• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

live pokemon trailer

waht do you think about the live trailer

• im not that excited

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • its ok...

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • love it! hope its real!

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • what are you talking about?

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • its disturbing

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • im not that excited

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • its ok...

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • love it! hope its real!

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • what are you talking about?

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • its disturbing

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Edited the video into your post for you. Anyway. If it's real, because there's a more than likely chance it's fake, but if it is real... yeah, it's a bit disturbing in a lulzy sort of way xP I would watch it, groan for most of the movie, but still buy it. Why? Because I'm a Pokemon whore, and I am obligated to buy something ridiculous like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Sem. I hate that they would do something as stupid as putting guns and death into Pokemon (not counting the one or two Japanese Pokemon episodes that were banned), but I would still buy it because I would buy almost anything Pokemon related.

I'm kinda meh at the thought of it. Although the direction the movie is going seems waaaay to dark for Pokemon (I'm looking at you kid with the gun to his head), it does kinda excite me, plus some of it looks convincing (Voltorb, I saw you, you devilish ball you.). However, something tells me it'll suck. Why? I'll enlighten you.

1. Pokemon has been around far too long to not have a live movie, and because of this, though its painful to say, not many people know of the newer generations. And because of this, the movie would most likely be filmed from a 1st gen purist's point of view.

2. The director. Remember The Last Airbender? Dragonball Evolution? Something tells me that this movie will be directed by Shamalan, and I will be afraid if it is.

3. Since it's live action, they'll take all the atention from what really matters. The people? Well, characters are important, but no. The Gym Leaders? More than likely, but still no. The Pokemon themselves. Now, a live version of this would be awesome, but I'm afraid that they'll make it too teenage romance (and I'm sensing Satoshi/Ash X Kasumi/Misty here.).

Regaurdless, I'll jump on the band wagon if it does happen to come out, but I doubt it will. Besides, my eyes probably deceived me, but it looked like Onix was the size of a snake (a real one, mind you).

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as I have a tendency to love every movie if the special effects are good enough, I do actually hope this movie is real. Seeing the trailer though, I think that this movie isn't for kiddo's, and that's what PokeMon is all about; Family-friendliness. And the animations look kinda suckish. If they ever air a real live action PokeMon movie, I want the animations to be Avatar-like good. The scene with the shoop-da-woop Gyarados is pretty cool though~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
This just...why? Didn't they learn when they tried to do this with Dragonball a few years back? Taking a beloved thing and trying to make it live action and modern, it's gonna look awful (the Pokemon look like the live action TMNT characters from the 80's :T) and just suck something fierce. I'm really getting annoyed with the continued butchering of shows/games I enjoy a whole lot and their crappy movie counterparts.

I'm just really hoping that this isn't real.
[me=Sir Red]crosses fingers[/me]

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Guys, in absolutely no possible way is this real. Don't even let the possibility cross your mind - it is, absolutely, completely, positively, 100% fan (although I use that term loosely to describe the people behind this gunwank) made.

Hrmm... If this is real, I think they couldve done a better effect on the Pokemon. They look like crap compared to what they couldve look like! (For example, Avatar. 'nough said.) ???

maggie_mae97 said:
Hrmm... If this is real, I think they couldve done a better effect on the Pokemon. They look like crap compared to what they couldve look like! (For example, Avatar. 'nough said.) ???

Avatar was one of the most expensive movies made in recent years - Nintendo wouldn't put any where near the sort of money into a Pokemon movie. No where near.

Like Oak said, there is no chance of this being real. If anything it is far, far too dark for Nintendo's "family market" which Pokemon is. We might be running around killing each other with critter attacks, but that's not how Nintendo would want Pokemon to viewed on the world market. This is quite obviously fake.

You can tell from the pixels and having seen many fakes before.

Giving TR guns and destroying peoples cars with Voltorb? yyyyyyeeeaaaahhh.

It is not real. And it would probably be rubbish in an alternate universe where it wasn't an obvious fake and was in fact real.

Yep, I knew it. Filmed from a first gen perspective. Not only that, but it also makes it too dark. Thank goodness its fake, other wise I think the franchise would be ruined (what with the bad reputation Pokemon already has, add this blood and mayhem to it and it gets banned in more places.)