• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Life in Gensokyo (A Touhou RP)

So the binding stone acts as either her source, catalyst, or channeling tool for her magic... Kanji mentally analyzed as he leaped back, evading what he could. Tossing a dagger into the air, he teleported to it and carefully considered his options. You said this was the beginning...that the first spell was the 'easy part'...Milady, I couldn't agree more. He smiled as he hurled twice as many daggers Shizuki's way, though he had a surprise waiting for her as half of the daggers vanished and appeared around her, flying the same speed as when he tossed them.

Last edited:
Shizuki assumed, when the daggers disappeared, that she'd successfully evaded the attack, and began summoning her familiars for her next attack, only to be caught off guard when some of them reappeared, a few of them getting her between her shoulderblades.

"You got me once," she announced, "But can you get me again? Light brigade!"

And she quickly summoned more familiars.

An idea sparked in Kanji's head and he tossed one dagger up into the air in a careful arch. He then crossed his arms and charged through the familiars, taking a considerable amount of damage, but also blocking Shizuki's view of him, and teleported to the now falling dagger he threw earlier. He caught the projectile and tossed it at the binding stone, holding a second dagger at her throat.

Last edited:
(AHEM. That's autoing. Retconned.)

"Well, it's time for the last of my new spells," the witch announced, "Let's see you survive this!"

And with that, Shizuki produced a long, green candle, attaching a hakkero to the holder, before she began to recite the spell. It was a simple one, but it was set to be one of her most powerful... If it worked...

"Wild fusillade!"

The witch's candle began to glow. And then a huge laser burst from the tip, as Shizuki sent out more familiars, shooting non-directional barrages.

(Apologies. Which parts should I edit? Or would it be better to just delete the last post?)

Not one to fall without a fight, Kanji tossed a hail of daggers at Shizuki as she cast her spell and tried to teleport them around her. Sadly, however, he had no time to focus, and wound up taking the full brunt of the attack, with only two of his daggers remaining airborne. As he lay there on the ground within the dust, he chuckled. Well so much for that job... he thought to himself. Guess I need to find some other employer...

(The part about you knocking away Shizuki's stone)

With the ordeal over, the witch dispelled all of her familiars, and snuffed out her candle with her thumb. "So, I think that this last spell is a definite keeper," she commented, "It's no Fantasy Heaven, but it does its job well enough."

"I'll say..." Kanji chuckled, picking himself off the ground. "You're quite a spell caster, I'll give you that. That was the most fun I've had ina danmaku battle in years." Standing up, he let out a bit of a sigh. "Alas, a deal's a deal. I shall seek employment elsewhere. Good day to you, Milady." He turned to leave as his daggers vanished from the battlefield.