• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Let's Create Our Own Pokedex/Fakedex~!

Where should the Gecko's Pokemon special trait be at?

• It's tail

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • It's tongue

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Mr. Karp, everyone agrees with you. XD

So, now that we have the stats figured out, let's move on to decide Grabecko's move pool!

Leaf Blade! He could use his grabby-tail to grab a sword (the sword could be like Osahwott's Scalchop) and slashy-slash opponents. >_<
Plus: who doesn't like LEAF BLADE???

Ok, we'll have Leaf Blade in the move pool! But for now, let's decide on attacks that are going to be learned at a lower level.

Vine whip
Spore
Bite (Later Crunch)
Leer
Tackle
Slash
Sleep powder
Mega Drain
Needle Arm
Grass Whistle
Snatch
Thief (Duh)
Brutal Swing
Beat up
Pursuit
Torment
Body slam
Force Palm
That's all I got

@Mockingchu check out my favorite move. xD

Here's my move pool (in order):
-Fire Punch (egg move)
-Ice Punch (egg move)
-Thunder Punch (egg move)
-Scratch
-Vine Whip
-Tail Whip
-Ingrain
-Wrap
-Quick Attack
-Thief (when evolved)
-Needle Arm
-Shadow Sneak
-Force Palm
-Snatch
-Toxic
-Seed Bomb
-Night Slash (when evolved again)
-Shadow Punch
-Dizzy Punch
-Dragon Tail
-Fake Out
-Wood Hammer
-Dynamic Punch
-Focus Punch

I didn't include Absorb and it's line because it's Special Attack and that doesn't seem to fit very well with this Fakemon. However, it does sound cool when Mockingchu says that it works through grabbing the opponent and draining their HP. I also didn't include Leaf Blade because that's basically Sceptile's main move, and we've already had Serperior plus Decidueye get that move through their movepool. Maybe creating a custom grass type move for this fakemon would be nice, and it could be called something like "Wildhand Whack".

Last edited:
Lv.1 Scratch
Lv.1 Tail Whip
Lv. 5 Absorb
Lv.7 Vine Whip
Lv.10 Pursuit
Lv.12 Wrap
Lv.13 Quick Attack
Lv.15 Torment
Lv.17 (When evolved) Thief
Lv.18 Needle Arm
Lv.20 Beat Up
Lv.22 Seed Bomb
Lv.25 Mega Drain
Lv.28 Grass Whistle
Lv.35 Switcheroo
Lv.37 (When evolved) Night Slash
Lv.38 Shadow Sneak
Lv.40 Fake Out
Lv.41 Giga Drain
Lv.43 Slash
Lv.45 Dizzy Punch
Lv.47 Sucker Punch
Lv.50 Shadow Punch
Lv.53 Force Palm
Lv.55 Dynamic Punch
Lv.57 Leaf Blade
Lv.60 Ingrain

TMs
Leech Life
Brutal Swing
Toxic
Dragon Tail
Swords Dance
Drain Punch
Body Slam

Egg Moves
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch

This is all that I have. Is it enough, or do we need more?

Me gusta. Suficiente. The moves all seem pretty good, and they fit Grabecko perfectly. But maybe we could add Shadow Ball. Grabecko could form the Shadow Ball using its hand-tail thingy ma-joob-er.

Maybe it could extend its (am I using the right its/it's?) grabby-mc-grabber and slap the opponent silly. That's what it seems like to me. Maybe it could have some sort of recoil (hence, "wild"), but still be really powerful.
On a side note: the Fakedex that I've been working on for ages is almost done! Yay!!! Well, I guess only the illustrations are almost done, but still- YAY!!!

Does it have any effect? What is the power? PP of the move? Accuracy? We need to figure all of that stuff out for this new move "Wildhand Whack".

It's accuracy should be fairly low, but it should be powerful enough to do massive damage if it hits. Once again, I'm awful at stats stuff, so that's on y'all.:D As for PP, I think it should be 20ish. Enough that it allows you to miss several times, but also doesn't have too many uses. It might also have a possibility of paralyzing the opponent because they were Wildhand Whacked too hard!

I was thinking it could be 85 Atk with 100% accuracy, with a possible chance of being confused. As for PP, I agree with Mockingchu; around 20.

85 ATK
100% Accuracy
PP 20

How about it's effect? What should the move have, so it stands out?

I know that I shouldn't be giving ideas as the leader, but I say we switch the name pf the attack for "Stealing Whack".

Then, we reduce the power and accuracy to..

80 ATK
90% Accuracy
PP 20
Type: Dark

And add a new effect..!

"If the move successfully makes contact with the adjacent Pokemon, it steals the item that the enemy Pokemon is holding. This effect does not work if the user is already holding an item."

How does it sound?

I chose Wildhand Whack because I originally planned for it to be a grass type move. The "wild" part is kind of talking about, well, wildlife and the rest is just what I came up with. I'm honestly fine with both names. Oh, and I really like the ability you came up with, GokuPT99; it sounds both unique and cool. :)

Oh, ok. So the effect was a chance of Paralysis? My bad, I probably misunderstood the concept. Will we go with the Wildhand Whack move?

I would go with the Wildhand Whack move, but since I was the one who created it, don't go by my word. :p

Last edited:
Whirlwind Whack sounds great but doesn't really go with the theme
Stealing/Snatching Whack doesn't really sound great but does go with the the am

Maybe something like "Pickpocketer's Punch"

Edit: Or maybe Pickpocketer's Pinch

How about Pickpocket Plantation? The move could be where the user snatches the held item of the opponent and either takes it or, if it's a healing item, the user gains half of it's health. The accuracy could be around 90 and the PP could be 15. And I know, I'm still sticking with the move being grass type. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.