• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Let's Create Our Own Pokedex/Fakedex~!

Where should the Gecko's Pokemon special trait be at?

• It's tail

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • It's tongue

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
502421_upload_2017-5-19_6-27-15.png

Here's a drawing of the Fakemon grass starter evolutions. It's also in the Creative Corner if you're interested seeing it there.. :p

I like the armour on its back, or whatever that is
It also looks nothing like the Treeko line, 'cept for the leaf on its head. Which is good

I got kind of confused of where to put leaves, because I love adding leaves to grass type Pokemon for some reason. Taking those off probably would be good. Also, maybe making it's back and tail darker would probably help. Adding the color of it's leaves onto the first starter may help it look more diverse from Treecko's coloration.

Hmm, good idea! Maybe the Fakedex could say something about it's leaves on the end of it's tail being extremely strong and flexible, having the capability to grab up to the heaviest of things.

Maybe the really little one could be a sneaky pickpocket found normally sneaking through the streets, stealing things from people when they aren't looking

@NerdyNinja I was talking about the mask.. Salandit have a design in which a bandana is wrapped around him/her. The bandana probably also represents a criminal mask. Also, Salandit resemble a salamander or lizard. Finally, I hate being this person, but thief* and their*. :p

Last edited:
@Kragn Lol me too. I am that one friend who always corrects people. As for the design, I like the ideas you have. If it's alright with Goku, I say we move onto the next starter. I know we technically have to make descriptions for this one, but maybe we can task a select few for that, and the rest can work on the other Fakemon.

502421_upload_2017-5-19_6-27-15.png

Here's a drawing of the Fakemon grass starter evolutions. It's also in the Creative Corner if you're interested seeing it there.. :p
Great drawings! But remember that those aren't and will not be the official art for the Fakemon! I can take inspiration from the drawings, but please do not claim this art as the official one for our Fakedex.

Even so, great drawings, thank you for the design ideas, Kragn!

@GokuPT99 "the currently unnamed Fakemon I drew out"
I don't see anywhere where I claimed this to be official art. I did name the title "Fakedex", but if you happened to see this as an official drawing, my apologies. Also, me and the others are already getting new ideas for this Fakemon, like when Mr Fishykarp suggested that the tail could be a leaf-like grip claw and how the Fakemon could be a sneaky pickpocket. When I meant I would sketch it out, I do usually get carried away with sketches and I end up coloring them; I'll take the blame for that. :p

P.S, I just added that the Fakemon isn't the official art in my description section. Hope it helps. :)

Last edited:
@GokuPT99 "the currently unnamed Fakemon I drew out"
I don't see anywhere where I claimed this to be official art. I did name the title "Fakedex", but if you happened to see this as an official drawing, my apologies. Also, me and the others are already getting new ideas for this Fakemon, like when Mr Fishykarp suggested that the tail could be a leaf-like grip claw and how the Fakemon could be a sneaky pickpocket. When I meant I would sketch it out, I do usually get carried away with sketches and I end up coloring them; I'll take the blame for that. :p

P.S, I just added that the Fakemon isn't the official art in my description section. Hope it helps. :)
Oh, no. I never said that you DID say that it was official. I was just telling you not to say so. Thanks for adding that part, really does help a lot.

And, I know that I'm taking a LONG time for this drawing, but digital drawing is not only harder than pencil drawing. But I've been quite busy with school and all. I promise to have it done for the end of today, and we will be able to proceed with this Fakemon. I sincerely apologize.

Oh, no. I never said that you DID say that it was official. I was just telling you not to say so. Thanks for adding that part, really does help a lot.

And, I know that I'm taking a LONG time for this drawing, but digital drawing is not only harder than pencil drawing. But I've been quite busy with school and all. I promise to have it done for the end of today, and we will be able to proceed with this Fakemon. I sincerely apologize.

Ahh, that makes more sense.

Yeah, I agree. Digital drawing is a pain. I've tried digital drawing at least five times, and every single time I've failed miserably. xD

Why haven't I stumbled upon this thread earlier? I always wanted to create a fakedex! But either schoolwork or Artist's Block got in my way, I know! Maybe I can make the Fakedex Entries! I'll still help with all the other stuff still

That's what I was bringing up I can make a concept for Entries then we can edit them to make them suitable for the Pokemon

As Skybeast stated, no one has a determined role. We all are every role together.

And oy, yeah..!! The drawing, it's almost done! I just gotta add some shading... boom! It will be done!

We'll decide on a specific name whenever the design is done.

I tried my hardest to make a Digital Drawinh, but I failed miserably, so I decided to go classic and draw it with pen and color! Hope you guys like it, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_5350.JPG
    IMG_5350.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 64
@Mockingchu I actually just use an iPhone.. I also do "professional" photography, so I know where to get the best lighting around where I live. I'd suggest for you to find a place with good lighting and to have your drawings stand up straight (with a stand-up frame, chair, wall, etc). Having your drawings stand up straight helps with shadows that usually get in the way. Hope this helps~ :)

@GokuPT99 It's superb! Yeah, I like your starter evolution much more than the one I drew. xD

Last edited:
Whelp, we have our name! Grabecko is our grass starter! Now we shall move to deciding Grabecko's stats! Let's start by deciding Grabecko's base stats.

i see this thing as a fast physical attacker, so in my opinion we could focus on those stats the most, but im all ears for any other suggestion

Well, I'd imagine Grabecko to be a bit less specially defensive. I imagine him as a Speedy Physical Attacker with not much defense

Hp: 60
Attack: 70
Sp. Attack: 32
Defense: 35
Sp. Defense: 32
Speed: 77
Base: 306

Status
Not open for further replies.