• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Let the games begin! Olympics 2010

As you know, this weekend marked the start of the 2010 Winter Olympics. The opening ceremonies were mesmerizing and a bit sad as the death of the Georgian luge competitor was honored. And let's not forget where the competition is being held. Katie must be a very proud Canadian right now.

So what do you think of the opening ceremonies? And what about the rest of the games so far?

my fave part of the ceremony was the bit where that dude was playing the fiddle/violin and they were dancing. The harp playing was also fabulous as I am fascinated by that instrument, I would learn to play it if I had a few tens of thousands of dollars to get one. It should be a great tournement :). Go Australia!!!! Lolz

I read that aricle ,and I was Pikachu'ed (shocked) to hear about that.I mean I tossed a couple of water bottles (empty) at my cousins but that was (lookes though a thesarus) crazy :o!
So far my favorte part of the Olympics was most likely the snowboard---err I mean the figure skating.I was excited to see that Germany won the bronze(zong ;)) medal and the Chinese weren't half bad either.(by the way I'm part German)

I haven't been paying much attention to the games themselves, as most of the sports I like (tae kwon do, diving, etc.) are in the summer games. Because of this, I pay attention to the scandals.

The funniest one yet (and thus the least...for lack of a better word, important or bad) is one winner chipping a tooth when posing with a medal. Hey, designers, you make the medals look like potato chips, someone might try to eat them, 'kay?

Tonight, Team USA just pwn'd Canada in hockey. It was an amazing game played by both teams, but I'm so relieved that we beat Canada in their own sport. :3