• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Legendary trouble.

Have you ever gotten a problem, when you've done as MUCH as you can to catch a legendary pokemon, and they keep breaking out? This is happening to me.

I'm playing my new Fire Red Game, and I'm in the powerplant, trying to catch Zapdos. I've tried about five times, the the best I've done (and most I can do) is get the health down to where it's barely visible, put Zapdos to sleep, and use an ultra ball.It keeps breaking out after the first jiggle of the ball. What more can I do?
Does the the level of the Pokemon your using mean anything? Because I cannot figure it out. I've never had this problem before.

Edit: I just attempted to capture zapdos again. I used scyther to false swipe it three times, and I KNOW it was at 1 HP. I then put it to sleep, and used an ultra ball. It jiggled once, and broke out! AGH! It's impossible.

I had that with Articuno and Moltres, Zapdos went in fairly quickly. There isn't anything more you can do to what you're currently doing, your level doesn't make a difference, as far as I'm aware, you'll just have to keep trying.

Good luck.

I agree with Renorrin. In my FireRed game I was able to capture all the legendary birds with about 15 Ultra Balls and it only took that many because I didn't inflict a status condition on Articuno. LeafGreen was another story. Moltres took forever. It was close to fainting and it was paralyzed. It couldn't even use any damaging moves after awhile. That took over 20 Ultra Balls and I just gave up on Zapdos after the third try (I saved my game of course). It used over 50 Balls each time and I still couldn't capture it. I haven't even tried to catch Articuno. After all, I only capture them to fill my Pokedex.

I guess luck plays a factor because you aren't doing anything wrong as Renorrin said.

I chose to catch the event pokemon in emerald 2 days ago,and Latios...was...a...NIGHTMARE

he would NOT give up,then lugia nearly made me run out of ultra balls.

Strangly though,Mew took 3 tries.Its really just pure luck (or bad luck at that)

I just attempted to capture zapdos again. I used scyther to false swipe it three times, and I KNOW it was at 1 HP. I then put it to sleep, and used an ultra ball. It jiggled once, and broke out! AGH! It's impossible.

It's all luck, really.

i agree, like when i was going for moltres, 1st try, used all 50 of my ultra balls, 2nd try, about 3 i think...so...

[quote author=Gardevoir Master link=topic=2352.msg27031#msg27031 date=1183776708]
You just have to keep trying.
[/quote]

yes, i like quoting, especially if its the same quote.

Have you ever gotten a problem, when you've done as MUCH as you can to catch a legendary Pokemon, and they keep breaking out? This is happening to me.

I'm playing my new Fire Red Game, and I'm in the powerplant, trying to catch Zapdos. I've tried about five times, the the best I've done (and most I can do) is get the health down to where it's barely visible, put Zapdos to sleep, and use an ultra ball.It keeps breaking out after the first jiggle of the ball. What more can I do?
Does the the level of the Pokemon your using mean anything? Because I cannot figure it out. I've never had this problem before.

Edit: I just attempted to capture zapdos again. I used scyther to false swipe it three times, and I KNOW it was at 1 HP. I then put it to sleep, and used an ultra ball. It jiggled once, and broke out! AGH! It's impossible.
I tried the same thing, but I later used thunder Wave to paralyze it. It still made throw a lot but it felt easier when it's paralyzed. This is not proven but maybe you should try it.