• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Learning Disablities

One out of Five people in America alone have a learning disability which is actually not surprising if you think about it.

Learning Disabilities are all around for a lot of reasons, due to trauma, genes, hormones and just plain stupidity. I've seen some pretty harsh learning disabilities in my school time that made me feel a lot better about my own and actually jealousy of one girls Hyperlexia(bitch can read faster then anyone I know >:T).

I myself, have two. ADHD and Dyslexia. Both made my life hard during school, I struggled in classes which people thought were easy and I hated it so much, I barely read anymore because its just gotten to the point where I can't either focus or I can't read whats in front of me.

I get pretty angry over learning disabilites often, mostly because people think "Oh, you got ADHD, your a fuckin spaz!" or "Haha, your stupid!", I can deal with it most of the time because their being ignorant and don't know the whole deal with it, but honestly, the thing that angers me the most is teachers that medicate children to keep them calm so they don't have to deal with them and just teach the class normally without changing their schedules. No, don't do that, just ask the kids how they can change it so it could be easier for the both of them >___>

My views on it are simple, I think they're a different way of learning. I myself make fun of my dyslexia half the time with my friends and they laugh at it xD they even want to get me that "Dyslexic's are teople poo" shirt, which I was laughed with them about.

So what are your views on it? and if you have one(or multiple), you can share if you want :)

I'm ADHD, and it sucks sometimes. I just hate how people think I have mental problems, like OCD (Which, unfortunately, I do...) And stay away from me. I'm not in any of those "special classes" because I can control in well and it isn't so bad. But sometimes having it isn't so bad.

About the OCD, I have uncontrollable habits , (i.e. I can't be in a room and be comfortable unless the doors around me are closed, or another person is conscious around me.) and repetitive habits. I think about everything constantly and too much, which causes my migraines.

I seem to have hyperlexia, but no autism. I'm really smart, (Except in Math sometimes.) and I can read a whole 20 chapter book in under an hour. That's why I have such high reading scores!

Mental disabilities, yes. I hate 'em, I love 'em, and I have 'em. Nothing else to say...

I used to have ADHD, but overtime it somehow turned into ADD. I have a hard time staying focused on stuff, so I tend to miss a lot. I also have dyslexia, where I mix up my letters sometimes. Sometimes I'll be thinking of a letter, then I write another. Basically I have a hard time in school as well. But for some reason, I'm opposite to my class mates. For one, I do badly in classes where others do good, such as Algebre II, but I also do good in classes others do bad in, like World History :) (Like how I made an A+ on my Final 10th grade history exam.).

I look at it like this: If you're doing bad at something, that just means you're better at other things. Like how I have an odd talent for drawing, voice acting (well, in my opinion), I can make a baby stop crying, Balance several pencils on my nose, and other things :) while I'm bad at most things academical.

Edit: It is sorta difficult, as some people treated me like I was mentally disabled, but then again some people made sure I remembered to take my medicine, as they cared about me :) while others thought that anyone with ADHD or Dyslexia would be fun to hang around (they think life's full of surprises, like walking through an Exit door or, and this is what they think, that I'm either a party guy (which I'm not) or I can make things go boom (I don't know why).).

Actually, come to think of it, I think almost everyone has some sort of mental disability, just in different compartments of life.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
When I saw that you had ADHD and dyslexia, Zacky, I immediately thought of the Percy Jackson series ^^;

Anyways, I, myself, don't have any learning disabilities, though a lot of the people I've become with do. One of my friends has ADHD, another's dyslexic, and still another's autistic. I tend to be very accepting to those who're looked down upon because they're somewhat different from others, and I think that has to do with the fact that my brother has PKU/Phenylketonuria, which makes you retarded if you eat too much phenylalanine. And since no one in China really knew about it... I have a mentally retarded brother.

I think it must suck to have some sort of disability, not because it makes life harder for you, but because others make life harder than it is. From what I've seen at school, "regular" people tend to shun those who're disabled in some what or another, or treat them differently/like a baby, which makes social life a little difficult. I, myself, do tend to treat these people like kids at times, but usually I ignore/forget what makes them different from everyone else and have fun with them like I do with my other "regular" friends. I don't know if that's the right thing to do, but it's the only thing that makes sense for me to do. And I do try to help whenever I can...

Shiny Eevee said:
When I saw that you had ADHD and dyslexia, Zacky, I immediately thought of the Percy Jackson series ^^;;

OH SHIT D: I've been found out D: *hides Riptide and whistles innocently*

*ahem*

I actually learned something very interesting today about dyslexia, despite the common myth that the majority of dyslexic's read backwards and see backwards, the truth is that only a small fraction do that. Not including myself as I see backwards and it annoys me >___> (fuck you d's and b's, you too p and q >>;; ), everyone I know that is dyslexic, don't read or see that way other then my friend Ramsey and myself, and we have quite a few kids that have dyslexia ^^;;