• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Law and Liquor

Kitri gasped when she glanced up at the time. "For now, I s'pose, I'd better get back to my apartment. Girlfriend's probably wondering where the hell I am," she answered, "You'll see me at this place tomorrow, five o'clock on the dot."

And the gijinka left the speakeasy quietly, flying back up to her apartment.

"Well Imma head home as well", he muttered. He left the bass and took the music sheet with him. He left speakeasy and walked his way back home. He finally arrived home. " Hey pops I'm home", he said. The weavile gijinka smiled and asked him if he got the job. "Yes, pop. I got the jobs also chief told to give you this", he said as he handed him the picture. The weavile gijinka smiled and said, " Heh, he still remember me". "Well, pop I got a show morrow and need some practice.", Rocky said. " Don't overdo yourself.Ok.", the Weavile gijinka said. Rocky nodded his head of agreement and began to practice.

Leland made it to his office, sat down in his chair, pulled out a cigar, lit it and started to smoke it.
"Ah... been a while since I've pissed someone off like that... too bad that guy's a total pushover... that line about a workout regimen, HAH! That's funny, I get enough of a workout as is running this business, at some points even the city. I just can't wait for a real challenge... something exciting, see?
Sudden background music, and Leland started tapping his foot unwillingly.
"Oh no, the foot's tapping again, why does the foot have to tap right now?!"
All of a sudden, a few jazz musicians came into the office in perfect formation, and Leland performed a flip from his desk. He exited his building, snapping to the beat of the song that was playing as we went down the street. Any time some random broad walked down the street, he would look at them for a bit, then either whistle, snicker, smirk or all three. As for every man, well... let's just say they're chilling out. He finally made his way home, then did this.
"Stop it! I told you guys to quit that crap! You know I can't resist the sweet, sweet sound of a saxophone! Go home or you'll end up like the rest of them!"
The jazz band ran off, Leland went inside his home, and he slammed the door shut. Well he's a comic, now ain't he?

Kitri shrugged her coat off the second she was home, hanging up up as she light another cigar. Her lipstick stained the tip bright red, not that she cared.

"You're late home."

"I was busy," Kitri responded, "Got some newbies down at the speakeasy."

The mysterious figure that Marduk talked to earlier had finally made his way to Opelucid city. By the looks of it, the police were a slightly less active here than in Castelia, in fact... were there any police there at all? The figure calmly made his way through the streets littered with many thugs, gangsters and every lowlife this side of Unova until he made his way to what looked like an old abandoned mansion that nobody has even been in for years. Once inside, the figure was greeted by two Gijinkas in jet black clothing. "I have a message from the boss, it's from his Marduk." The figure said, the two Gijinkas looked at each other in slight surprise before they stepped aside to let the figure make his way to the office on the second floor.

Before he stepped inside, he knocked on the door. "Enter!" A low, deep and somewhat hoarse voice said from inside the office. The figure from Castelia stepped inside the almost darkened room and noticed a tall figure looking out of the window on the other side of his large desk, the rest of his appearance hidden by the dim lightened room. "I've come with a report: Negotiations with Crimson Bell have been successful, we have access to move our business to Castelia city." The figure stated as he made sure not to take another step closer unless requested.

"Excellent, knowing the greed that most crime bosses carry with them, bribing them with access to the mountains makes for easy pickings. I trust Marduk had no trouble with negotiations?" The leader asked. "None at all, but I saw that he had trouble with a few thugs that ended with the rude interruption of another Gijinka. He also figured we should keep on guard as the negotiations seemed too easy and that he was going with the Crimson Bell leader to a fighting ring and fight their best man." The figure stated.

"Even better! When we take out Crimson Bell's best fighter, then they won't have much resistance against us should they try to betray us." The leader said as he gave a light chuckle. "Leave." He added. The figure nodded and left the office, once he was out, the leader walked up to his desk and looked at a photograph of what appeared to be him and a younger Marduk, the sight made the leader smile warmly.

"You're becoming a proud member of the Helm... son." He said softly to himself.

Rocky finally learned the song."Well time to hit the hay", he muttered as he put his pop's bass down and walked to the drawer to change. He finished changing and went to bed.

Kitri awoke late the next day, like she always did, with the bed next to her empty. Her girlfriend had long since left for her incredibly boring job of serving breakfast in an old folks home. It seemed strange, a good girl like her getting mixed with a bad'un like Kitri, but she wasn't about to complain.

She headed down to the speakeasy, to grab lunch, before rehearsal. Dapper Dan's Underground Shimmy was its name, better known as Dapper Dan's.

She sat by the bar as she chomped down on a radish sandwich, and berry cocktail, washing it down with vodka and razz berry juice.

Marduk woke up the next day to the sunlight's rays on his face, after he opened is curtains, he got a knock on his door. "Enter." He said. The door opened so Amanda, the Gothitelle Gijinka could enter. "Good morning boss, I hope you slept well." She said with a light smile. "I did, what about you, Amanda. Also, we're alone; you're free to call me by my name." Marduk responded with a small smile which caused Amanda to blush lightly before she cleared her throat. "I've had a look at everything before meeting you and I met one of the Crimson Bell members and he told me that he wants to meet us at the fighting club at Ten O'clock. He even gave me a little map with the location." She said as she handed him the map.

"Great work, I'm always happy to see you work so hard for the gang." Marduk said as he had a look at the map. Amanda blushed lightly. "I do it for m-more than just the gang... I-" She tried to speak before she was interrupted by the door which swung open to reveal Gregory. "Morning boss!" He shouted which caused the two to flinch and look at him in annoyance. "Gregory! Stop barging in like this!" Marduk said. "And don't be so loud, some people are still trying to sleep." Amanda said, unaware that she was still blushing.

"Alright, Ten O'clock. We've got plenty of time, what do you say we grab some breakfast and then check out the warehouse that Crimson Bell generously gave us." Marduk said and he folded up the map and put it in his pocket. "Alright! Food!" Gregory shouted excitedly as he began to walk out of the room. Marduk and Amanda face-palmed lightly as they walked out. "He's almost like a kid." Amanda said. "Yeah, and we're the parents who have to look after him." Marduk joked as he walked down the stairs, unaware of Amanda's flinch and heavy blush.

Rocky woke up early the morning, cooked some breakfast for himself and his pops. He cooked his famous Oran berry pancakes. After breakfast, he grabbed his pop's bass and headed to Speakeasy to rehearse before showtime.

He finally arrived at Speakeasy and spotted Kitri." hey how you doing", he said he ordered a shot of vodka.

"Good as I can be, I guess," Kitri replied, "Tonight's set is really gonna do a number on me. But it'll be worth it, if I do it well."

She finished a last bite of radish. "The manager's thinkin' of inviting some vaudevillian star down here soon. If I get noticed, it's outta Dapper Dan's, and onto a real stage, for me."

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Villa was woken up by the sound of the cars driving around the big city. He got up, got dressed, and headed down to the speakeasy for some food before his match tonight. He walked inside and sat at the bar and ate a oran berry. The Ambipom gijinka looked around the speakeasy, until he saw a Lucario gijinka holding a bass. Confused, Villa said "Hey, what's with that bass you got there. You gonna play up there or something?" while pointing at the stage.

The trio gave their keys back to the receptionist before they walked out of the hotel and over toward a nearby cafe. The streets certainly looked lively, but nowhere near as threatening as they were last night. Once they went inside, the made their way to a table and were greeted by a waitress that appeared to be a Lopunny Gijinka. "Welcome, may I take your order?" She asked. "I'll just have two slices of toast and an espresso, please." Marduk said before he turned his head to the other two. "Just two pancakes and an espresso as well." Amanda said. "I'll have what he's having, gorgeous." Gregory said as he informally leaned back and lightly gestured to Marduk. "Alrighty! I'll get em to you shortly." The waitress said before she left and prepared the food.

"So how long do you think it'll be until the Helm moves in to the new warehouse?" Gregory asked. "Well, we won't know until they arrive, but my guess is probably several hours knowing how long it took us to get here... by carriage." Marduk responded whilst the pair looked at each other and nodded in agreement. "Here you go guys, enjoy." The waitress said with a smile as she handed the trio their food. "Great, thank you." Marduk said as he handed her money for the food... and a little extra as a tip. "Keep the change." He said, the waitress left with a warm smile whilst the trio helped themselves to their food.

"Well imma play later," he said. The Bartender gave his shot of whiskey and rocky gulped it down. "I don't mind to play a tune or two", he said. " You have a suggestion of what song you want me to perform", he asked the Ambipon gijinka.

DoggoKing22

(Will there be a discussion page for this RP?)

Villa shook his head, "Not at the moment, no." He then realized that they didn't exchange names yet. "Oh wait, I didn't get to know your name yet. I'm Nasken. Villa Nasken" He said, holding his hand out for a handshake. Villa then went on, "Just a heads up, you probably heard of me before. I'm one of PFC's best fighters. It's okay if you don't know who I am, honestly."

"The name is Rocky pleasure to meet yea," he said as he shook his hand." My pops and I are a huge fan. In addition, it an honor to meet you", he said.
(Yea that would be a good Idea)

(I don't see a reason to make one)

Kitri raised an eyebrow. "Some kinda big-shot, eh?" she said wryly, "Well, ain't that somethin'!"

She shrugged her coat off, revealing a silver dress underneath. "Tell me, mr big shot, whatcha doin' at a place like Dapper Dan's?"

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Charles was leaning against the wall of the Pokemon Center, watching the over thieves. "Okay....if we've lost some members, we'll need newcomers that are more like us: That want to know how to survive and want to survive. We just have to find the right Gijinkas to look for." He said to a female Combusken Gijinka, Ozoka. She shrugged then punched his shoulder affectionately. "Maybe.....but we should be cautious on who we approach as well. Shouldn't we, John?" She added. Charles shrugged then scratched his neck.

Once Marduk's trio were done with their food and rink, they all left and made their way down to what looked like an abandoned warehouse by the harbor. They had a look inside, despite being stripped of almost everything inside, they were impressed with the amount of rooms, space and protection this place had to offer. "Not a bad pick if I do say so myself." Marduk said as he put his hands in his pockets. "Agreed." the two said simultaneously. "What time is it now?" Marduk asked.

Amanda looked at her pocket watch. "By the looks of it, I'd say it's Ten to Ten, we should make a move to the fighting ring. Any thoughts on who you want fighting?" She asked. Marduk took another look at the map before he turned to the duo. "Yes, Gregory. You're certainly strong in a fight and have so far never lost, I think you'll do well against Crimson Bell's toughest man. Besides, they'll pay more attention if someone with a low rank --no offence-- could beat their strongest." Marduk suggested as they began to walk through the streets to the fighting ring.

Gregory thought on what Marduk said. "Finally! A chance to let loose and beat someone down... no offence taken by the way." The Houndoom Gijinka said as he put his hands behind his head, just underneath his horns. Soon the group passed the Pokemon Center and went into an alleyway a few buildings away from it until they found a strange door. A little slot at Marduk's eye level opened. "What do you want?" A voice asked on the other side of the door. Marduk held out the map. "We were invited by Benjamin Frank III to come here." He said. "Oh! One moment please." The voice said as they closed the door and several clicks can be heard, almost as if the door had a lot of locks.

Soon the door opened and a tall human man appeared. "Please come in, and quickly. We don't want anyone finding our we're here." The man said as the trio walked inside and through the hallway toward the sound of cheering. "Ready Gregory?" Marduk asked before they made their way into a large stadium with a huge cage in the middle, two people could be seen fighting inside. "Ohoho, I was born ready, boss." Gregory said with clear confidence.

(I feel like I'm overdoing my char.)

DoggoKing22

Villa shook Rocky's hand, "It's nice to meet you as well, Rocky." He looked over at the Honchkrow gijinka, surprised by her question. "Honestly, I come here often on my spare time to get a drink and listen to the music that people play here." He said. Villa then pointed over to a poster he read last night on the fight he's having tonight. "You guys see that poster over there? If you haven't, go check it out. I found it yesterday, without knowing."

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"We still have a lot to learn....do not fret, my friend." The male Druddigon Gijinka said to Charles. The Zoroark Gijinka shrugged again. Kira, a Zorua Gijinka, looked over at the group then huddled back into her corner. "Our numbers were dwindling before and now this? We need more thieves." The Purrlion Gijinka said to everyone. The tension was starting to form but some thieves grumbled in agreement.

"I would, if I weren't working tonight," Kitri responded, "It's an important night for me. Got some big vaudeville girl to impress, and if I do, it might be my ticket to the big leagues. Theatre, and stuff."

DoggoKing22

"I understand completely. Good luck with that, by the way" Villa nodded. He then got an idea. "If you want, I could explain to you what the poster is saying right now because it probably won't be on the wall in the next couple of hours." He said.

"Go for it", he said. " Imma gonna tune my bass. For a bit.", he added as he pulled his bass and began tuning the bass. He turned to Kitri and said,"You wouldn't mind if I can give some spark in this place. After tuning it of course".

"Sure, why not," Kitri responded, "Do whatever you like, as long as you don't take a hair off the bow, or pop the strings. Can't have that before tonight. The boss won't like it, and neither will I."

DoggoKing22

Villa nodded. "Okay. Here's the dealio. The poster says that it's the final match in the PFC championship," he said. He then continued, "The fight is between me, and the current champion, Mach Chanpio, a Machamp gijinka. Whoever wins this fight, is deemed the PFC champion. I have a feeling I might lose pretty quickly, in terms of type, but we might be even because we both have four arms, if you count my tails as an extra two arms." Villa said. He looked at the clock and then at the poster. "The match won't start until 10:00 P.M., so if you two want, you can stop by and watch the fight."

Last edited:
"Don't worry. Pop's bass strings are tough so I won't disappoint any of you he", said as he finished tuning his bass. " Villa you worked hard for this. You will win", he added as he stand and walked to the stage.

"It'll be an excuse to stay out longer, if nothing else," Kitri conceded, "Alright, slugger, I'll see you then, when I'm done here. I'll bring a pack of my finest cigars, if you do well."

The Honchkrow glanced up at the time, cursing under her breath. "For now, I'd best get ready for my show. A flapper girl's makeup ain't easy to do, y'know."

Leland finally got out of his house, suit and all, and walked down the streets of Castelia once again, pondering with each step he took. Was he really living the life, or was there more to it than money, drinks and women? He thought and he thought, and then decided. The hell was he just thinking?! He needed something new, quick. By the time he made his decision, a punk ran into him, as soon as Leland was going to throw a punch, he stopped, actually thinking about what he was doing.
"Sorry, pal. Didn't mean to do you injustice or nothing. Here, take this as an apology."
He handed the punk a wad of bills, then walked off to the club once more, walked in, and took his seat at the bar, ordering his usual, much calmer and sincerely, however.

DoggoKing22

"Hey, thanks for being able to go, you guys," Villa said. Smiling, he gave a thumbs up to Rocky while he was walking over to the stage. Turning to Kitiri, Villa said, "Go ahead and take your time. I'm gonna be stayin' here for a while longer before I go to the stadium across the city. By the way, I didn't get to know your name yet."

"It's Kitri," she said simply, "Kitri Vasquez. Local scummy jazz singer, alcoholic, smoker, and lesbian."

She headed off to her dressing room, putting a white, fur-trimmed coat over a silver dress, and heels of a similar colour. Next, she swiped on a layer of red lipstick, and outlined her eyes in black.

He turned his head to the Ambipom.
"The gal may not realize it, but she something real special. Voice is like a goddess', her attitude is attractive, s'well as her body, girl's gifted. Can tell already she's gonna go far. Don't tell her this ugly mug said that though."

DoggoKing22

Villa turned and saw an Empoleon gijinka talking to him about Kitiri. "Y'know, and I'm gonna be saying this with full honesty, I have never heard her sing before, so it's gonna be my first time. And I'm probably going straight to the boxing arena right after because I have a match to attend to."

"I bet ya do. I know my way around a fight as well, probably not a good as you since you're a professional and all, but I can stand my ground pretty well. Don't think I'll be brawlin' for a while, though, not good for my business, see?"

DoggoKing22

Villa tilted his head. "Wait. You own a business? That's really neat. What kind of business is it?" He said while being amazed by Rocky's bass playing across the room.

"Nothing a guy like you would be into. Let's just say that many people, human and gijinka alike owe me for what I do for them. Unfortunately I don't get to thank quite a few of them... saddening, really."

His finished performing and walked the stage." How was the performance Villa", he asked. He turned to empoleon gijinka and waved at him. He checked his watch, and see a bit of time before the show start.

DoggoKing22

Villa held his left tail up for a high five from Rocky. "You did a good job up there, not gonna lie. It made me remember when I used to play the violin when I was younger and before I was a professional boxer for the PFC." He said. Villa looked at the clock with a sigh of relief. "I only got a couple of hours before the match starts, so I'm pretty sure Kitiri will be up there soon. And plus, I gotta get to the arena early for some practice before the big match."

"Careful, kiddo. In these type of bouts, there usually some kinda rigging, and no one knows whose side it's in favor for. Call a time out if the punches feel tougher than they should, okay? Hate to see a prizefighter like you go to waste."