• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Law and Liquor

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Well....this is interesting...guess I'll call it a night." Charles said then got up from his stool and pulled his hood over his head more. He left the bar then out the building, looking around quickly. He grinned then started running towards the old Pokemon Center.

Name: Marduk Magala

Appearance: Pale skin, Fuchsia eyes, Dark blue hair tied into a scruffy ponytail. He wears a long closed Black coat with a frayed tail that reaches his ankles and a Fuchsia colored collar that resembles a Hydreigon's as well a six thin holes in the back to put his wings through, Fuchsia pants and Black boots. He has six Hydreigon wings on his back that can allow him to fly.

Species: Hydreigon Gijinka

------------------------------

Marduk calmly walked through the darkened streets with his hands in his pockets, he appeared to be accompanied by two other Gijinkas; one being a Gothitelle and the other being a Houndoom. Marduk sighed lightly. "As useful as darkened streets tend to be for us, it can get a little vexing after a while." He said. "Ah, don't worry about it, boss. We'll have this job done, get back and you can open up a cold one with your old man in no time." The Houndoom Gijinka said with slight confidence. "Let's not forget what we're dealing with, one of the gangs has offered the chance for us to freely do business in Castelia, Hydreigon's Helm need every opportunity to do business within the Big Oran Berry." The Gothitelle Gijinka stated, unaware of the group of thugs tailing them from the shadows.

Rocky drank his last drink and decided to call the night. "Maybe the boss will come back later.", he mumbled. He pulled out a watch that he secretly pickpockets from the Empoleon gijinka and smirk. "He should've never underestimated me", he mumbled and placed the watch in his pocket.

Marduk nodded at the Gothitelle Gijinka "That we do, Amanda. The sooner we have the chance to work in Castelia, the..." Marduk stopped talking and realized that the duo weren't the only ones following him, but a group of thugs as well, consisting of humans and Gijinkas alike. Marduk sighed with slight annoyance as he fully turned around to face the group, his companions did the same and put their hands behind their backs while Marduk walked slightly closer to the group. "Can we help you, gentlemen?" He asked. "Yeah, hand over all your valuables... and perhaps that girl you're travelling with too." The group leader said whilst the group laughed lightly. "Ganged up by a group of lowlifes... typical..." Marduk thought. "I have a better idea, how's about I give you a taste of Hydreigon's Helm's power?" He asked nonchalantly as he took one of his hands out of his pockets.

The group stood silent for a brief moment before half of them started to laugh. "Are you kidding? Hydreigon's Helm is just a myth! I'll admit, you match the rumors, but nobody's seen any members of Hydreigon's Helm." The group leader stated as a few group members agreed. "That's because of two things. One: We make sure to trust the right people. And two: We don't leave witnesses." Marduk said with a calm tone that slowly turned sinister at the end, he held out his hand which began to create a ball of black rings, about to use Dark Pulse on his enemies.

SaiyanDakon

Charles heard fighting then ran over to investigate. He saw three Gijinkas fighting with a gang. "What the hey?" He muttered then hid behind a dumpster, watching the two groups fight....or really...just the gang trying to survive from the Hydriegon Gijinka.

Jay heard a loud commotion outside and decided to investigate it. He ran outside and hid behind the building where the commotion is happening. " Oh Arceus", he muttered. "This can't be good", he muttered and remain vigilant.

He hears the commotion outside, then walks out after the other two, seeing the scrap between the two groups.
"Well now, this looks dandy! Think I'll enjoy myself too, see?"
He ran into the group, and knocked one of the gang members off into the distance, then froze another one of them, chucking them.
"Now THIS is what I call a party!"

Before Marduk could use Dark Pulse on the group, he was rudely interrupted by what appeared to he a trigger happy Empoleon Gijinka. What annoyed him wasn't the fact that he was denied the chance to have some fun, but to be interrupted was another thing entirely. Marduk stood down, folded his arms and groaned as he face-palmed lightly, afterward, he clicked his fingers and his two companions nodded and stepped forward. "What the hell are you doing, buddy?" The Houndoon Gijinka asked. "You have no right at all to interfere with Hydreigon's Helm business." Amanda added. "While I do appreciate you cleaning up this mess for us, I'm afraid you have to leave. This isn't a request." Marduk said almost sternly.

Kitri glanced down at the commotion as she flew, unsure whether or not to intervene. The police certainly weren't going to do anything about it, but if she got involved, she'd be painting a giant target on both her own head, and everyone in the speakeasy.

She flew a little lower, however, intrigued by the display, and wanting a closer look.

SaiyanDakon

Charles heard what the trio was saying to the Empoleon Gijinka then sighed. He got up from where he was hiding then turned to face the four of them. "You......what is the point of you three being here?" He asked the Hydriegon, who appeared to be the leader of the trio. What is that foolish Empoleon Gijinka thinking? Didn't he know he would've gotten killed?

Marduk looked back to see a Zoroark Gijinka approach him. "Our business is none of your concern. unlike that loose cannon over there-" He gestured to the Empoleon Gijinka "-I'm going to kindly ask you to leave. But if you don't want any trouble from us in the future, you'll take him with you." Marduk said almost bluntly, looking back to see that the gang members that the Empoleon Gijinka didn't hit started to run away, much to his annoyance.

The final straw came when Kitri noticed the zoroark from before. The one who'd just asked for a job at her speakeasy, nonetheless. The one she'd warned to stay away from the mobsters.

She landed with a clack, wings folding as she made contact with the floor. "You blockhead! What did I just say about getting involved with gangs?!"

SaiyanDakon

"This fool isn't with me....I'm on my own. I don't want trouble and I certainly hate death. Whoever you are, it doesn't matter...I don't care." Charles said to the Hydriegon Gijinka, "But....all I ask is your name...and don't ask if I'm an undercover cop. They don't even do their job."

Charles heard someone calling him a blockhead then turned to see the Honchrow Gijinka from the bar. "Its no gang....they did, however, take care of one."

"Sorry, pal. Got too excited. Not much good prey on the streets anymore, ya see? I gotta take every chance I get to stay in shape. Gotta say though, you're looking mighty tough, fella. How about I take you on after these thugs are done with?"
Turning to another, he got in a brawlers position.

"Sure doesn't look like it to me," Kitri responded, turning to the offenders, "Look, we're with a speakeasy nearby, alright? We ain't gonna say a word to the cops, else we'd get shut down. You leave the speakeasy be, we leave you be, cepiche?"

"Welp Imma head home before I become dead meat.", he muttered. Before he began to walk away he bumped into a gang member." Hey, howa doing", he said then threw punch on him. He ran up to the group. "Hey sorry to interrupt the welcome party, but were im a sort of pickle right now.", he said.

Marduk looked around at everyone with annoyance. "This night has just become more and more vexing... if you want to know only my name, fine. Call me Magala, Marduk Magala, you will do well to remember that name." he turned his head to the Empoleon Gijinka. "As for you, nobody cares about your workout routine, you got in our way and will stop yourself from doing so in the future." Then he turned his head to the Honchkrow Gijinka. "We have no quarrel with your speakeasy, so we'll leave it be, just make sure nobody gets in our way whether you know the people or not." Marduk said sternly to everyone. "Amanda, Gregory, come, we're done here." Marduk said as he began to walk through the streets once more, away from the crowd that grew in number and annoyance, his two Gijinka companions followed close beind and either side of him.

"Aw, come on... the party's leaving already? Tch, I can live without those chumps, for now, that is."
He turned his head to the Honchkrow gijinka, and smirked.
"Hey now, I didn't get to see you in tonight, doll... was I too late for the show again? Sorry you didn't get to see my ugly mug again, I know you only like me for the business."

"Sure I do," Kitri said coolly, "Y'all can come down to the speakeasy, hoot and holler at me, and drink 'til you're sick, for all I care. As long as it keeps my free booze supply open, and as long as you don't bring any real hooligans down there. I think you know what I mean."

Kitri raised an eyebrow. "Me? No, kiddo, I'm just a jazz singer there," she responded, "But the owner wants a new double-bass player. Our old one just quit, cuz he's got a kid on the way, and he don't wanna end up behind bars and miss his kid growing up. That's just about the only job we got goin' right now."

Marduk and his companions continued their walk through the streets until they stumbled upon a strange alleyway littered with what appeared to be gangsters of the same fancy looking attire: Red tuxedos with Black shirts, Red ties and fedoras. One of these gangsters walked up to the trio. "You the one from Hydreigon's Helm?" He asked. Marduk merely turned his eyes to him. "Yes." He replied. "Alright, follow me, boss has been expecting you." The gangster said as he lightly beckoned the trio to follow him, once they entered the alley, they were being tailed by two more gangsters who wore the same attire as the man they followed until they made their way to what looked like a dead end.

"You're gonna have to look away for this, you two, make sure they don't pull any tricks to try and read us." The gangster said whilst the other two nodded. The Dark Type trio turned around and patiently waited as the leading gangster started to press a few of the bricks like buttons in a certain order, once done, the wall began to open like a door. "Alright, follow me. You two, close the door behind us and cover our tracks."

The gangster continued to walk the trio through a surprisingly fancy looking hallway until they entered a luxurious office with everything a wealthy person could ask for. "This is it, now all we have to do is persuade an alliance. If not... we'll just take their place in the city." Marduk thought. "If you could please have a seat and I'll let the boss know you've arrived." The gangster said as he left the room. Marduk, Gregory and Amanda nodded and all sat down in their chairs and patiently waited for the leader of the establishment.

Last edited:
"Well pops taught few instruments and vocal. A job is a job, I take it", he said. " Oh, pops told me to give this pin back to the manager as well.", he added as pulled out the pin. He turned his head the Empoleon gijinka and pulled the watch, and gave to him."Never underestimate me", he said.

Kitri folded her arms. "Your pops wanted you to give a pin to the manager of some shady underground booze joint?" she remarked, "Seems like a strange request not gonna lie."

She turned away from the gathering, spreading her wings. "Suppose I'd better show you the joint, and give you your sheet music. I'm performing 'Hot Honey Rag' tomorrow night, and I need you to have it learned for me, pronto."

"Alright mam", he said. He began following the Honchcrow gijinka. As he followed he said, " Truth be told, I found that request is a bit odd. I might've believed the had history between them.".

"Oh really?" Kitri responded, "Can't go too far back. I mean, speakeasies have only been around for a few years, anyway, what with prohibition only becoming a thing in 1920. Can't think about what ol' Mr Kelley woulda done before he set the speakeasy up..."

Kitri trundled quietly inside, shrugging her coat off. The current band was still in full swing as she lead him to her dressing room, which was stacked up with a line of flapper girl dresses.

"This," she said as she went through her music, "Is what I perform most often. You'll need to learn quickly, if you don't know it already."

After a few minutes of silence and admiring everything in the room. The door opened to reveal a tall and rather obese looking human man who entered the room, he wore an attire similar to his goons, the most noticeable feature was the fur mane on his coat and many rings on his fingers. "Huh..." The man said as he walked to his chair, his eyes clearly focused on the Gijinkas as he sat down and glared at them, he took a deep breath and exalted before he spoke.

"Greetings ambassadors of Hydreigon's Helm, I hear you've been making quite the name out in Opelucid City. Despite what kind of monstrosities the Helm may have, I'm pleased to know the rumors were true, you've been real clever on how you do your business; No muck-ups, no trace of your involvement, not even a single loose end you've had to tie up. That's why I've called you out and offered to make a deal with you. But first, allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Benjamin Frank III, leader of the Crimson Bell gang." The man said in a clear and posh voice. "Might I get your names?" He asked.

"I am Marduk Magala, and these two with me are my most trusted companions: Gregory and Amanda." Marduk responded. "Alright Marduk, now that introductions are outta the way, let's get down to business, and you can start by explaining to me why I should let Gijinkas like you roam freely in Castelia and not be shot by my men." Benjamin asked as his tone became more and more serious. "Because you know of our existence, what we're capable of and the power you could have if you aligned yourselves with us. We have access to amazing weaponry, the finest food, alcoholic drinks, drugs and the most exotic of materials. Also, you'll have access to do your business in Opelucid city and have access to the mountains which hold valuable materials."

Benjamin thought for a moment on Marduk's offer, he agreed that the mountains were a great place to find rare materials that could make him richer than he already was. "Huh, alright, your offer sounds promising. I'm willing to give you one of the minor territories in Castelia, here's a map on my territories, pick one of the small circled areas and I'll let my guys let yours in." Benjamin said as he got out a map, by the looks of it, his territories hold between a third to a half of Castelia, much to Marduk's secret delight. "We'll take one of the warehouses, the one closest to the docks." Marduk replied as he pointed to said location.

"Huh, not a bad choice. Wasn't using that one much anyway and was considering abandoning it." Benjamin said. "Well one man's trash is another man's treasure." Marduk joked which caused the two to laugh lightly. "Alright then, Marduk. You've got yourself a deal, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." Benjamin said as he and Marduk shook hands. "Oh, it's not me you should be afraid of disappointing... it's my father." Marduk said in an almost threatening tone of voice which made Benjamin raise an eyebrow. After the handshake, Marduk and his companions went to leave, but stopped when Benjamin called them. "Oh, one more thing! I'm attending to a fighting ring sometime tomorrow and gonna put in my best guy." He said. "And?" Marduk asked. "I wanna see if your gang is as strong as they say, you want this alliance to run extra smooth, you'll send one of your guys to fight my guy and show me how strong Hyderigon's Helm is." Benjamin said as he rubbed his hands together.

"Done." Marduk responded almost instantly and proceeded to leave the room. This time, the trio all adopted a sinister smirk behind Benjamin's back. Eventually, Marduk's trio made their way back outside and into the streets once more.

"He'll be in the basement," she responded, "He's not hard to miss. He's a honchkrow as well, but much more flamboyant than me. He's one of those shinies, y'know?"

She grabbed a swig of whiskey from a bottle on her desk. "Boy, have I missed my drink already..."

"Thanks," he said and walked toward the basement. He spotted the manager. "Sir, my pops told me to give this back", he said as he handed the pin to him. The manager started to smile and patted rocky back. The manager briefly explained about the past and handed him a picture. The pictures show both when they were young.

After the conversation with the boss, he walked back up to see Kitri. "Mind if I get a shot of whiskey", he asked. " turned out he was happy after giving the pin back. He also gave me a picture when they were young." he added as he pulled the photo out.

"We're in a speakeasy, kid. Drink all you want," Kitri responded, as she poured out another glass, "Ain't nobody gonna bust you for drinkin' down here, unless you sell booze to any little'uns. Kids age fourteen, fifteen, who wanna try some grown-up drink."

She lit a cigarette from her pocket, marking the tip with her lipstick. "So the boss knows your pops, eh? Small world."

"Guess it's back to work for me... I think I hear a little piggy squealin' again... why is my work never easy? I'll be seeing the rest of youse later tonight. I'll try not to dirty the place up."
He walks back into the alleyway, knowing they think he's reckless, an idiot even. But that's just business for him.

He poured a shot, gulped it down. "Well, I gotta practice before showtime.", he said. " Don't worry I will get the song down n that a promise.", he said with a smile and grab a bass and began to practice.

SaiyanDakon

(I take a nap and then this happens XD)

Charles tapped his foot impatiently then took off running. "I know its not the last I'll see them." He muttered then stopped at the Pokemon Center. He banged on the door. "Let me in unless you want to get beaten to a pulp." He demanded. Charles waited a little then noticed the door sliding open. He went inside, grinning. "Hey, all. I'm back...." He muttered then turned to see a Purrlion Gijinka and a Druddigon Gijinka, "How many have we lost today?" The Purrlion Gijinka, Taylor, sighed then held up her whole hand. Bruce, the Druddigon Gijinka, added his talon. "Six, huh? Guess we need to find more thieves that can. Well....but anyway, we're getting cash soon." Charles whispered to them, grinning with pride.

Marduk and his trio decided to call it a night and rest at a hotel, on their way, they met a strange looking man in a long trench-coat and his eyes were covered by the shade of his hat. Marduk simply walked up next to it and whispered to it softly. "Tell Hydreigon's Helm that we have our place in Castelia city. Warehouse on the docks." Marduk said as he continued to walk along with Amanda and Gregory. "Understood." The figure responded and made their way to a travelling coach. Once Marduk arrived at the hotel, they were instantly met with brief silence as everyone carefully observed the trio... but soon returned to what they were doing as the trio made their way to the counter. "Me and my friends would each like a room; we've had one hell of a night, let me tell you." Marduk said an in almost cheerful manner as he put some money down on the counter to pay for it. "Certainly." The lady said as she collected and gave the trio their keys, the trio soon made their way to their rooms and most likely went to sleep.

(Gonna be asleep, then busy tomorrow morning so I won't post for a while.)

"Good on ya," Kitri replied, "And don't forget to rosin that bow, but you know that already. Can't have a bass that sounds like crap."

She picked up an amber coloured round, attached to a small cloth. "Here ya go," she continued, "We keep the rosin with all the other stuff, usually. Piano wire, strings, and what not. You'll figure it out soon."

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
While Villa was walking home, he felt like something was off. He searched through his pockets and realized that he left his wallet at the speakeasy. He quickly ran back there and went inside. He walked back to the table and saw his wallet wasn’t on the table he sat at, so he went over to the Incineroar gijinka running the bar, who was cleaning some glasses. “Excuse me, sir. Do you know if there is a lost and found anywhere?” Villa asked. The gijinka tilted his head over to the corner of the speakeasy, saying “Over there in the corner.” Without looking at the corner and focusing on the glasses. Villa went over to the corner and saw a cardboard box full of items that overflowed the box. He searched through the box and found a leather wallet that had the initials “V.N.” on it. Villa picked it up and placed it in his pocket. He walked back over to the bar and thanked the bartender. “Thanks a lot, man. I thought I lost it for good, with this city being big after all.” Villa said. “Anytime, kid.” The Incineroar replied back. He then turned around to place the glass on the counter, not realizing he was talking to Villa. “Wait a sec., you’re Villa Nasken. One of PFC’s best boxers. It’s a pleasure meeting you. Did you check the poster on the wall yet? It’s over there.” He said, pointing to a poster that was hanging on a wall. Villa read it out loud, “Pokémon Fighting Championship: The Final Battle. Villa Nasken vs Mach Chanpio.” He then gave himself a face palm. “Shit. I’m facing the reigning champion of PFC. I’m gonna be more dead than a Shedinja as soon as the first round starts.” Villa said

"Alright thanks," he said as he continued practicing the song on the bass. He has quickly memorized the song. He still continued practicing. "Remember what pops told ya", he muttered to himself.