• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Latest Pokémon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu Trailer + Switch Bundle Announced

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
SeaSkim_png_jpgcopy.jpg
The latest trailer for Pokémon Let's Go Eevee and Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu was released yesterday and showcases the use of secret techniques, as well as special moves that your partner Pokémon, Pikachu or Eevee, will be able to learn. You can find the trailer and more information below!

The secret techniques showcased in the trailer are Chop Down (which seems to be a replacement for Cut), Sea Skim (Surf) and Sky Dash (Fly). No sign of replacements for Strength and Flash, but presumably those will exist.

PikaPapow_png_jpgcopy.jpg

The special moves Pikachu and Eevee are seen using are exclusive to your partner. Pikachu has the special partner move Pika Papow, which receives a boost in strength depending on your bond with Pikachu. It can also use the move Splishy Splash, which is a Water type move with the chance to paralyze the opponent.

VeeveeVolley_png_jpgcopy.jpg

Where Eevee is concerned it has a wide variety of exclusive moves: Veevee Volley, Bouncy Bubble, Buzzy Buzz and Sizzly Slide. Like with Pika Papow, the power of Veevee Volley grows depending on your bond with Eevee. Bouncy Bubble is a Water type move which will heal Eevee for half of the damage dealt to the opponent. Buzzy Buzz is an Electric type move that can paralyze the opponent. Finally, Sizzly Slide is a Fire type move that always leaves the target with a burn status condition.

Finally, the trailer confirmed that Gym Leader Erika is still in-charge of the Celadon City Gym and gave us a showcase of the city, which is looking great in the new game.

Alongside the trailer it was also confirmed that a special Pokémon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu Nintendo Switch bundle will be released! The bundle includes a special Pokémon themed Switch as well as a digital copy of either Pokémon Let's Go Eevee or Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and a Pokéball Plus.

The set is being released worldwide and the Joy-Cons and dock will only be sold separately in Japan through Pokémon Center Online stores and My Nintendo stores. Will you be picking one up?

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
For anyone who's interested, here's the Japanese equivalent of the above trailer:

May I just say, I love the fact that Game Freak realized how useless Eevee is unevolved and gave it special moves to round it out. Pikachu having easy access to a Water-type move is great, too. Now I'm less uuuugh about being stuck with Eevee or Pikachu for the entire game.

I'm not buying this game now. I was really unsure for the game, usually I would pre-order a Pokemon game, but I was planning on this one hopefully for Christmas, but after this trailer and info, yeah, no thanks.

'Splishy Splash'. 'Buzzy Buzz'. Who comes up with these names? Also, Pikachu and Eeevee can now create balloons and fly? Or Surf? (Oh also, didn't Eevee just one-hit Onix with a not very effective move?)

I'm REALLY hoping Generation Eight will be good.... not have moves as terribly-named as these.

'Splishy Splash'. 'Buzzy Buzz'. Who comes up with these names? Also, Pikachu and Eeevee can now create balloons and fly? Or Surf? (Oh also, didn't Eevee just one-hit Onix with a not very effective move?)

I'm REALLY hoping Generation Eight will be good.... not have moves as terribly-named as these.
I believe these games are marketed toward the youngest of Pokemon players. I can't see these names being in a core game. GF likely knows a significant chunk of their audience is over 10 years old.
Every Gen Wunner is going to race in to the store at lightning speed when these games come out.
I sure hope you're trolling and not serious. I'm not going for these. The latest core games are already too easy and packed with stuff I'm not interested in.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not a "Gen Wunner" but I'm still going to download one of them on release day. Then I'm getting the other one as a physical PokeBall Plus bundle. 8D

Regardless of how done I am with Kanto (still makes me twitch thinking how we're being lumped with Kanto yet again), I'm already more satisfied with what I've seen of these games compared to what Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon gave us. The mechanical changes will be refreshing if anything, and I'm deeply excited to finally play a Pokemon RPG that doesn't have random encounters. I'm loving the graphical style they've gone for with these, too.

All in all, I'm genuinely excited and looking forward to getting my hands on the Let's Go games. :)

(It's gen 8 that I'm wary about after US/UM...)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
(If anything, it's gen 8 that I'm wary about after US/UM...)
Hard agree.

I'm not exactly over the moon about going back to Kanto again, but it's hard to deny that it makes sense for an "in-between" game like this, and especially one trying out a lot of new mechanics – which are what I'm really looking forward to. Mostly the little things like being able to nickname Pokémon anywhere and access your PC boxes anywhere, as well as the bigger things like wild Pokémon on the overworld (and, of course, following Pokémon!)

But honestly, I was always going to buy any game on Switch anyway, I can't wait to play Pokémon on a big screen!

My real worry is that next year's game will scrap all of the improvements made this year in favour of a more "hardcore" experience, which would just feel really outdated after the relative flexibility of Let's Go.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm still ambivalent about these games and the lack of a Switch doesn't help matters. At the earliest Let's Go Eevee and a Switch will be a Christmas present which gives me a few weeks to read reviews and talk to friends who pick it up day one to get their opinions.

The way your starter is a swiss army HM slave is amusing and convenient. It brings me hope that PokeRide wasn't a mechanic exclusive to Alola but something that will carry on for generations to come. I also like the added utility granted to Eevee by being able to use the elemental moves of its Stone evolutions. And of course we get Surfing Pikachu thanks to being a Yellow remake.

The custom Switch looks cool but, again, I want to wait and see what the price on it is. If the Switch + game + Pokeball costs the same as a regular Switch + game and the Pokeball is a free bonus then hell yeah I'll get it. If it costs about the same or just a bit less then it isn't worth it even for the design.

Bottom line, I'm intrigued by the games, they look fun, but I'm not completely sold on them yet to the point that I'm foaming at the mouth counting the days until I can get my claws on them.

Hard agree.

I'm not exactly over the moon about going back to Kanto again, but it's hard to deny that it makes sense for an "in-between" game like this, and especially one trying out a lot of new mechanics – which are what I'm really looking forward to. Mostly the little things like being able to nickname Pokémon anywhere and access your PC boxes anywhere, as well as the bigger things like wild Pokémon on the overworld (and, of course, following Pokémon!)

But honestly, I was always going to buy any game on Switch anyway, I can't wait to play Pokémon on a big screen!

My real worry is that next year's game will scrap all of the improvements made this year in favour of a more "hardcore" experience, which would just feel really outdated after the relative flexibility of Let's Go.

I'm not sure if these games are my cup of tea due to how it's more geared toward newbies (not that it's a bad thing), but at the very least I'm 100% going to get the soundtrack once/if it comes out on iTunes since I haven't heard the Kanto themes being this good since Pokémon Reorchestrated

I have to agree that I'm more worried about Gen 8 since I'm not sure if it'll either go extremely hardcore or add all of the hand-holding and capture mechanics form Let's Go. Ever since Gen 5, the one thing you can count on with Pokémon anymore is that they're often unpredictable & you don't know what direction they'll take next.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't mean to be bandwagon here, but after USUM (which in my opinion were very good games in their own right, I absolutely LOVED the USUM post game - and they were both just really enjoyable, because though I liked X and Y, they were far from something that I would replay more than twice.) another Kanto remake gives me two impressions:

1. They're behind on gen 8 development schedules, and are releasing this as more of a supplemental console game.

2. Nintendo is merely testing to see how an actually full scale gen 8 title would fare on a console. (Keep in mind, a main line Pokemon game has never seen a release on console - and IMO the switch is the perfect console for it. It possesses the portability of the DS and gameboy, though retains the graphical and practical power of higher end home consoles.

Let alone, I'm still extremely excited for these games. The visuals look pretty good, and I actually like the new encounter system, but capture mechanics drawn from GO strike me as terrible, and to have more, dare I say, casual mechanics implemented for the sake of drawing in a more wide spread audience while betraying long time fans.

Either way, this is extremely smart on Nintendo from a business stand point, and I definitely will buy the game to play with friends, but I am wary of how this will be brought forwards concerning the actual gen 8 games.

@Teapot Sorry but I don't understand. You speak of "improvement". What improvement? It's pretty much obvious now that the games are meant to be played by the very, very young pokemon fans. Nothing wrong with that, I get it, sometimes they appeal to the young, sometimes to the old, that's perfectly reasonable. But do you really think abandoning any kind of mechanic that makes the game """hard""" is an improvement? Do you think not being allowed in gyms without having a supereffective type pokemon against that gym makes the game better? Do you think "Buzzy Buzz" is a good move name? Do you seriously think throwing away wild pokemon fights is a good thing? That's the one thing that defined pokemon, fighting them, getting them low health to capture, it was exciting, it was "Oh sh*t will it survive another hit? Will it faint? Do I try now?" And now it's Pokemon Go 2.0. That's trash, that's not a video game worthy of one of the biggest franchises in the entire world. It's something I'd expect from one of those fake Chinese pokemon games that get released on the Android Appstore each couple of weeks. It's a joke, but it may appeal to children and that's fine.
But please, if I see any of these braindead 50qi mechanics into the main game next year I'm saying bye bye to Pokemon.