• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Latest Anime Happenings in Japan (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Figured people might be interested in this, although chances are they've heard about it elsewhere already. If you haven't, though, you've been warned.

Anyways...
With the ending of the three-part Grand Festival episodes, two major things came about:

A) May lost. Obviously it either went one way or the other, and she took the other. For her first time she did do pretty good, though - top 8 out of quite a few participants. Her final battle against Drew was also very good. He had a Flygon, meaning she was at a disadvantage from the get go, but she still managed to pull off some sweet moves. Unlike Ash's first embarrassing defeat in a big tournament, May lost with style ;)

B) Snourunt evolved! :cry:
Alright, so Glalie isn't so bad... I was hoping for it when Ash first caught Snorunt, too. But after watching the various episodes with Snorunt the little guy grew on me. I think it grew on everyone. How could you not love its cute entrance spin and happy demeanor? Glalie will no doubt rock in battle, but Snorunt will be missed.

And that's it, for now. Feel free to discuss the episodes or the events, ask questions, etc.

did this happen recently in japan? because I heard the gang are in pacificlodge or did this take place in pacificlodge?. It sounds to me that the pokemon hoeen episodes are getting close to finishing but then again maybe their not. I want to know the update on which new pokemon the gang has caught recentlly so the first one you gave us was snorunt are there any others?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
They were in Pacificlog but then they left for the Grand Festival (aka. the big Contest tourney). Since I'm not sure which Pokemon you do and don't know of, I'll just write out their current teams:

Ash
Pikachu
Grovyle
Glalie
Corphish
Swellow
Torkoal

May
Munchlax

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It was a month exactly on Thursday when the Grand Festival Special aired. Fingers crossed that Ash might actually win this time. You never know, it's possible.