• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Last Chance of Hope

Discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/last-chance-of-hope-discussion.20666/

Jade woke up with a sharp pain in the back of his head. He got up from the cold stone ground as he forced his eyes open. Dull colors rushed in and with those came grey clouds, ground, and lights, all with a slight blue hue. Not knowing where he is, he tried to make sense of what happened and where he was. He can't remember what happened before this so it was useless to try to think about it.

He groaned and tried to get up and eventually got up on his feet. When he looked around, he seemed to be on the outskirts of a town of some kind. "Where in the world am I?" He started walking to the town and as he got closer, he could see that it was not busy. There was close to nobody around besides the few that were staring at him from windows. He ignored the tension and instead saw a fountain in the center of the plaza. He felt so thirsty that he just dunked his head in the water and drank straight from it.

He pulled back up his head and felt a lot better, and also didn't feel any pain anymore. He finally looked around properly and noticed like the buildings had the style of a classic mining town. To add to the dullness of the town, the only trees around were just dead with no leaves, although they decorated them with some sort of grey flame. "That's cool and weird..." Still nobody was around that wanted to talk, so he had to ask himself. "Hello? Is anyone around here? I seem lost?"

She felt her head start to hurt suddenly as she placed her hand on her head flinching in pain. "Ow.....my head...why does it hurt like this....."she asked herself before she sat up looking around seeing Shadow laying down next to her as she quickly but gently shook him. "Shadow? Shadow! Wake up!"she called.

He mouned in pain as his head hurt also as he sat up opening his eyes seeing his sister. "Ow....JC...where are we?"he asked looking around noticing they were in some sort of strange place as his hand rested on his head.

She was confused just like her brother as she also looked around. "I'm just as confused as you are....but I don't know the reason why my head hurts but I'm pretty sure you have the same pain" she said to him.

He stood up using the wall to stand up before helping his sister up. He looked around again before he felt his sisters hands grab his arm as he looked to her as he felt her tension. "Calm down sis, we will find out where we are and why we are here"he reassured her before leading the way. He looked at his surroundings careful holding his sisters hand before he came upon a fountain. "Sis look, a fountain"he said glancing to her.

She saw the fountain before she pulled her hair up in a ponytail appearing long. She slowly made her way to it before cupping some water in her hand drinking some as the pain in her head subsided. She saw Shadow do the same before he looked up at her. "The pain went away. Strange?"he said before he noticed somebody in the distance. "Sis look? Somebody is also here"

She looked and saw an unfamiliar male looking lost. "Should we ask him Shadow?"she said looking back at him. She saw Shadow walk past her to the male as she followed behind.

He walked up to him before he spoke. "Hey, are you lost bro?"he asked. "My sister and I are in the same situation so I was wondering if you knew where we were?".

He turned around to see two other people approach him. "Oh hey! Yeah, I have no idea what is going on, I just woke up around here with a headache and some serious amnesia... I don't know why but I feel like this isn't on Earth. Everyone around here is gone and there is almost nobody around that would be willing to talk." He was confused but still calm. He went into a thinking pose. "We seem to be in some sort of mining town, I have seen a lot of equipment so that might give us a hint on where we are."

Almost as if on que, a man walked up near them and looked surprised. "Well, that is quite interesting... You must be the messiahs!" Jade looked at the old man in confusion. "I don't know what your talking about..." The man nodded. "The legends depicted the messiahs to be like that. According to the legends, messiahs all appear randomly in a time of crisis, but they never remember anything from their past, like how they got here." Jade looked at the man in curiosity. "What legend, how do you know this?" The man nodded in a understanding "Well... one hundred years ago, a messiah with the name of Gilbert came to us to stop the Coldex from consuming the entire land. This Coldex randomly appeared in our area and started to spread like some sort of physical infection, a black glue of sorts that goes after us and tries to consume us. Luckly, Gilbert came along and saved us at the last minute by giving up his life in trade for the protection of the people. This land is used as a jail for the Coldex, as it is now kept confined in a abandoned quarry. Overtime, it has been breaking free of this agreement and plans to attack again, so you being here is probably not a good sign."

Jade frowned as he realized the weight of the peoples situation. "Well I had no idea about this, I don't really know if I have the power to stop it." The old man looked around at all of them. "Well with at least three of you, it should not be that difficult, hopefully..." Jade was at a loss for words as he didn't know how to respond to the situation.

She saw the old man approach as Shadow was on guard of her. After hearing what he had to say she snapped a bit with irritation. "What do you mean us being here is not a good sign and what are these Messiah you are talking about!? We three are human beings! Explain yourself! I don't have time for games!"she asked sternly but felt a hand on her shoulder as she shifted her eyes being Shadow.

He looked to her sister before speaking. "Calm down sis, its best to not say the wrong words but that doesn't mean I disagree with you. If you could explain to us as to why we are here then it would make this situation a lot easier. It would be wise to not test my sisters or my patients and I am pretty sure this young man next me would what the same answers as us. Wouldn't you agree?"he said looking to him before to the old man in front of them as he could see JC fold her arms against her chest closing her eyes huffing.-

The old man laughed. "I knew this wouldn't be easy... messiahs in a summed up way are people sent from another world to save another world. If your asking how I know a massiah from a human, its from your appearance. You have features from animals from your world, probably your spirit animal." He looked at the girl and sighed. "Look, I know this is hard to believe, but the sooner you save us, the faster you can go home. I am sorry, but this is just how it is." Jade looked over at the girl and knew that he should at least try to comfort her until she understands. "I think this is a little unfair too, but there must be a reason that we were sent here rather than anyone else. But if what he says is ture, that means we just have to do a few things and we can go back to whatever life we had before this on Earth." He paused for a moment and realized he also remembered what Earth looked like. "We have a home and probably a family to go back to, but it seems like you two at least have each other."

Jade looked back at the old man with a look of concern. "But you said the Coldex was held back only due to a sacrafice, does that mean one of us will have to sacrafice ourselves too?" The old man thought for a bit. "Well Gilbert did say that he had a vision or something from a god that told him the best way to save us, and that's how he did it. I don't know if you have gotten that message yet but maybe you have to unlock something before you can get the message." Jade tried to process this all, but it took him a while to do so. He looked over at the others. "What do you guys think?"

She looked to him after she opened her eyes as she sighed loudly before placing her hand on her head. "I suppose I'll have to deal with it but fine....if what you say is true that we have spirit animals inside of us then you have to prove it to us. I'm not the type of girl to just accept things without knowing if its true or not! If you can prove that then I will cooperate since I'm just that stubborn!" She advised.

He had looked at him then his sister. "Like my sister said, we have no choice but to deal with it but what my sister says is true. We need prove that we have this spirit animal inside of us if you want my sister and I to coroperate with you."he said as his voice appeared more calm then his sisters at the moment. "If that choice is the only way to get back to earth, our home planet then we must follow through with it" he added looking to him. "You don't have to go on your own like this bro, you can always rely on us if you need it. I'm pretty sure my sister won't mind either no matter how stubborn she really is" he chuckled at the last words he said looking at her.

She looked at him huffing but sighed giving a slight chuckle. "Geez, bro....I can't stay stern when you say stuff like that...but its true I don't mind it. If your having trouble with something then don't hesitate to ask us for help ok..."she gave just a gentle smile for the moment before it faded looking back at the old man. "So tell us, do you plan to have us stand here all day and I hate to admit, clueless or are you going to offer us somewhere to settle and talk about things!"she asked stern.-

The cloudless, grey sky hung over like a bad omen; motionless above the empty town it seemed to inhabit. The path was unpaved, but clearly used; as Karl's light foot connected with a pebble, the small stone was sent tumbling across the barren path until landing in a patch of dead grass. With his make-shift soccer ball now lost among the yellow weeds, Karl is forced to look up at the dull town ahead of him. It seemed so lifeless; clearly it wasn't, but even the heads that peered out their windows seemed sad and dead. A shiver was sent spiraling down Karl's spine as a voices echoed through the small grey buildings. The town wasn't exactly large, in fact he could easily locate the source of the noise- but part of him didn't want to. In this town of zombies, was there a lone survivor like Karl... or was there a soon-to-be enemies luring the young male in? Perhaps a reasonable person would stop to think about the options for just a little bit longer, but Karl was scared- and that fear only helped drive him towards his possible death.
Curiosity glistened in Karl's round, yellow gaze as he slowly started towards the sound. Eventually, Karl traded his slow stroll for the much more efficient travel method of flying. He was surprisingly well off as far as his flight. It came to him just as easy as walking did, despite him knowing nothing of himself or his past. Pushing off with his legs, Karl's wings caught him in the air and launched the young man up and above the building's tops. Gentle flaps were near silent as Karl made his way towards what the male assumed was some sort of plaza or town square. A small group could be made out on the stony floor below the other people looked sort of... weird. They weren't quite human, and certainly didn't look as gloomy as everyone else in the town. Folding his wings, Karl began descending towards the strangers; doing just a bit of extra work to make sure his landing came in style. Twisting himself like a missile through the air, Karl accelerated towards the ground until he suddenly made an unfortunate realization. What he had originally thought were leaves were actually deep grey flames, which Karl was spiraling towards. Of course, Karl's speed made him invulnerable to the burn; but the male didn't know that as he quickly lurched his body sideways, avoiding the trees and effectively ruining his pride as he crashed onto the floor and slid a few inches. With a groan, Karl rubbed his shoulder which had taken most the impact and he muttered a curse under his breath as if the last few events were by no fault of his own. "You have whiskers?" Karl's eyes grew wide as he looked up at the one male and slowly came to his feet. "Ears!" Karl gasped at the other pair. Were these kids messiahs, too? After waking up randomly, Karl had found himself in the strange man. His friendly nature earned the young male answers pretty quickly. Though the people around him didnt know much, he found out about the coldex and messiahs. A grin graced the male's features, but he couldn't find any words.

"Well isn't that just tropical." a huffed sounded from the murky waters just offshore. Jojo was pretty sure that she had died already, but this place was pretty low quality considering what she had heard about heaven. Besides, her aquatic respiratory abilities wouldn't have allowed the girl to drown. Still, the island that painted the scene ahead of her made Jojo wonder how far she'd have to swim if she just turned around and left the poor place to it's own misery. "I'm not usually one to complain. But this place has unfortunate written on it's walls." Jojo muttered to herself as she pulled her small body out of the water. Never the less, Jojo was assigned a task- one which she took seriously and in all intent she planned to succeed at her task.
"Sorry to bother-" Jojo began as she balled up her fists and knocked on one of the short, wooden doors of a home. No response was earned. "Sorry to bother!" Jojo yelled this time, the authority booming in her voice. Still, no answer from inside the building. Jojo, turning red with anger in a rather small amount of time, taking a step backwards. Jojo raised her foot and delivered a powerful kick to the door which promptly fell over. Jojo waited for a single moment before awkwardly shuffling towards the door and picking it up. What was she doing? Sure, these people were rude; but JoJo knew it wasn't their fault. She had to keep her head on, get in and get out; that was her mission. While she could exactly put the door back on its hinges, she leaned the wooden platform against the doorway and sighed as she began in the opposite direction. "I'll just... Find my own way around." JoJo huffed as she straightened her back and marched forth.

Amidst a rooftop of a crumbling stone building was a man's vision of pure darkness. This darkness was not due to blindness but of the will of a man who refused to open his eyes. In the beginning, this man named Halycion was trying to think about where he was and where he came from. The first time he allowed his eyelids to reveal the contents of the world he was met with a gloomy and dull shade of grey. The feeling of gray was followed up by the smell (and therefore taste) of passing by and intruding mineral dust. From what he could tell by a few inhales, the dust was not poisonous enough for him to warrant moving so he blocked the abhorrent color of the nauseating grey with the slightly more pleasant tone of pitch black blindness and attempted to curl himself into a deep slumber. Try as he might the pervasive thought of why and where he is would occasionally interrupt the magic spell that would induce into a calm coma. It did not help that ongoing waft of dust, the uncomfortable flat surface of the building that had a slight incline slant to infrastructure, and all of this would be fine if it were not for the noises. Halycion could hear the creaks and groans of far off pieces of stones settling and unsettling into its places. He also heard the peculiar sound of people nearby that echoed the barest words yet still allowed him to comprehend the core of the conversation. Though he attempted to use these words to doze off to, it was the sort of conversation that might as well been made for him. He heard the idea of a 'messiah' and a 'Coldex' and why he was not exactly sure what they meant, he had the awareness to know it was important.

With the realization that he lackluster spot would not allow him to embrace the sweet sensation of unmoving. Halycion arose from lying down. He surmised that he must have been lying there longer than consciousness due to the severity of his lingering head pain. He brushed off his oversized t-shirt and equally oversized robes and peered off the building to find the source of the continuous chatter. It was the sight of an old man followed by four other people who could be considered less than human. With the rooftop being slightly higher than one would desire to jump off of Halycion had the strange urge to yawn. So he did. It was both a forced yawn yet the kind that came out naturally, as his mouth stretched open, soft vapors of white condensed clouds appeared and floated to the side of the rooftop as though it were an extra platform. Testing if the platform idea was true, Halycion carefully stepped his pigeon-like feet (Which he noted about himself but strangely did not find unusual) on to the cloud. and slowly descended. With a bit of the tilt toward the others, the clouds gained a bit speed and its descent also increased pace. It was not long before he was right next to the peculiar ensemble and once the cloud touched the ground, it faded out of existence.

The man known as Halycion was not sure how to introduce himself or even if it was needed so the first words to come out of his mouth was "Why is this place so ugly?" The question was in the tone of someone completely disoriented yet still found the ability to infuse his words with a hint of snark.

The old man looked at the two new messiahs that popped up. "Oh my, there are still more coming? Why? Is there something really wrong?" The old man started to lose his balance before Jade caught him. "Whats wrong? Are you okay?" The old man nodded and tried to rebalance himself. "I don't know, it could be my old age or something bad is impending. Being eighty three in this area really hits you hard."

Jade felt something coming into the area, a lot of something. He turned around to look down one of the plazas to see groups of people walking back into town. The lead of the groups came up to the old man paniced and afraid. "Sir, its not good... the Coldex escaped the quarry about an hour ago and is making its way here at a fast pace. The transport is already taken over and we probably only have a day or two before it reaches us." The old man paused for a bit as people filled the streets carrying wounded or running back to their houses. "I will assume the conditions of the mines are bad. So the worst has finally come..." The man nodded. "I understand Elder, I will tell everyone to prepare for evacuation. And these must he the massiahs, I thank you all for coming but Zone One might be out of luck. I hope you can help us rid of the Coldex again." He runs off and soon disappears.

"I probably have a bit more to explain before I have to go. There are different zones like this one but they are all different from one another. If our place falls, then we are going to move to Zone Two and wait for further orders. The Coldex's goal is to reach Zone Five, so it will take a direct route of destruction down the center of our defences. I know that is a mouth full but you will understand it all later. I need to go now, if you need further answers, go to the library. I wish you all the best of luck." The old man walked away and the messiahs and were all left for themselves. "Just like that, they are gone in a panic? What should we do now?" He knew he was also rushing around things in his head but he was all trying to make sense of it all, no time to think in the present for him.

She couldn't believe that the old man left her and the others to defend for themselves. This pissed her off as she suddenly punished her brother's chest by mistake. "Ow! Sis calm down"he said as she huffed. "I can't believe he left us here to fend for ourselves and with an with amnesia to top it off! What wimps they are!" She said stern as she clenched her fist as when she tried to punch something again something blue but icey came out of her hand freezing the floor. This surprised her as she looked at her hand not realizing she had grew white wolf ears and a tail. "What just....happened?"she asked confused.

He looked at his sister in concern but had a surprised face about her suddenly having white wolf ears and a tail. He had seemed to notice as well that he also suddenly had wolf ears and a tail but in black and coild feel a power of electricity flowing through him. "Sis have a look at yourself"he said using the fountain as a mirror as she looked.

She looked at her reflection in the water seeing the ears and tail as she was surprised at first but remained calm. "So this is what a Messiah is? Half human half animal"she said seeing that her brother was the same animal as her but black ears instead of white. She knew for a fact that she had to figure this out on her own with the others to get to zone two but she needed to know more about this "Codex". She sighed placing her hand on her head running her hand through her bang before resting it on her hip. "Since we all don't know where we are or what this place is, we have no choice but to the library and find our answers on our own. We can do introductions once we are in the library but I know for a fact that my brother and I can't do this on our own so I'm asking if you guys can help us out here since we all have amnesia"she asked arms folded against her chest as her tail moved slightly with irritation.

He had to agree with his sister on this one. They both had no clue on what to do but what had concerned him more was this toxic air which wasn't good for her lungs as she had severe asthma that leads to her disease being Tuberculosis. "I'm afraid my sister is right here, we need to move quickly and out of this toxic air. It's dangerous for her lungs so I don't want her ingesting it by mistake. So if you guys what to follow and help us then you may." He said before starting to walk off with his sister as they both seem to have the high sense of smell feature from the wolf so they seem to have caught a scent of where the library was located.-

Karl let out a mutter of disagreement with the older man's actions. "No offense guys, but I think they've got the wrong ideas about how capable we are." Karl said with a nervous chuckle. He sent a concerned glance towards the distant sky... still not quite grasping the concept of what the coldex is. When Karl turned back around, half of his group was already marching away. "Uh-guys? Don't you think we should stick together?" Karl huffed as he ran a nervous hand through his hair. After a moment of pensive decision making, Karl decided to follow the pair of siblings who had taken off. At least they had a plan. "I don't know... I guess we should do some more research. But how much time do we have? I don't want to die, either." Karl spoke out loud, to nobody in particular. He sort of dragged his feet reluctantly, they could've at least given the messiah's instructions or something. Spreading his wings once more, Karl took into the sky; the young male scanned the land. He saw where the citizens were evacuating, and opposite to them was the supposed coldex. "We're so dead." Karl let out a breath of air as he returned to the ground, following behind Shadow and JC until a rustling from the bushes caught his attention.
Cracking and rustling like crazy came from the bushes. The snapping of branches was accompanied by the sound of leaves brushing together, Karl froze in place. As the sounds grew louder and more frequent, in became clear that something was coming for the group. "How impetuous!" a figure flung itself out of the bushes, sticks still tangled in her curly hair. "I know it's stressful. I know it's dangerous. Take a moment to calm down or we're not gonna be able to do what we were sent here for." Jojo panted as she brushed herself off and counted the number of messiahs before her. "This place is gone. Period!" Jojo yelled, "It's alright though. We've got a lead if we move now, we can stop it at zone 2." It was unclear how Jojo gained so much information, but she seemed confident in her speaking. "I suggest we move now." Jojo sighed. The female let out a sigh, "We've been given a duty. It's important that we keep our heads on in order to fulfill our duties to the best of our abilities; and help these people." Jojo added. Karl gave the new female an unsure glare, but he didn't say anything.

She found a tall building labeled Library in the front of it. Her brother was beside her as she looked to him before going forward to open the door. She and her brother walked inside seeing how huge it was inside as the ceiling of the build was built pretty high. She had to look up as this height seemed to amaze her. She lowered her head before looking around seeing all the books on shelves, high and low. She started to look around on each side of the shelves looking through the "C" letter column. "Maybe if I look through C then a book about this world may appear here...."she said to herself.

He followed his sister of course to where she was as he had also seemed to look through the "C's" just like she did but was more concerned about his sister's health uses his ears to catch any werid breathing sounds coming from her. Although a male with bird like features seemed to follow them in and an unfamiliar girl sensing frog in her. He flicked his tail slightly as one ear faced his sister and the other at them. "So you followed us?"he asked as his sister did seem to notice but was more focused on finding the book she was looking for.-