• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kirby series: WFTG discussion

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
So, yeah.......this.
Basically it's a roleplay with kirby characters. You basically play as a kirby character with abilities.
Basically here is the plot:The time is after all the current kirby games. OG kirb is somewhere in a different galaxy, destroying some other planets for the sake of strawberry cake or something. Nightmare comes back (How he does I'll figure it out) and revives dark matter, which in turn recreates previous bosses. Sectonia, Star Dream, even void and more. Nightmare plans on not only taking over Popstar, but it's entire galaxy, maybe more.
He attacked other planets around Popstar, eventually sending an army of enemies to popstar, but these aren't regular enemies, no, they're dark matter infused, giving them exponentially more power, some even allowing having more than two abilities. Using these and controlled citizens of the other planets, courtesy of Void, Nightmare was able to get the jump on 'em and destroy any opposition, successfully taking over the planet and it's galaxy.
Fortunately, some beings escaped(How they do is up to you.). The majority fled to Planet shiver star, which was considered the best place to hide due to its large underground...thing. (It's thought to be a lab or a factory. Who knows.) It is the duty of the escaped heros to retake ownership of their galaxy, by any means necessary. The beginning starts a couple minutes before Nightmares attack.

Let me explain the rules

1. Follow all the pokecharms rules.
2. Your character does not have to be a puffball. They can be any character from the series, barring bosses. If you choose another character instead of a puffball, you do not have to have their respective ability. (If you're having trouble thinking of canon abilities try this List of Copy Abilities | Kirby Wiki | Fandom)

3. Every character is born with an ability, which can be chosen from all the abilities from the game.The ability is not limited to the moves in the games. The user can make their own kind of attacks. If you want, your character can have a extra ability, but it will be hidden, they cannot unlock it unless they get enough experience and training.They can only have two abilities, so choose wisely. When they get the ability, they can fuse it with their birth ability, though this does not make a completely new ability. It has to relate with the two.(For example, Fire and water could create steam, and the user can still use both fire and water)Puffball abilities have their respective hats, which appear when willed by the user or if they use their abilities. If the character does is not a puffball, try adding something that relates to in on their design. (Like fire simirror having flaming gloves.)

4. Fanmade abilities are ok, but must be run by me for affirmation. They can't be broken or be two abilities in one. They have to have a hat design. This can be explained in the bio, put it in a spoiler if it's really long. Also, fusion abilities from KSA between two characters are possible, but are are temporary. Unless the two abilities come from one character. (For example, a fire ability from a friend can use its power to combine it with a cutter/ninja user to make a Sizzle ninja/sizzle cutter, which will stay for a time. But if one has a fire/cutter combo, they'll be a sizzle cutter forever.)

Banned abilities include
Copy(Guess why)
Throw/backdrop (It's basically just suplex)
Freeze/Burning (Just ice and fire, respectively)
Jet (Can only be had with metal and wing)
Missile (Can only be had with bomb and wing)
Paint(Basically artist)
Super smash bros.(Just....no)
Ghost (It's going to be broken)
Cupid(Archer/wing)
Ball/Balloon(Pointless)

Wow, there's a lot of wing combos huh?

5. I'm just going to say the OG kirby was a different kind of kirby. Especially considering he was made by nightmare (I have a long theory about this, but this is not the place). So the normal puffball does have access to a warp star, but they require training to summon and use it. They do not have a pocket dimension in their stomach, and are unable to SUCC like OGKirby. They just have a big stomach which can hold large objects for a while, but they do have limited space. The average puffball does not immediately have an understanding of their ability. They need to train it to get stronger and to use it effectively. All puffalls can tuck in their limbs to roll, although it takes a bit to get used to controlling and motion sickness. They can also puff up their body for flight, but they need to train to expand their bodies with their intake of air, and it it is a fairly slow way to fly.

6. You can design your characters anyway you want. Scars, clothing, even hair. If you want to place a drawing of your character, you can, but you still have to put the rest of the bio. You can have a maximum of 3 characters.

5. If you have a question, ask away! I'll probably left a lot open so I would like to make the rules more solid.

Name:
Ability:
Hidden ability(Optional):
Personality:
Backstory(Optional):

My Character
Name: Animed Malicus
Appearance: A fluorescent blue kirby with scarlet red blush stickers and feet. He wears the normal animal hat, except the fur is messy and black. He has dark brown eyes. He wear red goggles over the animal hat eyes and a yellow scarf.
Ability:Animal
Hidden ability: Doctor (He is unaware of this, but it's somewhat noticeable. He heals faster than normal puffballs, and his fangs, claws, and fur have a medicinal property.)
Personality: Animed acts like a dog, basically. He's annoyingly friendly and ready to help anyone.He's goofy and loves a good laugh, so he likes to crack jokes often, though his sarcasm is noticeable when he is annoyed. He also has a wild side, due to living in the wild before, which shows when he is in battle or just angry, which is a hard thing to make him feel . He hates the cold, which is luckily avoided due to his ability's fur coat. A huge glutton.

Last edited:

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Quick question: are we allowed more than one OC?

Name: Leafy
Appearance: A dark green Kirby with the Cutter hat.
Ability: Cutter
Hidden ability(Optional): Sword, when combined, Leafy can throw daggers that return.
Personality: Leafy can be socially awkward at times, however is usually an extrovert. She tends to worry too much and is sensitive.
Backstory(Optional): N/A

Name: Kuchee (Chee)
Appearance: A navy blue Kirby with purple feet. Has the ninja hat on.
Ability: Ninja
Hidden ability(Optional): Poison. When combined his daggers can poison foe
Personality: Chee is incredibly cocky, often making fun of people that aren't of the same standard as him. He can be a bit toxic at times. He is quite speedy, able to make a quick getaway if needed.

Scamper the yamper

Previously Pokemonwolf667
Can I join??

Name:Melenia (pronounce: mel-en-ee-uh)
Appearance: (I'll show you, cuz I'm lazy, wears a cat headband, headband is purple)
Ability: Animal (if doubles are accepted but if not I'll edit)
Hidden ability: spark
Personality: Melenia is kind, cheering, can be rude at sometimes, but a nice friend. She is powerful from being taught by herself and the wild
Backstory(Optional): Melenia grew up in the wild by herself
caring for herself (with the wild helping her), she learned how to talk to animals.

How's that?? I have bad digi-art...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200328-003146.png
    Screenshot_20200328-003146.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Name: Sly
Appearance: A light red puffball with a bandana on its forehead
Ability: Fighter
Hidden ability(Optional): high jump (self explanatory
Personality: he loves to he with people and loves making everyone surpass their limits with a love for fighting.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Name: Flurry
Appearance: White puffball with blue eyes, the crown associated with the Plasma ability
Ability: Plasma
Hidden ability(Optional): Suplex
Personality: Sweet but psycho. Think Toga Himiko. Super sweet, but is there too much sugar? Has a mean streak, but tends not to notice the pain she caused others. Loves to fight... well, anything. Cute, sweet, nice, bright, and bubbly... with a very unsettling psychotic dark side.
Backstory(Optional): N/A

Well, for the final boss, as long as it is a circle with blobs on it.
Maybe it could be a remix of Star Allies? The plot could be similar; corrupt heart things take over random bosses like Dedede. Or Dedede could steal the Kirbys' cake, cuz that apparently makes sense. Maybe, it could be like Squeak Squad. Mainly its because that's my favourite game.

Also I made pixel art of Chee because I can.
pixil-frame-0.png

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ah yes, the greatest reason for genocide: Food
I'll keep it in mind, but I'd like to see what the others think too. We've got enough people, so when we come to an agreement(I might make a poll) I'll start the Rp

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Name: Waddle Dee, however he prefers Bandana.
Appearance: A regular Waddle Dee, however is more reddish than normal, with a navy blue bandana and a spear on his back.
Ability: Spear
Hidden ability(Optional): Parasol. Combined gives him a Splash Spear.
Personality: Bandana is loyal to his friends, and courageous and caring. However, he can also be naive sometimes.

Not sure on the plot. Star Allies or Planet Robobot seems easiest.
Backstory(Optional): Bandana has no relation to the actual Bandana Dee, he's just got inspired by him and got a bandana to wear.

Story wise, it might be most easiet to do Star Allies.

Name: Webbsy (B)
Appearance: (I sorta based her off a Galbo but also a Como and now she's a mess) Yes, there are 8 legs.
pixil-frame-0 (1).png
Ability: Spider
Hidden ability(Optional): Whip. Basically becomes spider woman. (Can hold the webs like whips to attack foe or grab objects).
Personality: Kind to everyone, and loves cooking. She is the opposite to prey. When Webbsy spots something or one that she could eat, she takes the opportunity and stops at nothing to get them.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Made pixel art of my char. Because reasons.
my-kirby-oc-pixilart.gif

Oh, yeah. Accidentally made it a gif, so the left arm is screwed up.

EDIT: I just purposely made it a gif, and honestly, I'm happy with the result:
pixil-gif-drawing.gif

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
So should the plot be about some kind of armageddon, with immense action? Or some kind of slice of life thing(Like maybe a school?) with some action(I'll still put in a bad guy, or something). Or something completely different?

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
So should the plot be about some kind of armageddon, with immense action? Or some kind of slice of life thing(Like maybe a school?) with some action(I'll still put in a bad guy, or something). Or something completely different?
I'd rather it be an armageddon with action topped by character development.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Okay,So! Here's what I'm thinking: The time is after all the current kirby games. OG kirb is somewhere in a different galaxy, destroying some other planets for the sake of strawberry cake or something. Nightmare comes back (How he does I'll figure it out) and revives dark matter, which in turn recreates previous bosses. Sectonia, Star Dream, even void and more. Nightmare plans on not only taking over Popstar, but it's entire galaxy, maybe more.
He attacked other planets around Popstar, eventually sending an army of enemies to popstar, but these aren't regular enemies, no, they're dark matter infused, giving them exponentially more power, some even allowing having more than two abilities. Using these and controlled citizens of the other planets, courtesy of Void, Nightmare was able to get the jump on 'em and destroy any opposition, successfully taking over the planet and it's galaxy.
Fortunately, some beings escaped(How they do is up to you.). The majority fled to Planet shiver star, which was considered the best place to hide due to its large underground...thing. (It's thought to be a lab or a factory. Who knows.) It is the duty of the escaped heros to retake ownership of their galaxy, by any means necessary. The beginning starts a couple minutes before Nightmares attack.

...Sooooo?

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Just a general concept. I know I want to use a puffball (or whatever the Kirby species is called... Kirbs? Puffballs?), but I'm having trouble selecting a design and ability.

I tend to go a bit overboard when writing for fandom RPs so it may just be my own perfectionism. xD

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Literally no one knows what Kirby's species is called. It's never been confirmed, like his gender. People just call them puffballs or kirbies generally.

Oh, and just so ya'll know about the setting in popstar. Thanks to previous villain susie's technological prowess, Popstar has advanced into a city with all kinds of gizmos. It's basically a giant city in the middle of the planet.
Main Locations(So you can decide where your char was): Susie's Lab (Robobots from the games are made in the lab, and more. Unfortunately, Robobot building is something her dad is more knowledgeable in, so the building process takes a long time. As such, Robobots are only given to popstars equivalent of a police force.They work similar to the usual, linking with the rider and copying their power with their equivalent. The hidden ability is ignored, though)
Kirby park: A big natural park with a large kirby statue in the middle.
City square: A place with a lot of hubbub, due to the large number of stores there.
Star school: A school across the street from Susie's Lab. Mostly focuses on training young puffballs the basics of abilities. Has an advanced course where some can learn about Hidden abilities.