• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Kini's New and Improved Sprite Thread (because the old one died)

Hello everyone! :D I have epically improved in sprite-making, and I'd like to remake this thread.

Delifetchd.png
This was trying to help someone out on iScribble. Their original idea, the sprite made by me. It's also my most recent piece that I am very proud of.

Larvaeon.png
The bug Eeveelution, Larvaeon. I kinda got lazy on this and forgot to edit the eyes and mouth and whatnot. You get this Eeveelution by leveling it up in any forest while holding a Razor Horn (deals more damage for any Horn move and Poison moves). It's the only Eeveelution to be two types.

Oceanneon.png
The OTHER Water Eeveelution, and I need a new name. So far it's Oceanneon but that's to similar to Oceannon. Suggestions are always nice ^ ^

Woofloon.png
A very basic but wonderful sprite in my opinion, made of simply a Wooper and Drifloon, a Woofloon. Some recoloring and deletion required for this.

PokemonContestRemakes4.png
This is for a contest I was in. For that round we could only use legendaries. In there I have Rotom (base and colors), Raikou (tail and mouth-guard), Deoxys (DNA arm), Rayquaza (claw arm) and Celebi (antenna and wings). I won that round because everyone else had either broken a rule or broken the amount of time to finish it.

PokemonContestRemakes3.png
This was also part of the contest. We were each assigned a special region, and I got Hoenn. No one was assigned Kanto so we were all allowed to use Kanto. I made Gulpin and Duskull (mostly recoloring, almost looks like original) and Gulpin and Clefairy (again, mostly recoloring). I didn't win that round.

PokemonContestRemakes.png
My first entry for the contest, I don't even remember what the rules were. I didn't win this.

Wailcash.png
Just some random sprite I did. It's pretty epic if you ask me xP

PokemonContestRemakes2.png
Again, for the contest. We were allowed to use only Kanto starters and legends at first, but since all the legends were broken sprites, we were allowed to use Johto starters and legends too. I didn't win this round.

BunearyCherubiKrabbyPolitoedSprites.png
Just a small group of my sprites. Two Buneary/Cherubi ones (I dunno why, I just think they go together xP) and a Krabby/Politoed. RUN FROM THE CLAWED FROG!!!

Any suggestions are accepted.

Yeah, I'm fairly proud of the Krabtoed too. xP The Eeveelutions look much better on paper (but for some reason I got rid of the drawings yesterday...) Oh well.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The alternate water Eeveelution is actually rather nice, if a bit plain. 'Larvaeon' is kind of... I dunno. Painting a weedle green and sticking a catface on it doesn't exactly make it an eeveelution, y'know? xD

Most of the others are varying degrees of meh to the point of WROOOOOOONG, although, I must say that the Wailord/Whiscash thing is the best damn thing I've seen all day And I would totally nominate it for usage when 'charms suffers from server deaths due to too many users.

Here is some fanart, just for you.

Failwhale.png

Too many twits trying to access the site! Try again later... or earlier.

Yeah, I got pretty lazy on Larvaeon. It was much different on paper but I'm not too good at scratch-spriting xP I'm glad Wailcash made your day, as that art made my week. xDD It's as good as the Arceus piccy :D

Everyone likes the Wailcash. xP Also, I got some devamps and revamps for you. Yes, that means YOU. *points to a stalker in a window behind you*

PokemonRevamps1.png
Blastoise was a pain in the ass to do.... But it turned out well. :D
PokemonRevamps2.png
Kakuna is the only DECENT sprite in that game...

Your revamps are good, but charizard's body has no shading O_O
Same with Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pidgey Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Pidgeotto.

The Psyduck shading is wonderful =D

The charmeleon one is wonderfu as well ^^

Look at Caterpie, all snuggled up in the corner...
These revamps are great, especially the Dugtrio and Blastoise.
Despite the large number of pokemon, I bet Wailcash could take them all on XD.

C

Celadon

I like the Wailcash a lot, too. It looks so cute!

I like the water Eeveelution, too. The shading is quite nice, and the sprite looks cute in general. I also liked the base colour you chose for it!

Lastly in the devamps and revamps, as Shado pointed out, a few of them (Charizard and Pikachu mainly) require a bit of shading.

Other than that, I like how you did the shading on Parasect's mushroom! =D

Your revamps are good, but charizard's body has no shading O_O
Same with Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pidgey Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Pidgeotto.
I tried. xDD They do have shading, just not very diverse color.

[quote author=Toastie link=topic=6608.msg115585#msg115585 date=1248899032]
These revamps are great, especially the Dugtrio and Blastoise.
Despite the large number of pokemon, I bet Wailcash could take them all on XD.
[/quote] Dugtrio looks too cute for my liking, but overall it is good. Thanks =3 Wailcash could pwn Dugtrio any time. >:3

[quote author=Celadon link=topic=6608.msg115653#msg115653 date=1248959666]
I like the Wailcash a lot, too. It looks so cute!
[/quote]

How is it cute? O_o Either way, thanks. xD

[quote author=Celadon link=topic=6608.msg115653#msg115653 date=1248959666] I like the water Eeveelution, too. The shading is quite nice, and the sprite looks cute in general. I also liked the base colour you chose for it![/quote] Thanks. ^ ^ I used Mantine and Espeon to make it, as you may have guessed (the tail xD). I like dark blue, too. :3

[quote author=Celadon link=topic=6608.msg115653#msg115653 date=1248959666] Lastly in the devamps and revamps, as Shado pointed out, a few of them (Charizard and Pikachu mainly) require a bit of shading.

Other than that, I like how you did the shading on Parasect's mushroom! =D [/quote] Yeah, overall, the Gold/Silver Parasect sprite is good, except for the coloring xD Charizard and Pikachu have shades, but the colors are so similar it's hard to tell D: I'll edit in the morning. -3-

Woohoo, trainers. *sarcasm*

PlusleandMinunCosplayers.png
Plusle and Minun~
IdolSchoolGirlMix.png
My first trainer mix, aside from cosplays. Idol/Schoolgirl
EspeonCosplayer.png
Espeon Cosplayer, I like it, aside from the ears.
ManaphyandPhionemixes.png
And two final Manaphy/Phione mixes.

These are great.
The Espeon cosplay is FTW. I bet she has a lot of troble keeping her hair that colour XD.
The Phione/Manaphy ones are good, but the phione one looks a bit tall, which isn't your fault *Kills Nintendo Manaphy Spriters*
The SchoolIdol is good, although the shading on the dress an left sock are slightly strange. Although it was already like that. I take it back!
The Plusle and Minun cosplays are great, although it does a bit of getting used to that their hair isn't part of the suit.
However, Wailcash could defeat them all. Case Closed.

Wailcash can eat ANYTHING. Kthx. Yes, the Phione-looking Manaphy is a bit tall. *shrug* But Manaphy is taller than Phione, so, xP. The shading on the dress and shoes are the exact same as the original sprite. Go figure. :|

Going back to your first post, I think that Raikou/Rotom/Deoxys/Rayquaza/Celebi is wonderful. A great mixture of colours.
I did some Wailcash fanart. Sooooo now you have to lol
Wailcash.png

If it's to big, then ask me to resize it.

Wailcash is the best, hands down. It could beat anything! Stel, the fan art was funny too. XD Anyways, yeah, the Charizard doesn't have much of a color difference for the shading. At first, I thought that the hair of the twins was actually part of the costume. Then I looked closer at them after Toastie pointed it out. In summary: Wailcash. FTW.

Yeah, I'm redoing my revamps to actually change the shading and edit some colors a bit more. Toastie, that is a bit too large, but it is epic xD

Oh, look, it's the Stardust Dragon!

StardustDragon.png
I already messaged this to KoL about a week or so ago.

Nice job, Kini ^^

No matter how much I look at your thread, the Fail whale/Whailcash is still my favorite xD

They both look better.
Although, Bulbasaur's 'Bud' seems a bit to light.
But, in contrast, Ivysaur's bud has wonderful shading.

I agree with Toastie. :3
But I think the shading everywhere's real good. I just can't resist the need to hug that little Bulbasaur ... so cute. X3

Thanks ^w^ The bud probably seems a bit light because in the Diamond sprites, there is more of the final shade than anything. Also, Jen, I think everyone feels that way :p