• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kingdom Hearts: Call of the Keyblade Discussion (Remake)

This is a private RP discussion thread for only myself and Sarah316. No one else is allowed to post or ask to join. Last thread got off the rails (Got too ambitious with how many characters I wanted decided before hand) and am trying again with this.

Alright, setting is end of Kingdom Hearts 2, the gang is on the beach of Destiny Islands. Characters to this point are: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald & Goofy.

Basically they are celebrating Sora & Riku making it back from their defeat of Xemnas and everything is all sunshine and rainbows. Idea is this, there are two kinds of characters. A story character and a support character. If you RP as a story character (Sora) you also get control of support characters associated with them (Donald & Goofy, Sora's travel companions). I figured for now I would control Sora, along with Donald & Goofy, and you can have Riku and Kairi (Two story characters). If any character is unspecified about their role, ask me and I'll make it clear.

Anyway, the plot will be the group rests for a night (No bottle...yet) as the OC antagonist (I'll provide info for later) will begin his plan and give Keyblades to several people. Then you and I each can make a protagonist OC as well as other support characters if you want. Just remember, they suddenly get a Keyblade and it is NOT a part of their backstory. Any questions?

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Okay, I get the idea (I think). The character selection is also fair, at the moment, though what happens when we enter a new setting? Do we just introduce the character we want to RP as when that happens? Also I assume we are to specify the OC we make as this "story" or "support" characters in the bio?

At the moment, my thinking is I'll introduce all the characters when it is time for them to appear, then we can debate which ones we want in this thread. Then whatever we decide we control them from then on out. Fair to you? Also, yes I'd like that clarification for the OC bios.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sounds fair. So, gonna start the RP and do a "go with the flow" kind of story? Do we post our OC bios now?

I'll post the RP Thread a little later (Close to dinner where I am) for now just start thinking of your personal OC and other OCs. After I set up the main plot (Meaning after I post the OC Antagonist Bio in the RP Discussion Thread and set up his "plan" in the RP Thread then we can post our characters bios). For now here's a reminder of what characters we have.

Godjacob's Story Characters
Sora, King Mickey, Apollo

Godjacob's Support Characters
Donald & Goofy (Sora), Gilgamesh (Apollo)

Sarah316's Story Characters
Riku, Kairi, Lingering Will/Terra

Sarah316's Support Characters

Yes I also am going to post which of the story characters the support characters are associated with. Just to avoid confusion. Hope this makes sense to you.

Last edited:
Man, forgot King Mickey was there at the end of Kingdom Hearts II along with Donald and Goofy. How badly do you want him? Cause I also want him.

Spoiler alert, Ansem is NOT gone. Neither is Xemnas...or pretty much anyone else for that matter.

Will reply when I can, doing some stuff back home.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I understand. I do have a question. Just to see if I get this whole story vs. support characters system, would Ansem be a support character for Riku? I assume you'll still have him inside Riku and acting as a dark influence towards him. Just asking.

And Sora has a mom! Now Sora isn't a complete jerk...maybe. Minor characters like Sora's mother (As cruel as the sounds) I won't even bother to list. If that minor character is associated with a story or support character you control, then you RP as that minor character.

To answer your question, when Ansem comes up he'll be a support character for Riku. However, not all characters stuck inside other characters will be support characters (Roxas, inside Sora for example, will be a story character).

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ah, that was nice. Thanks for the clarification, though I wonder does that make Xion and Namine support characters? Just asking how you view this.

Also, how long is this little opening before the actual story starts? Not trying to rush but I'm just curious what the plan is.

Xion I see as a Story Character. Namine I see as a Support Character for either Kairi or Roxas (Haven't decided yet).

As for the current plot, I plan to have Sora's mother offer the group dinner as well as spending the night at Sora's place. Then we'll skip over to the introduction of the OC antagonist. Then I'll put his Bio and my OC protagonist bio in my next discussion post. Then you post the bio of your OC protagonist. Then we'll each post and introduction post to our OCs before cutting back and forth from the Sora/Riku/Kairi plot and the OC plot until they converge. I'll explain the details as we go along. Hope this helps.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Namine would totally be a support character for Kairi. She's her Nobody after all, that kinda of outweights her being Roxas' possible love interest (For the record, who are you going to pair Roxas with :)).

I get the main idea. Looking forward to it.

Alright. I'm gonna go work on my next post, which will kick the main plot into gear. Once I post it and then post my OC bios you can reply with your OC bios. Then we can get the story rolling. Wish me luck!

Surprise Gilgamesh! As if the Kingdom Hearts canon wasn't confusing enough, now I've added parallel dimensions. I'm a madman! All kidding aside this took FOREVER and I hope it works enough for the story. If you have any questions please ask me.

Anyway time to introduce the OCs! Here's the template:

Name:
Home World:
Keyblade:
Fighting Style:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:

Alright, OC #1 (The villain)

Name: Apollo (A false alias, real name unknown...for now)
Home World: Unknown (Somewhere in a different dimension)
Keyblade: True Light's Flight
Fighting Style: Fights with a defensive, counter based style. Never initiates the offensive and exploits any mistake made by the opponent. Specializes in Air and Light based magic. Uses Air magic for levitation as well as to push himself away from his opponents and push his opponents away from him. Uses Light magic for energy blasts and generation of constructs. Much like a Green Lantern ring.
Appearance: A teenage boy that wheres a white jacket & blue jeans. Wears a white fox mask that obstructs his face, only his short, yet spiky black hair visible when not covered with his jacket's hoodie.
Personality: A rather charismatic individual who has a talent for convincing others to do what he wishes. This is helped but a genuine belief in his cause as well as treating his followers like a family. Harbors a strong conviction towards the light and a grudge against the darkness. Optimizes the idea of the ends justify the means as he's prepared to do whatever it takes to win this Keyblade War he believes is a guarantee.
Backstory: A mysterious individual who teamed up with Gilgamesh, the inter-dimensional warrior, to invader the Kingdom Hearts dimension from his own. Details of Apollo's upbringing are unknown, even to his closest allies. Apollo is, by his own admission, a "savior with no name" who believes a second Keyblade War is inevitable and as such decided to create an army to combat the forces of darkness. After indicating what he referred to as "The Great Awakening" he travels from world to world to find these young Keyblade Wielders and recruit them. Apollo looks to wipe away any and all darkness from all worlds and anyone who stands against him.

And now for OC #2 (Protagonist)

Name: Devin
Age: 16 (I assume this is Sora's age by Kingdom Hearts 2)
Home World: Traverse Town
Keyblade: Twilight Blaze
Fighting Style: Devin loves a flashy offensive with stylish combos mixed with a touch of improvisation. Devin loves to use the environment to his advantage and can't help but trash talk, a tactic used to throw an opponent off their game.
Appearance: Black spiky hair with black eyes and dark skin. Wears white T-shirt with a green, unzipped jacket and black cargo pants. Also has a golden locket with a picture of his little sister around his neck. Naturally favors the use of Fire magic and uses it to make flashy explosions as well as set his own weapon ablaze for a close range flame sword.
Personality: A showman by heart, Devin is a natural entertainer who loves a good time and always finds something positive in any situation. Keeps his personal insecurities and concerns to himself, not wanting his image of an all loving showman to be seen by others. Has a cocky streak and loves to make sarcastic quips.
Backstory: Devin grew up in Traverse Town, his family helping lost individuals from destroyed worlds settle and make new lives for themselves. Devin began to act as a performer for the residents, wanting to put a smile on people's faces. However, his own smile faded when his younger sister Riley went missing during a violent storm. Now Devin desires to travel the worlds to find his sister and bring the family back together.

Remember one thing, your OC will only have just recieved the Keyblade. So don't make it a part of your character's background. Also regardless of what Keychain you give it you start with the standard Kingdom Key. Outside of that go crazy.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Okay, that was pretty good. I'll have my character bio either tonight or tomorrow morning (Around 11:15 P.M. where I am). After that do you want me to post my RP character introduction post or wait for you?

Also another question, are you gonna RP as Gilgamesh or can I? Just asking. Anyway if I don't respond tonight see you tomorrow!

Last edited:
Originally, I was gonna say post your intro post after you've submitted your bio. However, there is another couple parts to the Keyblade Graveyard intro I want to post first. It involves Lingering Will trying to stop the pair, but he'll fail and they'll escape.

And no, you can's have Gilgamesh. He's a support character to my villain OC Apollo. Sorry about that. However I will give you Lingering Will/Terra as a story character. Hope that makes it up to you. So once we've finished the short exchange between Lingering Will and Gilgamesh/Apollo we then can post our intros for our personal OCs. Then I'll inform you where the story goes next and we can debate about that later. Anyway I wish you luck and look forward to what you come up with.

Alright I updated the character chart post. Now you have Lingering Will/Terra and I have my OC Apollo and Gilgamesh.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Name: Serena
Home World: Twilight Town
Keyblade: Diamond Dust
Fighting Style: Serena is a master at dodging. She doesn't have much of a fighter's instinct, but she can and will try to avoid any blow her enemy gives out. Fights off endurance, waiting for the enemy to tire before going on the offensive. If the enemy has greater stamina, she'll simple look for counter strikes. Specializes in Ice-based magic. Uses it mainly to create Ice paths to move around on (Either make-shift skating areas or that flying technique Iceman uses). Along with icicle projectiles and general freeze beams.
Appearance: Snow white hair with blue eyes and freckles. Wears a golden tank top with matching skirt and black tennis shoes. Also wears a golden necklace with emerald stone at the center.
Personality: Kind and soft spoken, lacking confidence in her own abilities. Always tries to encourage others and has a strong belief in them, but by contrast has almost no belief in herself. Loves animals andnature and everything in it and has a strong dislike towards bullies or those who pick on the weak.
Backstory: Serena is the daughter of a flower shop owner and helps run the place. Mother died giving birth to her, giving Serena the belief she's a burden to others. Has seen quite a bit in Twilight Town, including some exploits of Roxas. Has a desire to travel the worlds and see what lies beyond the comfort of her home.

Alright, my bio is here. Since your character is in Traverse Town I'll just have Serena go there when you make your post. I'll respond with a Lingering Will post so we can wrap that up and move onto the OCs. Hope you like it!

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sorry for the super late reply. Site also acting up after I posted in RP Thread so I couldn't reply here till later. Anyway have a good day.

That's fine. Anyway just have Lingering Will move back and plan our next move. Then I can have Apollo/Gilgamesh escape and we can move onto the next part: Nightmares. Basically this involves Roxas, Namine and Xion confronting Sora and Kairi in their dreams. After than we can do the OC posts and go on from there. Sound good to you?

Also there's a Digimon RP I'm a part of. We need 10 people and already have 3. If you'd like to join post character bio ASAP. Here is the thread if you are interested: https://pokecharms.com/threads/digimon-worlds-collide.16515/#post-450400

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sounds like a plan. Can we also include Ansem giving Riku a visit? Don't want him left out. Will reply to thread later.

Also I posted my character bio, thread looked interesting, waiting for confirmation.