• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed King of the Fist

For character bio's and OOC discussion go here. https://pokecharms.com/threads/king-of-the-fist.19267/
"This is Lilly Harmano with the Genzo News network." A Female reporter with long blonde hair and a French accent said. "Coming to you from Narishima Island where the fifth King of the Fist tournament is to be held. With me is Lee Genzo winner of the last tournament and grandson of the Genzo corporations CEO." She said as the camera man focused on the thirty year old Asian male. He had short black and stood a foot taller than Lily. He was wearing a business suit. He gave the camera a somewhat cold smile. " So Mr. Genzo what do you think of the other thirty one participants."

Lee smiled at the camera before talking. " Thank you Lilly." He said. " I've seen their preliminary matches and picked out a few that could give me a run for my money." He said. " Literally."

" What do you say to the people who think it isn't fair that the CEO's grandson won the last tournament. When this was a chance for others to get out of their lives." Lily asked.

" If you would look at the reports you would know that i gave my winnings to various charities that helped some of the scrub districts." He said.

"What a load of bullshit." Cullen said as he watched the news. He grasped his left ribs to try and heal an injury he received during his final preliminary match. He let out a breath as he looked out the window to the ever changing landscape from the steam powered train he was on. He let out a breath as he waited patiently for the train to reach it's destination in New San Francisco. From there he and any other competitors will travel by boat to Narishima Island.

He let out a breath as he stood up and walked to the public cart to get some exercise.

Coco was looking out the window of the train, watching the land fly by. Growing up in a Scrub district, being on a train was a new experience for her. Everything seemed to pass by so fast! The pale 19-year old girl took a break from watching the world pass by to stretch and look around the train car. There were quite a few fighters, all from different walks of life. The whole thing was quite exciting. A sour-faced man clutching his ribs walked past Coco's seat, and Coco recognized him. She had seen his last fight, and it was an intense one. His ribs must still be hurting from the blow struck by his opponent. Coco smiled at the man, waving hello.

Yeto had been sitting calmly on the train to the tournament when one of those upstarts from the high-ranking class decided to pick a fight with him. A few words were said, jokes taken, and now stage three, punches thrown. Yeto was sure to be drunk as always, but not as drunk as normal in a fight. He was a master at Drunken Fist, a random and forgoten fighting style. Cheers were called around him for both Yeto and his opponent, but it was all hazy to Yeto. Alcohol does that. His view suddenly changed with a punch to his head. Yeto felt nothing, but blood started to trickle from a cut. "Was that supposed to hurt?" Yeto asked before striking the guy back onto a chair with a hard reverse backhand stroke to the flesh under the chin. His opponent's eyes rolled back reveling the whites of his eyes, showing the sudden power expressed. He had no skill. If this is my competition, this will be easy.

Cullen looked at the girl that was waving he recognized her from one of her fights. He smiled before waving back. The girl seemed to be a couple of years younger than her. " Your Coco right." He said. " I saw your last fight it was interesting." He said.

He looked and saw some slouch fall into a chair. Before turning his attention back to Coco

Coco smiled and nodded. Now that the young man was talking to her, he didn't seem so sour. He seemed pretty tall and relatively well built, but then again muscles and height didn't mean all too much in the martial arts world. The man's style had been an interesting one. His name was... Cullen, right? Coco pointed to the man then gave him a thumbs up, her message clear. You did good too.

Powell watched the brief fight between the drunken fighter and the high ranking class member and sighed. It was people like that high ranking class member that didn't exactly make the world a better place. The boxer turned his attention to the drunken fighter. He was using drunken boxing, if Powell wasn't mistaken. He had seen it once before when he had gone undercover to an underground scrub fight club, but Powell was pretty sure this guy was actually drunk. He had to be pretty crazy for that.

Yeto sat down quite hard in a chair next to Powell, as he saw the man watching his fight. "Not crazy, drunk." He said almost reading his mind. Being drunk wasn't just to help his fighting style, it limits how he feels pain. Where most people would get hurt by a face hit, Yeto wouldn't even flinch. "Be glad I didn't use my strong stuff." Yeto called to the looser with a burp before taking a drink of a bottle that expressed a very strong smell. To bystanders, Yeto looked drunk as the dickens, but he probably was thinking clearer than anyone else. He's gotten so used to his brain like this, its normal to him. The drunkard grinned. "You here for the tournament?"

He simply nodded noticing she didn't want to talk. " Well I hope to fight you in the tournament." He said before moving onwards. He went to his cabin and let out a breath before being pushed inside. " What the." He thought before looking and seeing a masked man closed the door and locked it. " Sorry mate." The person said his voice masked. " Nothing personal." He said taking out a knife and running towards him.

Coco waved as Cullen walked away, her smile fading slightly. She guessed he didn't really want to talk. She turned her attention back to the window, thinking. Her opponents this far have been pretty widely ranged in technique, skull level, and appearance. She thought back to a particularly difficult fight she had in the preliminary, against a man wearing a tuxedo. Who wore a tuxedo to a fighting tournament anyway? Coco stretched again, and turned back to see a man in a mask enter one of the cabins. Strange. Coco thought. Had that been a knife on his belt?

Powell looked up and down the train, an amused expression on his face.
"Yeah. I am." Powell said. He took a closer look at the drunkard, then shook his head with a small laugh. The boxer extended a hand to the drunkard. "My name's Powell. What about you?"

Yeto gave a slight nod to the question. "It seems I am. But with how things look around here, this may be an easy win for me." he said with a little wave to the other passengers. Yeto began pointing around the room, landing his two fingers on Powell. "Now you. Ever seen Drunken Fist before?" Yeto asked in genuine question. There were many styles of Drunken Fist, but his was the true style, based on the 7 steps of the Drunken Master, based on the elements. "And before you ask, I did not use it before."

"Actually, yeah. I have." Powell said, leaning back. "It wasn't too long ago, actually. I had the honor of facing a guy in an underground match that used it, but I think it might have been a little different then yours. For one, the guy didn't actually use alcohol. He told me about it after the match, some thing about Chaka or chakra or chi or something."
Powell threw up his hands.
"I dunno. What I do know was he was kinda hard to hit. Pretty good at dodging." Powell said.

Cullen dodged the man's swing before grabbing his arm and using his strength to throw the man against the wall causing a loud bang. The assassin started to punch him hitting Cullen's wounded side He winced before putting his palm outwards and hitting the man's face. Cullen used what strength he had left and kicked the man into the door breaking it as he hit the wall of the train.

The assassin got up before jumping out the window of the opposite cabin.

Yeto decided to leave it at that. Best not explain the style before the battle. But what a shock he will have when I actually fight. Yeto's head jerked as a cabin door broke off and a man jumped from the window. "Eh, someone else's problem. So, tell me, what do you do?" He asked pinning the question like Powell owed it to him as Yeto explained a little about his style.

Coco was making her way towards the cabin that the masked man with the knife had gone into when suddenly, that very man broke through the door. Coco stared at the masked man, confused, when suddenly that same man decided to jump out the window! Coco ran over to the window the man had jumped out of, trying to spot him. The albino girl then turned to see what had hit him through the door. The man, Cullen, that had talked to her before was in the cabin holding his side. Coco went over to his side, her expression one of concern. What had happened? Coco thought.

Powell smiled, looking around the cabin. This drunkard was obviously a Scrub. If Powell told him that he was a proficient chess boxer, the man would probably laugh. What sort of a guy did chess and boxing at the same time? But in truth, Powell was very good at it. It took a lot of focus and mental strength to jump from fighting in the ring to trying to corner your opponent on the chess board. So Powell decided to simply say, "Oh, you know. Boxing. A bit of kickboxing as well."

"The guy tried to kill me." He said as he looked at Coco almost reading the expression on her face. Still she didn't talk he wondered why before just asking her. " Sorry for being a bit personal but are you mute?" He asked before looking back out the window the man jumped out of.

A phone in a dark room ring as if to indicate a text. " Mission failed. atleast two scrubs will be participating." The text read. The man reading the phone growled before putting it down.

Coco nodded in response to Cullen's question. Although she was concerned about the fighter, Coco was also kinda glad that he had figured out she was mute. It's not like she was able to straight up tell him. The albino girl followed Cullen to the window she had just looked out of, and assumed he wasn't able to see the assailant either. Coco held up a finger, then quickly made her way back to where she had been sitting. A few moments later the girl made her way back to Cullen, a small notebook and pen in hand. She took a second to write something in the notebook, then showed it to Cullen.

Why was he trying to kill you? The message read.

He shook his head. "I don't know." He said. "My gang has made enemies but most of those are in my scrub district." He said as he gave her a small smile. "Sorry for leaving. Thought you were just brushing me off."

Yeto shrugged off the fighting styles off. They were all normal compared to some things, a lot of people knew how to counter them. "So the normal stuff." He said while leaning back in his chair. "It works, but its nothing drastically special."

Powell looked away and smiled strangely at the drunkard's response. If only this guy knew...
"Ah, yes. The... 'Normal' stuff." Powell said. His friends had scoffed a little when Powell said he was going to enter the fighting tournament, and had said similar things. And yet, here he was. He had made it through the preliminary rounds, and that was something he could shove in his friend's faces. But Powell didn't really care. He was having a good time in all of his fights, and knew that these next ones were going to be more exciting. And if this drunkard thought he had came to this tournament without a few surprises up his sleeves, then he was sorely mistaken.

Powell turned back to the drunkard, looking him up and down again.
"You know, you never gave me your name." Powell said.

Coco just shrugged in response to Cullen. She was used to people thinking such thibgs, so it wasn't anything really new to her. Thinking of something, the girl began writing in her notebook again. She showed the message to Cullen.

You are in a gang? The message read.

He smiled. " Yes." He said as he pointed to the back of his leather jacket. " I'm apart of he Phoenix gang. We're some of the meanest toughest sons of bitches in our district." He said somewhat jokingly though there was a hint of pride in his voice. "Atleast that's what the media calls us. Truthfully we act as law bringers trying to bring peace to our corrupted district." He said. " So tell me about yourself." He said.

Yeto gave a slight laugh to Powell when the man stated something most wouldn't catch on to. "That I did not, that I did not." He said through a slight grin. "My name is something I learned not to throw to others like mercy, you hold onto it. Names are powerful." Yeto knew this very well, as if someone knew your name, it became alot easier to find you.

Coco raised an eyebrow when Cullen claimed to be a member of a gang of vigilantes. Back in District S, where Coco was from, there were quite a few gangs that claimed to be vigilantes. However, they all were fakes. But the way that Cullen talked about his gang made Coco think that he might be telling the truth. When Cullen asked her to talk about herself, Coco let out a small huff. That wasn't exactly easy, being mute. Coco walked over to a chair inside Cullen's cabin and sat in it, adjusting her notebook. She wrote in it for a few moments, then showed to Cullen.

I'm a Scrub. District S. What do you want to know? The message read.

Powell looked at the drunkard skeptically. The alcohol must be getting to the guy's brain. That was, unless he was some sort of criminal and needed to hide his name. But Powell decided to play along with the man's game.
"Very well. But if your not going to give me your name, what should I call you?" Powell asked.

" Anything." Cullen said as he looked at her. "We are probably going to be spending some time together for this tournament. So I want to get to know you better." He smiled at her. He saw two empty seats. He motioned to them before claiming one of them.

Coco watched Cullen sit down, and raised an eyebrow again. Was 'spending some time together' a euphemism for fights or something? Realizing that Cullen was serious, Coco stayed where she was and wrote another message on her pad. This one took a few moments to write, bit once she was done she showed it to Cullen.

Are you sure that's a good idea? You might have trouble going all out against someone you consider a friend. The message read.

he let out a laugh. He pointed to his bruised ribs. " Joey Patell the man who gave me this injury has been my friend since grad school. Besides I belive there's an old saying the best way to beat an opponent is getting to know them." He said with a smirk." In your case I enjoy your company and I really don't want to be alone if someone else decides to take a swing at me." He said.

Yeto came up with a small joke in his head. He may seem drunk, but he's as clear thinking as a guy looking at a cute chick. "You can call me Yeto. It's an alteration of the word There in Serbian." Most people took that as is, thinking none of the name. Mainly because he did look slightly Serbian, and barely anyone knew Serbian. Heck, he only knew the one word Eto, There. "That's a name."

Coco listened to Cullen, and considered what he was saying for a moment before deciding to sit next to him. She held onto her notebook, but couldn't think of anything to say about herself. Should she tell him her fighting style? No. He had already seen her fight, but 52 Blocks wasn't exactly a common fighting style. He could've easily mistaken it for boxing, or even Muay Thai. She used a bit of Muay Thai already, but Coco had mainly relied on the 52 Blocks on her fights. Finally deciding to write something, Coco showed Cullen her notebook.

Your fight was very interesting. Coco written.

Powell nodded. Yeto. An interesting name. Why choose it as an alibi? Powell didn't know. Maybe the drunkard was from Serbia or spoke Serbian or something. Powell didn't know, and he didn't really care either. He was just glad he had something to call the drunkard now. Powell glanced around the train car, then back to Yeto.
"So. Have you seen any if these guys fight in the prelims?" Powell asked.

He nodded. " It's called the Phoenix fist." He said. " The man who created the gang Paul created it as a way of protecting ourselves since you know guns are prohibited. He said. He rolled the back of his head . " So what was that fighting style you were using." He asked. " Didn't look like pure boxing." He said.

Coco kept a straight face when Cullen asked her about her fighting style. Oh, stupid, stupid, stupid! Of course, if you talk about fighting he'd ask about your fighting style. Coco stared at her notebook, trying to figure out what to write. She wasn't going to tell him about the 52 Blocks. Granted, it wasn't like he could look it up, or find anything substantial if he did. 52 Blocks was passed down by mostly word of mouth. But if someone with more influence saw it her notebook with the words '52 Blocks' written in it, they might be able to find a counter.

Of course, this could just be Coco being a bit paranoid, but she was in it to win it. So Coco decided to put down a half lie.

I also use a bit of Muay Thai. Coco wrote, showing it to Cullen. It was true. Just not the whole truth.

He nodded before getting comfortable. " So what'd District S like?" He asked.

"Attention we are going to arrive in New San Francisco in twenty minutes." The intercom said. " Please make sure to get all your belongings.

Coco sighed, leaning back in her seat, thinking about District S. She perked up a little when she heard that they were approaching San Fransisco. Finally! It felt like this train ride had been going on for long enough. Her stuff was back in her seat, but it wasn't much. Just a single bag with a change of clothes.

Coco thought for a moment more about what to say, then went to writing. She showed Cullen the message moments after she wrote it.
It's rough, and probably one of the more low-end districts. There's quite a few gangs that run amok, and not much outside influence from the business or common wealth.

He nodded while his district was pretty dangerous atleast there were people to stand up. He felt the train coming to a stop. He stood up, " Well I enjoyed this...." He tried to think of an appropriate awnser. " Conversation I hope to see you in the finals." He said as he stretched out his hand towards her.

Coco nodded, getting up and returning his handshake. It was nice to be able to talk to another person, even if her hand was a little sore from writing all the time. Tucking her notebook under her arm, Coco got up and exited the cabin, pausing to look at the broken door. Eh, it would probably be fine. With a bit of a shrug, Coco returned to the seat she was originally sitting in to grab her bag. It wasn't a big bag, a cinch sack with clothes and some sanitary supplies. Sitting back in her seat, Coco looked around the train car at the various people while waiting for the train to reach San Francisco.

He grabbed his small sack as he got out of the train. He looked around at the business distric that New San Francisco was. " Funny seeing how a higher class lives." He thought as he watched as cars moved around. There wasn't a stentch of bad air instead the oxygen was clean. He rubbed his shoulders as he started to head to the docks.

Coco looked out at San Francisco from inside the train. What a sight! It was so much cleaner here, rather than back in District S. Throwing her cinch sack over her back, Coco got off the train and looked around again. As she was looking around, Coco wasn't watching where she was going and accidently bumped into someone. Well, more appropriately bounced off of someone. The woman Coco bumped into wasn't affected at all by the mute's josle.

The woman herself looked quite intimidating. She was tall and lean, and was wearing military fatigues with short blonde hair under a cap. The fatigues definitely fit her, as the woman seemed to exude an aura of military precision. She simply glared at Coco for bumping into her, and Coco looked down at the ground refusing to make eye contact. She had to get to the docks.

When he made it to the docs he handed the guard his ticket. The guard moved to the left and he walked in. He decided to lean on the rails of the boat as to get a good look at the competition.

The first thing he saw was a limo pulling up to the docs. A man with short blonde hair stepped out of the Limo and was immediately assaulted by many cameras. Cullen deducted that the man must've been famous. The man smiled for the camera handing some other people pictures with his name on it.

Cullen simply shook his head as the man walked up the ramp. He gave Cullen no glance as he moved forward. The next person he saw almost made him sick. The man looked ferral. His skin had a shade of green to it. His hair was orange. He walked up the ramp on all fours. '
The fuck happened to that man." Cullen thought before turning his attention to the rest of the competitors. He kept his eyes peeled to see if he could find Coco anywhere.

Coco began to make her way towards the docks, moving quickly in hopes of losing the military woman. Unfortunately, the military woman was walking the same direction as Coco, making things feel extremely awkward for Coco. The military woman didn't seem to notice. The longer they walked together, the more awkward it seemed to get. Coco could feel a bit of blush coming to her cheeks. Man, if she could talk Coco would just to somehow lighten the pressure.

Coco and the military woman walked side by side until they finally made it to the dock. Right after they entered, the military woman walked over to another soldier. The two exchanged snappy salutes before the soldier handed the woman a briefcase. Glad to finally get away from the military woman, Coco made her way to the ship and showed the guard her ticket. With a grunt the man moved to the side, and Coco boarded the ship. There were already a few contestants on board, and some looked quite interesting.

Cullen saw Coco and gently waved to her before watching other contestants walk in. He was going to be up against some weird opponnets. He rolled his head as he tried to get his bearings.

" Boko interested in you." A rough barley English voice said. Cullen turned his head to see the green skinned person looking at him then at the people. " Boko saw your match on those moving images." He said. " Boko thinks you have funny fighting style."

Cullen nodded unsure how to speak to this Boko person. He moved to the left a little bit only for Boko to fallow.

The famous man whistled when he saw Coco. " Looking good sweet thang." He said as he walked beside her. " Names David Cage but I bet you already know that." He said acting like everyone knew who he was.

Coco shifted uncomfortably when the David approached her. The name and face seemed a little familiar, but Coco couldn't remember where she had seen the man. The mute looked away, holding onto her arm and tried to pick up the pace a little. She didn't really like the way this guy talked. Oh no, was she still blushing from the weird run-in with the army lady? Now it looked like she was blushing at this guy!

Powell showed his ticket on to the guard, then boarded the ship. Here he was, on his way to the finals! How exciting! The boxer was about to head in and check his cabin when he noticed a familiar face.
"Well, well! If it isn't Sergeant Johann!" Powell said, walking over to the blonde woman in the military fatigues that Coco had bumped into earlier. Her cold blue eyes studied Powell for a moment before going back to survey the rest of the contestants.

"It's Lieutenant now, actually." The woman said. Her voice was quiet, and seemed to have a deadly undertone with it. "It's been a while, Powell. You look well."

Last edited:
" Have you ever been on TV before because you have the looks that kill." David said with a smirk. He smiled as he saw the blush on her face. " I bet you never seen an actor before." He said.

Cullen saw the man messing with coco and walked over to them. " Hey Coco." He said putting his arms around her and kissing her cheek. " play along." He whispered.

Coco flinched when a man put his arms around her. Thinking it was the guy that claimed her was an actor, Coco got ready to break his arms. Fortunately, she realized it was not David Cage but Cullen, although it still didn't make her feel much better. She barely knew anything about the guy! And know he wanted her playing along as his... Girlfriend or something?! What could she do, she couldn't even talk! Instead, Coco kinda just stood there uncomfortably. She didn't need Cullen's help! Her blush seemed to get even worse when Cullen kissed her cheek.

"Thank you. You're not looking half bad yourself! Is that prosthetic leg and arm still working out for you?" Powell asked. Lt. Johann nodded. If one looked closely, they could see that the woman's left hand was actually metal, robotic.