• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Killer 7

Hey kids? Know how you love playing GTA? Yeah, I'm sure your mommys and daddys don't care what you play, huh? Completed The Punisher yet? Good stuff. What about Area 51? Nice. Say, don't you just love playing Halo 2 on Live, screaming at everyone with your whiny, prepubescent voices? Well, I've got something especially for you.

Fuck off.

That's right, this ain't a game for the Meowth Queens of the world. The little red 18 cert has never meant so much. This is a game for grown ups. It's dark. It's mature. It's incredibly bizarre, and has a twisting, convulted plot to boot.

"See, I told you, this is real."

Thing is, even if you aren't a whiny 12-year-old, there's no guarantee you'll still like it. Hell, 40% of the people I've asked don't. Well, they just don't "get" it. Have patience, and you shall be rewarded. There's never been a game like this, and there probably never will be again.

So here's the deal. You'll never know whether or not this is your kind of game just by looking at screenshots, videos or reviews. So my proposition is that everyone of the legal age should play this game at least once. I'm not saying you'll like it, but you have to at least try it. Like I said, it's the only game of it's kind around. So take the chance while it's still around.

And yes, I realise the irony of me harping about it being mature when I'm only 17.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I've considered buying Killer 7, but considering how little attention i've been paying to console games at all recently I don't think it's worth my cash.

Also, It seems a bit too arty-farty for me. Different = Good, yes, but it seems like the game is 99% Artsy-crap and 1% Gameplay.

*Goes back to waiting for GTA: Stories from Liberty City*

^^