• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ken Sugimori Wants Gen VII to go back to its Red/Blue/Green roots

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but I've been looking at several news articles about Sugimori's statement of wanting thenext pokémon games to be more simplified and return to their RBG roots:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/07/pokemon-art-director-wants-to-return-to-simpler-roots
Personally, I'm a little torn on this because, while I wouldn't mind for the pokémon designs to be a little more simpler, simplifying the games in general might be going a little too far at this point. While X & Y are awesome so far, at times I'm a little frustrated at how the game is at times (especially with the reconfiguring of the EXP share mechanics since I don't like having my pokémon too overpowered when battling gym leaders)

Though if Sugimori does try to push this at Game Freak, I feel that we can expect the theme/motif for Gen VII to be the balance between simplicity & complexity