• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Keldeo Event Ends, Genesect Event Begins

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
keldeo-and-genesect-artwork.png

This is the season for Pokémon event distributions. With one set to end later today in North America, another will be making its debut tomorrow - the same day Pokémon Black 2 or Pokémon White 2 officially hit North American stores. Shocking coincidence, eh?

Read More

Last edited by a moderator:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I find it interesting how they aren't releasing the Pokemon in Pokedex order like they did with Gen IV, but whatever. Tomorrow is going to be a good day regardless! ♥

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
In Japan they did, but squeezing three events into one year here is pretty tough. I'd assume Meloetta will make a WiFi appearance when the dub reaches the relevant episodes.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
In Japan they did, but squeezing three events into one year here is pretty tough. I'd assume Meloetta will make a WiFi appearance when the dub reaches the relevant episodes.

Apparently the dub series is actually very close to reaching Best Wishes season 2 now, so unless it goes on hiatus we'll be seeing Meloetta in the show before the Genesect event distribution ends.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Not necessarily their own fault. Many of us might not have the means or ability to pick up B2W2 in the first month of release: anyone who doesn't live in the US, UK, or bits of Europe, for example, or anyone who can't afford to just drop the £30/$40 for one of the games right away. Genesect is an attempt to get people to buy the games at launch or near it, but it does exclude people who, for whatever reason, can't pick up the games within the next month.

I consider myself very lucky to be able to pre-order the game, and as a "hardcore gamer" I consider it more important to help people out with the event distributions than to say it's anyone's own fault for being unable to get them.