• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Karasuwho? || A Haikyuu!! RP

[signups: https://pokecharms.com/threads/karasuwho-a-haikyuu-rp-discussion.18202/ ]

The infinite sound of sneakers squeaking against the marble floor, whistles blaring, high fives, and volleyballs being smacked filled the air of the gym. Sweat dripped from the foreheads of dozens teenagers as they ran through drill after drill; two figures standing to the side of it all with clipboards. One was a very tall, dark haired male, and the other was his sister - a similarly looking female, just a bit shorter than he was. Both adorned glasses, and rapidly jotted down notes on to their clipboards at the speed of light without even looking down once - examining each of the teenagers within the three volleyball courts. These were the future figureheads of the Volleyball club. The girl would be the team Manager, and her brother the Coach.

Inside of the large gymnasium, three large volleyball nets stood separated. Along each court were groups of 10 students supervised by more individuals with clock-timers and notepads. The kids high schoolers were organized and practiced a plethora of drills - sets, sprints, receives, jumps, spikes, serves, and much more. As soon as a group was finished with a certain order of skills, they would be randomized and moved along to the next.

These were the Karasuno High volleyball club tryouts. Due to the school's recent spike in financial success and popularity, many more students enrolled, and many more showed interest in the sports clubs. Just a handful of years ago, the academy would struggle to even get a full-membered volleyball team up and running, but now around 35 students were present, only 10 to be accepted, working their butts off just to catch the attention of the evaluators and coaches and land themselves a spot on the team - which would soon begin traveling and playing multiple games and hopefully end up competing on the national level against other top high school teams.

Amidst all of this chaos, there was a group located nearest the large double doors of the gym, where the two future coaches stood, intently staring and examining each and every student. There was a mock-play going on; three players stood on one side of the night and three stood on the other. There was a young male who had performed a sharp and crisp serve of the spherical ball to the other side of the net. A girl had received it, using her wrist to reflect the ball to a nearby boy - who had stiffened both palms upwards to set the ball high in the air. Suddenly, in a flash of faint yellow hair, a young boy had zoomed across the court, leaping upwards and meeting the volleyball eye-to-eye in mid air. The ashy blonde flashed a bright smile, revealing to be the 15 year old 2nd Year, Shiro Miyamaki. He had waited hours for this very moment, the moment to show what he's got for all of the spectating eyes. Finally, his right palm came to impact the ball, causing it to project downwards at a fast pace towards the opposite side of the net.

It was glorious...for about 3 seconds. Just when Shiro had thought the volleyball was about to slam into the scrimmage opponent's side of the court, a random girl had dove in from the side - her thin hand managing to refute the ball's contact with the ground and launch it back into the air. Shiro had just landed back on the ground when the practice opposers had managed to successfully rally the ball back to his team's side, and eventually scoring the point - well, if it were an actual game.

The hazel eyed teen regrettably sighed, wiping the sweat form his brows. He had attempted a successful hit four times in a row, and even though he triumphantly hit the ball every time, he had only managed to score one mock point. However, something differed this time than the previous three.

"Nicely done." All six of the students heard come from the short, dark haired girl. She released the words quickly and quietly without referring to anyone in particular, leaving the students to simply wonder in a few quiet moments before being ordered to move on to the next court.

The end of the tryouts were nearing, and Shiro had no idea if he was relieved or not - completely unsure as to how confident in his performance he should feel. He released another sigh as he walked, glancing around at the other students who he was technically competing against for a spot in the club.

Slap.

The satisfying smack from a hand on a ball cracked and echoed on the court. The thud of sneakers on the gymnasium floor squeaked, and the sound of high-fives were heard. An energetic girl by the name of Asuka Kondere hopped up and down, excitedly saying, “Wow, wow! Nice spike!” On her face was a grin, as she held her hands out to be high-fived. The spiker, a tall male, awkwardly thanked the shorter girl, and gently high-fived her back.

Asuka was excitedly standing in the court of Karasuno’s gymnasium, trying out for the school volleyball team. The teenager had been on tons of volleyball teams before, whether at school or an off-season tournament on a team with some friends. But this was a new school to Asuka, though she heard stories from many years ago about a fantastic team of players that were pure talent, which brought her to try out for the team.

Currently, she was in a low stance, arms loosely hung in front. It was her team’s serve, but the short boy that had been serving had unfortunately sent it into the net. Asuka turned around brightly, looking him in the eyes. “That’s alright! You got it next time!” she encourage. He shot a weak smile as he jogged up to the net. Asuka turned back to the net, an oddly focused and quiet glint in her eyes. The opposing team had a girl about to serve, and there was a bratty expression bursting from her.

She threw the ball up, took a few steps, and took a short jump before slapping the ball with her hand flat. Jump float serve, Asuka told herself. Sure enough, the ball wobbled over the net with no spin, and curved the the left quickly. Asuka dashed the the side very swiftly, perfectly receiving the ball and sending it to the setter. The server glared at Asuka as the spiker hit the ball into a clear spot on the court. A whistle was blown, a compliment was said, and everybody cleared off the floor, and six new people went on. Asuka bent down and picked up her waterbottle, taking a quick drink from it before standing up and wandering around.

She noticed a blonde boy looking kind of unconfident. She tilted her head before hustling up to him. “Hi! I saw a few glimpses of your spikes in one of your scrimmages. They looked great!” she said cheerfully. “I hope I get paired up on your team next time.” Smiling, she turned away and watched other teens play against each other for a bit.

The volleyball collided with Ryota's sturdy forearms and bounced onto the polished wooden floor, despite the other team's efforts to receive it. Ryota landed on the ground and smiled, dusting off his hands. "Wow, that was your eighth successful block! That's amazing, Ryota!" His teammates complimented him as Ryota shrugged and grinned sheepishly. "It's nothing much, I guess I'm built for support." He headed to a bench and drank a large gulp of water after wiping his sweaty forehead with a towel.

Last edited:
As Shiro was making his way to the next court, he was caught off guard as he was joined by an energetic girl a bit shorter than himself. The brown haired girl greeted him with a bright smile, mentioning how nicely his spikes a couple minutes prior we're. She seemed just as eager as he was to be here, perhaps even more than himself. She also looked to not be half as tired as he and some of the other students were - she definitely knew was she was doing. But experience was to be expected, all sorts of talented players had come from all kinds of places to be apart of Karasuno's team...he could only imagine who had went on to be apart of the rivaling school's team - Aoba Johsai.

Shiro snapped out of his train of thought. He looked to the mystery girl before him.

"Oh, thank you! I really appreciate that. I'm Shiro, and-"

Before the teen could get anymore of an introduction out, a whistle blowed by one of the evaluators who had approached the group of kids.

"Alright, you, you, you, you, you, and you." He spoke, pointing
towards six people, Shiro and his conversating companion. "Come with me, move it to the court. You three will be on the right, on Serves. The rest of you on the left handle Receives. Go until I stop you."

With another blow of a whistle, the students would jog to their spots, Shiro making his way to the left side of the court. He looked to the girl who he was talking to.

"Well, it seems fate is on our side today."

And before he knew it, a ball had came surging from the other side of the court. It was a long and incredibly quick shot, and Shiro was nearest to the net on the right side. There wasn't a chance of him getting to it, so he snapped his head around just quick enough to spectate a short male slinging himself to the ground, just barely getting the ball back up into the air - however the receive was uncontrolled, causing the ball to go flying out of bounds. Shiro turned to get an examnination of the server, and his jaw dropped at the sight. Who stood at the server's line was a muscular girl, at least 5'11 feet tall - a smirk formed on her face. Definitely a third year.

The evaluator called for a rotation, moving Shiro to the back right. Serving from the opposite side now was a tall male. He threw the ball up, and executed a simple jump serve, but it soared over the net with a speedy prominence. This time the ball began aiming towards the open spot on the court, directly in the center of the three receivers' formation.

(Surely it wouldn't hurt to have Ryota on their team as well? If not, I can change it)

Ryota saw the ball's direction of travel and immediately backed up, calling out, "I got it!" as his forearms collided solidly with the ball, which now soared up into the air, just a few inches forward, enough for one of his teammates to set it. The serving team wasn't all that intimidating to Ryota, and the muscular girl who had served before only seemed arrogant to him.

Last edited:
Asuka found herself in setter’s position after a serve soared over the net and scored right away. “Don’t mind!” she called before rotating to her current spot. She noticed that Shiro was behind her, and she confidently smiled.

The opposers switched and a male performed a swift jump serve, aimed for an empty spot. However, another of Asuka’s teammates managed to receive it and send it upward. ‘This is my set. I want to see Shiro’s spikes up close, so should I set to him? But there’s that other male, I wonder if he’s any good? There’s three of us, so I’ll...’ She whispered mentally. Stepping forward barely, then quickly jogging towards the spinning ball. It reached a close enough range for her to jump and push it up with immense force. It soared very high, inching to Shiro’s line of spiking.

“Shiro!” she called, turning her head quickly to look at him. Her sharp eyes seemed to say, ‘This is yours.’

A scene played out before Shiro in a matter of seconds, and it honestly caught him off guard. Whenever the opposing side effortlessly served once more, he was sure that his side would fail to to receive it. However, he was relieved to witness the third person on his mock-team calmly and firmly bumped it back as if it were nothing. The blonde wished he was that cool under pressure.

He thought the play was over, and that they would all rotate and await the next serve - but in quick fashion, the girl from before had actually kept the ball in play, her petite hands setting it high upwards. After coming into eye contact with the girl, he felt a tingle shoot down his spine. Wasn't this only supposed to be serving and receiving drills? Even though they had already had their turn in mini-matches, there was a surge within Shiro of desire to spring forwards and knock the perfectly set volleyball out of the air and impress the evaluator, who was standing atop of the net's side stairs, witnessing the situation but saying nothing.

Ah, hell with it, this might be my only shot to stand out. He thought, as he dashed forwards.

The faces of the three opposing students changed to looks of confusion, as they obviously werent expecting this change of events either. Suddenly, though, the tall muscular girl's disposition changed back to one of humungous confidence, as she took a wide leap towards the net just as Shiro had sprung into the air.

Once again, Shiro had found himself face to face with the spherical object, that seemed to be begging to be smacked down. The hazel eyed boy was in nearly perfect form as he ascended into the air, his hair shaggily waving through the force. Confidence and reassurance began to well up within him - everything about this moment was set up perfectly. But, before he knew it, the 5'11 she-beast was before him, her arms outstretched. Her eyes seemed to be filled with a message straight from the bloody Lord of the Rings: "You shall not pass."

Shiro panicked, closing his eyes, fearful to witness the spectacle to come. But he kept his form as crisp as possible, and continued to slam his entire palm into the volleyball with as much force and weight as he could muster. The echo rang all within his ears as the ball rammed into both of the girls' muscle-bound forearms. To his surprise, it actually managed to break through the small opening directly in the center between her arms, but the aftermath of the ball being rattled between the girl's arms resulted in it falling recklessly onto the floor of the opponent's side and ricocheting back up in an angle and rolling away into another group's court.

He landed back on to the ground, panting heavily. He wasn't sweating or tired, but the heat of the moment had caused a slight adrenaline rush. He took a few moments to calm himself while looking to the girl who had set him in shock, and eventually whipping his head around to the Evaluator, who blew his whistle.

"What....the hell...was that!? I said DRILLS-" He went on, but was stopped as the Coach and his sister had blown simultaneously blown their whistles - a sound that doubtlessly reached every ear within the gymnasium. The near-shouting Evaluator stopped, and sighed. He released a slow exhale, looking the six students up and down, before scribbling on his note pad. "Dismissed." He uttered, a few moments later.

As all of the kids began to disperse and gather around the sibling coaches, Shiro made his way slowly to the girl on his side. He simply held a blank, shocked, yet excited face - not knowing what to say.

Ryota smiled as he headed over to his two teammates. "Well, that was a rush, wasn't it? I forgot we were just doing drills, but at least that was fun, eh?" He drank a gulp of water and introduced himself. "I'm Ryota. Ryota Yuichi. Pleasure to meet you." He had a warm smile on his face as he waited for the others to introduce themselves as well.

Last edited:
Asuka grinned as the ball was forced from Shiro’s hand, and through the muscley lady’s arms before him. She shot her arm up with a ‘yes!’, and smirked at the 5’11” girl on the opposite side of the court. Her eyes seemed to burn.

When the whistle screeched, Asuka whipped her head to see the spluttering Evaluator, who was angrily trying to scold them. However, when more ear-splitting whistles were blown, he defeated it sighed and dismissed the students. But, Asuka remained on the court, watching as Shiro approached her with a sort of dazed look. She grinned with confidence. “Nice job, Shiro! That spike was awesome,” she said, nodding shortly.

When the other player on her team jogged towards them, she turned her gaze to him. Upon his introduction, Asuka stuck a ‘thumbs up’ out. “Asuka Kondere. You had some great receives.”

A quick laugh emitted from Shiro's lips at the positive energy exuding from the two before him.

"Thank you!...I was only able to do that because of your set though, and your receive as well!" He told the other guy who had introduced himself as Jiro. "I'm Shiro, Miyamaki. Nice to officially meet you both."

Just as he was about to go on more about the events that had just taken place, yet another whistle was blown by an Evaluator. Shiro looked towards where he heard the source, and surely enough it was a nearby adult motioning for the three students to meet up with the crowd of thirty-something kids, who were surrounding the tall dark haired man and his sister. To Shiro, they both looked intimidatingly serious.

"Alright guys, mine as well get in so we don't miss anything." He spoke to Jiro and Asuka. The boy was eager to hear what they had to say, and when results would be coming out.

After meshing into the crowd of sweaty students, he looked to the tall, dark haired man. He seemed to be somewhere in his 20's. After pushing up his glasses, he broke out into a grand smile - completely different than the expression he had on his face the past two hours. He spoke with a joyful tone, leaving Shiro dumbfounded.

"Well, students! Amazing job today! The lot of you tried incredibly hard, and we noticed that. I am Coach Touza Yuki, and this is my sister, Mira Yuki." He explained, gesturing to the shorter girl beside him - who remained with a stone cold expression. "I will be Karasuno High's volleyball club Coach, and Mira here will be the team Manager. I am excited to work with the luckiest, hardest working 10 of you. With the help of our Evaluators, we have examined and scored each of you individually. As you know, the first day of school is tomorrow....those who will be accepted on to the team will receive letters tomorrow during your homeroom class. Thank you for coming out and trying out today and doing your best. Take to the Skies, Karasuno! Dismissed."

After Coach Touza finished his fast-paced speech, the students were dismissed. Shiro could feel the excitement, but also the anxiousness, in the pit of his gut. He turned around to his two current companions.

"Well....thats all there is, guys. We find out tomorrow." The blonde reiterated. "I hope we make it...this is our shot to be apart of the legacy that's been happening here. Our chance to make our mark on the team. We already know most of the third years will be on the team, since they've been here for a while - so that leaves seven spots to be filled by the rest of us." He realized he was rambling, blushing a bit and scratching his head. "I'm sure everything will be alright, though...right?"

Asuka hopped a few times to shake her excitedness. She was slightly smiling as she nodded her head. “With any luck, we’ll all have made it,” she stated while letting her arms fall to her side.

Most of the students were leaving, or grabbing their things to get out of the building. Asuka glanced at both taller males. “I had an awesome time on the same team as you two. I really hope we all make it!” she grinned before giving a short wave and jogging to pick up her water bottle and duffel bag. Asuka slipped off her shoes and knee pads, and threw her tan ‘Karasuno’ sweatshirt over her t-shirt. She didn’t both changing her spandex, and instead slipped on her shoes and quickly made her way out of the building.

As soon as she stepped out, the bratty-seeming girl from earlier briefly stepped in front of her. She sneered, and Asuka softly glared. “You might’ve been able to receive my serve, but you definitely won’t be standing on the court with everyone else,” she hissed, making Asuka study her even more. And intimidating glimpse flickered in her cat-like eyes as she softly laughed. “Whatever happens happens,” she said, unusually calm, with a smile.

With her bag under her arm, she walked past the brat, pushing her by as she walked down the concrete steps and onto the sidewalk.

Ryota nodded and smiled warmly. "Cheers, all." He headed out of the gym and into the locker room. He changed into a basic white tee and black athletic shorts and walked out of the locker room after a few minutes. He saw Asuka heading out of the building and caught up with her, calling out, "Hey, Asuka!" Ryota grinned as he finally caught up, walking alongside her. "I'm also heading home this way. Maybe we could head to our house together?"

Last edited:
Asuka turned her head sharply. “Oh, sure!” she nodded, letting him jog to catch up with her. She started walking again, tightening her ponytail and dropping her hands to her sides.

“What position do you usually play?” she asked, gazing at Jiro as they walked. “You seemed to be a pretty good receiver...” she trailed off, waiting for a reply. ‘Please don’t say Libero... that was selfish, oops,’ she thought to herself, hoping he’d say something like ‘middle blocker’ or ‘wing spiker’ or anything else. She was simply very protective of her usual position, that was all.

Ryota put his hands behind his head casually as the two walked. "I dunno, always thought of myself as a middle blocker. I just prefer being on the more defensive or supportive asset to the team, you know? What about you?" He asked, turning to face Asuka. "What position do you prefer to play?"

Last edited:
‘Phew,’ she mentally sighed. Staring straight ahead, she softly sighed.

“I play Libero. It’s always been the coolest thing to me. Sometimes, I’d play setter if we were in a pinch.” Asuka paused. “‘We’ as in my older teams,” she smiled, gazing at a street sign far in front of her. She abruptly stopped walking. “I’ll see you later. I turn here,” she told Jiro, nudging her head left, where a hilled sidewalk trailed upwards. “I hope you make the team!” Asuka called, already sprinting up the sidewalk. Her sneakers tapped each step, and in a matter of seconds, she was up the hill, softly panting.

On the hill were a few splitting sidewalks, and another smaller hill made from gravel, which she ran up as well. After that, she found herself in front of her house, which was relatively average in size. She smiled before jogging to the door, and heading inside. It was surprisingly silent to anybody who one Asuka, but was perfectly normal for the teen herself. She set her bag down and slipped off her shoes, immediately heading for the shower. Afterwards, she went to studying and eventually went to bed.

Ryota smiled and called out. "Likewise! See you tomorrow!" He turned into a street and saw a line of houses stretching out further than he could see. He ran along the sidewalk and made an abrupt turn a few minutes of running later. He opened the door and sighed, feeling the cool AC system blow against his skin. He headed to the shower and turned on the cold water, showering for about 6 minutes before changing into a sleeveless t-shirt and athletic shorts. He studied and finished up a diagram on mitosis for his biology class and went to sleep after setting his glasses on his nightstand.

Last edited:
Shiro made his way out of the gymnasium shortly after finishing his conversation with his two newfound friends, grabbing his small drawstring backpack after retrieving a water bottle from it. He took long sips of the cool refreshment as he headed out on to the sidewalk. He looked to notice Jiro and Asuka walking home together and smiled. He headed down the opposite end of the sidewalk, his house being located a few minutes the other way.

He was relieved that the day was finally over, knowing that he gave it pretty much everything that he could have - but he still had a nervous anxiousness in his stomach.

After making it home, he greeted his parents and younger sister, and made his way straight into the bathroom. He showered, and prepared for bed, all while thinking of the next day to come. Finally, he managed to drift off to sleep after staring at the dark ceiling while laying in bed.

~*~*~*~

The sun rose, and Shiro glanced at the beaming light that radiated off the sidewalk as he walked to school. He was wearing the uniform of a white, buttoned-up shirt and slacks - that were just a little too loose. The ashy blonde walked quickly and with purpose as he entered the school, making his way through the hallways and into his homeroom. He had just arrived on time, beating the clock by 5 minutes before class began. He took a seat in the second row of desks, looking around for anyone who may walk through that door bearing the news of volleyball results.

Ryota woke with a ferocious yawn, stretching as he heard an audible pop in his back. He brushed his teeth and washed his face, getting ready for the school day. He buttoned up his white dress shirt and put on his slacks, tightening them with a black leather belt. He slipped on a pair of shined black loafers and slung his bag over his shoulder, heading out after grabbing a small apple from the fridge. Eating it as he walked to school, Ryota sighed with satisfaction as he looked around, feeling the cool breeze and the warm rays of the sun. It truly was a nice day outside.

He finished up his apple and threw away the core, cleaning his hands with a paper towel and heading inside the school building. He entered his first period classroom and saw Shiro sitting at the second row. Ryota took a seat next to the blonde and grinned at him. "Hey, Shiro! I'm assuming you haven't gotten the tryout results either?"

Last edited:
Asuka woke up early enough to do a short morning routine. She ate some sort of sugary cereal, showered quickly, and got dressed in the uniform. She didn’t keep the blazer on, but instead only wore the white button-up shirt. She rolled the sleeves up and tucked it in to the skirt, then pulling it out slightly. Slipping on the knee-high black socks, and slung her backpack over her arm and stepped into her shoes.

Heading outside, she ran to school, nearly slipping and tripping multiple times on the way. Her hair bounced around in its ponytail down the hill, getting in her face. When she arrived at the school, she stepped in and jogged up to the stairs to her first class.

Entering the classroom, she tilted her head, scanning for a spot. She noticed Jiro and Shiro sitting near each-other, and have a sort of half-smile to nobody in particular. There wasn’t an empty seat near them however, so she sat in the back near some ‘cool’ students. She set her bag down and fidgeted, praying for somebody with an envelope to hand the paper to her.

Shiro merrily greeted both Jiro as entered the classroom and took a seat beside him. Not long after, Shiro noticed the gleeful shortie, who he now knew as Asuka, entered the class as well. He offered a friendly wave to her as she passed his desk to sit towards the back.

It seemed like an eternity that the students were waiting...for both the teacher to arrive and sports results. It was exactly 8:00 am when Shiro had basically dozed off into a nap - his head slumped on his desk - when an old, but healthy looking old man entered the classroom.

"There you are, Mr. Tsugo!" A girl in the front row chimed.

The man was tall for an elderly man, and held glasses that rested on the ends of his nose. He greeted the class, and took his sweet time doing so. Although talking and moving quite slow, he wasted no time in beginning the lesson for the day. Instantly, Shiro's eyebrows furrowed and he shot a confused glance to both Jiro and Asuka. Wasn't news of volleyball supposed to come already?

The blonde couldnt help but allow disappointment to fall upon his face, and his head sunk on to the desk once more. However, a few minutes into the lecture, a knock came tapping upon the classroom door - followed by two young and jittery students, both a boy and a girl. They each held a small basket full to the brim of envelopes...they must've been on delivery duty for the entire school. Upon entering the room, the two bowed repeatedly.

"A-Apologies, Tsugo-sensei! We were sent by are just here to deliver results from our sporting clubs. W-We were sent by Principle Shinzo."

"Well, go on ahead then." Mr. Tsugo responded.

That was more than enough to grasp the 15-year-old's attention, causing him to sit completely upright in his chair. The two freshmen began making their way around the room, slipping envelopes on the desks of certain students. As the white pieces of papers landed on some of the students' desks, quick shouts of celebration broke out, followed by ripping and opening up the letters inside of them. Shiro attempted to peer over at the few envelopes on some of his classmate's desks, and saw results from almost every sport in the school -- basketball, baseball, and even wrestling. But he couldn't seem to find any related to volleyball.

Finally, the young girl began making her way towards Shiro with an envelope in hand. He found that he had been holding his breathe ever since the two kids entered the room, and felt like he was about to pass out. The whole situation probably wasn't as intense as he felt like it was - but he really didn't want to have to wait an entire new year to try out once more.

Just as Shiro thought the girl was approaching him, she walked right past him, setting the envelope down on Jiro's desk, with his name on it. His face went pale, and his jaw dropped - he simply stared at Jiro's desk, unable to speak a word. Right before Shiro had a chance to spazz out, the girl had dropped one on his own desk as well - the word "Shiro" handwritten across the back. His expression changed in seconds, and he quickly gripped the piece of paper and began constantly thanked the girl. He whipped his head around, seeing that the young boy, whom he had forgotten about, set an envelope down before Asuka as well.

He tore open the cover to see the letter inside, with a stamp of a volleyball on the inside. He began to read the message written in very neat, and elegant handwriting:

Dear Shiro.....Congratulations! We are excited to notify you that you have been accepted into the Karasuno High Volleyball Club! Welcome to the team! You and two other 2nd Years are joining our club. Practice starts today! So be ready and in the gymnasium at 3:30! We're looking forward to seeing you!

Signed,
-Coach Touza
-Mira

The teenager wanted to leap from his seat and begin jolting out a victory dance, but it took ounce of strength within him not to. He looked back and forth between the two of his friends with a giant grin on his face, seeing if they had read their letters or not. He looked around the classroom, seeing some anxious faces as well - and the ones that stood out the most were the other 2nd Years that tried out for the team. He waited to see if they had made it as well, but before he knew it, the kids that were passing out the envelopes were back at the front of the room.

"Thank you for allowing us to interrupt!" And with that, they were gone.

It was hard seeing the disappointment on the faces of his peers who hadn't passed, though he couldn't help but feel excited for him and the success of Jiro and Asuka as well.

Ryota opened the envelope after congratulating Shiro with a grin and a pat on the back. Sure enough, inside was a letter congratulating him on making the volleyball team. Ryota smiled and slipped the letter into his pocket, watching the two delivery kids leave Tsugo-Sensei's room. He turned around in his seat to congratulate Asuka with a thumbs up and wink and turned back around to face the front.

Last edited:
Asuka merrily grinned at her envelope. All she thought about was practice after school. Luckily, she came prepared, with spandex and a loose t-shirt in case she made the team.

Noticing Shiro and Jiro has received envelopes, too, she smiled brightly. She returned a thumbs up at the two when the looked back at her. Her eyes fell back to the paper.

Asuka glanced over at the “delinquent” sitting next to her. He eyed her envelope, and then looked back to his own. Glancing at Asuka, he scoffed. “Volleyball, huh?” he murmured, sort of playfully. Asuka smiled at him before tucking the paper into its casing, and slid it into her backpack. Her eyes shifted to the board, where the lesson was continued, but she hardly paid any attention to what the teacher was speaking.

Last edited:
The day went on, and Shiro's heads were in the clouds for the majority of it. He held his acceptance letter in his hands with a tight grip all day - becoming very jumpy and spastic whenever his friends would tease him about snatching it from him. His first official practice after school was all that he could think about, and would continuously find himself wondering about who had all made it on the team besides Asuka, Jiro, and himself.

After what seemed like an infinite amount of hours, the final school bell rang, releasing the students from their last class. The blonde 2nd year rose from his desk, his duffel bag hanging loosely from his shoulder, and withdrew a deep breathe before exhaling in huge excitement. He sped-walk to the boys bathroom, and changed into gym clothes. He tied the shoelaces on his sneakers tightly before jogging out to the gym.

He crossed the cement walkway, before coming upon the two large double doors of the gymnasium. He panted as he wandered off in thought. Whatever kind of team he had, or future success in volleyball this year, was waiting for him behind those doors. He went to go reach for the knob of one of the doors, however right before he came in contact with it, it was flung open in a swift manner. It caused Shiro to jump in surprise, and how found the person staring back at him to be none other than Coach Touza. The tall, dark haired 23 year old looked upon Shiro with a blank face at first, but a bright smile appeared on his face shortly after.

"Mr. Shiro! Welcome! It's exactly 3:00, you're right on time. I was just about to step outside and welcome the other players." He spoke.

Shiro had no idea how to respond, so he simply smiled and nodded in admiration. He understood he was acting incredibly dramatic over a school sport's practice, but this was like Christmas to him. He peered around Touza's shoulder to see Mira standing idly with a couple of other students who had beat him there. He recognized one of them to be a redhead male whom he had seen around the halls - a 1st year. His stomach dropped at the sight of the next person he glanced to - none other than the tall, muscular girl he had played against in tryouts the day before. She smirked upon seeing him, but also looked fairly surprised. Shiro gulped, as this was going to be one interesting year.

"Lets wait out here for the others to arrive." Mira chimed, stepping outside as well with the others in toe.

Ryota slung his backpack over his shoulder and headed to the gymnasium, pumped for his first day of practice with the Karasuno Volley Ball Team. He opened the door and stepped inside, giving a short wave to Coach Touza and Mira and standing next to Shiro. "Well, I don't know about you, but I'm super psyched," He chuckled to the blonde as he stood next to him. "Asuka isn't here yet, I presume?"

Last edited:
When the final class was dismissed, Asuka dashed out of the classroom and into the girls’ locker room. She tossed her bag aside, stripped from the uniform, and threw on her spandex and a light blue t-shirt with basketball tournament designs on it. she slid her socks on and grabbed her spandex and shoes, running out, only socks on her feet.

On arriving to the gym, she noticed Shiro and Jiro lingering about near each other. She smiled, bouncing over towards them. “Heeello,” she said to both of them happily. She looked around at the few other people already practicing. Seeing a tall, powerful-seeming girl, she tilted her head at her and smiled, waving at her. The tall girl noticed her and waved back, returning the smile.

“She seems nice,” Asuka said to the pair, turning her gaze back on them. “...Should we start warming up? I’m gonna.” She jogged over to where everyone set their water bottles and kneeled down, pulled her knee pads in, the stepping into her shoes. After tying them, she hopped up and quickly walked over to the strong female.

She introduced herself, and the two quickly became friends, and before she knew it, Asuka was setting the ball for her to spike.

"Oh crap, I'm late!" Kozue Tsubasa said as he rushed through the halls of the school. He was late, and today was a horrid day to be late. There was three new players, and he was late! Some Ace huh? Coach was gonna kill him! The tall player jogged ahead, running through the halls. That test took way to long.

The doors slammed open as the boy ran into the gymnasium holding his duffel bag. He tripped over an untied shoelace, only to fall face first on the floor. His arm had slid in front of him, and something caught his eye. His watch. He had misread the time!!! It was 3:04, not 4:04!!! "Ugh, I feel like an idiot," he mumbled, as he stood up wiping the dust off his legs.

"Hahaha, alright, team!" Coach Touza said, giving a glance to the boy who had just made a comedic entrance, "Now that Mr. Tsubasa has joined us, our team is complete! Look around, kiddos, this is Karasuno's Volleyball Club Varsity Team! You will be working with each other for the year - and depending on the bond and trust you gain with each other, we have the potential to be a very successful team this season! Karasuno has grown to win a decent number of league championships over the years, and even though I am a brand new coach, I happen to have been the apprentice of the past leaders of this club! I look forward to seeing what you can all do."

Shiro was overwhelmed with excitement. The skinny teen looked around, surprised at being accepted on to such a team to carry on the torch of past graduates. This had truly been a dream of his. He knew he had to work his butt off, though, because he did lack quite a bit physically. He had to prove that he did have a right to be here, alongside mountain men and muscle women freaks of nature.

With a sudden blow of a whistle, the lanky coach began speaking again and clapping his hand.

"Alright, so that we can all get introduced and familiar with each other, we are going to do some trust-exercise drills! Everyone, split up evenly and line up on each side of the court. Three people at a time step up to the center - one individual on one side, two people on the other! The side with one player will be tossed a ball, and they will shout their full name and deliver the strongest spike they can muster! Then, on the side with two people, one person will also shout out their full name as they receive the spike directly in front of their partner! They will leave, and the process will be repeated. Begin now!"

Asuka smiled excitedly as instructions were given. Unsurprisingly, she was truthfully a bit confused about the entire drill, so upon splitting up, she made sure to not be a beginning volunteer. Instead, she just tried to pay attention to what was supposed to be done. Glancing around, she scanned the small group of volleyball players for Jiro and Shiro, but was almost immediately distracted by the players on the court.