• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Kanye West Dissing Taylor Swift...Cruelty

Okay, I don't know how many of you know this, but at the 2009 MTV Music Video Awards, Taylor Swift won Best Female Video artist or whatever it was called (I wonder if 3OH!3 won best new artist...). She gave her speech when suddenly Kanye West just swipes the mike out of her hand and says to everyone in the audience that Beyonce had the best music video! What a F**king bitch! >:(

Off topic: When Beyonce won Video of the Year, she let Taylor redo her speech, so nice of her!

But anyway, if you ask me, Kanye was a huge piece of fucking shit! Sorry for swearing. I want to hear on what you think.

If you've seen it, this topic is a piece of cake; if you didn't (this happened in the US), click here for the video.

Okay, I don't know how many of you know this, but at the 2009 MTV Music Video Awards, Taylor Swift won Best Female Video artist or whatever it was called (I wonder if 3OH!3 won best new artist...). She gave her speech when suddenly Kanye West just swipes the mike out of her hand and says to everyone in the audience that Beyonce had the best music video! What a F**king bitch! >:(

Off topic: When Beyonce won Video of the Year, she let Taylor redo her speech, so nice of her!

But anyway, if you ask me, Kanye was a huge piece of fucking shit! Sorry for swearing. I want to hear on what you think.

If you've seen it, this topic is a piece of cake; if you didn't (this happened in the US), click here for the video.

no 3oh3 didnt win the best new artest award it was lady ga ga and i think she deserved the award she is AWSOME!

[quote author:pOH!KEMON link=topic=6777.msg119664#msg119664 date=1254015618]

no 3oh3 didnt win the best new artest award it was lady ga ga and i think she deserved the award she is AWSOME!
[/quote]

Thnks for the update, but this was a thought. I need personal opinions on the Kanye dissing Taylor topic.

Yes, Kanye was rude, and shoulda kept it to himself. Personally, I think all of the nominee's shoulda won. I also think that all the Taylor fans overreacted. I mean, even Taylor didn't (excuse my French) bitch about it. I heard that Kanye later apologized to her, after he was on Jay Leno. I heard Taylor say that herself. (Trust me, my cousin plays her country station LOUD) Anyway, the past is in the past now...Here's what I said in short:
Kanye shouldn't have done that, leading to his apology to her personally. Taylor fans overreacted with "I hate Kanye", and West and Swift said "Hakuna Matada" to it.

Yeah, but I heard that some people are so upset, that even an apology from him won't do, that they deleted Kanye's songs off their iPods and never again would buy his songs. A little harsh if you ask me.

Also, Taylor did accept the appology.

Dude, that is harsh. I don't really care for most of Kanye's music, or Taylor's music, but they're both good people in there own ways.(hey, now you can't call me biased). Anyway, it takes a true man to apologize like that. I bet if a regular civilian wouldn't have had the guts(for use of a better word) to apologize for interuptting (spell fail, I know). While it was happening, Taylor did look confused, but not angry. She's a tough cookie.

S

sheesheesh

[quote author=wolflover155166 link=topic=6777.msg119665#msg119665 date=1254016083]
[quote author:pOH!KEMON link=topic=6777.msg119664#msg119664 date=1254015618]

[/quote]

Thnks for the update, but this was a thought. I need personal opinions on the Kanye dissing Taylor topic.
[/quote] Here's an opinion: This news is overrated. Get over it, people.

To Ari: Try telling that to the many f**king Kanye haters!!!

To Mystic: I personaly don't really care about his music now, but I do like Taylor's; but my sister is like a HUGE fan of Taylor, listening to every music. Unlike most of the Kanye haters, I actually quite liked the appollogy ( I know, FAIL! :p), but Taylor must have fekt calm on the inside, which makes her tough.

S

sheesheesh

I actually haven't met any Kanye haters. I dislike the guy, but I always have. I'm anti-pop.

I kinda agree with Ari: It's overrated now....but thankfully, not as overrated as Hannah Montanna! LOL

Well, I've voiced my opinions on this. Anything past this for me is spam, at least until someone else voices their opinions..then its free game.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Now I'm really happy for you, and I'll let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best threads of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Last edited:
It was wrong of him to interrupt a person's speech over something so trivial, he should have waited until she was done then pouncy-American-Football-tackled-in-full-kevlar the host (or robot or whatever) to voice his 'opinion'. This 'news' has become far to much of a circus, I'm guessing only from the Fish Dicks episode of South Park here, but I guess it's because this Kanye guy has an over-the-top I'm AUSOME ideal of himself? There was no reason for Obama to make a comment on it either.

Really all this is just taking up precious bits on my internet that could be filled with cute cats and cake.

tumblr_kqcsbsroeu1qa3i8uo1_500.jpg

Okay, sure, he was a bit of a jerk. But it got us awesome images such as that. :\

Also poor Atlanta D:

XD @ Cody.

Anyway, I'm not Taylor Swift fan by any means as I dislike most country music--especially poppish country music, and I'm a big Kanye West fan. But I do think Kanye was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of line for what he said. I was pretty disappointed in Kanye. But as other people have said, it's over now and time to move on.

And goodness, Mystic Suicune is right. Some of these Taylor Swift fans went way too far. They were even using racial slurs which I personally found more disgusting than what Kanye actually did o.O

They used slurs? I didn't hear any...at least not at my school. Then again, people in my school make fun of that kinda stuff. Not many were mad about it. But the ones that were didn't resort to name-calling and racial slurs.

Slurs? What the hell are you talking about? How can there be slurs in that scene?

Nice pic, Cody! I laughed when I saw it...well, it's better than what he did to Taylor. I would love to see him make fun of this and *coughs* Hannah Montanna! XD

Thanks for clearing that out!

But this continues even though it's already over, which is kinda dumb! It's like a hot topic in the music universe, you know?

Personally I thought it was a ridiculous and completely out of line thing for West to do, the guy probably just did it for the media attention anyway, that and he's got a major ego and seems to think he's some sort of gift to the music world.

To the Kanye haters, well it's not exactly a bad thing getting rid of his music and never buying it, means you don't have to hear it, and he doesn't make any money from it, therefore everybody wins... except for kanye west.... who's a douchebag.

Oh and taylor swift would get it.

Beyonce.... Meh overrated, should have been out of this business a long time ago.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but there were A LOT of overrated people for the VMA's. ANd I'm taking about my favorites, including Beyonce, Gaga, West, and, hell, even Taylor's good but over rated. But that doesn't mean they should be out of the music business.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but there were A LOT of overrated people for the VMA's. ANd I'm taking about my favorites, including Beyonce, Gaga, West, and, hell, even Taylor's good but over rated. But that doesn't mean they should be out of the music business.
Well that is true, but most West haters would disagree to him not going out of business, if they were in this forum anyway (highly doubt that, though...).

I'm not a west hater, and im not a taylor hater, the incident is really all but over but if i can say one thing, it would be west's actions were wrong, but id be lying if i said i didn't agree with him. i felt as though taylor swift got the best female video VMA cause they already knew beyonce was getting best video, and they thought it would be nice to let taylor win one after beyonce got her one-millionth award (not really, but it seems like it).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Fun fact, the only reason I'd -ever- heard of Taylor Swift before this stupid incident was hearing about the fact she will be in Band Hero.

I have no idea who she is, what she does or why anyone would give a damn about Kanye West being his usual dumbass self because of her.

Also, Kanye West is a gay fish.

I remember last night at the CMAs when she won best country music video. I was just like "KANYE WEST PLEASE TELL ME YOU AREN'T HERE!".

I could just imagine that happening twice, it would be hilarious.

excellent! most excellent! unfortunatly the kanyeruption meme has all but dissapeared, i guess its clear most people have either forgotten or no longer care about what happened. Kanye did cancel his "Fame Kills" tour though (with Lady Gaga as the other name on the card) i guess he is either too ashamed to be in public right now... or fears some hardcore Taylor fan is gonna take him out LOL

You know, I hated kanye, before hating him was cool.
Really....I've heard his crap blasted at school dances and people listening to rap way too loud.
It's always "look at me, I can rap very unoriginally and I am famous money get! You better like me, yea!"

Anyway, I thank him for teh lulz.

He has made meme history.

cantletyoudothtkanye.jpg