• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kanto: The New Gym Leaders

Validus saw a silver-haired boy leaving the gym with a pokeball in one hand and a badge in the other. At first he wondered who they were, after all, they did beat the great Lt. Surge, but then he decided he didn't really care enough to bother.Validus entered the Vermillion City Gym with confidence, after all, ground types are immune to electric.
"How many pokemon?" Said Surge.
"5, Go Somnus!" Shouted Validus.
"Go, Voltorb!" Commanded Surge. "I'll show you how thing's are done in the army!"
"Somnus, Mud Shot!" Said Validus Calmly, and with that, the Voltorb fainted.
"Go, Electabuzz!" Said Surge, but it was already out to a mud shot, as was his next pokemon, Magnemite, who was 4x weak to it.
"You can't beat Pikachu!" Shouted Surge.
"I'll switch to Fodiens, just so I can split the XP." Said Validus.
"Pikachu, Quick Attack!" Said the Lieutenant. Fodiens was hit slightly, but it didn't do too much.
"Now, use Water Gun!" The attack one-hit Pikachu.
"Beat him Raichu!" Commanded Surge, but Fodiens had already used a Bulldoze and fainted Raichu.
Then Fodiens started to glow and evolved into a Whiscash! "Yes! Fodiens! Great work!" Said Validus happily after seeing one of his pokemon evolve for the first time.
"Here's your badge," Surge said with a sigh,"I have had so many losses today, I don't know why so many strong trainers have come here today."
Then Validus left the Gym and wandered happily to the pokemon center to heal up and get some food.

Last edited:

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Mickey entered hotel and huried up stairs to show Gary his badge
Mickey knocked on doors number 10
No response
"Did he woke up?" thought Mickey and knocked again

Name:Mickey
Type:Water
Appereance:Black hair,Blue shorts,Blue-White T-Shirt,White cap,Brown eyes
Home town:Slateport City (Hoenn)
(((OOC This is map if anyone want to see it)))
kantomap.png

Gary yawned as he got out of his chair in the foyer, finally getting some sleep. After getting breakfast, he went back to his room to brush his teeth and ran into Mickey. "Hey there, up early I see?"

Validus let his pokemon out on the Vermillion beach to play, and noticed a large black spot of sand on it. It was a Shiny Sandygast. Shiny Sandygast rose out of the sand and tried to eat Validus, but Validus was ready, since it didn't have any camouflage. "Poor guy, it must be so hard for a Sandygast who doesn't blend in. Wanna come with me and get to fight as much as you want?"
"Gaast..." it said.
"That sounds like the most enthusiasm I'll ever get out of you." Validus said, and then he tapped it with a Luxury Ball and it caught. "Your new name is Occultatum."

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Good morning Gary,you slept really long I see"said Mickey and laughed
"Yes,a bit"said Gary and started to laugh too
"I alredy went into Gym and beaten Leader,I think it is your time now.Let's go"

"And did your Poliwag survive a Raichu?" Gary smiled as he asked the question, knowing that a Poliwag stands no chance against a Raichu. Whilst he was waiting for a response, he thought about his upcoming gym battle. Heracross would be a nice choice as it did not mind getting paralyzed.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"My Poliwag litealry crushed Raichu,no jokes" said Mickey
"I am not sure about your Heracross,maybe Hitmonchan would be better"asked Mickey

"Sounds really weird to me, but my dad's Poliwrath once took down a Pidgeot so I guess it can be possible." Gary said to his friend. "Do you have any idea where your future gym will be?"

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"I think that I would like to have Gym in Palet Town,there is reason but I cant tell you. Now go and win that Thunder Badge" said Mickey and put thumb up

Last edited:
"You got it!" Gary walked into the Vermillion City gym and Lt. Surge talked to him. "Another trainer? Why are there this many challengers today? No matter, I will zap you into paralysis!"

The fight was incredibly one-sided. Heracross demolished Voltorb and Pikachu after Pikachu used Thunder Wave on it, activating its Guts ability. Raichu put up more of a fight, getting off a Thunderbolt before a Horn Attack took it down. Gary got his Thunder Badge and the TM for Shock Wave before exiting the gym. "Piece of cake!"

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Mickey waited for Gary to finish and when he saw him coming he went and congradulate him
"Nice,you got badge too ha"
"Yep"
"Did your Heracross beaten Raichu or he got baken?"Mickey asked throught joke

After lunch, Validus walked into the fighting dojo and challenged the blackbelt leader of the dojo. "Destroy him, Somnus!"
"Why would you lead with a pokemon weak to fighting? Go Hitmonlee! High Jump Kick!" Shouted the black belt, as the perfectly timed hit slammed into Somnus, sending into a wall. "Train up some more and battle me again sometime! I always need more XP!" He said, turning around.
"What do you mean? This battle isn't over yet. The reason I sent out Somnus is because I knew he was near evolution!" Yelled Validus as a Piloswine stepped out from the smoke. "Use Icicle Crash, then Freeze-Dry!"
"What!? How!" Shouted the black belt as his Hitmonlee fell to the ground, fainted. "Go Hitmonchan! Use fire punch and then sky uppercut!"
"Dodge and use bulldoze!" Commanded Validus.
"Fine, here, take one of my pokemon as reward." Said the blackbelt as his hitmonchan collapsed from exhaustion.
"No, you can keep them, I only raise ground types, I just wanted some extra training before the real gym." Said Validus.
Then, Validus went back to the PC for some healing, and he got a room at a hotel in Saffron, and then he took a nap.

"Heracross destroyed Lt. Surge, it was too easy." Gary pulled out a Town Map. "Let's see, the next gym would be in Saffron but I am nowhere near that level of power, not to mention that it is a Psychic type gym. Celadon is more my speed. Shall we go there next?"

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"No,I think lets go through Route 6 and hope that ours Pokemons will be near that level to beat Alakazam"said Mickey
"Maybe I will evolve my Magikarp who knows?"

Last edited:

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Yes but if I evolve Magikarp he could learn some dark moves that are effective against Psychic"
"But..."
"All I know that it is worth to try"

Last edited:
Abbey got to Route 12 and walked up to Lavender Town. The town was quite small and had an ominous feeling to it. People still walked around like everything was normal. He looked up at the giant building, the Pokemon Tower. He decided to explore the town a little more and wanted to find a quick place to spend the upcoming night. He found a little motel on the west side of the town. He got a room there and went around to explore the town a little bit more.

Validus woke up from his nap and realized how much he missed being able to sleep on Somnus as a pillow. He got up and fed his pokemon some pokepuffs, then, he went over to the sylph company building and took a tour to see some cool stuff like porygon.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Gary,I got better idea"
"Hm,what is on your mind?"
"We can go to Lavander Town first I heared about some weird things there"

Last edited:
"Sounds good to me, and as much as I despise Zubats, I might go into Rock Tunnel then. I've heard that Machop live there and I would love to have one."

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Then it is Lavander town"said Mickey
"Yes"said Gary
"Okay watch up ghosts here we come"said Mickey
"DDid you said ghosts?"said Gary
"Nop.Lets go"said Mickey

Last edited:

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"I thought about that bt now I will not"said Mickey and made a really big smile

Last edited:

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Yessssss"said Mickey and smiled again

Last edited:
OOC: seemed like the best way to prevent her from being outnumbered. I didn't want her to have 1 kadabra and an alakazam and thats it.

Validus went to the Saffron City Gym, and challenged Sabrina to a triple battle. "Go Occultatum, Oblivione, and Scopulus!"
"Go, my 3 Alakazam!" Sabrina commanded gracefully, "alakazam 1, use shadow ball on the sandygast!"
"Occultatum, use your own shadow ball, and then shadow sneak!" Shouted Validus, KOing Alakazam 1, although with heavy damage on Occultatum.
"Ok, then alakazam 2, use shadow ball on it and finish the job!" Sabrina yelled.
"Occultatum, stay out of the way. Scopulus, block it and use Iron Tail! Oblivione, use take down on alakazam 3!" He said.
"Alakazam 3 and 2, dodge iron tail and go for psychic!" She said.
"Oblivione, take down again!" Commanded Validus, stopping alakazam 3. "Now, Scopulus, shake,off that innefective psychic and go for a gyro ball!" And that defeted Alakazam 2.
"You deserve this badge, take it." Lady Sabrina said.
Then Validus walked back to the pokemon center halfway to his goal.

While eating for the 4th time in the day (he is a very hungry person), he saw a martial artist and a boy in blue clothing, maybe a water trainer, entering the pokecenter. Occultatum immediately exited its ball and tried to eat the water trainer's foot.
"Sorry about that," said Validus, "He just is a little mischievious. What's your name? Mine's Validus."

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"This is very hungry Pokemon you have here I see"said Mickey trying to get off Validus's Pokemon of his leg
"Oh,my name is Mickey-Water Type Pokemon Trainer"

Last edited:
Validus returned Occultatum into its ball. "Why are you in Saffron, and what pokemon do you have? I'm trying to become a ground type gym leader, I already have 4 badges. My pokemon are that mischievious shiny sandygast, rhyhorn, piloswine, steelix, stunfisk, and whiscash."

Last edited:

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Oh,we are going to Lavander Town to see ghosts"said Mickey and smiled
"And my Pokemons are:Marshtomp,Poliwag and damn Magikarp"

"Maybe Ill come to lavender too. And don't put magikarp down, it is really good. Did you know, that since magikarp can jump over mountains, the force it would have coming down would kill any human." Said Validus, laughing. "By the way, if you want any more magikarps, I have about 7 from when I fished for my whiscash!"

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"No,no,no,no one is perfectly enough"Mickey joked
"At least it doesnt need much more to evolve"Mickey braved himself