• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kanto: The New Gym Leaders

"Do you have the Cascade Badge already? If not, you might want to get that before we leave Cerulean." Gary said to Mickey whilst he went to the Pokécenter. "My Tyrogue evolved by the way, just wanted to let you know."

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"That is kinda cool,you have pretty nice Hitmonchan there" said Mickey.
"And yes I beaten Misty.Where you wanna go next in Celadon City or in Lavander Town?"

Name:Mickey
Type:Water
Appereance:Black hair,Blue shorts,Blue-White T-Shirt,White cap,Brown eyes
Home town:Slateport City (Hoenn)

ADMIN EDIT: Remember: only images you have made or were specifically made for you are allowed in the RP forums, a random map of Kanto you found on Google is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Lavender Town requires a tour through Rock Tunnel which is an absolute nightmare with the immense amount of Zubats in there and Celadon is a bit too strong for us, what about Vermillion City? You can get the Thunder Badge there and if you have a Ground/Water type which you can have once your Mudkip evolves, it will be a breeze."

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"My Mudkip already evolved and sure lets go to Vermilion City I think I can beat Raichu 8)8)8)"

(((Look at Mikey's Trainer Card)))

trainercard-Mickey.png

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Maybe someone will join us cause I heard a lot of trainers are now in Kanto trying to become Gym Leaders"said Mikey
"Maybe who will know"answered Gary and they kept going to Vermilion City

Abbey left the hotel at noon as he overslept. He decided to head down Route 5 to Saffron City. He started to walk down route 5 enjoying the nature. The Pidgey were whistling, the breeze flowing nicely after last night's storm. He let out his Breloom to walk with him. They started to hear something in the bushes. "Breloom, stay back. We don't need you getting harmed." He slowly walked toward the bushes as a Nuzleaf flew out of the bushes with tremendous speed, slamming into a tree going unconscious. A Jigglypuff came out of the bushes charging toward the Nuzleaf. "BRELOOM, DO SOMETHING!" Abbey ran and grabbed the Nuzleaf as Breloom used Counter against the Jigglypuff's Play Rough. The Jigglypuff went out cold as Abbey carried the Nuzleaf down to Saffron City.

The rustling streets of the big city caught Abbey off guard as he tried to find a Pokemon Center without getting eyed down by creeps. He managed to find one as he dropped off the Nuzleaf and waited for the doctors to come back. One doctor came out with the Nuzleaf on a rack with it sitting up. "Um miss, he doesn't seem to have any owners, would you mind taking him?"
"Um sure" Abbey replied. "I'll be glad. Hey Nuzleaf! Do you want to come with me?" The Nuzleaf just walked over to him trying not to look amused. "Let's go then"

"Let's see, according to my dad there are Mankey near Vermillion. Maybe you can get another Water type there?" After getting through the Underground Path to Vermillion, they arrived at Route 6 and saw a lot of trainers. "Who will you fight?"

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"I dont know you chose first"said Mickey
"But I am good with this two I dont need more of them"

"Your choice. I am certainly using this opportunity to train my Pokémon. I just need to find a Mankey and I am set." Gary searched through the grass, finding a ton of Pidgeys before finding a Mankey. As it was asleep, one Poké ball was enough to capture it.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"I think I will just beat this two bug catchers and that would be enough"
"Maybe we could go and fish after so i can find some water Pokemons"said Mickey and started to battle Bug Catchers

He easily beaten their two weedles,one caterpie and one butterfree
"My Poliwag is so strong that he could beat Raichu alone"said Mickey when he joined Gary

"You think your Poliwag can take a Thunderbolt and live? I would like to see that happen." Gary said as he was training his Mankey and Heracross, frequently falling back on his Hitmonchan.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"I'll fish now join my if you want"
Than Mickey sat near water grabed his old rod and tried to catch some Pokemons
"Here I havent found no Pokemons"said Mickey when he wanted to go but suddenly caught something on his old rod.
It was Magikarp. Mickey didn't batteled it.He just threw ball and cought it.
"Oh my God what have I done"said Mickey
"I cought Pokemon who only knows Splash"

trainercard-Mickey.png

"Magikarp might be utter garbage now, but Gyarados is no joke. You just need a lot of patience!" Gary said as he fought the last trainer on the route and made sure all of his Pokémon were around the same strength.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Yes,Yes, let's go to hotel night is falling"said Mickey

Abbey started to head down to the Saffron City Gym with the sun shining down on him. He walked up to the entrance of the gym blocked by two men. "You little girly have no right to be here. Leave before you get crushed by Lady Sabrina." stated one of the men.
"I don't care, let me through." exclaimed Abbey
"Fine, don't come crying when you get demolished." stated the other man.
Abbey walked in and confronted Sabrina. "You only have one badge, what are you doing here?" said Sabrina.
"I'm here to win dammit, now face me!"
"As you wish." Sabrina sent out Kadabra and Abbey sent out Nuzleaf. Kadabra used Psychic as Nuzleaf shrugged it off. He then charged straight at the Kadabra using Feint Attack knocking the Kadabra back immensely. Kadabra and Nuzleaf continue to fight as Nuzleaf just shrugged off each move Kadabra through at him. He then finished off Kadabra using Giga Drain. Sabrina then sent out Alakazam. Nuzleaf's fist started to glow as what it seemed to be Abbey making weird gestures with his hand as Nuzleaf gave a massive blow to Alakazam cracking the wall.
Sabrina mearly shrugged off the strength and gave Abbey the Marsh Badge.

Abbey left as it was dark out. "Oh great, we have to find somewhere."

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"I will pay rooms for both of us lets just go to hotel"said Mickey when he and his frend head to hotel
"Two rooms for me and my friend" said Mickey to receptionist
"Here are your keys,your room is 10 and your 14"
"Thank you very much"said Mickey and than he and Gary went to their rooms

"This room sure is better than most rooms I've been in. Now let's inform my parents." Gary called his parents and informed them about his day, his father got very excited to hear that he already had three badges and that Tyrogue evolved.

Brian began to open his eyes and wake up with a yawn, his hair appeared to be messier than before. He went to check the time and widened his eyes lightly. "Damn, I must've really slept like a log there." He said as he got up and did a bit of stretching before he went to the bathroom to get dressed and sort his hair out. On his way out, he picked up his fedora and put it on. He went down to the lobby to wait for Asteria because he didn't feel comfortable with intruding her room in case he accidentally saw what he shouldn't.

May I join? I will skip Pewter and start in cerulean having already gotten the badge from brock. Otherwise I would be kind of behind and have to post like 4 huge posts to catch up, and I wouldn't even be interacting.
Name: Validus
Type: Ground
Appearance: Black athletic clothes. 14 years old.
Hometown: Snowbelle City, Kalos
Pokemon: Rhyhorn (Oblivione, his partner from Kalos), Swinub (Somnus, caught at peak of mt. Moon)

Validus, shivering, rode his rhyhorn, Oblivione, into Cerulean City around 12 PM. "I guess I should have packed better, Oblivione." He said managing to laugh while shivering in the cold night weather. Rhyhorn stopped and returned to the pokéball in front of the PC. Validus let out a long breath as he entered the Pokemon Center, glad Nurse Joy left the door unlocked. He found a bench and quickly fell asleep...

Last edited:
As the night progressed, Gary grew more and more restless. He couldn't sleep, no matter what he did. Was it because of the events of today or was it because he missed his parents? He didn't know, eventually he got dressed and sat down at the foyer, waiting for the night to end or to fall asleep.

OOC can anyone help me get my images to work in my signature?

Validus couldn't sleep very well on the bench, even though he was using his swinub, Somnus, as a pillow. He woke up around 4 AM, and went for a walk, putting Somnus away in his pokeball. It had gotten a little warmer and the sun would be rising soon. Validus decided to wait outside of the gym until misty opened it up so he could battle.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
After really long day Mickey fell asleap on his bed in Vermilion City while he was thinking about tommorow battle

Validus yawned and sat up. At first wondering where he was, he noticed he was outside the gym, which was now open. "I must have fallen asleep", he said, still yawning. Checking his watch he saw it was still pretty early. "Well, time to heal, since Joy wasn't at the PC last night." Validus stumbled into the center slowly, still half-asleep, and had Nurse Joy heal his pokemon.
"You should rest up a little more before more battling," stated Joy.
"Sorry, but I can't, I have to fight Misty today so I can become the next great Gym Leader.

Validus entered the gym, and he noticed that he was so early that there were no gym trainers there, only Misty. "I'm here to fight! Go Somnus!" He shouted to Misty.
"Then you've come to the right place, go Staryu!" She replied, and the battle began.
"Somnus, use Freeze-Dry!" Validus commanded. This move, doing double to water types, defeated Staryu.
"Fine! Go Starmie!" Shouted Misty.
'She won't fall for the same trick,' thought Validus. 'And Starmie will surely outspeed me. My only chance is to survive a bubblebeam and kill it with a bite.'
"Starmie, use bubble beam!" Misty said.
"Somnus! Live it and use bite!" Validus said.
Somnus lived and bit Starmie right on the core, causing Starmie to fly back. However, it didn't KO Starmie.
"Starmie, use it again!" Screamed Misty. But Starmie flinched and didn't move.
"Here's our chance, Somnus! Use freeze-dry!" Commanded Validus as his Swinub, one step ahead of him, hit starmie, knocking it out this time, with a powerful freeze-dry.
"Fine, here's your badge." Said Misty.
Validus left the gym and went on to Route 9 one badge heavier.

Abbey decided to head down route 6 to Vermilion City. He walked down and made to Vermilion. He looked at the coastline and just decided to have a fun day. He went down to the changing rooms at the beach and got changed into swimwear. He let out Breloom and Nuzleaf as they played around. Abbey sat down on the sand and saw some Krabby scuttle by. Nuzleaf headed into the water and splashed Breloom as Breloom retaliated by using counter which splashed all the water back at him. Abbey took out his phone and checked the forecast as he got up and decided to get some ice cream for him and his two Pokemon.

Validus could see the power plant while he was walking along the river, but he didn't care about electric types. He had picked up a rod at Cerulean from a fisherman, and decided to try to find a ground and water type. Fishing, he couldn't find anything, until, while dragging his lure across the bottom, he hooked something, although, it wasn't exactly a bite. He pulled it up and it was a stunfisk, probably feeding off the electricity of the plant, Validus thought. It tried to shock his rhyhorn and couldn't hurt it, and after tiring, it gave up and was captured, your name is Solum. He saw Rock tunnel just across the river and put his swimming lessons to use. Entering Rock Tunnel, the first thing Validus noticed was the large number of Zubats and Digletts. He put on a few repels he had bought back at Cerulean and ran through, but the path was blocked by several large boulders. "Oblivione, break these boulders by smashing into them!" He said. Oblivione ran into the boulders and, while not breaking them, pushed them. Then, they started moving on their own...
"Oniiiix!" Shouted an angry onix after being woken from its slumber. It slammed its tail into the wall, barely missing Oblivione.
"Oblivione, use Bulldoze!" Shouted Validus. This attack was super-effective and hurt Onix quite a lot. Next, naturally, being a ground type future gym leader, Validus threw a Great Ball.
It shook once, it shook twice, it shook three times, and click! Onix was caught. You are Scopulus. Just past that was the entrance, and Validus exited the cave out onto the next route, hoping to see lavender town soon.

Last edited:
"Well I`m gonna take a short detour to the powerplant," Christopher said, "If I where you I would head south down to vermillion for your third badge," he added as he began to walk off to route 9, "So unless you wanna come, I`ll probably see you in Vermillion," he added, now waving as he walked backwards.

Validus, having arrived at Lavender, headed south towards an area with lots of fishermen. He copied them and started fishing. He quickly caught several useless magikarp and one good barboach named Fodiens. Then he took a turn and got lost, but found a large snorlax on the path. He climbed over it and reached Vermillion City. "Yes! I'm finally here! I can't wait to see the SS Anne!" He said, exhausted.

An hour later he got up and got changed and went to the gym. He entered the gym and was personally greeted by Lt. Surge himself. "Welcome to the Vermilion City Gym! May I ask how much badges a fine lass like you would have?"
"Two sir"
"Well then I'll use two Pokemon."
Surge sent out Pikachu and Abbey sent out Nuzleaf. Pikachu used quick attack and Nuzleaf got bashed back. He then used thunder shock on Nuzleaf in an attempt to paralyze him. Nuzleaf just barely got up.
"Little girl, you better get your game together if you want to win." Surge said.
Abbey smirked and Nuzleaf used Razor Leaf while using Feint Attack. He then repeatedly punched Pikachu until it used Discharge knocking out both of them. They both took their Pokemon back. Surge sent out his Raichu and Abbey sent out his Breloom. Breloom used Force Palm and Raichu used Tackle with Breloom right after punching Raichu used Counter having the Raichu fly across the Gym and slam into the wall. Surge took off his glasses in disbelief and shock. He retrieved his Raichu and gave Abbey the Thunder Badge.
"You know you'd be good to have in the army. Heh, joking. Anyway, I have a healer in the back if you want to use it."
"Sure, and thanks sir." Abbey headed off into the back to heal his Pokemon and left the gym with his sights on Lavender Town.

Validus, before battling the gym, decided to check out the SS Anne. Onboard, he met some nice sailors who offered him a tour around the ship, when they took him into the cargo hold, something caught his eye, and he was sure to grab it before exiting. "It's not stealing," he said to himself," no one was using it..."
Back in the PC, Validus gave the Metal Coat to his Onix and found a friendly trainer who was willing to trade their kadabra for onix and trade back. Afterward, Validus received Steelix. Then, he went to nurse joy, asked for a room to stay the night, and headed there early to spend some time with his pokemon.

Asteria slowly opened her eyes to reveal both of her pokemon looking at her before pointing to her Poketch which was on the nightstand, Asteria didn't get it at first until she saw the time. "Oh no, oh no, oh no, shoot where did I put my other heel!" The blonde screamed as she frantically changed into her outfit, it wasn't long after that Asteria was finally just putting her long hair into a high ponytail. The trainer stepped out of her suité by herself sense she had already returned both of her pokemon to their pokeballs.

The female walked out of the elevator and into the lobby before going over to the desk and handing the receptionist a note she had written for her aunt. She then walked over to Brian, "sorry if I'm a bit late it's just that I overslept, anyway we should go challenge the gym leader now" Asteria stated as she walked out of the building and headed towards the Cerulean gym.

(OOC Micheals dad knows ST surge during the war they fought together)
Thomas bought a bike from a random strore and rode to vermilion and approached the gym. When Micheal walked inside he was greeted bi surge
"Ah Micheal hows the family been going?" ST surge asksed Micheal. "Oh wait your not here to talk are you you want to battlle !" St surge added.
"Yes you are right" Micheal responded.
"How many pokemon?" ST surge asked.
"2" Micheal answered. Then The egg in Micheals backpack started to waver and out popped a sneazel "Oh wait 3 now"
"Well the lets start go Voltorb use use headbuttt" St surge commanded
"Sneazel dodge and use Ice claw" Micheal answered Sneazel slashed electabuzz causing it to flinch."Now finish off with bite" Micheal commanded knocking out voltorb.
"Return voltorb go raichu" St surge commanded.
"Sneazel use ice fang" Micheal Commanded sneazel bit down on Raichu.
"Raichu take it down with iron taile" St surge commanded Raichu bashed sneael on the head knocking her out.
"Good Job sneasel return go sqheal" Micheal commanded
"Raichu use Iron tail again" St surge commanded.
"Counter with Ice beam" Micheal commanded. Raichu was completly frozen knocking it out.
"Return, Now go pikachu" St surge commanded.
"Sqheal return, go bergmite" Bergmite use headbutt" micheal commanded. bbergmite smashed pikachu in the had cuasin it stumble for its turn. "Now bergmite Ice beam." Bergmite froze Pikachu Knocking it out.
"Here Micheal heres your badge yoou deserved it" St surge congratulated.
Micheal took the badge and headed to the pokecenter he healed his pokemon. And waited for Christoher.

Last edited:
Christopher walkd from route 9 into the powerplant, "So this is where they generate electricity?" he said, it was an area full with generators and researchers, there was a sign near one of the generators "To all trainers, you may catch pokemon so long as they are outside of the generators," it read, "So we can catch anything we find?" he said, soon a togedemaru appeared rolling from around a corner, he looked over and saw it, "There! use force palm!" he said pointing at it, riolu jumped at it and slammed his palm into it, Christopher threw one pokemon 1, 2, 3, CLICK, "Welcome to the team," he said picking it up, "Well we can leave now," he added, they walked out and decided to next go through the rock tunnel.

Last edited:

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Before Gary even showed up Mickey dresed and went into Gym to beat Gym Leader Lt. Surge
"Kid are you sure you'll challenge me,you might get shocked"said Surge and laughed
Mickey prepared his pokeball and"Go,Marshtomp"
"Ah,you use water type"
"Yes and I will crush your Electrics"said Mickey with a lot of confident
"Then Go Voltorb"
"Marshtomp Water Gun,now"
Marshtomp used Water gun and in one punch he fainted Voltorb.
"But what will you do against,Pikachu Go"
"Marshtomp use Bide"
After two attackes Marshtomp recived he unleashed his energy and fainted Pikachu
"You maybe beaten first two but this one is my favorite,Go Raichu"
"Okay then,come back Marshtomp and Go Poliwag"
"Raichu use Thunderbolt"
"Poliwag dodge"
Poliwag dodged attack
"Now counter attack,Poliwag use Water Gun now"
Poliwag used his attack and he done more than half of damage to Raichu
"Raichu use Thunder Shock now"
Poliwag didn't dodged this attack and he almost fainted
"Good now,Poliwag Double Slap now"
And he finnaly fainted Lt. Surge's Raichu
"Ahhhhhhhhhhh,good you deserved this"said Lt.Surge and gave Mickey Thunder Badge
"Yes,I cant wait to show this to Gary"said Mickey leaving Gym

trainercard-Mickey.png

Last edited:
Brian chuckled lightly as he got up to follow Asteria. "Don't worry about it, I would've gone to wake you up, but then there might be that chance that I intrude at a 'bad time' if you know what I mean." He said as he put one hand in his pocket and his other to adjust the angle of his fedora. "So are you gonna challenge the gym leader first, or shall I?" He asked.

Christopher and riolu walked through rock tunnel, they saw another bronzor but left it alone, it didn`t take long until they where out and in Lavender town they walked around, "People say this place is haunted, apparently having a large ghost type population makes it cursed," he said, he looked behind riolu to see a sword fly out from the ground "Quickly, run!" he said, the sword was about to slice at riolu but it quickly stopped in place, then floated back, "Edge," it said in a happy voice, "Ri," Riolu replied, the two had a conversation for a little bit, "Ri?" he asked, "Edge," they replied, then riolu jumped up and took a pokeball from Christopher`s bag and the honedge gently tapped it and turned to a red light to flow into it, "What was that?" Christopher asked, "Ri," Riolu said shrugging.

Last edited:
Micheal walked back to the power plant and spotted a aloalan sandshrew "Ahh a steel type Since Christopher likes them they must be good." Micheal admired. "Sqheal use Ice fang Micheal commanded. Sqheal bit down hard on the sandshrew causing it to stumble back. Micheal threw a pokeball it clicked 1-2-3 ckk. Micheal cuaght the pokemon. Micheal got on his bike he rode to saffron city.

Last edited:
Christopher walked down route 7 and got to Saffron city, then walked down route 6 to get to Vermillion, he walked into the gym, "Ahh, another trainer," the leader said, "How many badges?" he asked, "two," Christopher replied, "Very well, I will use two pokemon, go voltorb," Lt. Surge said throwing a pokeball to reveal, another pokeball, "Go Honedge!" Christopher said through the pokeball of his newly caught honedge, "Shadow sneak!" he commanded, the honedge dropped into the floor becoming a shadow, it then burst from the ground hitting voltorb back, "Tackle!" Lt. Surge commanded with great authority, "Slash!" Christopher said, voltorb jumped at honedge but flew right through and then honedge slashed at voltorb to take it out, "Return," Lt. Surge said returning it to its pokeball.

"Go Raichu!" he said throwing a pokeball, "Use thundershock!" he commaned, the pokemon shocked honedge with a powerful volt, "Fight back with slash!" Christopher said but when honedge tried to hit raichu it disapeared almost instantly, "Huh?" he said, the raichu was too quick to be seen, it then appeared from behing and took honedge out with another thundershock, "Return," Christopher said returning it to its pokeball.

"Go riolu!" Christopher said, riolu ran forward onto the battle field, "Force palm," riolu tried to hit but raichu kept dodging, "Quick attack!" Lt. Surge commanded, the raichu jumped infront of riolu and lept at it. Riolu was sent back injured next to Christopher, without any command he began to walk forward and glow with a harsh aura, "Riolu." Christopher said, it slowly began to grow, the aura shortened to show a lucario, it began to create an energy between it`s hands from aura, "Dodge it!" the leader commanded, raichu began to run around to room quickly, every second he has already crossed the room again. Lucario closed his eyes and could see the movement of raichu in his mind when the moment was right he sent the sphere of aura directly forward and it slammed into raichu as it was moving making it faint, "Lucario!" Christopher said as his eyes sparkled, the aura then depleted around him and he walked back to his trainer, "Good work," he said, the leader walked over and gave him his badge, "three down, five to go," Christopher said as they left, "So where do you think Michael is?" Christopher asked the lucario, "I think I may start carrying you in your pokeball he said and pulled at the pokeball to return it, there was a red glow of light and it returned.

(OOC: Make sure that we are using the replacement leaders, so Janine and blue instead of Koga and Giovanni, make sure you check out the discussion thread for villainous team info, I`ll be back when I wake up)