• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kanto: The New Gym Leaders

"Ugh, I saw you two leave and after he started ranting about non-native kanto pokemon, I`m just happy he didn`t see me and riolu," Christopher said pushing his face on his forehead, "Well, let`s hope we don`t have to deal with him anymore," he added annoyed looking back into the pokemon center.

"what's the rpoblem with non kanto pokemon? By the way did you happen to see what species of Pokemon he had?" Asteria asked as Angel started snoring I'm her arms. The blond then started to lightly rock the Pokemon so she wouldn't wake up sense Angel would throw a fit.

(OOC: I know he has a magby BIC)
"I don`t know why he thinks that, but I saw a small red pokemon, so I would assume charmander," Christopher replied, "It`s probably just something he`s thought since he was young and never let go of," he added, "So where are you all going? I`m assuming you have or will challenge the pewter gym," he asked.

"Personally I want to check out Viridian Forest and see if I can catch a Heracross if they live there and after some training challenge the gym. Although I would need to buy some Pokéballs and potions just in case I need them."

"Me and Asteria are going to Mt. Moon to see the moon in all it's beauty or something. I plan on catching and training Pokémon later." Brian said as he looked around at everyone and adjusted his hat once more.

"First I`m gonna challenge the gym, I may then go to Mt. Moon after, I want to see if there`s any steel types there," Christopher said, "In fact, I think I`ll see you all later," he added and began to walk away to the gym waving backwards, "Cya later," he said as riolu ran to catch up with him.

"alright lets head for Mt. Moon" Asteria excitedly stated as she started walking in the direction of route three, Asteria could hardly keep her excitement in sense she was going to be able to finally catch another fairy type Pokemon.

Christopher walked into the gym, it had a soil platform surrounded by a thick layer of rocks, he challenged the gym leader Brock to a battle, "Go geodude!" Brock said as he threw a pokeball and a geodude appeared, "Go Riolu!" Christopher said pointing forward, his riolu ran forward, "Use force palm," he commanded, Riolu hit his palm into the face of geodude and it floated back and fell to the floor, "Return!" Brock said pulling the pokemon into it`s pokeball.

"Go onix!" Brock said as he threw another pokeball, "Use tackle!" he said, onix flew into riolu hitting it back and hurting it, "Use counter!" Riolu took the damage he just took and used it to hit at onix, and it easily slammed onto the ground, "Return," Brock said returning it to it`s pokeball, "Good job riolu," Christopher said as riolu walked back to him, "Same to you, good job," Brock said giving Christopher his badge.

(Hey bud Im here to support you for your first Rp)
Name: Micheal France
Type:ice
Appearance: Yellow sunglasses, white skin, blue hair, fluffy jacket, long pants, and boots.
Home town: Pewter city.(Kanto)
Pokemon: Arron.
(OOC are fakemon allowed.)

Micheal came from the back of the soup kitchen "Hey Mom is this right?" Thomas asked "yes sweetie" Micheals Mum responded. Thomas walked out and gave the soup to a boy with a riolu. "wow a riolu arn't they from Sinnoh" Micheal asked the trainer. "Oh yeah heres your soup." he added. A small shuffling came from Micheal's jacket. "shhh Bergmite stop squeaking mum doesn't know your here." Micheal whispered.

Last edited:
Asteria continued walking until she heard rustling from a bush a before she knew it a swarm of Beedrills popped out which caused the trainer to start running and screaming in fear. "AHHHH BRIAN SAVE US!" Asteria screamed as she continued to run around while the swarm of Beedrills continued to follow her .

Abbey and his Shroomish walked down route 3, looking at all the trainers and their Pokemon. He then saw a young girl run by with a swarm of Beedrill chasing her. "Oh geez. Shroomish, do something." Shroomish used Stun Spore which paralyzed the Beedrill. Abbey ran over to her. "Are you ok?"

"yeah I'm alright, thank you" the girl said as she was filled with embarrassment, Asteria then look down on her arms to see that Angel was still sleeping peacefully, "How in the world can you stay asleep while I get chases by those bug types" the blonde complained to the Pokemon who smirked with it's eyes closed.

Brian looked at Asteria and smiled. "Let's just be glad she still is, otherwise she'd be crying like before." He went over to check on Angel before he turned his head to Abbey. "Thanks so much for the help ma'am." He said as he tipped his hat to him. "Although we should get a move on before that stun spore wears off." He added as e looked at the Beedrills.

"Brian, my dearest friend who means the world to me, can you hold Angel while she sleeps because my arms are getting really tired and this baby weighs more than she should, so pleeeeaaaassse" the female pleaded as she looked Brian directly on the eye with her pair of blue orbs as she pointed. "Hehe he has to carry Angel sense nobody can resist my pouts" Asteria stated inside her mind as she inwardly smirked .

Brian shrugged. "Sure, but not because you gave me that adorable look." He said with a wink "But because I want a chance to hold your equally adorable Pokémon." He added as he held out his hands to take Asteria's Togepi. Meanwile, Ralts got out of his Poké ball and went back on to Brian's shoulder. "Oh, hello again buddy. You enjoy your nap?" Ralts responded with a stretch and a nod.

Asteria rolled her eyes before handing Angel over to Brian before crossing her arms and started to continue to walk towards Mt. Moons direction. "He wouldn't know adorable even if it freaking hit him on the head with a tree" Asteria muttered in annoyance sense it was the first time somebody resisted her cuteness, "he's gonna eventually learn that my cuteness is the ultimate power" the girl stated to herself with a small giggle

Christopher and his riolu walked out of the gym, they began to walk to route 3 but then riolu stopped, "Huh?" Christopher said looking back, the riolu`s appendages on the back of his head where floating and there was a blue aura rotating around him. "This again?" Christopher said, after a few more seconds riolu`s appendages dropped down and the aura dispersed away from him, "Riol, Riolu," it said and the two began walking again.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
(OOC: So NOONE is going to challenge Kai?)

As Kai was walking down the road to the gym, he saw Christopher and his Riolu. "A Riolu?" Kai looked down at the jackal Pokemon curiously before getting angry. "A Sinnoh Pokemon? Here? I don't think so." Kai shook his head before raising a poke ball. A man in his 40s or 50s approached them.
"Please." He said to Kai. "You look like you were about to attack him. Don't get so mad. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Professor Redwood, friend to both the Oak family and Professor Elm."

Brian held the sleeping Togepi in his arms and smiled. "Heh, cute..." he muttered whilst Ralts barely took his eyes off her. Brian looked up as he thought he heard Asteria mutter. "Did you say something?" He asked. As he walked with Asteria, he began to notice how close they were to Mt. Moon.
Brian looked back at the Beedrills that Abbey paralysed and noticed one by one they started to get up. "Uh... Asteria?" He asked and lightly pointed to the Beedrills. "We should pick up the pace before they decide to chase us again."

Christopher stopped and looked back to see Kai, "Him again? Is that what you picked up on?" he asked his Riolu, "Ri," they replied and shook their head. "Well I don`t know who would have a more annoying aura than him," he said, "But I take it that there is someone," he added, his riolu then shrugged and they kept walking.

After stocking up on potions and poké balls, Gary entered the Viridian Foest to find that it was partially burning and he could not do much except call the firefighters. After calling, he entered the forest deeper to find a badly injured Heracross and caught it to bring it back to the Pokécenter before its injuries became worse.

"Outta my way, deadwood..." Kai pushed Redwood out of the way. Kai stepped forwards and stood in front of Christopher. "You're not getting away from me!" He shouted. "Why do you insist that a Pokemon that didn't even originally come from Kanto is better to use on your journey? It's stupid because you don't take in the real sights...that's why the King of Kanto fought the wars 1000s of years ago!!" Kai tried with all his might to block Christopher's path. "Listen here, from now on, i'm going to be the rival of anybody who came here thinking to rush through the sights and Pokemon from Kanto. I've already managed to get one gym badge with the help of only one Pokemon, whose type was weak to that of the gym leader's type. I've proven i'm a force to be reckoned with." Kai folded his arms. He had recognised Redwood before because he had been one the lesser known professors of the Sevii Islands where he came from but he didn't led Redwood bother him. He was trying to talk to Christopher.

Christopher just looked at the trainer in confusion, "I use him on my journey because he`s my friend," he said slowly and nervously, he then looked down at the angry riolu ready for a battle, "And if you think that going on a journey with a pokemon that isn`t native to kanto is wrong, couldn`t I say the same about using a kantonian pokemon in any other region?" he said, then he looked back at riolu. The riolu opened his hand and jumped at the trainer with a force palm.

Kai moved out of the way. "You are right. That is why we should encourage Pokemon from other regions to spend time in their natural habitat, the places they came from. We shouldn't encourage migration of other species as it will kill the population in their natural rare environment. And it's bad for many other types of Pokemon too. You see, if we just let a bunch of Tyranitars lose right here, they'd swallow up the population on these routes. There'd be no population of other Pokemon, no diversity. I also believe the other regions to be inferior. You should know, I come from a long line of illegitamate heirs to the original King of Kanto. As the only ancestor alive that had anything to do with him, I tell you now, we need a strong leader. Not some airy fairy champion who shows his power through battle...we need a seperate ruler. We need a monarch. We also need to close the borders. Too many thugs from other regions are coming in." A group of people, cameramen and reporters from Pewter City surrounded Kai. Kai was awfully loud and his political views were heard by all, even inspiring a few to listen. Kai looked around, thinking what have I done. But then, he opened his mouth and spoke more. "There needs to be a safe haven for those who have lived in Kanto all their lives...or at least a place for those who are loyal to Kanto. Let's call it 'Crimson City.' Gym leaders take care of their towns and cities, don't they? I'll be the gym leader of it once i've got my 8 shiny badges."

Professor Redwood rushed over to Kai. "This...is what you want? Okay. But you must learn to love Pokemon not from this region." Redwood looked at Kai. "I will follow you on your journey to make sure. If you want this...Crimson City, to be a thing...you should seek the help of others...construction workers...gym leaders...once you have beaten all 8, return to Cinnabar Island and i'll get Blaine to do some deep training with you."

Last edited:
Christopher took the opportunity of the camera`s and Kai screaming to quickly run out into route 3 with his riolu, "That guy was a politician and a half, or maybe three quarters," he said, "You probably shouldn`t of tried to attack him, but by the same token he had it coming," he added and riolu gave a small giggle. The two then looked up to see two of the trainers from earlier with a third trainer and a few beedrill paralyzed, "You`ll never believe what just happened," he said as he got closer to them.

Gary saw a bunch of people gathering near the exit to Route 3, but he did not mind it. he rushed into the pokécenter and gave his pokéballs to Nurse Joy. "Please heal them, one of them barely survived a fire!" Nurse Joy took Gary's pokémon and healed them before giving them back to him. "Thank you!"

Thomas went outside from the soup shop "hey you Kai thats your name right leave everyone alone Im up to here with your crap Im native to pewter city and my pokemon isn't a native but I still love him." Thomas explained. "So if you have a problem with foreginers take it up with the police or me." Thomas challenged.

Abbey and his Shroomish went down to Mt. Moon, fighting through Route 3 with ease. They walked around a bit in the mountain before getting stormed with Zubats. "Geez, we can never catch a break. Shroomish, Bullet Seed!" Shroomish used Bullet Seed on the storm of Zubats, only knocking out three. "Dammit, Shroomish. Ugh, think... Shroomish, intoxicate your Bullet Seed with Stun Spore." Shroomish proceeded to use the deadly combination paralyzing and knocking out Zubat after Zubat. Abbey ran over to Shroomish, picking her up. "Are you ok?" Shroomish smiled giving the impression she was fine. "Ok, let's head out then." They proceeded to get through Route 4 before coming apon Cerulean City. They walked around for a bit, taking a nice break for ice cream and just relaxed.

upload_2018-7-20_9-31-37.png

This is a map giving a visual taste on where everyone. I just wanted to help. The color's represent each type and the arrows are just to show where they are if you can't see the dots

(OOC: I think we should have a discussion thread for these kinds of things and you should make a key for the spots)

Kai looked at Thomas. "Who are you? How dare you approach me like that! If you wanna be rivals...you've made the right move. Come on," Kai taunted the boy, "Battle me now."

"Kai, stop bullying everyone!" Redwood shouted. "That's enough. You've hurt the poor boy's feelings." Redwood looked at Thomas. Redwood layed his massive bag on the ground and produced two eggs. He gave one egg to Kai. "Hopefully the contents of this egg will make you love foreign Pokemon." He handed the other large egg towards Thomas's direction. "Please take this egg in concelation for my students' embarrassment." The contents of both eggs were unknown to Redwood but he hoped Kai would learn a lesson as he knew the egg was not of a Kanto Pokemon. After seeing Thomas challenge Kai with words, he was sure he was the rival Kai needed and hence, gave him the other egg.

"Professor Redwood I won't fight him out of respect for you and your work and thanks for the egg, but as for kai fire may burn Ice but water can extinguish flame just like that." Micheal challenged. "We as well go to Mt moon with the others" Micheal added with a disgusted tone. "I can't wait for the pokemon to hatch" Micheal thought. Micheal sent out a message to his Mum saying he was going on a adventure with "freinds".

Last edited:
After Gary got his Pokémon healed he called his parents back in Cianwood. "Hi mom and dad! I made it here safely and am beginning my quest to get all the gym badges in a minute." Gary's parents were very happy to hear that and his dad quickly answered. "That's my boy! Start your own gym just like your old man!" Chuck yelled out. Gary smiled at his dad's behaviour before hanging up and making his way to Brock, slightly nervous but confident in the abilities of his Pokémon and himself.

"Welcome challenger, my name is Brock and I will test you to determine if you are worthy of the Boulder Badge. Bring out your Pokémon!" Brock exclaimed as he sent out his Geodude. "If you fall, use that as motivation to grow stronger! Go Tyrogue!" Gary sent out his Tyrogue who was ready to fight anything and anyone.

"Tyrogue, Fake Out!" Tyrogue leapt forward and slapped Geodude, doing little damage but causing it to flinch.

"Smart move, but it won't save you from losing next turn." Brock stated.

"Tyrogue, Bulk Up!" Tyrogue tensed his muscles, building up his attacking power and defensive power.

"Geodude, Tackle!" Geodude tackled Tyrogue, doing less damage than expected due to Bulk Up raising Tyrogue's defense.

This kept going for six turns and Tyrogue was battered before eating an Oran Berry, healing most of his HP.
"Now let's see if your parents taught you how to use this! Mach Punch!" Tyrogue launched forward with his fist extended, causing Geodude to barely hang on with 1 HP.

"Geodude, Tackle!" Geodude attempted to tackle Tyrogue but missed and got hit in the back by another Mach Punch, taking it out.

"Not bad, but let's see if you can take this out! Onix, go!" As Brock returned his Geodude, a towering Onix appeared in the field causing both Tyrogue and Gary to gulp in fear.

"Come on Tyrogue, Mach Punch!" Tyrogue caught Onix off guard with his sudden speed and landed a critical hit, taking the Onix out.

"You did it Tyrogue! High five!" As Gary and Tyrogue high-fived eachother, Brock returned his Onix and walked over to Gary.
"Well done young challenger, you are indeed worthy of these items." Brock gave Gary a Boulder Badge and a TM for Bide. Gary thanked Brock for the fight and left the gym, aiming to get through Mt. Moon before it got dark.

Asteria gasped in amazement when she saw Mt. Moon, she then moved closer to Brian as she looked down at her sleeping baby. "Angel, sweetie it's time to wake up" the girl softly whispered to the little Togepi, "Angel if you don't wake up you won't be able to see Mt. Moon" she whispered once again but all Angel did was cuddle up closer to Brian, which actually made Asteria a bit jealous so the girl started to walk faster to see if Angel would look for her sooner or later

Brian let out a light whistle in amazement at the sight of Mt. Moon before he felt the Togepi cuddle him. Brian chuckled lightly at how close he became with Angel, but despite that, he knew that she was Asteria's first and foremost. He gently shook his arms to wake the Togepi up. "Angel, wakey wakey lil' guy." Ralts also called out to Angel in an attempt to wake the latter. Brian noticed that Asteria picked up the pace and could see her jealousy. "Come on Angel, Asteria wants you." He added in hope that her love for her trainer would help her wake up.

Gary ran through Route 3, dodging some incredibly grumpy Beedrill and eventually made it to the entrance of Mt. Moon where he saw the people that he met earlier were here too. "Heya! Nice to see you guys again!"

(This seems fun so i wanna join)
Name: Daniel
Type: Dark
Appearance: Black Hair, Pair of black skater jeans, White T-shirt w/ a houndoom design on it, And a black leather jacket
Home town: Castelia City (Unova)
Pokemon: (As of now) Larvitar, and Eevee
A young black haired boy near the cave would notice all the conversation happening and would be puzzled while attending to his Eevee. "What the?..." The black haired boy would shake it off and instead continue to tend to his Eevee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Angel slowly fluttered her eyes open bit once she saw that Asteria was further up ahead her eyes started getting watery until the tears finally came out.

Upon hearing her little Togepi cry Asteria immediately walked back next to Brian before gently picking Angel up and rocking the little pokemon in her arms to calm her down, "shh I'm right here Angel, don't worry" Asteria whispered to calm the Pokemon down, after Angel finally stopped crying the blonde trainer pointed over to Mt. Moon so that Angel could see how beautiful it was. Asteria then looked at Brian with a smile on her face before saying "thank you"

Brian smiled and briefly took his fedora off to Asteria. "No problem, I'm just surprised how quick she took a liking to me." He said before he looked up in at the moon. Moments later, his Ralts alerted him of a newcomer and turned to the latter. "Ah, hello there, who might you be?" He asked with a smile. As he heard the man's question about Togepi, he stepped back lightly to let him look at her and wait for Asteria's answer.

Abbey headed down to the Cerulean City gym and entered. He walked toward Misty.
"Welcome challenger to the Cerulean City gym! May I ask how many badges you have?"
"None at the moment."
"Ok then, I'll use two Pokemon, sound fair?"
"Yeah, sure"
Abbey sent out his Shroomish and Misty sent out Staryu.
-Staryu used Water Gun
-Shroomish used Bullet Seed
-Staryu used Tackle
-Shroomish dodged
"Ok, this is getting boring. Shroomish, use Paralyzing bullets!"
Shroomish used a combination of Bullet Seed and Stun Spore which decimated the Staryu. Misty stopped in awe and confusion in what just happened. "Uh, how, what..ugh, never mind, Staryu return! Go Starmie!" Starmie used Rapid Spin and right before it hit Shroomish, she used Mega Drain which stopped Starmie in its tracks. "Ok, Shroomish use Poison Powder and Bullet Seed together!" The effect of the blow on Starmie blasted the floor which toxins and disintegrating pillars.
Misty mearly looked at the aftermath, and saw the figure of Shroomish covered in Poison as it started to glow. Shroomish evolved to Breloom. She tossed the badge to Abbey as him and his new Breloom walked out of the gym together.