• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kanto RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterhipster

Previously squidiot
Rachel grinned. “Really? That’s awesome! I want to become a gym leader one day.” Rachel stepped back. “This Lucario’s name is Cahira,” The Lucario waved to Sera. “The Vulpix is Reef, the Arbok is Strike, and the Fearow that you saw was Soleil.” All of the Pokemon (except Fearow) greeted the trainers and their Pokemon.

Sera was glad that she didn't pester about her studies. "Nice to meet you all. I don't think you met the rest of my pokemon." She let out Ill and Mary. She was ready for the jealous glare that she got from the Center for three of her four pokemon being shiny. However, she felt like Rachel should know about the rest of her pokemon. "This is Ill and this is Mary." She said as she pointed to the Beedrill and Mareep in that order.

misterhipster

Previously squidiot
“That’s a lot of shiny Pokemon!” Rachel raised her eyebrows. “How did you find so many?” She asked. Rachel was certainly curious on how someone could find so many shiny Pokemon that the majority of their team were shiny. She could barely imagine herself having one with her luck!

"Mary was a gift for me, Ill I found harassing Evan, and Lass I found with the help of a shiny charm and a Spearow." She explained. "Although, I have a feeling that my luck had just about run out with shinies for a while." She continued. "You see my research requires shinies due to me trying to discover why shinies are a different color than normal pokemon."

misterhipster

Previously squidiot
“Really? That’s interesting!” Rachel grinned. “I was wondering if you or Evan could battle me? I haven’t battled a trainer in a couple days now, and i thought that this would be a nice time to do so,” Rachel requested, returning her Pokemon back to their Pokeballs.

Evan would normally be eager to battle, but Ceasar had just had a tough battle and Gible had taken a ton of damage from Ursaring’s Uproar.

‘I’d be glad to battle sometime, but my Pokémon are not in great shape right now.’

He continued down the forest path for a ways before noticing something on the ground. It was a small CD sized case, and Evan picked it up and opened it. Inside was a disk with a green ring on the inner rim.

He scanned it with his PokéDex, and it came up as TM Grass Knot.

‘Here, Sera, you’re in charge of most of our gear. Take this.’

He handed her the TM.

When Rachel asked the question Sera shook her head. "I'm a lover, not a fighter. All of my pokemon were caught without a real fight." She said. When Evan left she recalled Mary and Ill, making sure that Rachel saw the blues and yellows of the quickball. She then followed Evan until he gave her a TM. "Lass, can you file this for me?" She asked the Nidoran.

misterhipster

Previously squidiot
“Aw, that sucks.” Rachel frowned. “I’ll be on my way, nice meeting you!” She picked up her bike from the ground and swung her leg over the seat. “Hopefully i’ll see you soon!” Rachel said as she rode away. She honestly hoped she’d see them again, they seemed like kind and interesting people.

Evan watched as Rachel pedaled off. A Gym Leader in trainer? That sounded interesting. Evan continued to ponder as they walked down the path. Soon they were nearing the exit to the forest, and the gatehouse into Pewter. He felt he was ready to fight the Gym Leader, but he also needed to help Sera as much as he could.

‘Hey, Sera, how exactly do we conduct the research? I haven’t really done this before, researching, that is.’

"Well first we observe, we need to see how normal and shiny pokemon react to the same things. Then we write down what we have just seen. After that we, we well that's what we have to find out. Professor Rowen always did this next step alone. And the rest of the steps, we were really there to help file paperwork and take care of the pokemon that he caught for the experiment." Sera amitted. She took out her notebook. "I have already written down some things about my pokemon that I have noticed that are different from their species. Although it could be just them."

‘So then we might need to go back to Route 22 and observe Nidorans there?’

By this point they had reached the gatehouse into Pewter. As they walked into Pewter, Evan continued,

‘So we observe behavior first. So then we we should spend plenty of time with our Pokémon to learn about them, and then we can compare with other wild Pokémon, and with Pokémon belonging to other trainers.’

"Yes and no. They need the same environment as ours if we are going to compare them. That means we are going to need to catch the normal versions of them. I kinda forgot that until just now. And we are going to need more than one specimen. Basically, we will have to work outside the trainer rules unless we can find an alternative deposit place for our pokemon and work there. I might know someone who could help us, but he lives just outside of Cerulean so we will have to wait a bit, if he even helps us. Truth is I don't know him personally, but aids have to learn notable pokemon scientists." Sera explained as Sparky nodded. Lass yawned and looked sleepy.

‘Alrighty then, this is probably gonna take awhile, so let’s go to the Pokécenter and heal up. I would like to challenge the Gym before we go to Mt. Moon.’

He strolled towards the Pokécenter and entered the front door just as a small group of trainers were exiting, muttering about their Gym battles.

Evan walked up to the front desk and had Nurse Joy heal his Pokémon.

Sera nodded. "I'm going to heal up my pokemon as well. While you are having your gym battle, I'll visit the museum and try to find a scientist to help us. So then we don't have to go all the way to Cerulean." Sera said as she handed her pokemon to Nurse Joy. When they were ready she went to the Pewter City Museum. "See you after your gym battle!" She yelled.

Ajax finally made it to pewter city, he walked to the Pokémon center and bought a meal while watching the small TV in the corner. He heard someone tell and looked towards the direction it came from, when his eyes finally reached their destination he saw the girl from the day before, he gently sighed before he kept on eating.

‘Okay, see you in a bit!’

Renz walked towards the Gym. He had heard the Gym was Rock type, so he was kind of counting on Double Kick from Ceasar and Dragon Rage from Gible.

He fought his way past the two junior trainers without any problems. Double kick dealt with Geodude’s Sturdy Ability.

Evan walked up to the platform where the Gym Leader, Brock, was standing.

‘Go, Ceasar! Double Kick!’

‘Geodude! Defense Curl!’

Rin stepped into the city boundary of Viridian City, panting. "Time...to...register..." Ran panted out as he trudged towards The Pokémon Centre. As he felt the cold air conditioner rush past him, he dropped to the ground. Everyone in the Pokémon Centre looked at him.

"Heh heh...right. Nurse Joy, could you heal my Pokémon?" Rin asked. Nurse Joy gave a rehearsed smile to Rin, and took his Pokéballs. "Yes, we'll call you when they're all healed up! Have a nice day!" She said. Rin then immediately traversed to the most important place in the Pokémon Centre: The cafeteria. While he was waiting, he scarfed down three entire bowls of rice. People stared again. Suddenly, he heard his name blare from the speakers. He headed to the counter, picked up his Pokéballs, and set out for Viridian Forest.

Sera went to the museum, where there were other pokemon scientists. She walked around, looking for a bit, looking at the exhibits. A young boy came up to her. "Hello, how may I help you. Would you like a tour? Or maybe you want to see the premium exhibits." He said, Advertising the services.
"I'm actually looking for the head professor here. I believe his name was Dr. Omonto?" Sera said quickly.
The boy was taken aback. "I'm sorry, but he is not looking for any visiters." He replied. He then went off to help a small family of three that just entered.

Even with the Defense Curl, Ceasar quickly dispatched Geodude. Brock sighed as he returned Geodude. ‘Fighting moves...’ he shook his head. With this he sent out Onix.

Evan took out his Pokédex and took a picture.

Onix has a magnet in it’s brain. It acts as a compass so this Pokémon does not lose direction while tunneling. As it grows older, it’s body becomes increasingly rounder and smoother.

Evan commanded Ceasar to use Double Kick again.

‘Onix, avoid it with Dig!’

The giant snake tunneled quickly into the ground, but was nicked slightly by Ceasar’s attack. The battlefield began to rumble as Onix tunneled around.

‘Onix, up!’

Brock shouted and the attack slammed into Ceasar, fainting him. Evan recalled Ceasar and called out Gible. As he was doing so Brock nodded and sharp rocks shot out towards where Gible was materializing. The little shark winced in pain as he landed on the Stealth Rocks.

‘Gible, Dragon Rage!’

The attack slammed into Onix, and it collapsed to the floor, it’s health almost fully drained. Brock gritted his teeth and commanded Onix to use Rock Throw. The rock snake slammed its tail into the ground and sent rocks launching into the air, then batted them towards Gible with its tail. Gible was hit hard and was doing almost as bad as Onix.

‘Gible, one more Dragon Rage!’

‘Onix, counter with Rock Throw!’

The Onix slammed its tail into the ground once more and sent up a spray of rocks, which blocked the Dragon Rage. Gible was grimacing as he prepared to fire off another Dragon Pulse. Some of the rocks had flown towards him during the Onix’s last attack, and he was barely standing. The Dragon Rage fired off with a bright flash and before the opponents could counter again it slammed into Onix, fainting it.

————————————————————

Brock walked over to Evan.

‘Congratulations for your victory. You have proven yourself to be worthy of the Boulder Badge. Take this as well.’

Brock said as he handed Evan the Gym Badge, a small wad of Pokébux, and TM Stealth Rock.

(You guys good with TMs being DVDs with videos that teach the Pokémon the move?)

Last edited:
Name: Sky
Appearance: 5'4" Pale skin, white blond hair with a purple chunk in the bangs. Hair flows down his back. Pale blue eyes. Sky usually wears a soft blue t-shirt, a light purple jacket, black skinny jeans and combat boots. Carrys a messenger bag and an egg carrier.
Pokémon Team: Eevee (Male Jacks.) Eevee (Female Jessi, S) egg (will find out later.) Vulpix (Female.)
# of Badges: 0
Hometown: Small farm outside of Pewter city.
Starter: Sky walked along the dirt and rocky path to Pewter city from his parents farm. He and his two Eevee Jessi and Jacks on his shoulders. Going into town he stopped by the pokemart to buy pokeballs and items for his journey away from home.

Walking out the pokemart goes to the gym to say good bye to his friend Brock. When he got there he saw a boy battle and win against his friend. Knowing this must have been a tough battle he walked up to congratulate him. "Hey nice battling. It is not everyday that you see this guy lose. Well at least to a guy and not some pretty girl." Sky said as he goes to shake Evan's hand.
"Hey that is not fair and you know it.' Brock almost shouted and blushed while. Taylor sits there smirking.

Last edited:
Sera left the museum empty-handed. She decided to check in on Evan and his battle to see if he got better results than she did. She entered the gym and two young trainers demanded a battle. "I'm only coming to watch a friend," She quickly said, trying to get out of a battle, "I won't battle the gym leader. I pinky sware." The two school children nodded and took Sera's pinky with their own pinky, then they shook pinkies.

Sera walked past the two and came up to Evan. "So, how did it go?" She asked. She then noticed the badge in his hand. "Great job! I knew you could do it. I just got kind of worried that both of us has bad luck." Lass stuck her head out of the bag. She and Sparky nodded. She looked aver at the new trainer. On his shoulder sat a shiny Eevee. Her eyes widened. She had to know what differences the two had.

Sky noticed the new person stepped up and greeted the girl who eyed his Eevee. "Hey my name is Taylor. I came by here to see my friend Brock one last time before I set out on my journey. By the way this is Jessi."

Last edited:
"Who is a Shiny Eevee. You also have a normal Eevee. Tell me any differences that the two have, whether it be social, eating habits, sleeping habits, and behavior," Sera said as she took a notebook and pencil than Lass handed to her. She needed these answers, more than anything else in the world. Why be a different color? What did the pokemon have to gain? Unless they didn't gain anything. But what would be the point of being a different color if you didn't gain anything?

Evan shook hands with the newcomer and then turned to Sera, who had just walked into the building. He waved and held up the badge, grinning. He turned back to Sky.

‘Yes, it was a tough battle. Close too.’

Then Sera pointed out the Shiny Eevee. He looked back to it. He hadn’t realized its coloration at first, he had just thought its fur was brightly reflecting the lights on the battlefield. This was a perfect opportunity to compare two Pokémon in the same environment, one shiny and one normal. He could see how Sera would do it, and help as much as he could.

"Well Jessi and Jacks were born around the same time. Their eggs were given to me by my parents when I told them I wanted to become a pokemon breeder. They eat pretty much the same things. This is what they eat." With that Sky opened his bag which is very organized and pulled out the food he created for his Eevee. "Eevee tend to be freindly and these two are no exception to that. Do you want to check them out? They love to be held. Though neither one likes to be in their pokeball much." With this he handed Jessi to Sera and gave her a poke treat for her. He also handed one to Jacks. "Give her this and she will be your friend for life." Sky put away the treats.

Last edited:
Sera nodded and wrote everything down. She made sure to have the heading say 'Tamed Eevee' not just 'Eevee', there could be a difference. Sera nodded and came to the realization that a trainer owned pokemon would act differently to the same thing that a normal pokemon would. Catching shinies wasn't the way to go. Not unless they just put them in an artificial environment where they could observe everything that they did. She put her notebook and pencil away and took Jessi. She smiled at the small fox-like pokemon. She fed the Eevee a treat and started to pet her soft fur.

"You have a way with her. You know that when I got both of their eggs. I noticed that Jessi's egg was a little different then Jacks' egg. I took a couple of pictures. Would you like to see them?"

"Yes, I would love to see them," Sera said. This could really help out her research. If she could spot Shinies before they were hatched, then she would be able to mark the place she was at and know what area they live in. This could really help her in the long run. She walked over to Taylor to see what the shiny egg looked like so then she could spot it in the future.

Evan also looked at the pictures. Then he stuffed his prize money into his pocket, clipped the badge into a badge case, and showed Sera the TM.

‘I got another one!’

Evan suddenly envisioned a huge cuddle puddle of Eevee. His mind began to wander from the research and towards evolution stones.

‘Hey guys, I’m pretty sure there is a small mine here in Pewter where they let trainers dig up an item each! Some people have even found rare fossils and evolution stones!’

"Cool. So I take it that you like shiny pokemon and are wearing a lab coat. Does this mean you are pokemon researcher?" Sky handed her the photos. "There are also some good shots of them from when they hatched. We should stop by my parents farm before we leave. We have many pokemon that are not originally from around here."

Last edited:
"Yes, I am. I study shiny pokemon. One day I want to be a Pokemon Professor, but I have to be a researcher first," Sera replied, "I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Sera Pine." Sera placed Jessi on the floor to see the photos. She smiled at the idea of seeing pokemon not from Kanto.

"You know my mom told me that I was welcome to use some of the fields to hold the pokemon I catch. I am sure she will let you guys store some there as well. If you are looking for a place to study pokemon like in the wild it would be just as nice as some of the artificial places professors." Sky leaned down and held his arm out to Jessi. She climbed up to his shoulder as he stood up.

Last edited:
Evan shrugged and looked to Sera. He was fine with observing the Pokémon at the ranch, but Sera was the expert.

‘Hey, guys, I need to heal at the Pokémon center. Gible got pretty hurt...’

"Why don't we all go. It is along the way." They make their way to poke center where Evan heals his pokemon. Then their group set out on their way to Sky's home. When they reached the gates Evan and Sera see rolling fields of hills with a backdrop of mt. Moon. "Here we are guys the entrance to my home." In the fields they see large groups of pokemon. There are pokemon from most of the regions. They saw some alolan pokemon playing with their Kanto versions.

Last edited:
(Be careful. What you’ve just done is called autoing, which is against PokéCharms rules.)

Renz looked at the Alolan Pokémon. They reminded him of home. He watched as an Alola meowth slunk towards the group standing by the fence. Gible was sitting beside him and waved cheerfully at it.

(Sorry about that. I am used to doing this with friends through texts and this is the first on a site like this. I will try to be more careful of this in the future.)
"Evan I think your Gible is really cute." Taylor leaned down to pet him.

Last edited:
(I suggest you review the rules.)

Gible looked up to Sky. He LOVED attention. Meanwhile, the Alolan meowth leapt onto the fence, and began begging for attention from Sky as well.

Sera looked at the Alolan forms. She didn't know what their shinies looked like, but she was pretty sure the Meowth with the blue gem wasn't a shiny due to the fact there were so many that looked like that. She knelt down to pet the silver cat, much to Sparky's displeasure. "So are all of the pokemon here Alolan forms? I've read about them, but I have never seen them before due to me living in Sinnoh."

(I will look in on them. I need to read them a few more times to get them in my brain. I just found this site yesterday and thought it might be fun do a rp like this.)
Sky pet gible then called over to the meowth. "Hey there little guy." Sky bent down as the alolan meowth ran into his arms. "I missed you too. Have you been good while I was gone?" The meowth looked down a little guilty. "I am sure you are real sorry for what you have done. Now why dont you go run and play with Jessi and Jacks while I go see mom and introduce her to my new friends." "No not all of them are. Some come from many different regions. These pokemon were all rescued from abusive trainer and my parents take them in and treat them back to health.and then they release them some love it here and want to stay even after they are fully healed."

Last edited:
Sera frowned. The Meowth ran away from her. Sparky had a smug look on his face while Lass nuzzles Sera's arm. Sera smiles at the purple Nidoran female and scratched her head. She then stood up and looked at Taylor and asked, "Should I send Sparky with them? Lass can stay in my bag and be fine, but Sparky..." She looked down at the little lynx-pokemon, "If your mother doesn't like pokemon in the house, he would be better off out here."

Status
Not open for further replies.