• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kanto RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
(OOC: You gave a one-liner. Maybe add some of his thoughts.)
"I know. It can be hard to tell sometimes. There are actually two Nidorans, the male version and the female version. You caught the male variant. You can tell by how meaner they look." She explained. "Hey! I know! I should look for a Nidoran myself, but catch the female version. Not going to guarantee that I keep it on my team, but I might as well show you." She said, turning to go get a Nidoran female. Although, she didn't have the Shiny Charm near her. She wouldn't release some incense until she was farther out, with the Shiny Charm near her. She wouldn't waste any on regular pokemon.

(Sorry, I was in a bit of a rush, fixed it.)
(The shiny charm should work for both of us as long as we are relatively close to each other.)

Evan followed her as she began to search. He was pretty sure it would take a minute or two to find a Nidoran, so he fiddled with his PokéDex and took pictures of some of the different Pokémon on the Route. He called Nidoran back out so he could snap a picture of that as well.

‘It stiffens its ears to sense danger. The larger it’s horns, the more powerful the secreted venom.’

‘Nido. Nido Nidoran, nidodododo’

Ceasar growled. Gible leapt down and attacked. He had bragged himself into a battle rage. He slashed at Nidoran with a Scratch, but Nidoran countered by blocking with his horn. Gible poked his hand on the tip of the horn. Purple energy swirled around Gible and he growled in pain.

‘Hey, Gible! No fighting. Return!’

He returned Gible and Ceasar to their Pokéballs.

Last edited:
Ajax was woken up by a loud rumbling sound, he slowly sat up and felt his stomach protesting in hunger. ' I need to get some food, now that I think about it I saw a restaurant on my way here, let's go there.' he thought. Ajax swung his feet to the side and placed them on the ground where he slowly stood and stretched his hulking figure.

(OOC: I'll let you decide if the second Nidoran is a male or female. I'm not going to go overboard with the shinies, they are meant to be rare.)
Sera walked through the grass avoiding any Pidgeys and Ratata. She eventually found a purple Nidoran, but she could tell it was a male due to its spiky body. She pointed it out to Evan. "See, that's what a male usually looks like." She whispered to him. She continued to look for a female Nidoran until she found one eating some grass. I was a blue color, meaning it wasn't shiny, but she decided to watch it for a bit, before trying to catch it. Female Nidorans were usually much more docile than their male counterparts. As she waited, another Nidoran walked up to the one she was watching. This one was purple.

(This is the only shiny Evan is going to catch. Shiny Nidoking is my boi.)

He followed Sera as she searched, and laid on his stomach in the grass when they saw the female Nidoran. A flock of Spearow was flying overhead, and the sun shined brightly in the late afternoon. A light wind had sprung up, and the trees rustled. A little way away the entrance to Indigo Plateau and the Pokémon league could be seen. Evan wondered if he would ever make it there...

The female Nidoran faced around towards the approaching male. Evan wondered what was about to happen.

‘Hey Sera, whadda ya think? Are they friends?’

"Maybe, they could be siblings for all I know. Male Nidorans aren't really known to be aggressive, they just will fight instead of run, if provoked. I have a feeling that they are close, though." Sera said quietly, trying not to scare the two Nidorans away.
The female Nidoran sniffed the male and gave a cry of happiness. She then moved over to let the male Nidoran to eat some of the grass, while she watched and waited for him to get through. Sera noticed a well hidden small burrow in the ground. "I think they are mates." She whispered. She wasn't going to take a Nidoran with a family away. "I'm going to find a different one." She whispered to Evan

Evan gave a thumbs up, and scooted back quietly. He needed to go back to the Pokémon center, since both of his Pokémon were hurt, and Gible was poisoned.

‘Hey, I need to go to the Pokémon center real fast! I’ll be back in a few minutes!’

Evan walked off towards the center. On the way he passed a bulky figure. He looked really strong. He continued until he reached the center, and brought his Pokémon to Nurse Joy. He thanked her for healing them and walked back towards Route 22.

(OOC: Vade=go in Latin)
Sera nodded to Evan as he left. She went to stalk in the grass some more, looking for a female Nidoran to catch. She would catch one, even if it wasn't shiny, but a purple female Nidoran was preferred. She encountered a Spearow, a small bird that wanted to fight. She decided to fight back since the bird would chase her down if she didn't. "Vade, Sparky!" She yelled as the fight begun. "Sparky, Spark!" Sparky ran to the bird, then jumped up to hit it. The Spearow couldn't dodge in time, so he got hit.

Evan was on his way back when he saw a flash of yellow light, and the sounds of a battle. He rushed back towards where he had last seen Sera. She was a short distance away, battling a Spearow.

‘Hey, are you gonna catch that? If not I’ll have Ceasar use Poison sting!’

He released Ceasar from his Pokéball, ready to battle.

Ajax watched as a person ran past him and into the Pokémon center, he was a few years younger than him but couldn't get a detailed look as it looked like he was rushing.
Ajax walked past the center and Into the bustling restaurant beside it, as he ducked his head beneath the door frame the once loud room turned stone cold silent. He walked to an empty four person table ignoring the stares and whispers, he took off his bag and sat down, ignoring the groaning chair he read the menu waiting for someone to take his order.

‘Ceasar! Poison Sting!’

Ceasar fired off multiple Poison stings towards the Spearow, most hitting, and also poisoning it.

‘Nice hit! Keep it up!’

Spearow took to the sky and used gust to hit both of the Pokémon. It hit Ceasar for a small amount of damage.

‘Alright! Gible, come out and finish it off with Dragon Rage!’

Gible appeared and fired off the Dragon Rage, impacting and hopefully fainting the Spearow.

Sparky was blown back from the gust. "Sparky! Come back." Sparky came back to Sera, but by the time he got there, the Spearow had fainted. "Wow, that was something. Hey, we should continue looking for that female Nidoran." She said as she picked up some of the things that blew out of her bag. A small purple Nidoran helped her to pick things up. "Nido!" She cried. Sera looked down at the small helpful pokemon. "AWW!" she said. However, she wouldn't catch her unless she was sure that the small pokemon doesn't have much to lose here.

‘That Nidoran looks nice, are you going to catch it?’
Evan quiried.

He returned Ceasar to his Pokéball, but left Gible out.

‘It’s getting kinda late, we might wanna wait until tomorrow to go towards Viridian Forest.’

After a couple of minutes waiting, a young lady walks over to Ajax and asked what he wanted, as Ajax looked up he noticed she stood still and was slightly shaking, her eyes glowed with scared emotions. Ajax's arm slowly raised and made its way towards her, as his arm loomed it's way towards her, Ajax grasped the notebook in her hands, along with the pen and brought his arm back in front of him. Ajax started to write something and slid the notebook back towards her when he finished, on the paper was wrote, 4 large cheeseburgers, no pickles, 4 fries, and 2 chocolate shake.

"Only if she doesn't have a family," she replied. Sera looked down at the Shiny Nidoran. "So do you have a family?" She asked. The purple pokemon lowered her head and gave a small cry of despair. She then looked at Sera with sad eyes. "I'm going to take that as a no. So, do you want to come with me?" The rabbit-like pokemon's ears perked up. "Nido! Nido!" She shouted. Sera laughed and tossed a pokeball at the female Nidoran. One shake, two shakes, three shakes. Caught! Sera smiled as she picked up the pokeball. "I'm going to call you, Lass." she said before tucking the orb away.

‘Congrats! Two shinies in just half an hour? This Shiny Charm works really well! I suggest we head back into town now, do you have a place to stay?’

Evan took one last look around, then prepared to walk back to Viridian City.

Gible ran in circles around his feet, then suddenly dropped asleep.

‘Oh, Gible,’ Evan sighed. He picked up the sleeping Pokémon in his arms and began to walk towards town.

After waiting for ten minutes the waitress comes back with his food and places the plates on to the table and quickly scuttled off, after watching her leave Ajax started to tuck in to the first burger, relishing it's taste and he quickly ate the first before eating the second at a much slower pace.

"Unfountly no. I only have one sleeping bag. Anyway, the Center has better sleeping conditions anyways." Sera answered. Sparky yawned and Sera smiled. "Oh, Sparky. Do you want to go back inside the pokeball?" Sparky nodded and Sera recalled the sleepy Shinx. She turned to leave Route 22 and went to the Center to sleep there for the night.

‘Alright! See you tomorrow!’

Evan waved goodbye and walked to his house. His mom was home now and they ate dinner together. As Evan walked towards his room his mom called after him, saying,

‘Good luck on your journey sweetie!’

‘Thanks mom. Good night!’

Evan went to bed and got a good night’s sleep, and woke up refreshed and ready to go.

misterhipster

Previously squidiot
After a fruitless attempt to find a trainer, Rachel decided to call it a day and head back to Fuchsia City. When she arrived, it had turned to dusk and she exhaled, adjusting her cap before walking up to the Pokemon Center. Surprisingly, the usually packed building only had a few people lingering, waiting for their healing Pokémon after a long day of battling, and she cracked a small smile.
She sat down on a cushiony seat and skeptically picked up a tabloid. It didn’t really satisfy her, so she decided to let her Vulpix out. Softly under handing her Pokeball to the carpet, the creature exploded out of the ball in a flash of light. Rachel received her Pokeball and called for her Vulpix. “Here, girl!” Rachel patted the seat with her hand. “Here, Reef!” Reef trotted over, and hopped up onto the seat next to her trainer. Soon after Rachel let out Reef, Nurse Joy called her name. “Your turn, ma’am!” Rachel mumbled something under her breath and walked up to the desk. “I’d like to book a room for tonight.” Nurse Joy nodded. “Yes! Right this way!” She led the Vulpix and Rachel to the available room. “Feel free to call room service for food or anything!” Nurse Joy bowed politely, leaving the room.
Returning Vulpix to her Pokeball, Rachel decided to skip food for tonight and hit the hay. She decided she’d find a trainer second thing tomorrow morning, after eating breakfast.

Ajax awoke at 6am and climbed out of his tent, after packing he hooked his bag over his shoulder and set off into the veridian forest, the forest was filled with bug Pokémon and the chirps of bird Pokémon after an hour he reached a small watering hole and sat down for a drink.

(No Shinies until after the second gym for us @RenzFlintrock )
Sera woke up with Sparky sleeping right next to her. She smiled at the little sleepy cat and got ready. When she got done Sparky was ready as well. She entered the lobby and feed all of her pokemon. She could see the jealous look of other trainers when she showed that she had three shinies. he let out a sigh and ignored them. They didn't understand how lucky she had gotten to this point. She had a feeling that she wouldn't see any shinies until much later.

misterhipster

Previously squidiot
Early in the morning, Rachel awoke to her 6:00 AM alarm. Rubbing her eyes, she drank the water bottle on her bedside table and got up, making sure to tidy the bed before she left. Rachel opened the curtains and the window, and breathed in the fresh morning air. She changed into a striped tee with black leggings and a denim jacket. Shitting the window, Rachel put on her cap and shoes and went downstairs for some breakfast.
Rachel let out all her Pokemon to eat breakfast, ordering herself french toast fruit, and orange juice, and ordering her Pokemon healthy Pokemon food with Oran Berries, Pecha Berries, Rawst Berries, and Cheri Berries.
After Rachel, Cahira, her Lucario, was the first one to finish. And everyone else finished their food soon after. After paying the bill, Rachel went outside to find someone to battle her Pokemon, and if she was extra lucky she could have a four-on-four Pokemon battle. Rachel didn’t want to get her fifth gym badge quite yet, so she rode her bike back to Celadon City, where she though it’d be packed with trainers.

Evan stretched and yawned. He grabbed his bag, went downstairs and ate breakfast. He went over the Pokémon center to meet Sera. She and her Pokémon were in the lobby. He waved as he entered.

‘You ready to go? Viridian forest is supposed to be filled with grass and bug types. Our Nidorans should do fine against the Pokémon there.’

Sera nodded. She recalled all of her pokemon except for Sparky and Lass. Lass was inside of Sera's bag due to her liking to be in there, and Sparky always was outside the pokeball. Sera didn't mid Lass staying inside of her bag as long as she didn't ruin it. She went to Viridian Forest after passing through Route 3. After entering the place, it became eerily dark. Lass duck her head inside of the bag and Sparky stood real close to Sera.

Evan listened to the wind rustling through the leaves. There was a faint buzzing in the air, and Evan looked around for the source.

There was rustling in the knee high grass, as small Pokémon ran or crawled about.

Evan was getting an eerie feeling as well, when suddenly something jumped from behind a tree! Oh, phew, it was only a 5 year old with a net.

‘Hey you, battle me! My Pokémon are really tough!’

The toddler yelled. Renz shrugged and sent out Ceasar. The Bug catcher pulled out a Pokéball and sent out a Kakuna.

‘Ceasar, use Poison Sting!’

‘Kakuna, Harden!’

As Ceasar shot poisonous barbs at Kakuna, it glowed with a bright sheen and deflected the barbs.

‘Ceasar, Double Kick!’

‘Kakuna, Harden!’

Ceasar rushed forward and kicked Kakuna, who took very little damage as it continued to harden.

‘Try a Peck, Ceasar!’

‘Kakuna, Harden once more!’

The Peck dealt some damage, but the battle was still not going well. Ceasar continued hammering at Kakuna’s defenses, but eventually he got tired. Ceasar panted for a moment, but was Tackled by Kakuna. Ceasar spun around quickly, and fired a Poison Sting and fainted it.

Evan and the Bug Catcher recalled their Pokémon.

‘Good battle, mister!’ Said the bug catcher as he ran off. As the duo continued down the Route, a few things came into view at one time: a trainer on a bike, a Giant brown bear like Pokémon, a tree falling into the path after being pushed by the bear, and a swarm of Combee coming out of a hollow in the tree, buzzing mad.

"What a rare sight!" Sera said as she entered a crouching position. Sera edged closer to the Combee and the Ursaring. "These two are a rare sight in Kanto." She whispered as she Lass gave the camera to Sera. She took a picture of the sight, with the flash off, not to disturb the wild pokemon. She paid no attention to the trainer on the bike.

misterhipster

Previously squidiot
Rachel saw a duo right down the path. When she was about 5 feet in front of them, she stopped. Just then, a bear Pokemon shoved down a tree in front of her, and as if on cue, a swarm of Combee flew around the area angrily.
Rachel took her bike and backed up. She wanted to try and scare the Combee into another nest. “Gust!” She yelled as she sent out her Pokemon, Fearow. With his large and magnificent wings, he gusted the Combee away from the trainers. She turned to the Ursaring. “Don’t be a jerk.” Rachel scowled to the Pokemon. Ursaring scowled back. “Ursa..” Rachel looked at her Fearow. “Soleil! Use Wing Attack!” The Ursaring was surprisingly not expecting an attack, and it hit critically. This angered the Pokemon. “URSARING!”

(@squidiot you fainted all the Combee)

The Ursaring took the hit, then retaliated with Counter, dealing 2X the damage it just took. A moment later a ball of purple energy slammed into its back and knocked it down.

Ursaring leapt up and used Uproar, hitting all nearby trainers and Pokémon.

"Stop!" She shouted. "This is normal behavior for Ursarings! If you don't he'll get even angrier!" She glared at the female trainer. Sera recalled that Ursarings had an aggression level of ten, meaning that they could and would chase people down. Now that it was attacked, he would have to be fainted. The purple female Nidoran jumped out of the bag and used Double Kick. Sera was shocked. Lass learned a new move.

‘Gible, fire another Dragon Rage!’

The attack impacted again, and this Ursaring must be pretty high level to have survived this much damage.

Ursaring used Uproar again, hurting everyone’s ears.

misterhipster

Previously squidiot
Rachel let out the rest of her team. “Cahira! Use Bruck Break! Strike, Bite!” The two Pokemon nodded, Cahira distracting the Ursaring with Brick Break, while the huge snake snuck up on the Ursaring. “Reef! Use Ember, and Soleil use Gust!”
‘If I attack all at once,’ Rachel thought, ‘I can faint it quicker.’

At the impact of all these attacks, the Ursaring fell to the ground, fainted.

‘Thanks for helping us with that Ursaring, I’m Evan.’

Evan told this trainer. She had some pretty cool Pokémon, but her Fearow had taken a lot of damage.

‘Here, take this potion to help heal your Fearow.’

Sera nodded in thanks. She wouldn't say her name unless she was asked. She had enough trouble with trainers laughing at her goals and some even trying to solve her question for her. Lass hoped back into the bag. The purple female Nidoran looked happy that she could help her trainer.

misterhipster

Previously squidiot
Rachel smiled. “Thank you. My name is Rachel.” She took the potion and sprayed it on Fearow, and then she returned the healing Pokemon, as well as all the other Pokemon. Rachel turned to the other trainer. “What’s your name?” She held out her hand so the other trainer could shake it.

"I am Sera, future pokemon professor! Man I really need to stop saying that so loudly."Sera said as she took Rachel's hand to shake it. "The Nidoran in my bag is Lass and the Shinx beside me is Sparky." She continued. SHe was ready to explain what she was trying to research, just in case she was curious. But she wasn't going to blabber about it, just in case she also looked down at what she was researching.

Status
Not open for further replies.