• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kanto RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geo glared at Jason. He was getting kind of tensed up now that there were tons of people here. He was also a bit angry that he was in a bad move. So what does he do? Make is even worse!

"What do you want here? Just say, 'excuse me,' and we'd move. You don't have to be a grouch about it. Why do you want to see the lab anyway?" He turned to Mia, and said, "Play with my Oshawott all you want. He's always happy to be played with!"

TomThePokemonTrainer

Previously BlueBlue
Tom heard Howa but wanted to stay a little longer but it wasn't his business so he headed back towards his fathers coffee shop "My dad's coffee shop has milk from every region so I heard" Tom said happily

Last edited:
"MILK!?? Actually i hate milk don't count me in. I'll just go and battle wild pokemon." Then Tepig notices the oshawott and starts acting weirdly "Tepig what's going on? It's just another pokemon from unova.".

Last edited:

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Atlas groaned as he turned to everyone. "Umm... I'm just gonna deliver my package..." Atlas turned and walked towards the buiding as Indominus followed. "Should we really leave them behind." "Indominus... the Professor asked for this package to be delivered. We don't want to be late."

((Hey, I'm new, and this is my first rp, so bare with me
Name: Layne
Appearance: Layne is pale with long orange hair and blue eyes. She normally wears a light yellow t-shirt, dark blue jeans, a lavender jacket which is normally tied around her waist, and her bag, which is dark blue
Pokemon Team: Vivi(Female Alolan Vulpix) and Roxy(Female Rockruff)
# of Badges: 0
Hometown: Konikoni City, Alola
Starter: Sighing, the orange haired girl watched as light flooded her room, she covered her head with her blanket, felling a nudge on her shoulder, and a paw on her leg. Those were caused by her Pokemon, Vivi and Roxy.
"Vul, vulpix pix!" Vivi cried, cuddling her trainer's shoulder.
"Good morning, Vivi, good morning Roxy, and Alola Kanto." The orange haired girl proceeded to get dressed in her normal attire, before walking outside, staring into the sky. "So this is Cerulean city, huh?"

"Let me help! I've got nothing going on!" Geo exclaimed. "I'll do anything for a friend!" The Oshawott nodded. It seems he likes Atlas and Indominous.

Tepig acted very aggressively to the oshawott "tePIG pig pig!" Max replied "Tepig stop bugging the oshawott it did nothing wrong to you!"

"But but it's an oshawott, my mortal enemy!" (By the way only Atlas heard tepig say that, everyone else heard "Tepig tepig tepiiig!!!")

(Jekis can our starters be like mortal enemies? Also two things: should i make a discord for this rp and here's Max's trainer card https://pokecharms.com/trainer-cards/max.481597/)

Last edited:
(ok this is one of my first roleplays on here so sorry if I am bad)

Name: Kayden
Appearance: Red hair with dreads, light skin, Black eyes, wears a red long sleeve jacket and white shorts
Pokémon Team: Treecko ( Level 10, Nickname is Trey ) Riolu ( Level 11, Nickname is Ronny)
Amount of Badges: 0 (New in Kanto)
Hometown: Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh
Starter: He had just got off the airplane from Sinnoh, nervous. His pokemon, Trey and Ronny, Cheered him up.
" Hey, Kayden, its alright. Have confidence in yourself" Trey said
( I cant hear pokemon but my empathy can help me guess what they are saying)
"What he said!" Ronny exclaimed.
As he gained some confidence, he went and asked some one:
" Where is the Professors Lab?"
" To The Professor's Lab is right up ahead."
"Thanks" Kayden said.

Last edited:
As Kayden walked to the Professors Lab, he found a crowd of trainers talking. He talked to Geo. "Hello! I'm Kayden and I'm from Twinleaf Town. um... what's with the large crowd?"

Last edited:
Answering to Kayden randomly "Basically we all have things to do here like Geo lives here, Atlas needs to deliver a parcel to Professor Oak and so on" Tepig slowly crept to Kayden tried to jump on him. The result was a bruised bottom. Max walked over to Kayden "I guess tepig likes you."

Last edited:
"That makes sense," Kayden said "Is that your Tepig? I've never seen a starter from Unova." As he was amazed, his pokemon, Trey and Ryan, hopped out of his pokeballs. Trey looked at Tepig suspiciously while Ronny was telling Kayden to go into the professor's lab.
"C'mon!" Ronny exclaimed.
Kayden nodded.

Last edited:
"Hey Kayden wanna battle after? Or how about we catch some new pokemon?" Tepig seemed to enjoy that idea. "Also I've never seen a starter from Hoenn before. By the way I live here, I obtained tepig on my birthday, not as a starter."

"How about we do both?" Kayden answered, "I've never battled a pokemon trainer from a different region, and I really want to catch some pokemon from Kanto." As Trey heard this, he was fired up.
"Alright Kayden! Let's battle this Pokémon trainer and show them what we got!" Trey exclaimed.
"Ok. Trey wants to battle right away"

(This is my first RP so please bear with me)

Name: Evan

Appearance: Tan skin, Blue eyes, Black hair,
Usually wears a V-Neck T-Shirt and Jeans.
Has a black backpack with the mega-evolution symbol on it and a wristwatch with a Pokémon Shuffle style Dialga head.

Pokémon Team: Gible (lvl 12)

Hometown: Malie City

Evan had moved recently from Malie City in Alola to Viridian City in Kanto, so his Mom suggested that he go over to Pallet town where there were likely to be trainers his age getting their first Pokémon.

When he arrived in Pallet town he looked around. There were a LOT of people there,
and he looked down to Gible for comfort. Gible was snoring. Evan sighed and picked him up, then went towards one of the crowds.

misterhipster

Previously squidiot
In order to sign up, you must create a character of your own.

Name: Rachel Roy

Appearance: (must include hair color, eye color, skin tone, and an idea of clothing) Rachel has mid-length brown tresses that she usually keeps up in a ponytail. She recently put a highlight of pink into her hair. Rachel has crystal blue eyes, and long natural eyelashes. She has fair skin with freckles dotted on her nose and cheeks. Rachel usually wears plain outfits, like jeans and a t-shirt, or t-shirts and leggings. She has a Pikachu cap that is almost always on her head, and another accessory type thing is her backpack. Her backpack has blue stripes and three pouches. Rachel is 5’6”, which is a nice height in her own opinion.

Pokémon Team: Cahira (Lucario), Reef (Vulpix), Soleil (Fearow), and Strike (Arbok)

# of Badges: 4 so far.

Hometown: (place where your character was born, doesn’t have to be in Kanto) She had a traveling family, the place she wanted to start out in was Kanto, though.

Starter: (your character doing something in roleplay)

Rachel looked around at her surroundings. It’s been awhile since she stepped foot into Fuchsia City, and she was slightly bewildered by the changes it went through. She breathed in the crisp air, and kept walking.

Rachel, after awhile, got uninterested with watching other pokémon and their trainers train and go about their day, so she wanted someone to battle.

Arising from the bench she rested on, she decided to check out the forest, because they were usually packed with pokémon trainers willing to battle.

Last edited:
As Evan walked he thought 'If these people are Pokémon trainers, a good conversation starter would be something to do with Pokémon.' He reached a group and asked 'Do any of you know a good place to catch Pokémon around here?'

Then, hearing the sound of voices, Gible woke up, jumped out of Evan's arms and started running around, looking at everything. 'Gib gible gible gible gib!' 'Come on Gible, stop it!' Evan said. Gible looked sulky and walked back over to Evan.

Max sent out his tepig "Tepig use ember!" Trey was badly injured and burnt, what could it do now? "YASSSSS I'm winning my first battle!! (directed at Evan) Oh hey I'll tell you the pokemon you can catch after my battle."

Evan replied ‘Okay, Thanks!’

Meanwhile, Gible was watching the battle curiously. ‘Gib?’ Evan asked ‘Do you wanna battle like that?’ Gible nodded and looked excited.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
AHEM.

megamonsta2: What you just did is called autoing, and it is entirely disallowed under our RP forum rules.

You are NOT allowed to control another person's characters or make decisions regarding another person's character without said person's permission. You can launch an attack towards an opponent, but you don't get to determine if the attack hit - that's up to the RPer whose character you attacked. Forcing hits is autoing.

I advise that you read our rules again and brush up on what is and isn't allowed - and I'd advise anyone else to do the same.

While Evan was waiting for the battle to be finished, Gible perked up. Gible ran towards a nearby patch of grass and as he got close, a Pokémon flew out!

Evan saw the Pokémon and said ‘Alright! A Pidgey! Alright Gible, use Dragon Rage!’

E892E83A-43AA-4435-9784-40011B25B853.jpeg

The Dragon Rage missed, and the Pidgey went in for a Tackle. The impact pushed Gible back a bit, then Gible launched a Dragon Rage right to its face.

‘Aw man, it fainted!’ groaned Evan. He put the pokéball that he had readied back in his bag and turned back to the battle between the two trainers.

Noticing the smart move by the Treecko and its trainer, Evan applauded.

‘Nice move! It’s still not very effective, but at least you could heal some damage!’

Then he pulled out his PokéDex and snapped pictures of both Tepig and Treecko:

Treecko, the Wood Gecko Pokémon.

Treecko is cool, calm, and collected—it never panicks in any situation. If a bigger foe were to glare at this Pokémon, it would glare right back without conceding an inch of ground.

Tepig, the Fire Pig Pokémon

It can deftly dodge it’s foes attacks while shooting fireballs from its nose. It roasts berries before eating them.

‘Hm. This could be a tough battle...’ Evan thought.

Tepig was barely scratched by the treecko's absorb then he attacked with another ember. "C'mon tepig, we need to win our first battle." "Teeeeepig!" he replied, determined to beat Trey.

misterhipster

Previously squidiot
Rachel kept looking around for a trainer to test her skills on. She hasn’t battled another trainer in about three weeks so she wants to see if she’s improved, especially after Soleil’s unexpected evolution.
Eventually, she came across a pair of trainers battling, so she stood a distance from the pokémon so she wouldn’t get hurt and watched.

Evan thought he might look around for more Pokémon while waiting, so he turned and walked back towards Route 1. There was a girl there, and she looked pretty strong so he decided not to challenge her to a battle. As he walked towards the Route, Gible sniffed around in front until:

‘Kakuuuuna!’

A Pokémon hung itself down from a string attached to a tree, and it glared angrily at Gible. It began to glow, and out of the shell came a striped, GIANT, green and black striped Wasp! The Beedrill lunged at Gible with a Rage attack. Gible reeled under the blow and shook its head in pain.

‘Gible! Dragon Rage!’

Gible fired of the attack, hitting but not fainting the Beedrill. This made it even madder, and it lunged with another Rage attack and fainted Gible.

‘Oh no. Gible! HELP!’

Trey saw that the Tepig was barely damaged. Kayden sighed.
"Alright Trey! We got this battle. We have trained so much! So let's show them what we can do!"
Trey started to have a white silhouette as he evolved into a Grovyle!
Kayden as amused.
"Trey! use Fury Cutter!"

Name: Rin Okawa
Appearance: Rin is a pale, short kid who has short, cropped black hair and dark brown eyes. He usually wears a pair of fingerless red gloves, blue shorts and a green and white striped T-Shirt. He has a pair of thick black framed glasses. He also has a gold bag, on which you can attach Pokéballs on the straps.
Pokemon Team: Nex (Male Shuckle S) and Tory(Female Litwick)
# of Badges: 0
Hometown: Ecruteak City, Johto
Starter: "Come on, Pallet Town can't be that far away." Ran groaned, lying lazily on the back of Sonic, his father's Salamence, with his shiny Shuckle, Nex, next to him. "I mean, Salamance are one of the fastest Pokémon out there!" Nex looked down disapprovingly at his trainer, before prodding him with his front limb.

"Shu-Shuckle." Nex said. Rin finally sat up, patting down his messed-up hair. "Yeah, Nex?" He asked. Nex pointed off into the distance. A small town slowly came into view on the horizon. Rin perked up, squinting.

"Yeah, finally!" Rin cheered. Unfortunately, he let go of the strap that bound him to Sonic, causing him to slowly slip off of the back of the Salamance. "Woa-Woah!" Rin yelped, as he slid off the dragon. Suddenly, he let go, and started free falling towards Route 1.

"AIEEEE!" Rin screamed as he fell. Nex and Sonic looked down in horror, before quickly swooping down to save Nex's Trainer, and Sonic's Trainer's son.

Name: Sera Pine
Appearance: Brown hair in a ponytail, Green eyes, pale skin, light blue tee, light blue jeans, white coat, resembling that of a scientist. A necklace with a star pendant. A light brown messenger bag that she carries all of her equipment in.
Pokémon Team: S Mareep (Mary) F, Shinx M (Sparky)
# of Badges:0
Hometown: Sandgem Town, Sinnoh
Other: She is studying on how shinies are born shiny. Wants to be a pokemon professor
Starter:
Sera got off the plane from Sinnoh. This was her first shot at the professor career. She wanted this job ever since she met Professor Rowen. She already chose her field of research, shinies. She knew she wasn't the only one curious about where they come from, how they were a different color. She knew there was something to gain in this field, not just some fluff, like most professors. SHe wanted to know the answer, but she also craved to start looking for it.
Her partner, Sparky, got out of his pokeball as soon as they got off the plane. "So, how are we going to start? By catching a shiny, r by meeting the professor here?" She asked her partner.
"Shinx!"
"I agree with that, let's go meet this Professor Oak."

Evan scrambled away from the Beedril, returning Gible to his Pokéball. The Beedril advanced on him and he had to run fast to keep away. He managed to jump into a bush without the Beedril seeing him, but the Beedril still patrolled the area nearby, searching for him. He grabbed his empty Pokéball and chucked it at Beedril, but it missed by inches, and Beedril looked sharply in his direction.

Sera went to Professor Oak and exchanged hat they studied. When she said she was studying how shinies a different, Professor Oak gave her a weird look and started to laugh a little. Sera's face heated up and almost turned red. She stormed out of the lab, entering route one. She noticed a green wasp-like pokemon. "Shiny Beedrill!" She thought. She rummaged through her bag, trying to find a quickball that she bought before coming here. "There we go!" She almost shouted. A blue pokeball with two yellow lines making an X mark around the button. She threw it the Beedrill, it should work, due to her first move into this battle. It hit.
One shake, two shakes, three shakes, four shakes BING. Captured! Sera smiled and walked over to the quickball. Sparky smelled a trainer hiding and notified his trainer.
"You can come out now, the big scary Beedrill is gone. Or should I say Ill is gone."

Evan crawled out of the bushes, slightly embarrassed.

‘ Thanks! You saved my behind. I only have one Pokémon so when Beedril fainted him I had to make a run for it... Anyway, thanks for rescuing me! ‘

After thanking the girl, he searched around for the empty Pokéball he had thrown earlier. He found it and turned back to the girl.

‘ My name’s Evan by the way. What kind of Pokéball was that? I don’t think I’ve seen one before. ‘

"I'm Sera Pine, future pokemon professor, and what I caught Ill in was a quickball. If one is used first before you even attack, then it is almost guaranteed capture. I bought a couple before coming here from Sinnoh." She brought out her hand for a handshake. "Now Evan, how would you like to travel with a future professor? I sware my studies makes sense."

‘ Sounds good to me, but I would need to check in with my Mom first... But I live in Viridian City, so I can talk to her there. It’s on the way. Unless you’re surfing to Cinnibar? Anyway nice to meet you, er... what was your name?’

He took out Gible’s Pokéball and was about to send him out when he remembered Gible was fainted.

"Sera Pine, future professor!" She said once more. "I thought I already told you. Anyway, I was headed to Viridian, I mean I'm not doing any gyms. And if you are going to be my traveling companion, you are going to need to know what I do! I study shinies and find out why some pokemon are colored differently. I mean, I can't be the only one who wonders that."

‘Sorry, I guess I’m a bit flustered after that Beedril attack... anyway Sera, I think we should head out... those other trainers are still not finished with their battle, sooo...’

He put Gible’s Pokéball back in his pocket.

"Wait! You said your Gible has fainted. I might have something for that." Sera opened her bag and started to look through it. "Aha! Here it is!" She pulled out a yellow diamond-shaped pill. "Here, give this to your Gible and he should be in fighting condition. It's a revive, I also bought sme before leaving Sinnoh, maybe I bought too many things because now I'm bankrupt after flying here."

Nex strapped two of his front limbs around Sonic's neck. "Alright, Sonic. We gotta make this quick, otherwise..." Nex trailed off. "Use Tailwind, now, and speed up." Nex commanded instead. Sonic summoned a gust of wind that blew him downwards, as he folded his legs in to create a more aerodynamic pose. "Aye Aye, Captain." Sonic said, as he sped downwards. Nex squinted as the wind blew into his eyes. "Wait...wait...wait...use Sky Drop!" Nex commanded, as Sonic sped directly onto Rin and grabbed him with his frontal claws, saving him from sure death. Rin breathed heavily. "Nex, remind me next time to properly adjust my straps before going onto Sonic." Rin breathed. Nex slapped him on the head with his frontal right tentacle. "I DID remind you, you idiot!" Nex reprimanded. Unfortunately, Rin couldn't understand him. Rin looked downwards. He had stopped at around 20 metres above ground, and looked at a Tepig and Grovyle duking it out.

‘Alright, thanks! Here, if you want I can pay you back for it... I think I have some money in my bag...’

He handed her a few hundred Poké ( that’s what I call pokebux) and then pulled out Gible’s Pokéball and released the little shark so he could administer the revive. Gible woke up with a start and looked around.

‘Hey bud! You okay?’

‘Gible!’

"You didn't have to pay me back, I was just doing it out of kindness. Also, you are my traveling companion, so we kinda have to pool our resources. Although I won't be sharing any of my quickballs, they are for shiny catches only! I hope you understand." Sera replied as she pocketed the cash. "I'm still keeping the money though, I'll need it once I find some sort of clue."
Sparky glared at Sera for forgetting about him. "Oh! I almost forgot to introduce you to my partner, Sparky" She said as she lifted the electric cub up.

‘No problem! Anyway I think we sho-‘

Evan was Startled as he saw a rider fall off a Salamance.

‘Oh no! That person is falling! We need to help!’

(OOC: Mareep can learn Cotton guard... )

Status
Not open for further replies.