• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kanto Journeys: The Unbeaten Path Sign ups and Discussion

Dang, we have nine people. I feel like anymore than that and things will get too chaotic. That's just my opinion though.

Also, would we be going in separate groups or all together? Or just solo?

Grouping and things along that lines will be free roam. if certain trainers, want to travel, with just them that is fine, but except paths to cross at certain planned plot pints that I will have set up.

So we could end up with a group of six, and a group of three that travel the same path, but separately, that end up crossing.

Trainer
Name: Ted
Personality: Shy, anti-social. Loves to draw, is kinda a scaredy cat.
Appearance: Short, blond hair. Pale skin, wears a black jacket with a hoodie. Blue jeans, carries a lunchbox (No food)
Backstory: Grew up near the Safari Zone, helping to look after the Pokemon in it. His young sister, who always dreamed of exploring and seeing the world, died due to a tragic illness. Ted decided to fulfill his sister's dream in her memory.

Pokemon
Name: Emily
Species: Pichu
Ability: Static
Apperance: Regular, yellow colored. Wears a cape.
Personality: Adventurous and always looking for something new and exciting to due.
Backstory: Originally his sister's Pokemon, since Ted never owned one, Pichu was given to him once his sister died. Since she never get it a name, Ted named it after his sister to honer her memory. Now Ted's determined to take care of it and travel to every corner of Kanto with it.

Last edited:
Yeah, mainly because I gave plans set up for it.

Also @Godjaco, trainer is accepted, but could you change the Pokémon. We already have someone with a Dratini. And also I think that our characters would probably know each other, due to growing up in Fusica City, and both helping in the Safari Zone.

Just a friendly reminder that we all need to keep posts within third person. I never mentioned it in the rules and implied it, indirectly. So, yeah, third person folks. Now let's get back to Roleplaying!

If you're not full up, I'd be interested, but I understand since you've already got a bunch.

Trainer

Name: Kris Ross

Personality: Loyal to a fault. Usually tackles problems head on. Once Kris has decided a course of action, he usually just powers through no matter how tedious or inefficient it has become. Raised fairly innocent to the world and overly trusting. Strongly dislikes being looked down upon and wastefulness.

Appearance: Short black hair, that is slightly longer on the top where it can actually be styled (though it rarely is). Has a similar build to a swimmer, although a bit leaner than a competitive swimmer would have. Usually dresses very simply with a faded blue quarter zip over tee-shirts and jeans with dark brown boots. Carries a very worn, black, two-pouch backpack.

Backstory: A Cerulean City native, worked in his family's fishing shop. They got by, but were on the poorer side. Getting the money for a couple Pokeballs wasn't easy, but once Kris got them, we made sure they didn't go to waste. Although he never met them, whenever he could, he would watch the Sensational Sisters and Misty's shows and battles trying to learn what he could. When he finally decided to risk it, he fished up a Horsea which promptly ducked his first throw and ran away. Still, ever determined, he cast his rod again and pulled up a Krabby. The Krabby aggressively charged Kris, which actually made the throw much easier. Despite having his first Pokemon, Kris would help out around the the shop for a couple more years before finally setting off on his journey.

Kris managed to make it through Mount Moon relatively unscathed. He hoped to challenge the Pewter City Gym Leader, but his poor Krabby didn't stand a chance. Forest recommended Kris train a bit more near Viridian City and Pallet Town where he might grow stronger.

Pokemon
Name: Kelvin
Species: Krabby
Ability: Sheer Force
Apperance: Just a Krabby
Personality: Playful and overconfident

Trainer

Name: Grace Warden
Personality: Grace doesn't like to talk about herself, and would rather talk about other people. Despite this, she always sticks by her friends, and can usually form bonds easily. She doesn't like being restricted or told what to do, and tends to avoid or change subjects when it directs to her past, simply because she doesn't want to talk about it.
Appearance: Long, brown hair going to the middle of her back with a Caucasian skin complexion. Grace has two, emerald green eyes. She's usually seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt, with a purple open jacket and dark grey jeans and white sneakers.
Backstory: Grace is the daughter of two famous archaeologists from Cinnabar Island, Isaac and Jaina Warden. Despite people thinking that it would be cool growing up with famous parents, Grace hated it, and she almost never saw them. She usually lived by herself, getting the occasional visit from her favorite Uncle from Unova. For her thirteenth birthday, her parents gave her a resurrected Kabuto as a birthday present. Despite this, her parents did not feel she was ready to take on a journey. So, nearly every day, Warden trained her partner. She managed to beat her father's Aerodactyl in a battle, and her parents were then finally satisfied with he rprogress and allowed her to take on her journey.

Pokemon
Name: Poseidon
Species: Kabuto
Ability: Swift Swim
Apperance: A normal Kabuto
Personality: Poseidon is very laid back, and doesn't do much. However, if his trainer is threatened or he's about to have a battle, he's full of adrenaline and fighting spirit.
Backstory: Poseidon was revived from a Dome Fossil by both Professor Wardens, and given to their daughter as a thriteenth birthday present. The two quickly bonded, and have trained together for two years in order to finally travel Kanto.

So I'm just going to mention that There is no possible way to get to Vermilion from Route 1. It's a straight shot to Viridain City. Vermillion is the third gym.