• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kanto Creators!

Please post your character biography at this link.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's the perfect angle!" Abigail shouted to her Pokemon, who were posing by a little dandelion flower.

She zoomed in on the flower, only showing each of her Pokemon's hands. Her egg, however, was secured right onto the sturdy flower of her Venesaur's back. Once she snapped the photo, she looked at it. She thought it was divine, she thought it was perfect, she thought it was everything.

"Awesome job, guys!" she said, running over to her Pokemon and giving them a big hug.

Venesaur engulfed her with it's vines, and so did Ivysaur and Bulbasaur. Charmander hugged her leg, and Charmander climbed atop her shoulders. Suddenly, Venesaur toppled off balance a bit by stepping back, and the egg atop of him wobbled, and shook, before falling. Abigail immediately dove for it, but realized she was way too far to grab it. She couldn't react very quickly, but thankfully somebody had grabbed it before it cracked.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
(Oh. I forget to mention that Kris likes using French words)

"Squirtle, nice catch." A boy said to his partner Pokemon. He walked towards the Water Type with the egg while an Eevee stood by him. The Tiny Turtle Pokemon handed him the egg and turned to look at Abigail. Kris had to kneel to grab the egg gently as Eevee took advantage of hopping onto his shoulder and staying put then Kris turned to Abigail and stood up carefully. "Is this your egg, madame?" He asked.

She smiled shyly at the boy, always very shy towards meeting new people. She took the egg back gingerly, and nodded.

“Yes, this egg belongs to me. Thanks so much, without your help, I wouldn’t be able to save him.” She said, putting a hand on his shoulder. “I’m Abigail King.”

Perhaps the trainers gathered possessed a distinct feeling of being watched- judged maybe- though, most people upon receiving such a feeling would instantly dismiss it as their brain playing a trick on them. A shame, since if anyone did suspect such a thing, they would be right.

"An egg, hmm?" a brunette girl hummed quietly, her maroon eyes focusing on the others with a cold, steely gaze. She was concealed in the leaves of a tree, examining the people and Pokémon that passed by with no knowledge of her presence. The girl's arrogance would lead her to believe that she was expertly hidden, though in reality her lack of discovery was more owed to the fact that no Psychic Pokémon had passed her so far. "Whaddaya think of that, gal? Worth stealin'?"

The Snivy that perched rather comfortably on the girl's shoulder shook its head disapprovingly. The girl, seeing this reaction, laughed and mimicked a squeaky voice, an impression of her Snivy. "'Touko, that's not worth it! Ya need to go for somethin' bigger!' I get what you're sayin', Serpentine, but that's not what the Boss wanted us to do, is it?"

Exasperated at her trainer's tunnel vision (and inaccuracy at interpreting what she meant), Serpentine jumped from Touko's shoulder, and slithered deftly down the trunk of the tree toward the trainers gathered. She began to wind around their legs, squeaking in a rather cute manner in order to attract their attention. A harsh whisper breezed Touko's lips as her Snivy scampered away- "Hey, numskull! You're gonna blow our cover!"

Her annoyance went unheard, however.

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
Nick Wilson had been traveling around the Kanto region for awhile now. He had made into a forest where he heard a lot commotion. He and his Poliwhirl (Poli) had hidden behind a tree, however he didn’t realize his Squirtle was walking right towards the commotion. Squirtle walked up behind a Venusaur and started climbing up its back. “Dang it,” Nick whispered as Squirtle started climbing up the Venusaur’s back.

SaiyanDakon

The boy smiled at Abigail. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Abigail. I am Jean-Marquis de Lafayette.....but, you can call me Kris." He said. The Eevee on his shoulder tilted his head then yawned slightly, becoming bored with the small talk. Squirtle, on the other hand, was interested in Abigail's Pokemon, especially Venusaur.

Abigail took her hand away from his shoulder, her egg more secure.

“Nice to meet you, Kris! Hey, I’m taking some pictures for Professor Oak, the Professor of Pallet Town. Would you like to pose with your Pokémon for me?” Abigail asked.

Venesaur gave Squirtle a wave with his vine, smiling.

SaiyanDakon

"Pose with my Pokemon? Uh.....sure. Why not?" Kris shrugged then whistled slightly to Squirtle. Eevee jumped onto Kris' head then posed onto his head, holding one paw on his head. Squirtle smiled then used Water Gun to launch himself onto Kris' shoulder. He stood on his tail and held the boy's head. Kris grinned and placed his hands on his hips.

Tony silently walked through the streets of pallet town with his hands in his coat pockets. His eyes focused mainly on the road and sometimes on the flowers that brought out the slight beauty to the side of the pavement, soon his gave turned to what appeared to be a photographer about to take a picture of someone, so he turned and walked in a different direction to stay out of their way and decided to look for a place to train his Pokemon.

Blue_Flash4

Nick
Nick silently watched the two trainers talk. He gestured for Squirtle to walk back to him. Squirtle nodded as it slowly walked behind the girl with the camera. Poliwhirl then started to walk off. Nick quickly grabbed Poliwhirl and awaited for Squirtle to return.

While Kris and his Pokemon posed, Venesaur lifted Abigail up, giving her the perfect angle of the trainer and his Pokemon. She clicked a couple, and didn’t even check and delete the photos, just trusted they were okay.

“Awesome! Thanks!” Abigail said.

SaiyanDakon

"No problem, Abigail. You want to become a Pokemon Photographer, I assume? You seem to use your Pokemon to get the best view for a picture." Kris said to her, observing how Venusaur used his vines to lift her. Squirtle hopped off of his shoulder and then hid in his shell from the size of Venusaur. Eevee watched Abigail questioningly from Kris' head.

Bethany was surprised of how much more beautiful Pallet town looked in person than what she initially expected. She arrived to the harbor taking a long ferry ride from Hoenn. She had to get off and on to new boats constantly in her efforts to arrive in the Kanto region. Usually her work consisted of stealing pokemon from her home region in Johto for anyone willing to pay her enough money. Lately however, Beth found that people would pay more for pokemon that are native to different regions. Additionally, she heard from around the black market that Kanto was full of scum willing to pay people to do their villainous fee's for them. That's why she was heading to Kanto in the first place, to meet with a client who was willing to more than make up for her travel fares just to simply meet her in person. That being said she was also able to keep in touch with several of her other buyers through the internet.

She wished that she could bring her pokemon out of their pokeballs to appreciate the view with her, or even to spend time with her at all. But ultimately, she only brings out most of her pokemon when doing dirty work, as to not give her identity away. Beth regrets a lot of her decisions in the business, as no matter how many times she steals or hurts others, she still feels remorse. "The end justifies the means" she would always remind herself. Still, she occasionally dreamt of what it would be like if she lived a normal life where she could be a good person. She took out her only pokemon that was allowed to be with her when not in disuise: her Buizel, Crash. Named after one of her favorite gym leaders from Sinnoh. She hopped off the boat and proceeded to head towards a café where she would meet her client. She had plenty of time to spare, but being early is better than being late.

On her way she came across a peculiar group of trainers. A young man and woman were talking and taking pictures together. "Ah. Young love." Beth thought to herself sarcastically. She noticed that the girl owned a Venasaur which was an incredibly valuable pokemon. Beth hoped that this girl wouldn't become one of her bounties, as she herself doesn't like to steal pokemon without there being an incentive. Somehow, those two were so wrapped up in their bonding over a camera that they failed to recognize a Snivy in the distance, obviously trying to attract attention. Upon further and critical inspection, Beth could faintly make out a figure behind the tree that the Snivy was standing in front of. Beth has been in the stealing business long enough to know a bait when she see's one, she looked at her watch and thought, "Eh, what the hell. I've got time." She greatly enjoyed any downtime she had in between her missions and this looked interesting enough to be entertaining. She walked over to the tree but walked right past it to converse with the stranger behind the tree. "So... What'cha doing here?" She asked charismatically with a smirk on her face. She was surprised to see that this figure turned out to obviously be a girl.

Blue_Flash4

Zen
Zen had been traveling around the region for awhile now. He had been given a mission from Team Rocket to try to steal certain Pokémon. He noticed a person with a Poliwhirl in the distance. He sent out his Staraptor to attack it. Staraptor flew at the Poliwhirl.

Nick
Nick had noticed a Staraptor fly at his Poliwhirl he commanded Poliwhirl to use water gun on Staraptor which it did.

Zen and Nick
The Poliwhirl and Staraptor started battling. Poliwhirl used moves such as Ice Beam and Double Slap On Staraptor. Staraptor used moves such as Brave Bird and Close Combat On Poliwhirl.

“Yeah, taking pictures is my passion. I hope to be a world renowned photographer some day.” Abigail said cheerily, as Venesaur let her down.

She stretched her back out, returning all of her Pokemon, and tightly securing the egg.

“Do you have any goals for the future?” She asked Kris.

SaiyanDakon

"Becoming a Pokemon Professor, like Professor Oak. Though....I like traveling more. I guess I like watching Pokemon battles as well. Just watching them fill me with vigor." Kris said then he turned to Squirtle. He sighed as he watched Squirtle poke his head out of his shell. He, again, went back into it while Eevee tilted his head again. "He's quite shy, actually....not sure why..." Kris said to Abigail.

Last edited:

SaiyanDakon

(My bad. Edidted my post)

Kris glanced at the egg Abigail was holding. "I've studies eggs for a while but....I never saw one hatch. Maybe you should give it to your Charmeleon. An egg does need to get warm in order to hatch." He said.

“I guess that is true, but Charmeleon won’t always be there to hold it when it’s in his Pokeball.” Abigail said. “I’ll always be there to support the egg.”

She looked at Squirtle, hiding in its shell, and stroked the brown shell gently, trying to give it a signal that she wouldn’t hurt it.

SaiyanDakon

The Squirtle poked his head out again to look up at Abigail. He then smiled nervously at the girl. "Huh...he likes you." Kris said then kneeled down to pet the Squirtle's shell.

(@Jakoboi Touko’s in the tree, not behind it)

Taken by surprise, the girl narrowed her eyes and looked down to see another girl who looked older that her looming. From the leaves of the tree, she poked her head out, scowling at the other. “Who’s askin’?” Touko replied, her brow creased with a frown. She really didn’t want to converse at the moment, but... to blend in, she supposed she had to. Serpentine has failed to attract any attention, however, and continued to sqeak at the feet of some nearby trainers.

Beth was initially taken by surprise from the rude nature coming from the girl in the tree. She figured it was somewhat justified considering that Beth kinda dug her nose into something that wasn't her business, but upon hearing a response Beth smiled and withheld a small laugh from coming out. She responded with a dry sense of humor in her tone, "The name's Bethany, police officer in training. Aren't you a little too old to be climbing trees?" She asked trying to restrain herself from laughing.

“I like him too. He’s very cute.” Abigail said with a smile, still petting his shell.

Abigail was debating on wether to take a picture of the turtle Pokemon or not, but decided to leave it be due to his nervousness to her originally. She thought it’d be better to get to know him first.

SaiyanDakon

Squirtle backed away from Abigail then jumped and flipped. The Water Type landed on the ground and said his name twice.

(Like how Squirtle did in Smash Brawl.)

Kris chuckled. "I've never seen him do that before. Quite impressive." He said then Eevee got off of his shoulder and landed next to the Water Type. The Normal Type then turned to Abigail. He turned his head and nudged her leg once he reached her.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Alexander Bane arrived in Kantor, via a helicopter, he exited the chopper and looked around, this place is beautiful, he turned to his father, "right, I'm gonna walk from here dad, just take my luggage to the first venue" he then turned and walked away, his Pokémon behind him and a backpack on his back. Shade strolled behind him, black guitar strung across his back, Crash was walking with Shade, twirling a drum stick in his left hand, Moon was right at Alex's heels and Ginger was poking out of his bag. Alex hummed to himself seeing a pair of trainers, the girl had a camera and an egg, he walked up, "um excuse me, could you point out the way to Palet Town".

Out of a nearby bush, what appeared to be a second Eevee appeared that walked up to Kris' Eevee as the newcomer Eevee began to mimic its mannerisms while it looked on both curiously and adorably at Abigail and company. Before either of the three trainers had time to process this new development....

"Ditto! Ditto where are you!" Dustin called out, as the trainer appeared before Abigail's group with a Pikachu on his shoulder and a blue backpack strapped on. Dustin glanced at the party, then down as he saw not one but two Eevee's and it had not taken him time to put two and two together as he let out a sigh.

"Ditto! What did I tell you about doing this with strangers, you are gonna bug these people." Dustin said in critique, but the "Eevee" that arrived seemed to play dumb and tried to pretend it was Kris' Eevee. Doing a perfect imitation of its mannerisms, which only caused Dustin to sigh in annoyance as he had seen this before and it was always annoying to play this guessing game.

Last edited:
Luke had arrived in Pallet Town by boat and once he landed he looked around. “Interesting. This might actually not be a waste of time. I wonder if any trainers will actually give me some entertainment.” He looked down at his Luxio by his side and smirked and gave it a quick pat and rub on the head and explored the town. He came across a Pokémon lab but ignored it and saw someone talking to a tree and scoffed.

SaiyanDakon

Eevee turned and glared at the other 'Eevee' then sided with Kris. The trainer turned to the other Eevee. "I see what this is now....Come back, Eevee." He said then recalled his own Eevee back into the Pokeball. He smirked at the other Eevee, trying to see what'll happen next.

The "Eevee" that remained had a sweat drop when Kris simply recalled the real one with the Pokeball, as it turned to the disapproving glare of Dustin and the Pikachu on his shoulder as in an instant it transformed back into its Ditto form and moved over by its trainer. Dustin let out a sigh as he faced Dustin and company.

"Apologies, my Ditto here can be a bit of a prankster and sometimes too nosy for its own good." Dustin said as he apologized on behalf of his Ditto which given his tone seemed to have been far from the first time it had done something like this with a group of trainers.

“Oh, sir, you’re in Pallet Town!” Abigail said sheepishly, looking to the man who had spoken first.

Then she turned to the ‘Eevee’ and the man who had walked up to her and Kris.

“It’s quite alright!” Abigail said with a sheepish smile.

SaiyanDakon

"Yeah, that Ditto of yours is quite the prankster but I know my Eevee like I know my food. Can't beat home without it." Kris said, "C'est magnifique. Monsier, pray tell what is your name? I am Kris...and you've met my Eevee and this is Squirtle." The Water Type turned to face Dustin then retreated back into his shell.

Blue_Flash4

Nick had defeated Zen. “Ugh!” Zen said as he ran off. Nick, Poli and Squirtle then turned back to the group of trainers he was watching. There were more trainers then there were before. He returned Squirtle and then continued watching the group.

"Police officer, huh? Sounds... fun." Touko murmured, narrowing her eyes but trying to inject as much false sincerity as possible into her tone. "My name's Tou." the brunette responded, her maroon eyes blazing with desire to just give her full name- the one that people knew, because she was Touko Poppyfrost, the Team Skull kleptomaniac who struck at night- but, Boss had told her to swallow her pride and blend in, as best she could- so, reluctantly, she had to go with that option. "Who are you to judge who can and can't climb trees?"

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Alex spoke up saying "um, I'm Alexander Bane, nice to meet you all." He turned to Abigail, "are you a professional photographer or do you just do it for fun I was just wondering" he pulled his bag from his bag and took out his town map, as he did so a leaflet, for his show in Pewter City, fell from his bag and floated into the air before landing in the grass.

"My name is Dustin, the next Kanto League Champion. And these are my partners Pikachu and Ditto." Dustin said to Kris, as after Alexander introduced himself combined with Kris' question for him he felt it had been natural.

"Pika Pi!"

"Ditto!"

Ditto and Pikachu seemed eager to introduce themselves as they smiled upon the group as Dustin heard mention of one of them being a photographer. Which Dustin found to be cool, as this group only seemed to grow more interesting to him than the usual travelers.

Beth was amused with Touko's feisty attitude, and let out a small chuckle. She was technically right that there was nothing illegal or bad about climbing trees. "Well, Tou. I'm trying to promote safety here and I can't have silly little girls falling out of trees and getting hurt. I'm sure that your Snivy over there wants you to come back, it appears to be trying to get others' attention, maybe that's 'cause it doesn't have yours." Beth was eager to hear a response from this unique girl, but alas, her phone vibrated inside her pocket. She checked it and got a text from an anonymous on a chat-room app that she uses: "I'm already here. The faster we get this over with the better. Don't keep me waiting." A bit too harsh of a tone, Beth thought, but at least this guy was willing to pay. She looked back up at Touko and smiled, "Well I've got some business to attend to, so I'll stop bothering you. Stay out of trouble, Tou." Bethany ceased her pleasant sounding tone and stopped smiling while staring straight into Tou's eyes before giving her final remark, "Or I'll be back."

Bethany turned away and swiftly walked towards her definition before turning a sharp corner. That was one of the first time she's had a decent social conversation with someone in a while. It felt fun, and Bethany enjoyed the freedom of being however nice or mean she wanted too. It was as if she was on the cusp of losing what it meant to be human, before having her emotion restored. Regardless, she had to stop thinking about it to focus on the task at hand. She approached the small Café which seemed like it was half empty. In the corner booth was a man with a rugged beard and bald head. His attire was business casual, he didn't care about his identity being exposed as the meet-up was supposed to go inconspicuously; he already had a mug of coffee in his hand. Bethany sat down in front of him and his expression looked normal as if he was just hanging out with a Colleague for coffee, but his eyes remained focused on Beth. He said no words as if he was waiting for her to say something. The waiter walked up to her and asked what she would like to have, she responded back with "Medium mocha no whip, light sugar." The man across the booth instantly breathed a sigh of relief, that order was the code word to address that this meetup was legit.

He spoke in a calm yet burly manner, "It's been a long time! Great to see you're back!" Beth responded back while smiling, "Yeah, but the ride here wasn't so smooth! Anyways I brought you the gift I promised!" She dove into her bag and took out a medium sized gift wrapped box with a red bow tied across it. Inside were pokeballs that contained all the foreign pokemon that he requested from her. Ranging from rarity, size and strength, this was no easy gift to accumulate. He accepted it and lifted the lid to take a quick peak. He closes it and put the gift in his bag while smiling, "Aww, you're so thoughtful!" The two of them appeared to resemble lovers or perhaps close family. The man looked at his watch and his eyes widened. "Ah shoot! I got to head back to work now! Here just pay for me and yourself, and uh. Get yourself something nice! I'll see you later." He left his wallet on the table and left the Café, leaving Bethany by her lonesome. Bethany quickly scanned the wallet, a single bill that would cover the cost of their drinks, a note with an address on it, and the rest of it was packed with about 5 million pokedollars. Everything was going smoothly and according to plan just the way she liked it. Although, she wished that he would have actually stayed and finished his drink with her.

“I’m not technically a professional, but I have taken photography classes.” Abigail stayed, nodding. “Would you guys like to pose for a picture with your Pokémon?” Abigail asked.

"Oh, that lil' snake gets a lotta attention from me, trust me. And don't call me a 'silly little girl'." she spat, though she enjoyed this light-hearted disagreement with Bethany. The other seemed to make a sort-of threat, and Touko narrowed her eyes, suspicious of the 'mood-whiplash' in the other's seriousness. "Okay," she half laughed, mocking the other slightly- though, it seemed as if she was already out of earshot. Touko pursed her lips, and finally got out of the tree, Serpentine whining after being ignored by a few gathered trainers.

"Hey!!" called the brunette. Gathered were a girl with a camera who seems to be offering some sort of photoshoot and a few boys. "What's up with you lot? Serpentine's been trying to get your attention for like five minutes!"

Ditto glanced over to a Snivy that had been whining for the group's attention since it arrived. With a small, sly grin it used Transform to turn into a perfect duplicate of the Snivy as it began to mimic Serpentine's whines for attention in a playful manner.

"Ditto...." Dustin replied with a stern tone, before he turned over to girl who seemed to question why nobody acknoeldged her Snivy as he offered a shrug and apologetic expression.

"S-sorry, Ditto's been keeping me busy I didn't notice." Dustin said in apology to the new arrival before he glanced over at the photographer who seemed to make an offer for a picture with Pokemon as his Pikachu's eyes seemed to gleam at that.

"Pika! Pika Pika Pi!" Pikachu called out with a smile as the electric rodent seemed eager to take the offer. Dustin turned to Abigail with a sheepish grin.

"I-I guess we'd like it if you are willing...thank you."