• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kanto Creators! (Discussion)

Hi! This is the discussion thread for Kanto Creators!, an RP I am creating! It is about kids, or adults, who go on a Pokemon journey through Kanto to accomplish whatever dreams they can. Anyway, I'll tell you how you can leave your character biography below. Just follow the bolded titles.

Name:

Appearance:

Personality / Backstory:

Pokemon:

Other:

Here's the character I will be playing in my Role-play.

Name: Abigail King

Appearance: Abigail has Short brown hair that flows to gently touch her shoulders. She has big brown eyes, and light skin. She wears a white and orange striped T-shirt with a black open vest, which is very thin. She wears light jeans with ripped jeans. For foot wear, she doesn't wear socks, but orange heels. She wears an orange beret in her hair. On her right wrist is a white bracelet, and on her left is an orange handkerchief. For more of a visual, go to my profile, and look for Abigail's trainer card. She is an average height, and is a little underweight, making her quite skinny. She's finely built. She always has a camera hanging around her neck.

Personality / Backstory: Abigail King is a 20-year-old who enjoys photography, charity work and going to the movies. She is smart and kind, but can also be very cowardly and a bit untidy. She finished school and then left academia.She grew up in a middle class neighborhood. After her father died when she was young, she was raised by her mother.

Pokemon: Egg, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venesaur, Charmander, Charmeleon

Other: Abigail grew up in Kanto, and often helped Professor Oak, who helped her to obtain her Pokemon. She obtained a rare friendship with her Pokemon, who deeply love her as she loves them. Her goal is to be world renowned photographer.

Please do not post your reply without an accepted biography from me, and me only. The link is here.

Last edited:

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Name: Jean-Marquis de Lafayette (Nickname: Kris)

Appearance:
Kris has blue eyes because of his mother but has lightly dark skin and black medium hair because of his father. He wears his dark blue T-shirt with a Pokeball on it but has a small cape strapped around his neck that goes over his shoulder. His blue jeans have a hole in the left leg and on the right but it is on the back. He also wears brown hiking boots and has a belt that he keeps the Pokeballs on. He is averagely built but is about 5 feet and 10 inches tall.

Personality / Backstory:
Kris loves Pokemon to the point where he loves seeing his parents battle it out. He always liked taking care at the age of 11 and has a heart for doing what's right. Often, however, he has a sense of pride in him that takes over and becomes easily offended if it is damaged in anyway.

Pokemon:
Eevee, Squirtle

Other:
Kris was originally born and raised in Kalos for quite a while until he moved with his parents to Kanto at 8 years old. There, he started reading more about Pokemon and their natural abilities. When he becomes old enough, he wants to be a Pokemon Professor.

Name: Dustin Andrews
Appearance: A fair skinned young man of average height for his age, with short black hair and a pair of emerald green eyes. Wears what appears to be an aged dark blue jacket over a plain white t-shirt. Wore a pair of silver jeans along with a pair of white tennis shoes with some black laces.
Personality / Backstory: k A bit of a hot head by nature whose hyperactive personality makes him a bit hard to reign in at times which can lead to many instances of "acting before he thinks" and problems from that. But he is a good hearted individual with a passion for adventure and a strong bond with his Pokemon.
Pokemon: Ditto, Egg, Pikachu
Other: Grew up in Cerulean City and would often visit the Sea Cottage and Bill's Lighthouse north of the city. Grew up with a desire to be a Pokemon Champion and is dead set on making that dream a reality.

so this character is sort of controversial, and sometimes i'm not allowed to play her, but i think it could be interesting if she was a part of the rp.

Name: Touko "Tou" Poppyfrost

Appearance: Touko has pink-brown hair, pale skin and maroon eyes. She has quite a curvy frame, a small nose, and her eyes are strangely absent of any sparkle- except when she is happy. Her hair comes to a few inches below her shoulders. She wears a black tank top, dark grey ripped jeans, and has a Team Skull pendant which she usually hides beneath her tank top.

Personality: Touko is a young member of Team Skull, and has lived under their association her entire life. As a result of her upbringing, she has pretty bad morals, and often doesn't understand that some things she does aren't really morally appropriate. She's very smart and sly, and can weasel her way out of a bad situation, and also moves very quietly- she's stealthy because she has the unfortunate inflection of being a feverish kleptomaniac. She often steals things and can get very tense if she hasn't stolen anything in a while; she enjoys the rush it gives her. Because of her upbringing, she's quite rude and snappy to people she considers to be goody-two-shoes, simply because they annoy her. She has a bit of a foul mouth because of said upbringing, but lately has been working on censoring herself.

Backstory:
Her entire family are Team Skull members, and she descends from Po Town. She has a sort of affinity for stealing because her family was so poor, and as a result moves very quietly. She enjoys venturing out of Po Town to spy and gather information, as well as swiping things. She was sent to Kanto on a mission to steal as many alternate forms of Pokémon as possible.

Pokemon:

Name:
Serpentine
Species: Snivy
History: Touko stole an egg from a Pokémon Daycare, and inside happened to be this Snivy. Serpentine, as Touko named her, became close trusted friends with Touko and became a thief just like her owner.
Personality: Serpentine is sort of neurotic and will panic if anything goes off track.

Name:
Yuri
Species: Ponyta
Personality: Yuri is defiant and sometimes acts of his own accord in battles. He's a really sore loser.

Name: Tony Mercer

Appearance: Very Pale skin as if he rarely went outside, Dark blond hair, Wine red eyes and a somewhat athletic figure. He wears a Charcoal t shirt under a long black coat with a frayed tail and several straps on the arms, Dark olive baggy pants and Dark brown boots with straps. He also wears a big white scarf around his neck that tends to cover his mouth.

Personality: He is stoic and blunt, rarely reacting positively to anything other than what his Pokemon do. While he can be friendly to people when he wants to be, that doesn't stop how blunt or rude he can be. He isn't afraid to talk back to anyone and loves Pokemon despite how much his attitude says otherwise. In the past, he was actually a very friendly and talkative individual, but something in his past changed him forever.

Backstory: Born in Cerulian City, Tony was a very friendly and cheerful person. Some time after his sixth birthday, he met and befriended a local Trapinch who followed Tony everywhere. Tony eventually decided to call the Trapinch 'Siren' and catch her. The two went on a journey together once he was ten and old enough for a Pokedex, Siren eventually evolving into Vibrava and soon into Flygon. The two were inseparable for three years until a tragic accident occurred: A truck swerved out of control and nearly hit Tony, only for Siren to push him out of the way and get hit by the truck instead, severely injuring her. They managed to get Siren to the hospital ASAP, but after two weeks in the hospital, Siren unfortunately didn't make it and succumbed to her injuries right in front of a distraught Tony.

Tony eventually shut himself from society and rarely went out to do anything except walk through his hometown once a week. Eventually he found a Rockruff and a Bagon that someone got rid of for unknown reasons, so Tony decided to take them in, his father eventually telling Tony to get back into journeying with Pokemon. Eventually Tony listened and decided to reluctantly get back to the Pokemon journeying he adored so much and hopefully get over the passing of the Pokemon he loved even more...

Pokemon: Lycanroc (Midnight, M), Shelgon (M)

Last edited:

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
Name: Nick

Appearance: Black Leather Jacket, Blue T-Shirt, Black Jeans, Black Boots, Black Hair

Personality: Nick is pretty chill, is kind of short tempered, very kind to those he befriends.
Backstory: Parents got murdered by a guy who Nick is now trying to find and get payback for his parents.

Pokemon: Poliwhirl and Squirtle and Bulbasaur

Other: Has Already Gotten Three Badges

Blue_Flash4

Can we have more then one character? Because I thought that I may add another character as the story goes on.

Name: Bethany. Known criminally under the alias of Doe

Appearance: Skinny, pale, and brunette hair with that she wears in a short ponytail. Normally she wears a blue hoodie and leggings but when doing criminal work she wears a black jumpsuit and wears her bangs in front of a cap to give off an androgynous look. Her eyes are brown.

Personality / Backstory: She works as a pokemon mercenary. She does evil work occasionally but only for the pursuit of money. She accepts jobs on the pokemon black market from anyone willing to pay her enough. She only did these bad things in her past because she was poor but even despite being financially secure, she just can't let go of her work. She views herself as just a normal person, when money isn't in the question she will generally try to do the right thing. She doesn't like to get too attached to people in fear that she might have to betray them later. No matter how sorry, or bad she feels about committing acts, she always lets business come first.

Pokemon: Shedinja, Alolan Grimer, Buizel, Hoothoot

Other: She might try to steal pokemon from some of the other characters. Any digressions/questions about this I welcome. Feel free to have a personal convo. or discuss in the chat about what happens in the story. I will never make her successfully steal a pokemon if the character's creator is uncomfortable with it.

Oh I read it, my char's just going solo for a lil' bit, while he may find your char's Snivy adorable, he isn't really gonna pay much attention to it unless she goes up to him.

Blue_Flash4

Alright then here’s my second character I’ll introduce later.

Name: Zen
Appearance: Black Jacket, Black Pants, Black Hair, Black Combat Boots.
Personality: Kind of mean, barely ever nice.
Backstory: His mother died and he lived under the care of his abbusive father
Pokémon: Charmeleon, Nidorino, Staraptor
Other: Is The Son Of Giovanni and usually sides with Team Rocket.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Alexander Bane, oh he is more commonly known by his stage name Midnight

Appearance: Alex is a tall man, he is lean yet muscular, he is considerably good looking with brown hair and green eyes. Off stage he wears a white t-shirt, jeans, black trainers and his Cresent moon medallion. On stage he wears an all black suit, shirt, tie included, black shoes and a black fedora along with his medallion.

Personality / Backstory: Alex is a kind hearted and thoughtful person, he loves meeting fans and doesn't view himself as being above anyone, he is not a fan of criminals and bullies and specifically hates organisations like Team Rocket and Team Skull. / He was born in Alola and has been into singing his whole life, he became a big star in Alola and decided to move abroad to spread his music.

Pokemon: Eevee - Ginger (Partner/Singer) Umbreon - Moon(Keyboardist), Shiny Greninja - Shade (Guitarist), Primeape - Crash(Drummer)

Other: He and his Pokémon aspire to be one of the best bands there is.

Further other: With this character will probably use actual song lyrics at times, just wanted to run this by you.

Last edited:
Name: Luke

Appearance: He has icy blue eyes and a perky nose with spiky blond hair styled in a messy but dignified way and he is somewhat slender in body shape. He stands at 6’2 and weighs 145 pounds. He wears a dark blue jacket with a black stripe down the middle with gold rimmings and he has dark blue pants with matching gold trimmings and black dress shoes.

Personality: Arrogant due to growing up under wealthy experienced trainers and believes he is the best because of this. He views those under him as inferior peasant and will even refer to them that way. Uses a wide variety of vocabulary and is a skilled strategist in battle. Unfortunately his strategy is viewed as cold hearted and his Pokémon are not very friendly in general other than his Luxio. He is ultimately loyal to his Pokémon above all else and is not much for talking for the sake of it.
Pokemon: Lux the Luxio
Argos the Growlithe
Hatchet the Fraxure.

He enjoys: Battling and showing off his excessive pride and strength of his Pokémon. He also secretly loves to pet his Pokémon. Enjoys taking walks and exploring new places in search of Pokémon.
Dislikes: People singing in general, lazy people, and overlyexcited people. And can't stand to lose battles to someone equally matched with him. The thing that annoys him the most is whenever someone invades his personal space or tries to pet his Pokémon.
Hometown: Snowpoint city (Sinnoh.)
Other: He doesn't like people to see him loving on his Pokémon and gets ultimately embarrassed by it.

Y'all still excepting members? And d'ya got anything in mind plot-wise? Like a path we're all eventually going to follow or a main villain to team against?

Or is this a more chill, travel the region and do as you please-type rp?

Jus curious as I see many evolved mon' and many non-kanto mon, so I'd like to get a feel for the current world and setting.

We are still accepting. My reasoning for evolved ‘mon is that I have been with them for many years, and the RP currently is in the works of a plot, considering not everyone knows each other yet.

Alright cool.

So this isn't just a group of newby trainers collecting badges, or at least not completely. What else did you have in mind for character progression? Will people be entering competitions and mini tournaments and whatnot as well?
Also, is there a concept for a main antagonist/group or such?
Finally, does this take place in the same timeline as the original TV/game characters, and if so, how long before/after does this take place?

Apologies for all the questions, I just wanna be thorough before diving in

As far as my character progression, I planned for her, in the end, to win a photography competition, the prize being a trip through different regions to become a better photographer, and pursue her dream, thus leaving everyone behind (Unless, for reasons, someone else decides to join her). I'm unsure of what everyone will be entering, but I'm guessing that somewhere along the lines that will indeed happen, for I have not been in an RP that has not. I'm unsure if there will be an antagonist/group. I'm certainly fine with adding one, as well as everyone else is, and the antagonist/group would probably be faltering with the earth, Pokemon, or climate change (Similar to both Gen 3 antagonist groups), or something along the lines. This RP takes place in modern day, 2018, not occurring during the release of the anime and/or games.

Any other questions?