• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Kalseng's Normal Type Gym Team! Again!

Ambipom (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Swift
---

A lot of my team wasn't my own choice, and this represents one of the many that were chosen for me by this commander. He's pissy because I'm using him as a BPer, and that he doesn't have enough attacks. Not happy.

Porygonz @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
---

Oh look! One I actually decided! I think it's solid, and I'd like Nasty Plot there instead of Hidden Power, but meh.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
---

Blissey's a whoreslut, but I have to use her apparently. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Regigigas @ Shell Bell
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Confuse Ray
- Thunder Wave
- Return
- Rock Slide
---

I was told to scrap Regi, but I like him, and he's a physical wall. REGARDLESS, they were suggesting a Snorlax. -Twitch- So, if you have anything for a Physical Wall, which is a concept they don't understand apparently, please slap it here.

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]
---

Chosen for me. Do whatever you want with him.

Tauros (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Anger Point
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Return
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
---

I was told to scrap him for something better. I'm just trying to appease them, so whatever you have you have.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Because you've been attacking me to post in this thread AGAIN, I'll offer the following advice:

Consider Quick Attack in place of return on Staraptor.. it's got decent speed, but Quick Attack is still needed in a number of situations and just nice to have on hand. Brave Bird and Close Combat cover all pokemon except Zapdos and Rotom for at least neutral damage, and Brave Bird will be more powerful than Return.

Focus sash instead of choice band on Raticate, because choice band will only power up quick attack, and does nothing to help any of the other attacks on that set... it entirely cripples the rodent, in fact.

Focus sash will guarantee that you survive for counter to come off, and allow for endeavor to do it's highest possible damage.
Protect also does absolutely nothing for the set, and Reversal will work well on it considering the prospect of having 1 HP.
Provided you put Quick Attack on Staraptor, consider Crunch for ghosts.. any time you pull Endeavor off, you'll likely be KO'd that turn anyway

So this is what you'll have:

Raticate @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
Guts ability
-Counter
-Reversal
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack [Crunch as a second option to counter ghosts]

Send it out on a faster, special attacking opponent, and you can pull FEAR: Your Focus Sash activates as you take an attack, you endeavor, then quick attack for the KO. [If you don't have quick attack, you can switch and let something else take a hit, Raticate will be a great tool on anything slower later in the match]
Send it out on any physical opponent and you can do a Focus Sash Counter.