• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Just my Version of a Romantic Superpower High School (Discussion)

"Man, this thing is way too tight..."

Drake scoffed at his suit as he tugged on the collar, as the formal black attire with white undershirt had not been the type of clothing he had been used to. Nor one he had been comfortable with, but given the theme for tonight he had to swallow this feeling as it had been more fitting for the occasion. Drake adjusted his tie as he watched his sister Diane who seemed to be glued to the space in front of the mirror; his sister had oped to wear a bright emerald green dress as she had her hair tied back into a ponytail as she applied a thin layer of make-up as she seemed to scan her reflection as if she tried to analyze it.

"Man oh man, what if this style is out of date? What if this dress comes off as tacky? Maybe I got the wrong make-up, man this is such a big event I can't look like a fool out there. Maybe I should just skip out on this? Maybe I can find something better? Maybe..."

Diane had been cut off from her frantic worries, as she felt her brother's hand lay on her shoulder as he turned her to look her in the eye. "Look, you are a lot of things. A bit of a buzzkill, sometimes a nag...but one thing you are not is unpleasing to the eye. You look good sis, and I am sure the other students will think the same. You just gotta try to have fun with this, if you make it something more than what it is you'll drive yourself insane. This is meant to be a fun social gathering, try to remember that. And don't worry...I think you knocked it out of the park." Drake said, as he smiled at her which touched Diane. For as much as an impulsive fool he could be, Drake seemed to always know what to say as she quickly had given him a hug. "Thanks, I-I needed that..." She said in gratitude as Drake nodded back.

"No worries, now uh...do you think you can help me with this tie?" Drake asked sheepishly as Diane rolled her eyes but had gone to work to

Putting this here as a refresher for you all as to what Drake/Diane are dressed like. Given it's been over two pages since they last had shown up ^^'

Edit

Also have a subplot idea for Diane/Drake though I will have to make a new bio for that. Will get it up ASAP.

I've wanted for SO long to use this character again...

Name: Cornelius Aggrippa
Species: Human

Appearance: Cornelius is Caucasian, and has scruffy, but short brown hair, which you almost never see except for a tuft coming from the front of his backwards net hat with the word "Skidocious" written on the front in white, paint-like letters. He wears a white shirt with the design of a famous rock band under an unzipped black track jacket with white stripes along the sleeves. He wears blue jeans with some standard tennis shoes, and has a small tool belt on his waist along with a backpack.

Abilities and Powers: Rewrite (the ability to change your actions, for Cornelius, 10 seconds ago.), Comicopy (can replicate action inside comic book, but only via touch and is limited on how much color is in a panel, color drains on use, dependent on action.)

Personality: Always in his own little world, tends to talk in a Californian surfer voice when in his persona. He flocks to people who he finds interesting or inspiring, but still loves himself some skater lingo. Overall a good person, and at least knows right from wrong. Loves his pet chinchilla, Scumblebatch.

Way of Application: "Passed" the entry exam (Rewrite kinda helps him with that... good thing only the end result is remembered by everyone else!)
Important Traits: Prefers to be referred to as Ace over Cornelius. Loves to do hammy introductions, forged his own equipment in his old metals class, got some outside help with some special parts, and relies on all sorts of tools, including his famous Bro-Yos.
Crush: N/A
Other: Thunder Quack. Yes I know this is a cop out.

Last edited:

MemoryDoner

Previously Creeps You Don’t Need It
Name: Kairu Aurka
Species: Human
Appearance: Kairu is decently tall (5,11) with greasy black hair, usually slicked up. He wears a denim coat with a white under shirt. He is seen most of the time wearing beaten jeans. He owns a pair of worn maroon sneakers. He’s usually found carrying a ukulele strapped on.
Abilities and Powers: Harmony (This ability allows the boy to do all sorts of thing with music, for some examples; Create high frequency sounds waves [high enough to bust ear drums], seduce [can only seduce people who may actually fall in love with a male], put his enemy to sleep, and if played loud enough cause hearing loss [requires a really loud electric instrument].) A simple attribute he has gained over his training is a quite good singing voice.
Personality: Kairu is pretty calm, he acts to like a playboy (like some pop stars do). He puts on a tough act around stranger but is quite the sensible guy.
Way of Application(Completed test/Recommendation/Etc.): Hypnotized a faculty member for a short amount of time, but just enough to get him recommended.
Important Traits: Thinks of himself as a detective, doesn’t care about others opinions, while he wants to be a hero, he also wants to be a famous musician.
Crush: His instruments (not in a crush type of way, but he treasures them)
Other: Ran away from his family after they destroyed his favorite guitar (Gerry) after an argument over his future.

MemoryDoner

Previously Creeps You Don’t Need It
(Image if interested)

F704B9A0-E21E-4EA2-A4CC-017DFE7AAF6D.png

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
So, I got a few questions regarding lore, so if anyone has an answer to them, feel free to speak up. Basically, I have a back story in mind for my character and I wanna make sure it'll fit the rules and established canon.

So, how do powers work in terms of being granted. Are we talking Hero Aca where powers are common and you have them upon birth, or us it more like traditional comics where it's a wide range. Some are born with powers, some are given, some don't even have powers at all, etc.