• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Just my Version of a Romantic Superpower High School (Discussion)

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
upload_2019-8-12_19-49-52.png

Well, this is what I made of Allie. It's not exactly how I'd like it, but it's good enough.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I'm about to drop a massive portion of Allie's backstory. I think I've explained it before but this goes more into depth.
It does involve tragedy, but I've been setting this up since I joined. I'm not about to scrap it now.

Name: Drake Millard
Species: Human
Appearance: Is a dark skinned boy with spiky black hair, dark eyes and a scarred cut under his right eye. Is about a heart short the average height for one his age and has a lean but athletic build. Wears a dark green unzipped jacket with a red t-shirt along with a pair of black jeans and black & white tennis shoes.
Abilities and Powers: Dragon Physiology. He is able to alter or transfer parts of his body to the attributes of the mythical dragon. Giving himself black scales for hardened blunt defense and limited flame resistance, sharp teeth and claws, a general buff to physical capabilities, yellow eyes for greater vision along with a tail for an added appendage to strike with & a lone wing to allow for limited gliding and of course the ability to breath fire. However, he has to consume plenty of food to provide "fuel" for his fire and the more flames he uses the more it eats at his general stamina. His dragon form is more vulnerable to bladed weapons or piercing blows and water becomes more of a burden; and his lone wing makes his gliding a bit clumsy.
Personality: A bit of a hot head, who is always raring to go and moves at about a hundred miles per second. Often acts before he thinks and is every bit as fearless as he is reckless. Is never one to back down from a challenge or confrontation....for better or worse, as his nature tends to create as many headaches as it does aspiring "heroic" moments.
Way of Application: A recommended transfer.
Important Traits: He often has to bring extra clothes with him given his transformation often leaves holes for the wing and tail.
Crush: None (Yet)
Other: His favorite show as a kid was Thunder Quack. Has a near crippling fear of mice.

Name: Diane Millard
Species: Human
Appearance: Dark skinned girl with long black hair that flows just to her shoulders with dark eyes and freckles. Is about average height for a girl her age with an athletic but slender build and a flat chest. Wears a violet sleeveless top along with a pair of white pants and black flats; also wears a pair of golden earrings
Abilities & Powers: Metal Manipulation. Is able to alter and manipulate various kinds of metal around her at her leisure. Her trademark move is to construct a make-shift sword to use for melee combat (Along with some armor & shield) but she can also make other objects and manipulate things with metal as part of the make-up (Except "metal" in blood). Has some capacity to animate her creations but this has been much more of a struggle for her to master. Her power is dependent on the amount of metal she has on hand or in the area. So if she is in the middle of say a forest without supplies she becomes more limited. Controlling more or heavier types of metal is a bit more taxing on her mind and requires greater consecration leading to risk of mental fatigue if she pushes past her limits.
Personality: Is someone who is mature beyond her years, or rather tries to be. As the older sibling she tended to be the responsible one in the family and tries to keep a level head about most things rather than get worked up. Has a natural sarcastic snark to her in ridiculous situations and can come off as a know it all on a first meeting but beneath her attempts to be an adult early lies a kid who has her own desires such as a general curiosity, a love for drama & theater and even a bit of a silly side she tries to mask.
Way of Application: Recommended transfer.
Important Traits: She usually carries around a second handbag on top of her backpack that she keeps various metal plates, sheets, trash can lids or just metal objects she has around just to use in situations as needed.
Crush: None (Yet)
Other: Her favorite show as a kid was Thunder Quack. Has a bit of stage fright that she is often too prideful to admit.

Decided making them transfers would be the easiest way to integrate them into the story. Hope the powers are not taken by now ^^' would hate to be a copycat.

Last edited:
Well, @Godjacob it is accepted, I’ll see if it’s fine if you do indeed decide to edit it.

Yeah, my issue is edit it to what though? An ice fairy on campus does threaten to overshadow Diane out of the gate which is bad but I made her motif the Ice Knight as a contrast to Drake the dragon boi. Trying to think of another power to work that thematic pairing.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Well, in the pokemon games fairy type was introduced to counter dragon, if you just want to make a counter you can do something like the power of the fey or something (Or water)

Well, in the pokemon games fairy type was introduced to counter dragon, if you just want to make a counter you can do something like the power of the fey or something (Or water)

I was kinda trying to make them counters for each other in a sense.

Drake has the clear advantage with fire>ice, but the bulk of Diane's offense revolves around bladed/piercing attacks which are very effective against Drake.

But I will keep the water idea among others in the back of my mind. Thank you for this.

One more idea, she could have some power over metal, witch could become weak in fire, but also be sharp

Metal manipulation....actually doesn't sound that bad. Could be an idea.

Allie is an extremely skilled ice and snow manipulator (due to her species). However, I don't think Allie will intend to overshadow anyone. She might actually enjoy having another ice manipulator on campus.

Yeah I feel you but look at it from my POV. The problem is if the school already has an ice manipulator (One that seems even more skilled given she can manipulate snow which Diane struggles with) it makes it hard for Diane to stand out as anything but the "inferior" ice user on campus.

Edit

HOLY BALLS! How many powers does Allie have? I Just read the spoiler bio of her and man it's like an entire list of powers by itself. Seems way too strong for a student.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
She doesn't have all of them. She actually only uses a few, the rest are just kinda there.
I use my discretion. She's powerful enough to raise eyebrows... like, a lot... but by no means is she the most powerful student in school.
The list in my bio actually is a list that she can't use. It narrows it down a lot.
It's much less extensive if you think about it, because most of the powers in the link are simply making ice with some extra conditions.
Basically, she can make ice and snow, and manipulate it. But that's about it.

Alright. I edited it to metal manipulation. I have the ice powers saved in a draft just in case I feel there is reason I can confidently have Diane keep her original powers. But with Allie around I just do not see a way both can shine without Diane being the "worse" option. But just a general update.

So @Cryronn the Mudkip where is the main group of students currently? What are they doing at the moment? I plan to have the Millard siblings to go the office so they can get transferred over (My story is they were part of some other superhero school but got kicked out cause Drake got into a big fight and a change of scenery was needed for them.)

I hope this is good enough. I have not read all of the character bios yet so I do not know if someone has done this before, but I have been eyeing this RP for awhile now and finally decided to join. Let me know if there is anything that needs to be changed.

Name: Saphrax Blackwell
Species: Vampire
Appearance: Saphrax stands at around 5'8. He is very lean but toned. He has bright pink hair that is very thick and wavey. It comes to his shoulder blades. His skin is very pale and cold to the touch. His eyes are very striking they are a bright vivid blue that seem to glow in the dark. Around his neck is a black choker that has a teardrop shaped blood stone. He tends to wear a black guns and roses band tee, black ripped skinny jeans, and purple converse. Around his waist he has tied a pink flannel shirt. His nails are painted black. He has retractable canines that are longer then a normal human.
Abilities and Powers: Saphrax has minor shapeshifting. He can only turn into certain things. The main think he turns into is a panther or a black cat. Though he can and sometimes will turn into a wolf.
He has a smooth voice that seems to draw people in. They want to please him when he uses a certain tone in his voice.
He can drain the blood from someone with his teeth though he mostly drinks from animals. When he drinks blood from someone who has powers he can borrow their powers to use as his own, but only for a short amount of time.
Personality: Saphrax is very calm. He tends to be the one who will think things through before he acts. He does have a temper when he is confronted head on about things he can not control. Saphrax loves to read and listen to music. When he has found a good book there is nothing anyone can do to get him out of it. Music is an escape for him. He knows a few different instruments and tends to play them often.
Way of Application: Transfer from an all vampire boarding school.
Important Traits: Kindness. Even though he comes off as cold and uncaring, deep down he loves to help others.
Crush:
Other: Thunder Quack.
Saphrax can not go outside in the sun without a blood stone. It is a red gem in the shape of teardrop.
Saphrax is gay and tends to hide it from others.