• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Junichi Masuda Comments On Ruby & Sapphire Remakes

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
pokemon_ruby_gba_box_art1-200x200.jpg

Since the release of Pokémon Black & White earlier this year in the UK fans of the series have set their sights on talking about which games could see an announcement next. Along with the fan titled third fifth gen game Pokémon Grey, a lot of talk has been on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire remakes.

Read More

Re: Junichi Masuda Comments On Ruby & Sapphire Remakes

I wouldn't be surprised if work on an R/S remake started the moment HGSS were completed. This is almost semi-confirmation, they'll probably announce it fully in a few months.

I cried a bit when I read this. xD

I'm fully aware that this is nowhere near a confirmation on the possible remakes, but I'm very much relieved to see that there is some level enthiousiasm among the creators of the franchise. Finger crossed for more good news in the future!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I'm not going to read too much into his comment, but it is interesting. Certainly better than hearing an outright no. I guess we'll see what's to come. =D

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

It is really promising but it does point out the fact the games can't be currently in the works. Which means the next time we get will be Grey for sure then six gen games and then the remakes probably.

Well as Kyogre is one of the best legendary Pokémon to exist, can't deny I'd love to see this - especially on the 3DS!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four

This is so awesome! :'D

I love Hoenn so getting the chance to go back and play the region or the story of R/S again is an amazing prospect. Yet another reason to buy a 3DS.