• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in the Gitatla Region!

Gavin was excited for his gym battle. From the border to Flarebelle City, and Route 2, it seemed close. It seemed like he was prepared already, as he saw a berry tree. "Cool, Sitrus Berries! I've gotta get some right, now!" Gavin said as Axew and Piplup were following him over. A horde of Beedrill appeared right when Gavin picked just one Sitrus Berry, and attacked Gavin with a Pin Missle.

"What was that for? Ugh you'll get it." Gavin growled, sending Fennekin's pokeball out. "My pokemon, use any move!" he ordered.

Axew used Dragon Claw, Piplup used Bubble, and Fennekin used Ember.

The beedrill retreated away.

"That was close." Gavin said, smiling.

"Oh you scared me, yeah I'm new." Flame replied with a Froakie on his shoulder. Then a Honedge appeared. "Froakie use Bubble." Flame said and Honedge was weakened. Honedge used Tackle and Froakie as weakened. "Froakie use Bubble again." Flame said and Honedge was weakened. "Pokeball go." Flame said and the ball shook and Honedge was caught. "Nice." Flame said.
---------------------------------------------
Froakie- Level 7
Moves: Pound, Growl, Bubble
Fletchling- Level 6
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack
Honedge- Level 5
Moves: Tackle, Swords Dance, Fury Cutter
(BTW Here is the trainer card.)
385931_trainercard-Flame.png

Last edited by a moderator:
(OOC: Hijads, kadaaaaaa??)
Carol stumbled along, trying to ignore the fact that she just got electrocuted. Mack, to Alex's direction, helped support her. I have nice Pokemon. Carol thought. The ragged trio soon reached Flambelle town, where they headed straight to the nearest Pokemon Center, with its gleaming, red roof, and iconic Pokeball symbol.

After Saforo came back, he went running to route #1 to his first gym battle.
He encountered a wild fletchling, again, then he sent out Rioulu to fight. He used scratch and left the fletchling almost weakened. Then he used a pokeball, three rolls and a capture.

Riolu: Level 6
Scratch
Tail Wip
double team
Fletchling: Level 4
Tackle
Grunt
Quick attack

Finally, Carol got her hair to stop being frizzy. She healed her Pokemon and bought some more Pokeballs. She'd heard about the Flarebelle gym being fire type, so she figured she would try to find some water or rock or ground types. But first, there was the matter of Pichu. She let it out, and it gave her the most venomous glare imaginable from a tiny thing like that. It gave Carol the shivers. "It's ok little guy… or gal?" She said soothingly, reaching out to pet it, only to have it bite her finger. "Ow!" Carol exclaimed. "Hey!"

Kite walked a little behind Carol, as he noticed that something just wasn't right. He felt something on his legs, as he said, "W- what is this stuff?!" Mudkip quickly turned around, and noticed a Sewaddle! Mudkip impulsively used tackle, as he tackled down the Sewaddle!

Kite noticed there was another Pokémon, as he quickly got out another Poké Ball from his bag, as he noticed another Pokémon come in. It appeared to be a bear, as he didn't seem to be too happy with the Sewaddle. He quickly threw it at the Sewaddle, as the Poké Ball had hit the bear Pokémon by accident.

The ball wiggled a lot more than usual, as the Sewaddle went up to Kite, and nuzzled him on his leg. He smiled, as he thought that he had saved him. Kite said to him, "Huh... I guess you were trying to me or something." He picked up the Poké Ball after it had caught the Pokémon, as it continued to wiggle towards the Sewaddle. Kite held it in his hand, as he said, "Woah woah there buddy, calm down! We can sort this out later okay?"

Kite walked to the Pokémon Center with his new team, as the Sewaddle was still walking with him. He tried to tell him something, but Kite said to him, "Uhh... we need to go to the Pokémon Center here first. My team isn't doing so well, don't worry about that bear here, I got it under control." Sewaddle nodded at him, as he continued to walk with him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mudkip- Level 6, Moves: Tackle, Water Gun, ???, ???, Type: Water
Pyravi- Level ???, Moves: Tackle, ???, Ember, Type: Fire/Flying
???- Level ???, Moves: No moves known, Type: ???
Sewaddle- Level: ???, Moves: No moves known, Type: Bug/Grass (This Pokémon has only befriended him)

Last edited:
Shura saw the Pokemon centre in the distance and was relieved to not have to walk that much longer. However, before Shura and Buizel could reach it, A Nidoran (m) popped out of the grass and was prepared to start a battle. "Buizel get ready!" Buizel went into his battle stance. The Nidoran charged and attack with a Poison Sting. "Buizel use Soni Boom to stop it in his tracks" Buizel waved his tail and hit Nidoran right on the head, the Nidoran got launched up but then got control whilst falling back down, then countered with a double kick. "BUIII!" The Buizel yelled as it got hit. "Buizel we can't give up yep hit Buizel back with a water gun!" Buizel unleashed a powerful of water from it's mouth a hitting the Nidoran and weakening it severely. "Go! Pokeball!" Shura threw the Pokeball at Nidoran, bouncing off of it and then capturing the Poison type inside it. The Pokeball wiggled three times and then the button became red and it was official that Shura caught her first Pokemon. She jumped in victory and danced with Buizel, and then reached the Pokemon Centre with their brand new friend.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
James trained his pokemon in Route 2, taking out heaps of pokemon which he thought were weak.

Chimchar: lv 9
Scratch, Ember, leer, taunt
Platy lv9
Water gun, tackle, headbutt
Murkrow lv10
Peck, Astonish, Pursuit

"My name is Flame and this is Froakie." Flame said. "I'm ready for the first gym, you?" Flame headed inside the pokemon center to get his pokemon checked up.
"They will all be healed in no time." Nurse Joy said.
"I wish I knew what the first gym was." Flame said.
"I could help, it's right in this city." Nurse Joy said.
"Aren't you suppose to be healing my pokemon?" Flame asked her.
"Audino has it under control." Nurse Joy said.
"Alright well what is it about?" Flame asked.
"It's all about fire, so I suggest you get Water, Rock, or Ground Pokemon." Nurse Joy replied.
"Alright thanks, I only have one of those." Flame said. "I have a water, a Normal and Flying, and a Steel and Ghost."
"I suggest you use Honedge first, then Fletchling next, then lastly Froakie so if you have 2 pokemon out you can catch up easily." "Nurse Joy suggested.
"Thanks for the tip." Flame said as his Froakie and pokeballs came back out.
"Cool." Flame said while Froakie jumped on his shoulder and put the two pokeballs on his belt.

"On to Flarebelle City. Return, everyone."

Everyone went to their balls, as Gavin headed over to the beautiful Flarebelle City. He went to the Pokemon Center, as all of his pokemon were
at least losing some health points from their battles. He handed his pokeballs to Nurse Joy, and Nurse Joy healed them. "Thanks Nurse Joy.."
Gavin said.

"Oh, no problem. It's my job every pokemon is safe and healthy." she replied back."Ready, guys? Time to battle the gym!" Gavin said to his pokemon. He walked over to the Flarebelle Gym, as the gym leader Rochfire appeared behind a big flame.

"Well, hello there. I see that you want to challenge the gym. Do you?" Rochfire asked Gavin.

Flame saw someone going into the gym so he decided to go in and watch the battle. So he will know what to do for his gym battle. He was wondering who was the person who was battling now. Maybe he will meet him after, until then he will watch the battle. He was also wondering where his buddy went, he was about to go and search for him but the battle was starting.
---------------------------------------------
Froakie- Level 7
Fletchling- Level 6
Honedge- Level 5

"Yes..."

"Alright, let the battle between the Gym Leader Rochfire and the challenger Gavin may now commence! Each side can use 3 pokemon. The match will end when each side of any trainer is fainted. Only the challenger may switch pokemon during the battle! Reveal your pokemon!"

"Torchic, get into battle!" Rochfire excalimed, throwing Torchic's pokeball out.

"Piplup, spring into battle!" Gavin exclaimed, throwing Pilup's pokeball out.

Flame was very interested in this battle, fire and fire. Very interesting, but his pokemon won't last long against a fire type. So he decided he might go and catch another pokemon after this battle.

"The gym leader will have the first move. Begin!"

"Use Ember with all your strength!". Rockfire commanded. Torchic used Ember. It hit Piplup, and smoke appeared, but then, a odd move attacked. A white beak charged at Torchic, damaging it badly.

"Piplup, did you just learn Peck?" Gavin asked the penguin Pokemon. Piplup nodded.

"Home Claw!" Rockfire commanded, a very dark claw attacking Piplup.

"Luuuupppp!!!" Piplup screamed. (AHHhhhhh!!!!)

Last edited:
Carol shook her hand. "Ow!" She said, glaring at the Pichu. "Pi!" It said. Carol returned it to its Pokeball. She set out on Route 2, hoping to get some Pokemon to take on the gym. Carol encountered a grand total of five Pidgey, a Weedle, seventeen Rattata, but not a single Ground, Rock, or Water type. She was getting frustrated. Finally, finally, Carol found a lone Froakie, who tried to jump on Carol's face. Carol deftly dodged. "Jeez! What's with you?" She demanded. The Froakie blew a raspberry. "Oh, really? Go, Alex!" Carol retorted. Alex shook her mane. "Vee?" She said, and then noticed the Froakie. "Vee." She confirmed. The Froakie used Quick Attack, hitting Alex soundly in the chest. Alex growled and attacked. Soon, there was an uncontrolled brawl in front of Carol. "Woah, woah! Calm down! Alex, stop!" Carol was displeased. This shouldn't happen, especially when they were training for a gym battle. Alex obeyed, knocking Froakie on the head, before jumping away. "Eevee!" She complained. Carol rolled her eyes. "We'll talk about this later." She said. She chucked a Pokeball at the Froakie, who was rubbing its head. Again, she hit it. The Pokeball shook. Once, twice, it broke! The Froakie popped out, and snarled. "Uh-oh," Carol said, backing away. It was only then that Mack appeared on the scene, much to the Froakie's astonishment. "Fr-froakie?" It stammered. Mack barked in reply. The Froakie lowered its head in defeat. "Froa…" It left itself open to be caught, which is what Carol did. "Yes!" She shouted to the sky.

Harper-Magikarp male LVL 6
Alex-Eevee female LVL 10
Mack- shiny Furfrou male LVL 9
???- Pichu female LVL 4
Frodo- Froakie male LVL 5

Last edited:
Kite had gotten to Flarebelle City a little later, as he carried Mudkip in his arms. Pyravi was still in her Poké Ball, as the other Poké Ball continued to wiggle on Kite's belt buckle. Sewaddle continued to follow Kite, as he seemed to like him now. He fired a tiny string shot at the Pokémon Center that was straight ahead, as he swung himself over to it!

Kite quickly went to the Pokémon Center, as he placed Mudkip on his shoulders, while he picked up the Sewaddle. He went into the Pokémon Center, as he noticed a Nurse that was looking at him. He gave her his three Poké Balls after recalling Mudkip into his Poké Ball briefly, as he noticed her heal the Pokémon in a near instant.

She gave his Poké Balls back to him, as Kite said to her, "Thanks Nurse, you're always a miracle."
Sewaddle tried to talk, as he shyly said to her, "Sewaddle..." [Translation: Uhh thanks I suppose...]

Kite walked out of the Pokémon Center, as he thought to himself while Sewaddle squirmed, "Hmm... should I train a little more on the wild Pokémon still, or just go straight to the gym?" He pondered around, as Sewaddle tried to tell him something. He squirmed in his arms still, as he babbled some incomprehensible speech at him.

Last edited:
Carol headed back to the Pokemon Center, where she saw Kite. "Oh, hello!" She called to him, waving. She ran up to him. "How's it going?"

Flame got bored of the gym battle and went to go train. He saw people in the pokemon center, he deccided to inside. "Any of you wanna battle me?" Flame asked them both.

Carol looked at him. "Who are you? Asking for a battle? Where are your manners?" Carol said, raising an eyebrow. "I guess this is the life of a trainer." She muttered. "I might as well take you up on your offer." Carol said, making eye contact with Flame.

Last edited:
PIplup was standing up in very strong, showing only one sign of pain. "Bubble, now!!!" Gavin commanded.

Piplup launched a fast, strong, and direct Bubble at Torchic. Torchic fainted gradually, falling to the ground.

"Yes!!! 2 more to go, return Piplup." Gavin said, putting Piplup in its ball.
"Well, let's see about this! The sandstorm rises so deeply! Go!!" he said. He sent out Larvatiar, and Rochfire sent out Charmander.

Sura then reached Flarebelle city. Shura was admiring the beauty of the city with her Buizel by her side. As she started walking around, all the big buildings and people walking and running past her, it started to get a bit too much for Shura and felt her anxiety taking over again. As her facial expression changed to fit what she was feeling, she felt Buizel's hand lock with hers. After that, her anxiety instantly went away and calmed down with the help of Buizel. "Thanks Buizel,I wouldn't know what I'll do without you," Buizel just simply smiled and said "Bui-Bui!" in a cheerful tone. Shura then reached the Pokemon centre for the city. "Let's go inside and chill out for a second" Shura sat down and sent out Nidoran and everyone started eating food that she had previously prepared before going on her journey. Then the door for the Pokemon centre opened again. Buizel looked at who it was and as soon as Buizel saw who it was, he tried to get Shura's attention. "What is it Buizel?" Buizel pointed at the door, Shura looked and saw the Pikachu that they saved from route 1. The Pikachu looked around and as soon as Pikachu noticed Shura it instantly ran towards her and snuggled up against her as if Pikachu felt safe with Shura. "Oh wow, what a surprise. Are you okay Pikachu?" Pikachu looked up at Shura and said "Pika-Pi" Pikachu was a bit nervous but didn't want to move from Shura's side. "Hey Pikachu, do you want some food?" Pikachu's ears twitched as soon as Shura said "food" and Pikachu jumped up onto the table and helped herself to the food. "Hey Pikachu, since you followed us here, do you want to join us on our journey?" Shura asked Pikachu. Pikachu in response to Shura's question looked at Shura, smiled and nodded her head saying "Pika!" "That's great, we got a new member guys." Shura celebrated. Shura held out a Pokeball and Pikachu pressed the button without hesitation and Pikachu went into the Pokeball.

Carol sighed at Flame's impatience. "Not here. I'm actually not sure where. Doing it outside of a Pokemon Center is more than a bit rude. How 'bout Route 2?" She said, indicating to the sign. "I'm warning you. I have a pretty strong team for now."

"Not the entrance, dummy! Further down!" Carol said, as she started jogging towards an open looking area. "Here is good!" She announced, bouncing on her heels slightly.
(OOC: Pardon my short post, there isn't much more I could write.)

Flame went over to Carol. "Lets just get this battle done, this is too much for a battle." FLame said. "Honedge I choose you"
-------------------------------------------
Froakie- Level 7
Fletchling- Level 6
Honedge- Level 5

Shura decided to go back to route 2, to train her Pokemon in preparation of the Gym in Flarebelle City. After a successful session of training, Shura realised two trainers about to battle each other in an open area. "Hey guys let's watch this battle, I think I recognise these people from Professor Fern's lab" Shura, Buizel, Nidoran and Pikachu all sat down next to each other to watch the battle.

Carol studied Honedge for a second. "Steel I guess… maybe dark or ghost?" She muttered to herself. "Alright then. Go, Frodo!" She shouted. The Froakie landed on the ground. "Froa!" He said. "Ok, Frodo, use Water Gun!" Frodo obeys, shooting a stream of water from his mouth.

Last edited:
"I have," Catol replied. In Flame's distraction Water Gun probably hit. In any case, Frodo bounced back. He looked at Carol and indicated at the trees. "Froak froakie!" He said frantically. "Do what you have to! I can't understand you!" Carol replied just as frantically. The Froakie bounded into the branches of a nearby tree. I get it! Carol thought. "Alright, Frodo, Water Gun his Pokemon!" She commanded.

Kite walked around and noticed that some people were battling. He walked over and watched them, as Mudkip curled up in his arms. Sewaddle accidentally shot a string shot in the air in excitement, as Kite quickly caught it before it could land in the wrong hands.

Mudkip was frightened, as he cried while he covered his face with his paws. Kite still watched them battle, as he patted Mudkip on his back in an attempt to calm him, while Sewaddle poked his leg constantly. He said to him as he nuzzled him with his leaf, "Sewaddle..."

Shura noticed a boy with a Mudkip and a Sewaddle and so she went over and introduced herself. As she approached the boy she started to feel anxious again. "Uh oh, not now," she thought. Then Buizel then grabbed Shura's hand with both of his and Pikachu climbed up to Shura's shoulder. "they both cheerfully said. "Pikaaa" "Buiii" Which immediately calmed her down again and she got her confidence back. "Hey there, my name is Shura and these are my friends: Buizel, Pikachu, and Nidoran."

While Carol is battling, Alex gets bored and decides to check out the other's Pokemon. "Vee!" She said. [Translation: Hello!] She walked over and sat down next to them. Carol was too intent on battling to even notice the fact that Alex was gone.

Last edited:
Shura started freaking out, because she couldn't handle how cute she found the trainer's Eevee. "Oh my god, you're so cute!" Shura explained and held out her arms to see if the Eevee wanted to hug her back.

Alex leaped into Shura's arms and started licking her face. Carol watched as the Homedge tried to Tackle Frodo. "You call that a Tackle?" She taunted. "Keep Water Gunning!" But Frodo was getting tired, and had to stop.