• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in the Galar Region! (Discussion)

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
First Name: Trent

Last Name: Marken

Personality: Trent is a curious, laidback sort of guy. Growing up around his archeoligist parents, who were always trying to answer the next big mystery, he naturally became curious in history and Pokémon as a whole. His other big passion is Pokémon battling, where his pretty relaxed persona changes into a more lively excited style, his mind always thinking of the next strategy. He can be pretty sociable, but has trouble approaching others due to his more sheltered upbringing.

Appearance: Trent stands at around six feet tall, with a fairly slim build. He has shaggy black hair and green eyes. His usual outfit consists of a green varsity jacket, white button up shirt, with black jeans and boots

Backstory: Trent grew up ar Stow-on-Side, his parents being atcheoligists that studied fossil Pokémon, ancient Galar history, and many other things regarding Pokémon. As a result, he became just as fascinated with this history. He was homeschooled so he was only other thing he was ever exposed to was the gym challange. However he was to afraid to ever ask his parents if he could go on it, knowing they wanted him to follow in their footsteps. But on his 16th birthday, they gifted him a Grookey and Yamask, telling him they always knew what his dream was, and gave him permission to partcipate in the next gym challange. With his two new partners in hand, he was ready to take on the Galar gyms.

Other: When he was a baby, he called alarm clocks "Beeper"

Crush: None, yet.

Pokémon:

Species: Grookey
Nickname: N/A
Moves:
Scratch
Branch Poke
Swift
Growl

Species: Yamask (Galarian)
Moves:
Astonish
Will-o-Wisp
Night Shade
Disable

I

IciclePyx

If there is still a spot left?~ :)

First Name: Cosmo
Last Name: Wilson

Personality: Shy and Clutzy but very friendly when you get to known them, mostly they are an introvert friendship can be difficult with him.

Appearance: He's albino and has beautiful blue eyes. Pretty average in height 5'5" he wishes he was shorter so he wouldn't stick out so much. Damaged black jeans and the black and white stripped hoodie, has big black hipster glasses.

Backstory: He travelled far from Agate Village located in the Orre Region. Where many trainers often have Johto or Hoenn pokemon, Kanto is rare. Explains how he got a special Johto starter with a super special Hydro Canon, Chikorita would have Frenzy Plant, Cyndaquil? Blast Burn. Cosmo heard of some 'special forms' being found far away. He unexpectedly always finds himself eavesdropping. Always in the wrong place at all times. His goal is to be a expert professor and study all the species maybe even a legendary. The Galar region would be his first stop since Alola's boat tickets were sold out, arriving at Hulbury port eventually.

Other: Hard of hearing, nearly deaf so he's equipped with hearing aids. Which he often turns off while he battles to avoid super sonic beepers. Cosmo is Gay~

Crush: Piers?

Pokémon
Species: Totodile
Nickname: Fang
Moves:
Bite
Scratch
Scary Face
Hydro Canon [Special]

~

Species: Ponyta
Moves:
Ember
Growl
Quick Attack
Hypnosis [Egg Move]

-I'll probably keep Shadow pokemon out of this~-
Btw Orre, consist of the first three gens, so alola and galarian forms would freak them out XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey y'all, hope you got room. In case you do, I'll dump my sub here. He's a character I've used in a couple RPs that got shut down but I really like RPing him.

Name - Michael Haakonsson
Gender - Male
Age - 16
Sexuality: Straight as an arrow and not even slightly curious.
Appearance - Michael is 6’0” tall, 165 lbs of wiry muscle. He has light brown hair cut quite short and generally mussy. His skin is pale (like Scandinavians in the real world), with blue eyes. He's not ugly but a rough life does not breed a pretty face and his features have a weathered quality that gives him the look of a pugilist. He wears a muscle shirt, hand and foot wraps and Thai-style shorts in warm weather. In colder weather, he dons a sweatshirt, warm work pants, boots and warm gloves.

Personality - Because of an upbringing full of hard work, Michael is of a sober and determined sort. He’s willing to joke with a passerby if conversation is initiated by the other, but does not hesitate to help those in need. He’s very protective of his friends, especially those he believes to be weaker or less mature than himself, a trait acquired from being something of a third parent to his eight siblings. However he's also quite aggressive and has a hammer mindset, which means to Michael every problem tends to look like a nail. Such an approach to life is not always the best approach as not every problem exists to be smashed forcefully but this is a lesson Michael has yet to get through his head.

Backstory - He grew up in mountainous Kalos, working as a logger with his mother, father, and eight younger siblings. His father has long been saving money to send his children to find their own paths in life, rather than to have them be bound into the ‘family beeper business’ as he was. As such, when Michael turned 16, his father gave him two of the family pokemon, Aron and Timburr, and sent him to Galar to make his own way in a region that hopefully would hold better luck than Kalos.

Aron (Male)
Nickname: Clubsy
- Egg Move: Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Iron Defense
- Mud Slap

Timburr (Male)
Nickname: Basher
- Egg Move: Drain Punch
- Low Kick
- Focus Energy
- Rock Throw

Region of Birth - Kalos

Crush: None... At the moment ;)

Quick question: How would you like to handle trade evolutions? I wanted a Fighting type and to fit my character's backstory only Timburr is appropriate. The whole trade evolution thing was obviously a way game devs wanted to encourage trading in between players of the video games but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense from the biological standpoint. I'm fine if you want to leave it as is or if you prefer trade evolutions evolve like normal (through experience), just let me know.

Let me know if you're no longer taking applicants, or if I'm accepted, or if you'd like a little more detail.

Last edited:

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Here is the trainer's bio

First Name: Merrie

Last Name: Gleem

Personality: Merrie is a happy-go-lucky kind of person, as she is most of the time cheerful and positive.
She will always try to cheer up a friend when he is feeling down, as she is very friendly too.
She is getting excited really easily and usually acts before thinking.

Appearance: Merrie had deep blue eyes and long, brown hair with a ponytail. She is 4'3".
Merrie wears a white long-sleeve shirt under a blue overall. She wears short blue jeans and yellow shoes. She also has a big white flower on her ear.

Backstory: Merrie was living in Motostoke since she was born.
When she was around 6 years old she found an oddish during a trip, and they both became friends quickly. she took the wild pokemon to her house and after a while she also caught it.
Three years later, when Merrie was 11, she heard about the champion being defeated. It gave her spirits to try and become the next champion.
She started to train her Oddish a bit, she even got a milcery from her dad to help her when she will start her journey.

Other:
-Merrie tends to giggle a lot.
-she works better in double battles
-Merrie likes to sing and dance. She also likes to battle and meet new friends.
-her father is now working at the café in Motostoke.
-beeper

Crush: Allister? (Well, she does think he is very cute).

Species: Milcery
Nickname: Miss sweet.
Ability: aroma veil
Moves: aromatic mist, sweet kiss, draining kiss, sweet scent.

Species: Oddish
Nickname: Sunshine
Ability: run away
Moves: sweet scent, mega drain, growth, sleep powder.

Now working on the gym leader's bio.

Last edited:
First Name: Ashley

Last Name: Spark

Personality: She's a kinda rude girl at times but mostly she is a caring friend who makes sure her pokemon are well and almost acts like a mother to them.

Appearance: White skinny girl with a shaved haircut always wearing a hoodie without makeup. Black shorts with slide-on shoes. Blonde hair with green eyes

Backstory: Lives in the Hoenn region and moved her with her pokemon.

Other: She loves art.

Crush: N/A

Pokémon Bio:
Species: Eevee
Nickname: Silver
Moves: Tackle, Baby-doll eyes, Quick attack, Growl.

Pokémon Bio:
Species: Tailow
Nickname: Kris
Moves: Tackle, Double team, Peck, Growl.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Well, this is the bio for the electric gym leader. However, I am not sure what the roles for a gym leader bio (such as age or amount of pokemons, or if it's okay to have two pokemons with TM move), so fix me if there's a problem with him (and I am pretty sure there is actually).

First Name: Raiden

Last Name: rapidolt

Personality: Raiden is hasty and rush, he will always act immediately without thinking. He is competitive and cocky as well, he is a fast runner.

Appearance: Raiden has spiky black hair and red eyes, he is very tall.
He wears a yellow shirt with purple lines on the sleeves. There's a large purple lightning symbol on the shirt, and two blue gear symbols on the shoulders.
He wears short cyan pants, with yellow zigzags. He also wears black shoes and white gloves with yellow lightning symbols on them.

Backstory: (he prefers not to reveal).

Other:
-He is the electric gym leader, replacing Nessa/Kabu.
-he doesn't like to dianamax, since he is claiming that he can win without it.
-his main pokemon is Jolteon.
-he hates to lose or wait.
-he is very obsessive with electric and speed
-beeper beeper his Jolteon is a killer (seriously, his Jolteon is going to be a true nightmare)

Crush: N/A

Species: joltik
Ability: compound eyes.
Moves: string shot, electro ball, thunder wave, absorb.
Held item: N/A

Species: heliolisk
Ability: dry skin
Moves: charge, quick attack, electric terrain (learned by TM), parabolic charge.
Held item: N/A

Species: jolteon
Nickname: Bolt
Ability: Volt absorb
Moves: electro ball(learned by TR), swift, thundershock, thunder wave.
Held item: magnet.

Also, where is everyone and what they are doing right now? I just want to know how should I introduce Merrie.

I don't think we can avoid duplication of pokemon since we are basically only allowed pokemon that come from the Galar region. If all of the pokemon were allowed in the this RP to be caught, then it would be much easier. Right now it looks like duplication is going to be an issue, because right now there are people who have eevees, then their are the sobbles, and scorbunnys are also with two different trainers, so it is not possible to not have people to each have their own set of unigue pokemon.

Even if someone has the same team as someone else. It would not mean that pokemon are the same personality wise. There are instances in the anime where people have the same pokemon all the time. It is not like it is going to take away from the story anyway.

Besides if that was the case then everyone would have to let the person who made the first post with their pokemon, and would have had to change any post after that included the same pokemon.