• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Journey in Johto! Sequel to journey in Alola

"I heard Azalea town is hosting a showcase. I might do one." Data said, smiling. Daymon Git up, as he was sufficiently warmed. "I already have the Violet gym badge, so looks like we're going to Azalea. Can we all agree?" Asked Daymon, sending out Treeko who perched on his shoulder. "Tree..." (The first two gyms are both strong against me.)

"I think we should go to Azelea Town, then." Teiran said. "How do we get there?"

Teiran looked around, examining the area for any possible signs of a path, while Totodile slumped over her shoulder, bored as heck.

"We have to take Union Cave, according to my Pokenav." Daymon said, looking at it. "Apparently Union Cave connects to Slowpoke Well through a new chamber just discovered. It also runs underneath the Ruins of Alph, so it would be cool to take that extra path detour." Daya said, checking her own Pokenav. The path's description was; A pair of trainers looking for Lapras in Union Cave unearthed this unnamed pass to Slowpoke Well. It seems to run in a newly discovered underground portion of the Ruins of Alph.

“Ooh, a cave!” Teiran said, excited. “What’re we waiting for?!”

Teiran, not knowing where she was going, ran in one direction, Totodile hanging on tightly. The wind blew her hair, which stretched out like a blond cape behind her. She then remembered the time she got a braid in Alola, and used it in her performance.

"Hey wait up!" Lily said as she chased after Teiran while Larivtar rested on Lily's head and held on tight as she chased after Teiran and had taken note of the flowing hair of hers against the wind. Lily had to admit it was pretty, not that she had ever been one to care about hair given her tomboyish qualities. But her point remained the same in her mind as she kept pace with Teiran.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Union Cave, huh? At least that place is better than Ilex Forest. Bug Pokemon are everywhere..." Glacier complained, folding his hand behind his head, "But....that seems like the best way to travel...."

Daymon rushed after Lily and Terian. "Let's a go!" He Yelled, and Daya sighed. "Boys." She said, and rolled her eyes. She sighed, as hemmed, and ran after him. "Wait up, Einsteins! I'm coming too!" She yelled.

Lily turned back to the banter between Daymon and Daya as she giggled before she glanced up at Larvitar who rested on her head.

"I think we made a great decision to travel with these guys. I can see why Captain Duke had so much fun with them, I am eager to see what adventures await us." Lily said with a smile as she kept following Teiran as her Larvitar smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Lar!"

Teiran stopped at a cave with Totodile, and just stared at the gaping mouth it provided as a walkthrough. Totodile shuddered at the thought of entering. Teiran just stood, waiting for the others to arrive.

Daymon and Daya, who were apparently racing now, dashed to the cave, running into the walls of it just by the entrance. "Agh..." Daya grunted, getting up. Daymon, still on the ground, said; "Yeah! I won-" but cut himself off seeing he'd got a bloody nose, and stuffed a tissue up it. Daya sighed, and checked herself for injury. Nope. Daymon was running faster than her so he got a worse impact. She began helping him up, and Daymon nodded a silent thanks. Thanking your sibling out-loud in front of your friends was pretty weird.

Lily had a chuckle as she saw Daymon and Daya crash into the cave wall as they seemed to move a bit too fast for their own good. Though she was thankful to see they were okay. Bloody nose notwithstanding.

"Man, I'll bet there's some cool Pokemon in here. Would you like to have a friend Larvitar?" Lily asked her companion on her head who happily gave a nod in agreement.

"Lar! Larvitar!"

"Yeah! All I have are Pikachu, Eevee, and Roselia!" Daya said, smiling. "And me, all I have is Treeko here-" Daymon said, pointing to his back where he was latched. "-and Hoppip as well as Gligar!" He finished, and the two looked at each other, smiling. They weren't rivals all the time, I suppose.

Teiran, unsure of what they were waiting for, marched inside the hollow boulder, it soon becoming very dark.

"Anyone have a fire Pokemon?" Teiran asked.

Totodile rolled his eyes, and squirted Teiran in the face. She lost them inside the beginning of a dark cave, which Totodile saw as stupid.

"No, but i got a good substitute." Lily said as she opened up her bag and brought out one of her "Survival Special Items" as she liked to call them; a miniature lamp that shinned a bright light as she walked inside after Teiran with her Larvitar still on her head. The light was not quite as good as a fire-type's flame would have been, but it served a decent fill in for the moment as she caught up with the Totodile trainer.

Unknown to them, a Teddiursa had watched from a distance with a nervous expression on its face. Timid by nature, but still curious about the travelers as it quietly would follow them while it avoided detection.

"I have one too!" Daya siad, grinning. "I was a junior Pokemon ranger in 4th grade, so I still have a bunch of stuff!" She said, pulling out a box full of gear. It wasn't too crazy, but it was good enough. She pulled out her own lamplight and strapped it on. Daymon smiled. "You were always good at this survival stuff. I remember you had this phase where you were always getting lost-" "Stop." Daymon said, but Daya cut him off at the end, blushing.

Lily had a giggle at the banter between the siblings. Unlike Daya, Lily had very much been self-taught in her survival skills. Only learning what she could from Captain Duke during his times he visited in Johto. Being on her own and a nomad in nature gave you such experience, though it had been reassuring that Daya seemed quite capable in spite of her previous habit of getting lost.

"Well, it's good to know your time in camp wasn't wasted." Lily complimented as the Teddiursa, however subtly it could, continued to follow the pair as Larvitar sniffed the air, but saw nothing as it glanced behind them. As Teddiursa hid itself out of nerves behind a rock; though its curiosity drove it to follow them in spite of such fear.

Teiran continued to walk through the cave, now illuminated by the lamp Lily carried. Totodile was walking about a foot away from her, not paying his trainer any mind. He tried to be nice by allowing himself to be carried, but he honestly didn't like his trainer.

SaiyanDakon

"Hey, Lily...if your lamp flame dies out, should we have Quilava light it up again?" Glacier asked, motioning to the fire type that was walking next to him. Quilava started becoming interested and gave a small cry then smiled a little.

"Thanks, that is much appreciated." Lily said back to Glaicer before her Larvitar picked up a sent as it glanced behind them again. Only for that Teddiursa that had followed them to hide behind a rock a mere second before Larvitar saw it. Lily took note of this as she glanced at her companion on her head.

"Something wrong Larvitar?" Lily asked, not that she spoke Poke-Speak or anything but she wanted to believe that she could get the basic idea if her partner was concerned with something.

Daymon And Daya traversed this downward slope of a cave. The light was minimal. The screeches of Zubat and the crunches of Geodude could be heard all around. Then, Daymon fell into a hole. “Arceus Damm-“ he said, right before falling. A second later, there was a loud thud.
Daya looked down. “There’s a ladder. Now let’s go rescue my older-by-seven-seconds brother.” She sighed, and began to descend.

Lily took note of this, and even with the generous offer from Daya Lily was no Junior Protector for nothing as quickly she grabbed a rope and tied it to a secure section of the cave before she tossed it down and began to descend with Larvitar still on her head.

Seems Lily was not one to just use the ladder as she descended down into the hole. All the while the the Teddiursa observed from above with natural curiosity. Though perhaps a bit too curious as it edged too close and soon began to fall.

"Ursa!" The Teddiursa cried out as Lily took note of the noise and saw the Pokemon free fall and quickly used one hand to grab onto the bear and hold it close to her chest. The poor thing seemed terrified; shaking in her arms as Lily began to pet its back as she used one hand to "slide" down the rope.

"It's okay, it's okay. Just stay close little one. It will be okay." Lily said as she tried to assure the bear Pokemon while she moved down the hole next to Daya and the ladder.

Daya climbed to the bottom quickly, as the drop was fairly short. She jumped onto the ground and spotted Daymon, examining a wall.
“Hey you big dope! Are you hurt?” She asked, walking over to him. “Umm... a bruised elbow, but nothing serious.” Daymon sighed. Daya shook her head.
“Lily? Do you have anything in your bag to help my dopey bro out?” She asked, frowning.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier had Croconaw and Quilava on his shoulders as he recalled Pidgeot. Dragonair stayed on Glacier's head, sleeping as he the trainer himself slid down the rope after Teiran and Totodile. Searching for something?...Huh...must be important...He thought.

"Well, we found Daymon." Lily said with a smile towards Teiran as she held the scared Teddiursa in her arms though Larvitar had taken note of Totodile's attitude and frowned.

"Yeah, got some stuff right here." Lily said as she reached into her bag and pulled out some ointment and a bandage as she walked over to Daymon and held the spray bottle with said ointment.

"This is gonna work to heal that bruise. Though this might sting. Just grit your teeth and tough it out." Lily warned as she sprayed the ointment on Daymon's bruised arm. Larvitar walked over towards Totodile with a serious expression.

"Lar? Larvitar?" (Are you okay? You seem to be avoiding your partner, why?)

Daymon winced, but he was able to tough out the pain. After all, what’s a Pokémon master if he can’t take a little stinging. “Whew... okay. I’ll be fine...” sighed Daymon.
Daya smiled. “Alright. I think...” she said, looking at her Pokénav, and then smiling. “Yep, we’re here! The newly unearthed tunnel in an underground ruins of Alph section. We should head down, because that’s where this section’s main chamber is.” She continued.

"Ruins of Alph?" Teiran asked.

Totodile slapped his forehead and frowned, annoyed at her lack of knowledge. He started squawking in Pokespeak. Teiran was unsure if he was trying to explain what it was, or tell her she was stupid.

"The ruins of Alph!" Lily said with some excitement, even as as she placed a bandage around Daymon's wound & held the Teddiursa, just at the mention of it. Seemed Lily knew of them, or at least had heard of the ruins though Larvitar faced Totodile as it just missed what the water-type was saying to Teiran.

"Lar? Larvitar Lar Tar?" (Hey, what's up? What are you trying to say to your partner?)

SaiyanDakon

Glacier shivered at the mention of the name and looked around fearfully. "Unown." He stated and glanced at the dark spots of the cavern. Quilava nudged Glacier. The trainer felt a little better. "I'll be honest...I try to stay away from here...bad memories." He admitted.

“Hey look! Unown inscriptions!!!” Daymon said, pointing at a sandstone section on the wall. Daya grinned when he’d said that.
“I can read Unown! Lemme translate-“ she said, walking up to the wall and clearing her throat. “We are the Pokémon of the ruins.Join us and you might... be spared. What the hell!?” Daya said, reading the inscription. “Ummm..” Daymon said, nervous.

SaiyanDakon

"See...exactly. The Ruins of Alph are cursed to me. That's why I stay way." Glacier said. Dragonair slithered off Glacier and went next to him. These might've been the same thing that took mom away...Nova would probably feel terrible and want Espeon to use Shadow Ball on all Unown but she'll lose. Glacier thought.

“Aha... probably just some idiot- wait, where’d they go!?” Daya said, but when she looked back over, the inscriptions were gone.
“Okay, this is legit creepy. Why are the Unown cursed again? At least to your family?” Asked Daymon, tossing out his Treeko to gaurd him. Daya tossed out her Roselia as well.

SaiyanDakon

"You really don't want to know...Trust me, you don't." Glacier told Daymon, "Well...My grandpa thought that my mom disappeared in the Ruins of Alph." He sighed and shook his head. "I don't want to talk about it.."

"I told her she's kind of stupid, but then I tried to explain what it was. But I guess she can't hear me." Totodile replied, in Pokespeak.

Teiran looked at the inscriptions, and she stared at them. While the others had their backs turned, she saw the inscriptions fly off the wall, as if they were...Pokemon.

"Guys, I think we should go." Teiran said, a bit nervous.

SaiyanDakon

"Its the Unown! Normally, we could take down one because they're Psychic types...but when there are multiple of them, its pointless." Glacier said, nervous too. Quilava and Croconaw tried to calm him down but Croconaw got into the talk between Totodile and Larvitar.

"Croconaw!" (There's no time for chitchat! We have should worry about what's happening now!)

“Holy Arceus almighty, he’ll yes. Lettuce leaf.” Daymon said, and Daya nodded. “The exit is just down the corridor. If we can make it through the main chamber, we’re home free.” She said, turning. But Daymon had disappeared when nobody was looking.

“Where’s my brother?”

Lily's head snapped at the mention of the missing Daymon, and immediatly she had a determined look as both she and Larvitar understood what to do as she set the Teddiursa on the ground and turned to the group.

"Larvitar & I will find Daymon. The rest of you go through the corridor and get out of here. And you little guy can scurry on out with them. You'll be safer there. We'll find Daymon and get him to safety. You have my word on that, or my name isn't Lily Junior Protector of Johto!" Lily said with a smile to the nervous Teddiursa & the group as she gave them a thumbs up before Larvitar turned to Totodile and Croconaw.

"Lar! Tar Larvitar Lar!" (Yeah, we got this. You guys just go and keep each other and your partners safe!)

And with that, Larvitar jumped on Lily's head and she raced through the cave as she called out Daymon's name and kept her lamp raised and eyes peeled for any signs of the missing trainer.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier glanced down at Croconaw. "Hey...Croconaw, you too Quilava. If you see an Unown, don't attack it. They get stronger as we progress down the Ruins, I think." He instructed his Pokemon, then turned his attention to Pidgeot and Dragonair, "That goes for you too." Pidgeot ruffled his feathers as Dragonair nodded.

Akio was following them and grinned at the sound of the ruins. "Yes! The ruins of alph. Haven't been there since..." Akio stopped speaking and looked at some Unowns far away. "Teiran you'll be fine. Trust me these Unowns are useless sometimes." Akio wandered about and read and inscription out loud. "Turn Back now." Akio began to sweat but still acted cool.