• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Journey in Galar- The Return Journey

What region should we go to next?

• Johto

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Unova

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Kalos

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@The Heart of Frostfire., What I mean is, as this is a new RP, it has it's own set of rules as well having it's own bio. The bio is on the first page of this RP. Also please read over the rules for this RP to know what you need to for this RP. I do not mind if you have a more experienced trainer, but I would rather them not have their full team with them at the start as I want this to be a journey where people grow with a new set of pokemon. This does not mean that the other pokemon will not be around, but they will not show up until later on in the story.

I do not mind that she would have a bit more experienced pokemon as she is a researcher and not someone who is competitively competing in contests or gym battles. I mainly wanted the limit of pokemon because of that. Seeing as she would be a good match to help out an inspiring young researcher in our group. I can make an exception for her. @BloodRedRobot, @ThePlayfulFox, Sera would be a great mentor for Jake. She has a unique purpose for her research, and he could learn a lot from her as well. Also this will be taking place where Grace is the main professor of Kanto after taking over from her Grandfather. This will mean that Sera has the means for getting a lab to help in the different regions.

I should ask, do you guys think it would be a bit too lucky/convenient if Jake got a Cranidos from a fossil that happened to be shiny?

If so I'm alright with giving him a regular Cranidos, i just kinda wanted to have a bit of a "this pokemon is rare, we have to keep him safe from poachers" thing or something

Which could be gone with either option to be honest

Question, so my main character is going to be Matt of course, and will be the only character I give 90% of my focus. Now I have some one-off character ideas that would sometimes appear in the story at certain points but then disappear for large sums of time, making them very minor characters. In fact, the one is pretty much going to disappear as soon as Matt arrives. They might have a scene together but that character is just going to do his own thing after that. But since my other two are super minor characters that will be gone more than they would be appearing, would it be okay to make Character Sheets for them when the time is ready? I'd technically be having 4 characters, but only one would be in the main story and the other three would just be random characters to spice things up every now and then.

Also! Maybe we should rebrand the name since this series is all about incorporating old characters maybe we can call it something else besides "Journey in Galar" Even though this is specifically a direct sequel to that RP, we could call it something different and (Saying this as an example, not the final name because I don't like this name lel) But call it "Trainers | Chapter Sinnoh" Clearly the first part needs a more creative name as well as including all the other factions, but I like the chapter part I came up with.

Name: Sera Pine
Personality: Sera is a very eager researcher that focuses on the realm of shiny Pokemon. Sera is pretty energetic, though this energy is died down some by her constantly thinking mind. She is very friendly, and tends to give tips, items, and other services to people. She is also very self-conscious and has very fragile emotions.
Physical Appearance: Sera has medium length dark brown hair that is in a ponytail at just about all times and dark green eyes that seem to reflect her emotions to surface level. She is Caucasian, stands at 5'6, and has a slender build.
Clothing: The young researcher wears a light blue shirt covered by a white short lab coat. On top of her shirt rests a necklace with a four-pointed yellow star pendent. She wears light blue jeans and has black sneakers. Over her shoulder rests a strap that holds up her large, loght-brown messenger bag.
Partner Pokémon: Sparky (Luxray M)
Other Pokémon: Lass (Nidoran* F), Ill (spelt ill) (Bedrill* Male)
Other:

Eh, there are technical reasons to keep the name for the sequel series, since that was the name of the RP thread and this is a sequel. The rebranding is just an idea I had. Honestly, we could even be fine with the title how it is but adds the "Chapter" part if we want to keep it consistent. But really if we want to rebrand then we better do it now rather than later. I'm cool with whatever

@Accepted. I am glad to see her make a return.

As for the characters I do not mind the npcs or the other character until matt shows up. But as I said this is about a month in the current RP. This is so we can have the characters join now.

For the name os the RP I mainly had this name as a place holder until the region was chosen. I have a part of the name picked as I am still working on it.

I don't know if anyone has made an author/photographer or not... but if nobody has I'd like to make one... This character might participate in a contest or two. Maybe battle a gym leader or two ,but his motives is to write books ,and stuff. He's basically gonna be Nyoko from the world journey RP. Except with different pokémon and stuff...

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Name: Adolphian Richter.

Age: Around 20ish, though his real age is something few people know.

Personality: Outwardly 'emo', being somewhat emotionless with a dark edge, as well as a hint of sadness. However, he truly cares about people and Pokémon, and will do anything to avoid fighting or conflict, unless it's to protect someone he cares about. If you manage to gain his trust, he ends up opening himself and will be kind and caring, as well as a bit attached. Regardless of if you know him or not, he's absolutely brilliant.

Physical Appearance: Adolphian is a standard Caucasian male, and looks like what one would expect a German scientist to look like. He's tall, lanky, and is somewhat handsome, with dark maroon hair covering one eye in a decently well-groomed hair cut. He prefers to look good, or at least as good as possible, for he believes that part of his position as an Admin for NanoCorp requires him to both look and act intelligently. He also has strange, purple eyes ringed with golden 'stars', perhaps a result of his cybernetic enhancement, which is obvious due to the odd 'core' like implant in his forehead, somewhat like a more technical Espeon.

Clothing: Adolphian always wears some sort of lab coat-like outfit, always wearing either white, grey, or black, as he doesn't really like wearing colourful outfits. In the cold weather, he's seen with a futuristic-looking white armoured jacket with a few bands of neon green, and trousers fitting the same style. He also wears black boots no matter the weather, as well as a technical visor and black bag similar to a laptop bag, which opens up to show a highly sophisticated equipment rack, and seems to have a lot more storage space than appears on the outside. Depending on the situation, it can act from anything from a standard trainer's set, with Pokéballs, potions, and held items(as well as a few cosmetics for his Pokémon), to a field research kit. In the warmer weather, he wears a jumpsuit similar to his winter gear, but being fully white and having a futuristic vibe to it. The jumpsuit consists of a glowing core in the centre chest area, the colour of the glow changing depending on mood, and glowing bands coming from the core to the neck, legs, and arms. His bag can also be turned into a backpack sort of thing that is worn on the back, which is usually done when he is going to do some amount of physical work.

Partner Pokémon: Evilane, Cybernetically enhanced Leafeon. Her nickname is the Guardian of the Natural World, and she is usually seen with a little necklace and strange headset on. She also has a metal plate over the left side of her face, which is the result of requiring cybernetic enhancement to save her life after what would have been an otherwise fatal accident, similar to RoboCop. And thanks to her cybernetics coupled with her headset, she is able to speak with Humans that don't understand the language of Pokémon.

Other Pokémon: For his other Pokémon, he has Lady, a very protective Kirla who's always seen with a lovely scarf with the logo of NanoCorp Industries sewn into it, and Luftschiff, a strong Starly with dreams to become a carrier bird and to assist her trainer on his missions.

Other: Adolph actually has quite a few Pokémon that have chosen to belong to him and are under his care, however he chose to leave them behind when he was sent on a journey to investigate what life is like as a trainer due to fairness. After all, few trainers start out on a journey with a full team of highly trained Pokémon, and both Adolphian and his company respect that.

Last edited:
I like the idea of cybernetics, but for now I can not accept a team of three pokemon that all fully evolved. Not to say that they will not show up. But in the rules I stated one fully evolved pokemon at the start. They would generally be the person's partner pokemon. I allowed it for Sera because she will not be challenging any gyms. I want everyone to be on the same page kind of at the start. It would be too much for someone who only had a piplup to battle a person with three powerfull pokemon on one team.

Name: Dolan Larch
Personality: Dolan is a mostly happy go lucky guy. He enjoys taking his time ,and doing simple things at his own pace. If you look up procrastination in the dictionary you'll see a half drawn picture of him next to it that says 'I'll finish drawing this picture later'. Dolan is a good kid however. Despite his procrastination he can be a very motivated to achieve a goal with relative speed and ease. He tries to be a nice guy ,and charismatic. At times he can be quite charming given the opportunity, however the opposite could be said as well. Dolan can be a fairly awkward lad as he has little to no concern for personal space.
Physical Appearance: Dolan is a fairly pale complected boy who stands around 5'5 1/2 ft. (He's very self conscious about that extra half inch. Don't call him 5'5 ft. He's 5'5 1/2 ft. His hair is silver. its collar length. he combs it back ,but its kinda messy and spikes up a little. His eyes are pale blue, he always has a blank expression like he's staring into space or looking at your soul or something. He's a fairly thin boy with some muscle on him.
Clothing: He wears a shirt with four large squares; in the top corner is a rainy field, in the top left is the same field ,but cloudy, in the bottom right is the field with hail ,and the bottom left is bright sunny field. In the picture is a castform in its natural form. He wears a purple hoodie with red and yellow patches randomly tossed about(he wears it open revealing his shirt, he wears plain blue jeans with a small patch of green and orange plaid over his right kneecap ,and sneakers with all sorts of colors; blue, orange, gray, white, yellow ,and purple(reference to the regi family). He wears a pair of blue gogo goggles around his neck in case he goes swimming or to the desert.
Partner Pokémon: Ditto(shiny): Aloi
Other Pokémon: Gitchy (if the RP lives long enough I will try to create the normal trainer card in my signature)
Other: Dolan grew up in a somewhat weird family. His father, a man named Daniel, is a former rocker boy who played base guitar in a rock band ,and loves to listen to classic rock music. He likes to think he is still living in his glory days ,but most of those days have long since passed him. Just like his hair line. Then theres his mother, a woman named Deniece. His mother is a bit of a quiet woman at first glance. She enjoys reading books ,and likes collecting glass pokédolls. I said first glance earlier because she's actually a big rock music fan in disguise. Daniel and Deniece like to listen to rock and roll at unbearably loud volumes. Secretly Deniece likes to listen to pop music when Daniel isn't around. Dolan has two siblings. A older sister named Dianne, she is the smartest person in the family. She enjoys playing the viola, the piano ,and all sorts of classical instruments ,but her big passion in life is medicine. She wants to become a medical practitioner when she grows up. His other siblings is his younger brother David. David is the tech person of the family. He spends lots of hours playing video games. David plans to one day create a computer simulator game where people can interact with virtual pokémon. Which seems a lot easier than feeding and taking care of real pokémon. Lastly is Dolan's grandfather on his mother's side. Derrick. Also known as Professor Larch. Dolan's grandfather is an old retired professor who still after all these years doesn't approve of his daughter's husband. Also Daniel is a little jealous cause Derrick still got that full head of hair ,and isn't above letting him know or bragging.

Dolan's father is the manager at a warehouse company ,and his mother is the head staff worker at her library. Dolan had a simple life with decent friends ,and though his parents weren't rich. They did make more than enough money to live a really nice life. Dolan had everything he could ever need ,and just about everything he could want within reason of course.

His first ever pokémon was a ditto he named Aloi. Dolan never realized just how lucky he was when he met Aloi. To Dolan Aloi was just a random blue pokémon. Dolan didn't even know what a ditto was let alone that the average ditto is supposed to be pink! One day Dolan was walking in a field when he mysteriously saw a blue blob in some bushes. When all of the sudden it became a strangely off colored pidgey. Baffled by this he watched as the pokémon attempted to fly away ,but was too injured to actually fly away. He ran over to it which startled the creature into pecking him. As he tried to take the thing to the pokécenter he was attacked by starly. Whatever this thing did it must have pissed those starly off. Dolan got pecked a whole bunch by the pidgey ,but he managed to take Aloi to the pokécenter ,and that's how their friendship started.

Back when Dolan's dad was young he had a huge gambling addiction. So much so that he had three coin cases. He was smart and managed to make tons and tons of coins. He never spent them for some strange reason cause he could never decide what he wanted. One day years later he took his son to a game corner to which Dolan saw a porygon ,but the store owner wouldn't let him have it as it costed coins. Not wanting to see his boy disappointed, he bought the porygon with a small portion of his prize money. He had so much that what the cost of the porygon didn't actually matter much. Dolan would never forget this ,and neither would his father which is why his father made him work to earn the porygon. To which Dolan happily obliged to with cheer. Some time later after paying his dad back. One day Dolan's brother found some strange computer programs to which fried his computer. After having to toss his old computer out he sadly had to wait till the holidays to get a new one. Though the story of his old computer didn't die there... That afternoon Gitchi had somehow knocked the trashcan over ,and was playing with the computer when it went inside the computer ,and somehow come out... differently hence how it became porygon 2. Dolan was surprised to see his porygon had mad such a dramatic change. So was the rest of his family, including his grandfather the most. His brother though never using the computer again decided to keep it for sentimental reasons ,and even allowed Dolan to keep the weird programs seeing how Gitchy seemed to like them ,and yes. David did get his new computer later that year to which he was smart enough to never use strange programs on it again ,or at least without taking precautions.

Dolan enjoys writing books ,and taking pictures. Its one of the few things in life that truly make him happy. He also enjoys working out with his father as his father is in addition to being a former rocker/warehouse manager enjoys exercise to avoid getting a dad bod. His hair line may have given up on him ,but at least his muscles won't. After spending a few years writing books ,and taking photographs with his family as they traveled to different regions.

Dolan had written three books in his life;

'Home sweet Johto' (which is a collection of many pictures, stories, tourist attractions ,and lore surrounding his home region)
'across the silver mountain' (which is a collection of many pictures, stories, tourist attractions ,and lore surrounding the neighboring region of Kanto)
Alohalola(which is a collection of many pictures, stories, tourist attractions ,and lore surrounding surrounding the region Alola. A place his family went on vacation to many times growing up)

At this point in time Dolan finally built up enough confidence to get out of his shell and try to venture to a different region all by himself. Hopefully he would make friends and meet cool people on his first ever journey.

Edit: fixed some minor grammar mistakes...

Last edited:
Is it okay if Dolan has in possession both of porygon's trade items? I'm not going to evolve porygon 2 till much later in the story. Having both in his possession would be convenient as opposed to having to find it somewhere. Though I'm not against that idea if it can be done.

Also Dolan's grandfather might make a few minor appearances. Maybe Dolan talks to his grandpa via computer at the pokécenter. I don't know if his grandpa would make an actual appearance or not. Its possible if you allow it ,but I don't plan on doing it much him being a minor character.

I'm assuming the RP is in Sinnoh... I mean... the votes ,and all...

Will it be possible for Dolan to get a... smeargle, whismur, spinda ,and kecleon later in the RP? These pokémon aren't gen 4 pokémon ,but they are in the game. Thoughts?