• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Journey in Galar- The Return Journey

What region should we go to next?

• Johto

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Unova

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Kalos

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name: Liam
Personality: Liam has ADHD, meaning he has problems with staying focused...typically with conversation, at least for him, he always goes all out in a Pokemon Battle. Sure, he may seem lazy sometimes, but he has a surprisingly sharp eye and sense of hearing when it really counts.
Physical Appearance: About 6'2, with short brown hair and a purple streak, pale skin, and hazel eyes. He's also fairly round around the stomach..not fat all over, but more of a "beer belly", as people call it.
Clothing: He's never seen without his brown jacket and black sweatpants, but what he wears under changes...though he seems to favor black shirts. He also tends to wear black flip-flops.
Partner Pokémon: Duskull (Blake)
Other Pokemon: Aipom (Rudy), Egg.
Other: Really likes making jokes, usually bad ones.

First Name: Matt
Last Name: Maroon
Personality: Matt is a very sarcastic individual, often making jokes at other pokemon and people's expenses. However, he is able to switch into a more serious side given the circumstance and is actually really nurturing to both his pokemon and close friends. Yet, he can be pretty prideful, usually trying to rely on his own strengths before asking help from others. He is short-tempered, however, especially with a certain girl, and often doesn't know when to stop and settle.
Appearance: He has long dark brown hair with brown eyes. He wears an orange polo shirt with a navy blue jacket over it, normal blue jeans, and a red pair of hightops. He also sports a black hat with an orange logo on top of it
Pokemon on hand: Hitmonlee,
Potentially in the box: Roselia, Piloswine
Pokemon in the box: Noctowl, Octillary
Other: Again, just throwing out the application just to have out there, (kinda rushed lel) as I won't be returning until the first RP is done. So by that point, I should be able to have some of my pokemon with me, but if not I'll change it. Perhaps I'm being too stubborn (Most bloody likely) but I kinda wish there was a grandfather clause with the whole limited Pokemon thing, especially since levels don't exist but I'll stop whining like a toddler about it now.

Last edited:
@Sparkstorm1000, The limited pokemon is so that we do not have too many pokemon at the start of the region. It is mainly for new trainers as they would feel they are second class compared to older trainers. Also think of it this way, Matt can make new friends and train a new team with different challenges to face with each pokemon. Take how ash only really brings Pikachu with him to a new region. I am not limiting the pokemon as I want to see some of them return, it is more that I do not want to have a new trainer who may only have one or two pokemon feel like they are not as important to the story. It is also so that we do not have people just rush into the story with say a full team of pokemon and say they can travel the whole region in less then a day. It is not that I wanted to limit the use of the pokemon, I just wanted to stop it from being too out of control at beginning of the RP. Also like I said before we could have the league delayed in the other RP so that would mean that the characters could travel to a new region and then a time skip would accur to say they went on the trip back to Galar for the league. Seeing as the league would have a set date for it to start, we can have the whole thing delayed so it makes since here in this RP as well.

@EmoKitty21 Okay that's actually a pretty fair argument. My problem is just the pokemon that I want to bring along aren't fully evolved and I know I wouldn't make myself super OP, I have to realize we need to balance it out for other people because they might not put limits on their character. Thanks for clarifying more because my issues are almost gone, I just still have the in character reason but there isnt much I can do about that. Unless the first thread dies before we get to league then I don't think we need to set a date or push it back. I think we can go along at the same time. I'm still prob going to wait due to me wanting to see what my character does int he RP so I don't have to guess what his character development will be.

@Red Gallade, well seeing as there are older characters who have travelled to another region and have a full team with a couple spares. I think the cap is at ten with the exception of egg and or baby pokemon mainly used as companions. Though the limit in place is still in affect only one fully evolved pokemon, but any that would not be considered too powerfull at the beginning are welcome along as well.

@Sparkstorm1000, With the delay I mean that it would happen in this time frame of this RP. I am thinking this is about after the current time of the first RP, and then we could have the league be later on the RP depending on where we end up in this one.

Also on the note of other things to do in the RP. I plan to do contests in this one as well. It will be set up in a way to have a bit of excitement for the characters that participate in them. I will give more details later on when I have them sorted out more.

The RP is going to be one focused on the gyms and other activities planned. Everyone is going to have a rival or some force that makes them want to do better. Take contests there are going to be themes that will have the contests giving the character a pokemon to use. It will be up to the owner of said character how that goes if it goes well for them or not. This pokemon will be given to the trainer if they have formed a bond to said pokemon. There will be things that I will throw in there when I can such as people in need of help and things. Jobs that can be done to make a little money and just having a bit of fun with the story.

Ah, okay. In any case, lemme just slide this here.

Name: Victoria Melis
Personality: Due to being raised in a rich family, Victoria does show some traits that a stereotypical rich person would have, although it's not very often. Even though she tries to be more honest with herself, she is not one to admit or express her feelings so easily at times. Once she puts her mind towards something, she usually doesn't back down or give up on it so easily. She can get overconfident at times and tends to beat herself up whenever it leads her to failure.
Physical Appearance: Victoria has somewhat light skin, light brown eyes, and short light blonde hair (the bob hairstyle from the XY games with bangs).
Clothing: She wears a white short-sleeved shirt with a faded floral pattern, grey skirt, black high-knee stockings, black flats, and a black fedora with a white band. She also has an expensive small black backpack.
Partner Pokémon: None yet (A Piplup soon)
Other Pokémon: All of her other Pokémon are back in Kalos
Dislikes: Very dark places, but she tends to hide her fear from others.
Other: She traveled through Kalos, Unova, Hoenn, Kanto, and Johto. She decided to travel to Sinnoh solo this time, not bringing any of her past Pokémon and starting from the very ground up. She did this as a way to test how much she's grown as a trainer.

Name: Ellie Green
Personality: Ellie acts extremely prissy and like one of those 'popular girls' on TV (much nicer though). However, this is just a mask for her brilliant mind and nerdy quirks due to a fear of being bullied. This will be better shown in the RP.
Physical Appearance: She has blonde hair with brown roots (due to dyeing her hair blonde) and blue eyes. She's caucasian and tends to be slender. Ellie is 5'6.
Clothing: Her outfit isn't very suitable for traveling, however she continues to wear it. It is a grey shirt that has it's sleeves stop at her elbows. She wears a pink skirt with ruffles that stop halfway to her knees. White tights continue her decency by going down to her calves. She then wears grey flats with a pink bow on them. She is also supposed to wear glasses, which she keeps inside of her white massager bag with a pink bow on it. (She might have a massive wardrobe change later).
Partner Pokémon: Flora (Female Budew)
Other Pokémon: Buneary
Other: She has a Pokemon field guide instead of a Pokedex. She will also go through major character development.

Name: Zane Marsh
Personality: Zane is mainly seen with a scowl on his face, going through most things with indifference and isn't afraid to be rude, sarcastic or talk back to anyone he doesn't like, he hates loud noises and despises losing, stubbornly seeing it as humiliation. When it comes to rules, he tends to care little for them and isn't afraid of being informal even in front of "important people." Despite all this, he isn't a stranger to kindness and has a clear love for Pokemon, never afraid to step in and help them if need be, the same goes for anyone he "tolerates."
Physical Appearance: He stands at 5'9" with light Fair skin, dark Blue eyes and somewhat long and messy wine Red hair going down to his chin level. His body figure shows that he is rather slim.
Clothing: Zane wears a Fuchsia colored turtleneck with two Black straps forming an X on his chest under a Black ankle long high collared coat with the collar tall enough to reach his ear level and half open, revealing the top half of his turtleneck and White linings across every edge. He wears bandage like wrappings around his hands and forearms, exposing only the fingers, Black pants and Black boots.
When in the Galar Gyms, he changes in to the Dark sports uniform, still having the wrappings around his arms and wears his coat around his shoulders like a cape.
Partner Pokémon: Mawile (F)
Other Pokémon: Bagon (M)
Other: He was born in Spikemuth and most of his Pokemon will likely be those that are lonely or have been abandoned.