• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

"Everyone else will have to wait for Sonia to come by, and she’s almost here...”

"Wait?" Anders mumbled to himself. "All I've done today is wait." He sighed with frustration, blowing away lock of blond hair that was obstructing his view. He decided his Endorsement wasn't worth making a scene over, so he calmly returned to his spot near the door. Saru followed after him, clearly intrigued by the high energy in the room.

"Don't you run off and cause trouble," Anders said quietly. He pulled another Rawst Berry out from the pocket of his trousers. "Sonia will be here soon, and I'll finally get to meet her..."

Anders leaned up against the wall of the lab and held the berry out to Saru. He watched as a girl challenged the excitable Trainer with the Zizagoon and Rookidee to a battle. If a battle was going to happen, he would certainly watch to pass the time.

After hearing from Hop that he doesn’t have any more endorsements, Alistar turns around to find Oshawott missing. “Huh? Hey Oshawott, where’d you go?” He looked around the lab a bit until he spotted him playing with a Totodile. “Oh cool, a Totodile! I’ve never seen one before. Is it yours?” He asked Cosmos.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
A young girl known as Merrie stood in front of the lab, giggling to herself joyfully.
"teehee~, it looks like we are going to have lots of fun!" She called out cheerfully and looked at her pokemons.

Merrie's oddish, Sunshine, stood on her shoulder with a gentle smile. She was excited about the new adventure, yet she tried to stay polite and calm.
Merrie's milcery on the other hand, jumped in joy between the trainer's arms, while giving her usual childish face. Her milcery, Miss Sweet, is still very young after all.

Merrie bursted into the lab immediately, "sorry if I am late!!" She cried out excitedly before seeing the others inside the lab, "oh, I am not disturbing anyone, do I?~" she said with a small giggle, as she felt a little embarrassed.

I

IciclePyx

"Oh yes his name is Fang, i haven't seen this pokemon before either. Oshawott are they a starter of Galar?" Cosmo asked playing with his hair watching them play. "My name's Cosmo... er, may i ask yours? I'm not good with greetings." The white hair male said to Alistar, with a bit of a mumble towards the end on greetings

Ryder smiled at Takoda, but mostly stayed pretty silent. “Thanks man, good to know there are a few people I can count on-“ suddenly, the door opened up.

Sonia, in her fresh Professor labcoat, walked into the laboratory with a smile. “Sorry fo’ being late, stayed too long in my chin-wag with Gran-! Don’t worry though, I assume my assistant got some of you-?” “Yeah, all taken care of, got seven-“ “-Thanks Hop~! Anyway, anyone who wants one, ask me.” She said, twirling her finger around her dangling hair.

Ryder smiled and stood, waiting for a few other to grab their endorsements. He looked at the few other kids getting endorsed. This year might be a bit tough.

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Trent glanced down at his endorsment with a warm smile, before glancing up and over at the other trainers. He noticed the boy that ran out and came back talking with the boy with the Sobble. He let out a soft sigh, the two of them seeming really amped up about the gym challange. Looks like he might get some rivals here.

Despite his slight worry, he put on a warm smile and approached the pair. "Hey there, pretty exciting right? I knew some people would be coming here but wasn't expecting this many. Gonna be an exciting year." Trent said, as Grookey crawled up from his shoulder to the top of Trent's head.

I

IciclePyx

Was that the new professor Sonia, she looked smart and a bit scary to Cosmo, then again females just put him into tiny shell of a hoodie.

"Professor Sonia I presume, hope your full of knowledge... some of us aren't exactly from here so, um. Can i ask my destination? Since Hop is pretty busy with his own plans?" He asked with a friendly smile while tying his stomach in a knot. Cosmo cupped his mouth feeling sick from nerves and looked back down at Totodile... they weren't to distracting.

Anders ogled Sonia as she walked past him to the center of the lab. She was taller than he had pictured in his head, but it could have just been the cyan heels she was wearing. Anders suddenly felt lucky that he was also tall. He pushed past the group of other Trainers and approached Sonia, a maneuver that contrasted his typical reserved disposition.

"Professor Sonia," Anders greeted with a smile. "Anders Hjelmstad. I'm here for an Endorsement for the Gym Challenge. I've read your book on how the Dynamax phenomenon is intricately woven into Galar's history. It was a great read."

A small white nub reached into his trousers. Saru began to dig for more Rawst Berries in his Trainer's pockets.

"Hey, quit that!" Anders shouted, swatting Saru's paw away. He turned back to Sonia. "Sorry," he said, embarrassed. "I would one day like to study the role emotions play in Pokémon training and battling. After my Gym Challenge, of course."

This might be a little long but it's just so I can catch up to you guys a little
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the train stopped at the station, the wagon started to become emptier and emptier. Until all that was left was a mop of blue hair leaning on the side of the window.

There, a guy no older than 17 was fast asleep snoring slightly, hugging a turquoise Piplup. Everything felt so serene in there, the weather of Wedgehurst was perfect, not too hot, not too cold, and the lack of honking cars and heavy machinery was so calming, it's no wonder the guy was still asleep.

Everything looked good, peaceful until there was a loud ding, and the intercom came to life, "To all passengers, the train of Wedgehurst is starting to leave the station." The intercom said.
And with that, a fluff of feathers came from the got up groggily from the hoody looking to the door and realizing it was now closing, the fletchling then started chirping and pecking Lawrence who woke up with a start "wait- what?!" Lawrence said, looking at the door "Oh no!" getting up, he ran for the closing door, but just as he got near it, the door slid closed, and slowly, the train started moving.

"Fuck! Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!" He said running to the back of the cart, opening the door and running to the wagon at the end of the train, Arrow perched on top of his shoulder"Oh Arceus, I'm so dead, I'm so freaking dead!" He kept running and opening doors till he reached the last cart and with that the end of the train.

Running to the last door and knowing what he had to do, Lawrence opened the door, putting his pokemon back into their pokeballs and grabbing them tightly. He then went back to the other door of the cart, and gave one full sprint jumping outside of the cart and landing just beside the railroad; not hurt but little bit roughed up.

"Holy Miltank, I never thought I would have to do that again," He panted, getting up and climbing to the station, now noticing the strange and stunned looks of the people on it.

Blushing madly (not that it could be noticed), Lawrence pulled up his hoodie and tried to avoid eye contact with anyone that might've seen this.

Just as Lawrence was outside of the train station, he tapped his Rotom phone and noticed that he was running late for the meeting at the professor's lab "Shit! I'm running late! " He said and started to run a full sprint to what seemed to be the professor's lab.

He was close, he was so close and running so late, maybe they wouldn't let him join, perhaps they are all gone, maybe he was left behind- all that turmoil made him fail to see the bump in the road in front of the lab causing him to trip in front and hitting face-first into the entrance door.

"ouch..."

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Takoda saw Trent approach him and Ryder as he started to speak. Takoda replied with a smile, “Yeah. It’s pretty exciting. I didn’t know there was gonna be this many trainers either.” Tarte aux Pommes looked off of Takoda’s shoulder and at the Grookey with a welcoming chirp of happiness. He saw the Grookey and said, “Nice. You have a Grookey, and my pal over here has a Sobble. If I had a Scorbunny, we would’ve gotten the trio together. Sadly I don’t, but I got something I think is better. I’m not gonna say it yet so it can be a surprise. And no, it is not the Applin that is on me.”

The Alright Attorney

Trent smiled, starting to feel comfortable around the other trainers. Grookey smiled as Takoda acknowledged him, before glancing down at his fellow grass type, making pleased little chirps as he waved his stick. "Hey, hey, careful buddy." Trent muttered, patting the small Pokémon's back.

"Theres a lot of promising trainers and Pokémon for sure. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us." A small smirk grew on his face. Thinking about battling got him pretty excited, that more hyper side of personality starting to shine through.

The music that came from the dark purple violin was very beautiful and seemed to carry out a fair distance along route 2. Seth was glad to see that the little skitty was still playing and dancing around him. He began to move to the beat along with the kitten pokemon.

The movements that Seth made were graceful and calculated. The 16 year old was smiling and happy to have a dance partner like the skitty with him. She seemed to agree by the way she was moving as well.

The skitty was spurred on by the breeders bright music and graceful dancing. She was very happy to be with the way the trainer was being with his music.

The two seemed to have connected on some level, as they begun to move in unison. The skitty and blond haired boy, were facing one another as they danced to the music. It seemed that neither one wanted to stop it.

Frost was glad to see that Seth was getting along with other pokemon, as he rarely gets new pokemon. Seth is not someone to try and battle for his pokemon, rather he would befriend the pokemon he brings with him. It looked like they would have a new friend to come along with them.

DoggoKing22

"Trust me, we are gonna have a blast fighting each other in the future, mate. I can tell that's a fact!" Takoda said to Trent in an exciting way. He too was looking forward to battling him in the near future. He started giving short pats to the Pokeball that was being held in the secret pocket in his jacket, grinning a little bit. "I WOULD show ya what I have in store, but they're pretty aggressive in public areas, when meeting new people, and when battling. So I'm not gonna show ya what it is.... yet."

Rubbing his sore forehead, Lawrence got up and dusted himself off the best he could.
He then knocked on the door and waited for 5 seconds. After that, he opened the door and watching a group of teens, like him, well some of them were kids; he wasn't going to lie about it; surrounding a cute guy with purple hair.

"Uh, hi! Sorry, I'm late." Lawrence glanced around," Is this Professor Sonia's Lab?"

Michael waited in silence, his Pokemon matching his stoicism with silent calm. After the majority had received their endorsements, Michael stepped forward, proffered his hand to shake the professor's. He gave the slightest smile as he greeted her "Good day, I'm Michael and I would like to thank you for endorsing my gym challenge. I must confess I haven't been in the region for long so of you could direct me to the first gym I would be most appreciative."

Professor Sonia took his handshake and replied "Well first on the list is Turffield City, but first you should attend the opening ceremony, in Motostoke-" She trailed off as someone came in late. Michael thanked her and used the distraction to take his leave, and after consulting his town map, he led his Pokemon on the road to Motostoke. Ahead he saw a young man playing a violin with two Pokemon frolicking around him. He considered addressing the teen but thought against it since he seemed to be having a lot of fun. Instead Michael favored him with a solemn nod. After passing the violin player, Michael stopped by a clearing on the side of the road and told his Pokemon "Time to train, you two. Let's get it on." And with that, the three began their daily training regimen. Cardio, strength conditioning and technique practice was all part of the routine.

When they finished all were tired. Michael massaged Basher's muscles and polished Clubsy's shell. As he did so he discussed their next move. "Turffield is big on Grass types so we should be on the lookout for anything that would give us an edge against such a foe. Let's go find that edge." And with that, Michael went looking for a new partner.

Last edited:
"Nope, Oshawott and I aren't from here. We came from Castelia City in the Unova region. My name's Alistar by the way, nice to meet you!"
Oshawott ran back to Alistar's side. "I guess we should go grab an endorsement then. Just a sec." Alistar headed over to Sonia to grab an endorsement, and lined up behind the other trainers.

Last edited:
Hector smiled as he turned his head to the girl who took up on his offer, but faintly blushed as he wasn't that used to being responded by a girl around his age before. "Perfect, there's a battle ground outside, we'll train there. By the way, name's Hector Fitzroy, what about you?" Hector asked as he walked out of the lab toward where the battle ground was and noticed a boy who just tripped over and his his head on the door.

Hector gritted his teeth and inhaled at the performance. "That's gotta hurt..." Hector said as he opened the door and offered his hand to help the tripped boy up. "You okay there, mate?"

Sonia smiled warmly at the few people who walked up to get their endorsements. “Nice to meet you as well, Anders and Cosmo. I guess I should get you two your endorsements so you can head out on the journey...” she pulled her bag off her shoulder and sat down on one of the lobby chairs.

While she searched, she spoke to Anders. “It’s interesting you’d know and enjoy my book on history, not many people your age have read that...” she smiled and pulled out two letters, signing and naming them both accordingly. “...now this should be all set for you two-!”

Ryder looked at Trent and gave a singular dry chuckle. “You would want to see me when I’m battling. People have told me I’m a whole new animal...” he said, smiling

The Alright Attorney

Trent's small smirk grew as he heard Ryder's words, wondering if he should take that as a challange. "People say the same about me. Can't wait to see you in action." Grabbing his two Pokéballs, he looked up at Grookey and back down to Yamask. "Alright you two, been out long enough. Head back into your Pokéballs for now." Grookey frowned, lightly tapping Trent on top of his head with his stick, before accepting his fate and returning to his Pokéball. Yamask on the other hand seemed relieved, letting out a sigh of relief and tapping on the Pokéball with his stone tablet to return.

"I'm good thanks for asking, nothing that hadn't happened before hahaha," Lawrence said still rubbing his sore forehead and going past the couple that most likely was going outside, to meet Professor Sonia and hopefully not making more of a clown of himself than he already did.

"Hello Professor, my apologies for my tardiness, My name is Lawrence Amantos, the trainer from Sinnoh, We, Uhm, talked over the phone, haha."

DoggoKing22

Takoda started to feel pretty chill sround these two trainers, untill he got an idea that would sound cool to do. "Oi. This gives me an idea. Why don't all three of us journey through Galar as a group? That way, we can win any match that comes across us in the future. And, we can battle each other whenever we want! Plus it's not fun travelling alone. Doesn't that sound good?" Saying this got both him and Tarte pumped up.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alex walked up to the Professor and gave a small wave. "Hi, I'm Alex, I'm supposed to get an endorsement as well?" She said, slightly unsure of herself. Blaze looked like he was raring to start running again, however looked a little tired so he bursted out of his Pokeball and walked over to the door, hoping his trainer would open the door for him. Reluctantly, Alex did and Blaze felt dazed, but shook it off and nearly immediately ran into Takoda's leg again, not concentrating. This time he stayed on the ground near the three trainers, the grass feeling like a warm blanket.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie smiled. "My name's Allie. Well, technically it's Alison but I'd prefer if you called me Allie. This is Eve, and this is Moon." She gestured to her partners, who both waved (or attempted to wave, in Eve's case, but failed miserably).
"So! Are you from around here? I'm not... as you may be able to tell from my accent. I'm Kalosian, I'm visiting Galar to take part in the Gym Challenge."

Hector smiled and waved back at Allie's Pokemon. "Yep, I as born and bred in Wyndon, although my dad originated from Spikemuth. But to come from another region, what's Kalos like... I've never had top grades when it came to geography..." Hector said with slight embarrassment as he held the door open for Allie. "I dunno if you saw 'em or not, but my Pokemon are Zigzagoon and Rookidee... I've never been that good with names." He added.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
She beamed, passing through the door and giving a nod of thanks. "It's great! There's a lot of natural beauty and cultural diversity. Visiting Reflection Cave for the first time was so cool! I was raised in one of the smaller cities, but the bigger ones are awesome to be in too!" It was clear that she loved the region she lived in.

The Alright Attorney

Trent listened csrefully to Takoda's propostion and nodded, stroking his chin in thought. "Traveling together would be good. Give each other advice during the challange and test our skills and stratagies in battles. We'd become much better trainers than if we were on our own. Count me in." The trainer smiled, glad to have have found what seemed liked pretty like minded individuals.

Before Trent could say anymore, a Scorbunny ran right into the group, falling right down on the ground below it. He smiled and kneeled down by the lively fire Pokémon. "Hey buddy, you all tuckered out? Looks like we found the last member of our trio." Trent chuckled, glancing back at the other two trainers, before returning his eyes to Scorbunny. "You already have a trainer pal?"

I

IciclePyx

"Nice to meet you Alistar, and you to Oshawott"~ Cosmo said gently patting the Oshawotts head and picked up his Totodile to speak with Sonia. "Thank you professor, Hop however already gave me mine, i was just unsure of my second step. Forgive me i'm not good with people... this many." He said regarding the crows he found three was a large number. He studied Lawrence once he heard 'Sinnoh' another region, they might be outnumbering the Galarians[Is this even appropriate to say?]. Cosmo kept eyeing the Zigzagoon and Vulpix, and the starters curious if they are all from this region. They all looked like they were in a posy though he sighed at the thought of travelling with strangers that would probably get to competitive. The lad cleared his throat forcing conversation not expecting an answer right away he called out to the others "Do any of you have any Galarian Starters present with you?"

DoggoKing22

Takoda saw the Scorbunny again and looked at Trent and Ryder, “Oi, tis be the same Scorbunny that ran into me a while ago. Knowing this, I can already tell this ‘mon is already someone else’s. Plus, it’s not often you find a starter in the wild.” He looked around at the other trainers near the group, trying to scope out who trainer it belongs to. Unfortunately, Takoda wasn’t able to find out who’s it is. He squatted down to the rabbit Pokémon, “You should prolly head back to ya trainer. Ya gotta learn to stay with them and not be that energetic. Save it for the battles....... unless ya want to join us?”

Maria started feeling a bit weird in the lab. She walked out and walked around as her pokemon followed her. They walked to her house as she unlocked the door. "Ok guys were home ima make dinner." She watched her pokemon as they sat down and Whimsur turned on the tv. Maria unpacked her bags as she found what she was looking for. Maria turned on the stove and put a pot on it. Maria filled it up with water and made sure it wouldn't boil over. Once the water started boiling she put some pasta in the pot. Maria watched the food to make sure it wouldn't burn.

After waiting for the crowd around Sonia to disperse a bit, Alistar walked up to her and began to introduce himself. “Hey, I’m Alistar. I’m from Unova and it’s great to meet such a famous professor! You also wouldn’t happen to have any endorsements left, would you?”

Hector smiled. "Heh, perhaps once I get strong enough, I'll travel to your home region and see for myself." He said as he stepped outside and lightly beckoned for Allie to follow, he saw the battleground ahead of him and it was clear to see that he was rather confident about his little battle as his pace turned to a small jog.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lawrence, and don't worry, I just got here too," Professor Sonia said, handing him her letter of endorsement.

*Acquired:
Endorsement:
This letter is your ticket to be able to participate in the gym challenge. Don't Lose it Lawrence!*
*Endorsement has been put in the key item section*

"thank you, professor, I'll not disappoint you," Lawrence said

"I know you won't, I'm having high hopes for everyone here and the ones that already departed" Professor Sonia smiled, "I think you guys can make Hop have a run for his money."

"Now I recommend you going through route 1 and 2 so you can train and capture more pokemon if you want to, the opening ceremony won't be for a while, so you have some time to train and get stronger" Professor Sonia then started walking to some other trainers "I'll be a little bit busy for a while, so I will see you then "

"Goodbye, Professor" Lawrence turned his head, walking to the exit and waved goodbye to the professor as he kept walking, totally unaware that he was getting dangerously close to the door and hitting himself with it.

Chuckling and blushing a little, Lawrence got out of the lab and took a deep breath. Taking out Reyna and Arrow from their pokeballs, Lawrence then started walking to Route 2 "Well guys, here we go, a new adventure awaits us."

I

IciclePyx

Well you have to admit the lad tried as much as he could the question was probably rhetorical. They all seemed busy anyways. Most of them had a starter. Not all on site perhaps. "I guess training is a good way to get more acquainted with new friends, 'by friends' he meant pokemon since people aren't a that easy to start with neither is friendship. All-though someone energetic, maybe smart and defiantly people who can be serious at the important time may make the ideal travel buddy. Not a large group just some people native to Galar so he doesn't get lost in the wild area to come. Looking around at the others gave him mixed feelings some seemed exciting, others 'noisy'. Cosmo adjusted his left aid removing it from his ear, adjusting the volume while looking through his bag to check for some more snacks for Yamper. "Should stalk up on some more..." He muttered to Fang trying to shake him off his bag. At least he wasn't chomping on anyone's head. Cosmo did a quick double take with a quick wave to well a plant? Or was he waving to Sonia? Hard to tell while looking at the floor. They noticed one trainer collided with the lab door... "Ow" he said with a grief he thought he'd slip up bad like that first. Guess every one has tangled feet. "Bye bye~" He gave a purr to the people in the lab giving one last wave while slipping out backwards attempting to hide Fang gnawing unto his bag still. Pokecenter get?!

Maria put a strainer in the sink since the pasta was ready. She took the pot off the stove and poured the food though the strainer. She put the pasta in 3 diffrent bowls. "K guys dinners ready!" She called out. She put the bowls on the table as her pokemon ran to start eating. they ate all their food and went back to watch tv. Maria ate her food and sat down on a chair to watch tv with her pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stepping off the train in Wedgehurst, Salasa puffed out his chest. His Grookey, Funky, was sitting on his head, looking around curiously at the new faces. “Alright! It’s time for my journey to begin! I’m gonna be as strong as Leon by the end of this! Or...well, no, stronger! Yeah, I bet I can do it!” He ran out of the station to get to Sonia’s lab, Funky excitedly surveying the area. He shot into the lab, happily announcing. “Hi there! I’m Salasa, your new champion-to-be! I’m here to get my endorsement!” He paused for a bit, before rubbing his arm. “I, uh...sorry. I am here to get my endorsement though.”

Motostoke, lively and as loud as ever, home to many, starting place to more. People roamed up and down the streets, and of course, the crew sat in the alleys, waiting. Gabblimey strolled up and down the walk, keeping an eye out for the "call button", which changed location every day. Funds for the crew were running a bit dry, and the people knew that, keeping their distance from her. Fortunately, one sap walked up to her, seeing how she looked like she came from the dump. She took advantage of that weakness, dashing to the nearest metal rubbish bin. She took two branches from her bag, and played the calling card: "Plight of the Poor Boy". A simple beat, tempo 120, One-and-and-and-e-and-a. Light muted trumpet-like noises played in the back as a horde of kids crowded the man. Before he knew it, robbed blind. Gabblimey stood over his body, which laid on the ground as the light music faded.

"Well, 'know wot they say, take from the rich, give to the poor. I'll spare ya the lyrics this time, ya bloody wankah. Pip pip, cheerio!"

She bolted to the base of operations, the town back to the usual pace once more. She took a look at their earnings, quite pleased. It would last them another week or so. She whistled, and all the other kids fell in line, Gabblimey standing on a crate with Cor at her side.

"OI! That was a noice 'aul today, one of the best we've 'ad in a long while. Now I know what you're thinking, the big day is coming where we finally take the town by storm. 'owever... we shall wait a while. Don't want to go disappointing Kabu, and you all should celebrate and root for me when the time comes. I'll be the best bloody Champion Galar 'as ever seen! 'Ip 'ip!"

They all cheered, excited for their fellow poor girl turned future star. Cor bounced happily at the support, ready to head into action. Gabblimey hopped off the crate, and headed down into the Wild Area for a bit of training. She didn't want to and wouldn't let her crowd down.

Maria watched tv with her pokemon for a hour or two. She got up out her seat and said. "OK guys ima go take a bath." Witch to them means. "Get ready to take a bath." Because she always bathed her pokemon after her bath. Maria walked to the bathroom and started her bath her pokemon stayed on the couch watching tv.

Kia walked off the train with a yawn. "Why don't I ever wake up?" She muttered to herself. Kia realised she was gonna be late at this point, so she ran at full speed to the lab. When she got there, she rubbed her eyes in an attempt to stay awake and walked through the door. She saw that it was busy. Really busy. She walked over to Professor Sonia counting as many pokemon as she saw. When she finally got over to Sonia, she said, "You probably already know but I'm here for endorsement." Sonia signed a piece of paper and asked Kia's name. "Oh, I'm Kia" She had finally got an endorsement and smiled. She didn't stop to talk to anyone, and left the lab. When she got out she let Mudd out. "Mud, Mud!" She knelt down and showed Mudd her endorsement letter. "You know what that means, right?" Mudd nodded and hopped on Kia's shoulder, and Kia set off.

He got his endorsement, and quickly set out to explore a little. “So, let’s see...” he checked his Pokedex, a gift from his mother when she was doing the gym challenge. “Nothing I really wanna catch here...might as well meet someone on the gym challenge, right? Make ourselves a rival!” Funky tapped his head with his stick, his way of agreeing. Salasa grinned, looking around to finding someone...then he saw Kia and Mudd, along with that Endorsement letter. He walked up to them, a grin on his face. “Hiya! You’re a part of the gym challenge too, are ya? I’m Salasa! Nice to meet you! I’m gonna be the next champion, in case you couldn’t tell!” Funky blinked, staring curiously at Mudd. “Oh, and this is Funky! He’s my Grookey!”