• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

Maria was playing with her pokemon. Cutiefy and Whimsur where playing tag. Maria was watching on a park bench. She watched the 2 going back in forth one tagging the other. Maria put there food bowls and called out. "Ok you two snack time!" Cutiefly and Whimsur ran over and ate up all there food. They went back to playing tag. Maria went though her bag and took out all there toys witch she left for them in one of there food bowls.

Hector picked up Zigzagoon and watched as his Rookidee returned to his shoulder with a cheerful tweet. "You mates ready to get inside? I know I am." Hector's Pokemon replied cheerfully, eager to get started and get stronger, with that they began to enter the lab and were taken back in awe at the sight of all the flora and books within it, something he wouldn't expect any less from a Pokemon professor. "Anyone else still outside wanna get their endorsement and everythin' or what?" Hector called out to anyone else still present.

Last edited:
The two played tag for awhile but they started to get bored. Whimsur went on a swing while Cutiefly got a toy out her bowl. Cutiefly nipped on her toy while Whimsur swung. Maria yawned and told her pokemon. "Ok i think its time to go home."Cutiefly put her toy back in the bowl and got on Maira's shoulder. Whimsur got off the swing and ran to Maria. Maria put there bowls and toys in her bag and they walked back to town.

“Aye, if it was just an accident it’s all right, no need to drag yourself through the muck fo’ that. Call me Ryda’, pleased to meet ya!” Ryder said, smiling. Ryder rubbed Wobble’s head, whose head was on his head, because he had laid his head on his head.

Someone was coming down the stairs of the small laboratory. It was someone who seemed to be very young, and he was dressed in some Pretty average looking clothes. “What’s up, mates? See, Sonia’s down at that professor’s house down Route 2, doing stuff for ‘er Grandma Magnolia.” He put his hands behind his head. “Name’s Hop, former Gym Challenger who made it to the champion cup, now made Professor’s Assistant. And, guess what, I’m the old champ’s younger brother and the new champ’s one and only rival-!” He said, spilling out a lot of words.

Hector widened his eyes to see who came in instead of the professor, his Zigzagoon looked up at his awestruck trainer. "I've heard of you! Bet you're brother's proud o' the bloke you've become." Hector said almost like a fan, but he didn't think it should be surprising as he was someone who watched almost every battle there was on television.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Noah found that Alex to be from another region to be quite interesting and noted to learn about Alola later on before proceeding to answer her question.

"I don't know how it work where you're from, but I know Galar is a bit special in it's challenge for trainers. You need someone to allow you to enter the gym challenge, where you do a mission and fight trainers, then fight the gym leader to get your badge. If you get 8 badges you can go enter a tournament called the Champion Cup where the winner is determined as the champion. That's the gist of it basically. Our previous champion stayed undefeated for a long time though, until our current new champion beat him recently. I don't know what you need to be able to endorse, or allow someone to take part in the gym challenge but you probably need to be part of the Gym Challenge's staff."

When Noah finished explaining how it worked the Professor's Assistant came downstairs and introduced himself. Noah already knew about him and was kind of a fan, rooting for him during his fight against the current champion during the Champion Cup. Noah was a bit surprised Hop was going to be endorsing them since he thought the new Professor Sonia would, but it turned out she was just busy. He didn't really mind either way.

Anders enjoyed his stroll through Wedgehurst, despite what his humorless expression might have let on. Saru walked beside him, continuing to be enticed to follow his Trainer toward the lab by Rawst Berries. Anders wondered if Darumaka outside of Galar shared the same fondness for the small blue fruit.

He arrived at the Research Lab, which was housed within a tall, tudor-style building. Although it looked as though most of the other Trainers had already gone inside, Anders took a moment to collect his thoughts. He was no stranger to the work of Professor Sonia; he had been assigned readings from her works on the Dynamax phenomenon while at the Trainers' School in Jubilife. On one particular occasion, he had stumbled across her photo and blurb on the rear flap of the dust jacket and had thought she was nothing short of stunning, his 14-year old vocabulary not serving him well in expressing his emotions. Anders's admiration for Professor Sonia had developed into somewhat of a crush, though he would never admit it. He was very attracted to intelligence.

Anders smirked slightly at silly fantasies of his first meeting with Sonia as he approached the door of the lab. He stepped inside and stood quietly in the doorway. All joy drained from his face and was immediately replaced by disappointment. He expected to see flowing, peach colored hair cascading gently over the face of a beautiful woman with enchanting blue eyes. Instead, he was greeted by a boy with a goofy grin in average looking clothes.

“Name’s Hop, former Gym Challenger who made it to the Champion Cup, now made professor’s assistant. And, guess what, I’m the old champ’s younger brother and the new champ’s one and only rival-!”

The other Trainers in the room appeared to be wonderstruck by Hop, especially one young man with a Zigzagoon and Rookidee, but Anders just sighed. He decided he would stick around to hear what Hop had to say, as it would undoubtedly be valuable information for his Gym Challenge, but would leave to make his way down Route 2 to Professor Magnolia's house afterwards. He joined the crowd of Trainers in front of Hop.

While they were walking some people stared as Cutiefly looked like a puffball with eyes and wings. Maria just brushed it off as she walked. Whimsur was holding Maria's hand cause he was sorta scared when he went out in public even tho he had been to this place more then once.
"Ok guys were gonna stop by the store real quick you guys want anything?" Whimsur looked up and Maria. "Whimsur Wim!" Witch means he wants ice cream. Maria looked at Cutiefly. "You want ice cream to?" Cutiefly nodded. She put them in there pokeballs as Maria walked in the store. When she came out she had some bags and two ice creams. She sent out her pokemon and gave them there ice creams.

Last edited:
Hop put his hands behind his head, a small blush appearing on his face. “Hehe, you all are too kind. It’s true, I’m a strong trainer n’ all, but I’m definitely not as strong as Grant, so don’t think I’ll be beating him anytime soon. See, Sonia’s heading back now, so she told me to endorse as many of you as I could before she got there so she could do the rest, so...” he smiled and looked in his bag, several un-signed letters of endorsement in it. He pet the shiny Eevee on the head as he passively looked through the bag.

“You Three. The one with the Zigzagoon, the one with the Eevee, and the one with the Applin, come on over so I can endorse you lot, you look to have a lot of potential...” he said, pulling out three.

Ryder smiled, looking at the trainer Hop. He’d definitely liked his battle style, and he’d heard some news about him recently, but couldn’t exactly remember what. His Sobble squeaked, overjoyed.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Suddenly, a blue-haired girl with an Eevee on her shoulder burst into the lab. She had a shimmering Ralts trailing behind her, occasionally teleporting to catch up.
"Sorry I'm laaaatteee!" she cried, before promptly tripping and faceplanting on the floor.
The Ralts behind her gave an apologetic look to the group. Clearing her throat, she spoke in broken telepathy, her voice high-pitched. 'Yes. Uh... This is Allie.'
As if on cue, Allie sprang back up, looking rather embarrassed. She put her hand on her head, her cheeks turning pink. "Yep, uh... that's me!"
She hoped no one would recognize her, seeing as she'd just made the worst possible entrance. Then again, that was a pipe dream. Eve, the Eevee, looked like she wanted to vanish into thin air.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alex took in the new information Noah gave her. "I think I get it." She said before looking over to the Professor's assistant. She's never heard of him, however might've seen his match before on TV. It was a slight glimpseof him as her parents changed the channel frequently but she couldn't recall the memory well.

`` Oh, umm.. Okay! `` She then looked at Allie come in. `` More than 3. Cool! `` She looked at the ralts. `` Hmm. A blue ralts..? `` She looked confused. A tailow shot out of a pokeball. `` Oh hi Kris. `` She said while petting the tailow. `` Anways.. `` She stretched and the Tailow went onto Ashley's head. `` Anways, come on.. Umm, Allie..? Right..?, Whatever! Lets go! ``
Her eyes were filled with determination as she picked up Silver in her arms.

Maria saw everyone going to the lab. "Guess there's a meeting today?" Maria with Cutiefly on her shoulder and holding her Whimsur's hand walked into the lab. "I don't mean to interup and i'm sorry if i am just i saw some people coming in i thought there was a meeting." She picked up her Whimsur and held him in her arms.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
This Hop fellow was really familiar to Toakoda. And knowing that he’s the brother of the old champion shows that he is one tough trainer when it comes to battling. Takoda stood up as Tarte hopped (hehe puns) back into his hood. He looked at Ryder and gave a smile, “I’ll see ya later, buddy.” He walked over to Hop and extended his arm out for a handshake. “Hi! I’m Takoda. It is an honor meeting ya, mate.” Besides Takoda, Tarte was really excited to meet Hop.

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Trent walked forward towards Hop aswell, awkwardly walking around the others. "Umm, sorry for not stepping up, I just wasn't sure how to introduce myself and well..." He trailed off. Despite being older than Hop, he was still a little star struck by the powerful trainer. "I want to participate in the Gym Challange too." Trent's meek expression grew serious, Grookey and Yamask nodding their heads in agreement. "I may be a bit older but now is the time. I know it "

Seeing that he had a small audience, Seth picked up the pace of the music. It became a much more upbeat and happier tune then it was before. Frost was at her trainer's side and started to tap her foot to the beat. She kept up with the music, and so did the skitty.

The skitty was a great performer as she loved to run around dance. She seemed to have a lot of energy and showed that she was very well versed when it came to music. Seth was very glad to see that she was having fun with his music.

I

IciclePyx

Cosmo heard Hector's call to the endorsement and quickly clung to the door and wall as the flower, moving himself inside trying his best not to step on any pokemon or bump the other trainers. His eyes skimmed the room and stopped on the lovely white Frosty Vulpix that he was eager to pet. Resisting was easy although his interest was perked he also noticed a strangely edgy Zigzagoon that looked much different from the ones he was used to seeing. The trainer was confused this lab was very different homey really, he was curious of this regions starter preferably grass, was it that Apple? Applin moving in their trainers hood probably comfortable that would be hard to do with Totodile... Fang. "Feeding time, but... stay near me please" Cosmo pleaded letting them out for a stretch. "Stay please." He said receiving a rather sad look from Fang. He took out a half a sandwich and sighed tossing it upwards. Fang jumped into the air gulping his catch in a hurry.

Hector smiled widely as he walked ever closer to Hop and unintentionally held his Zigzagoon even tighter which caused the latter to struggle briefly until Rookidee pecked at Hector's arms to make him drop the zebra striped rodent and realize his mistake. "Sorry 'bout that mate... I got too excited." He said before he looked back up at Hop, eager to receive his endorsement.

“Aight then, so one for Ashley, and Takoda, and Hector... great! That’s three squared away.” He signed their names and his own name on all three, handing them out. He heard all the compliments toward him. “Guys please, I’m not that strong, honestly, it’s too much...” he chuckled embarrassedly.

He looked at the few people who’d come in asking for Endorsements as well. “Whoa whoa- Listen, I’m giving them to anyone here, So don’t worry your heads off-!” He said, chuckling to himself. “Anyone who wants one step up, I’m taking three more.”

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Trent's serious expression relaxed at Hop's words, and he felt a warm blush come over his face, feeling slightly embarresed. He let out a soft chuckle, scratching the back of his head. "Guess I didn't need to be so dramatic, sorry." Trent said with a smile.

After a few seconds, Trent relaxed, and even started to feel a bit more comfortable around the other trainers, turning to them. "Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, I'm Trent, and these are my partners, Grookey and Yamask." He introduced himself and his trusty team to his fellow gym challangers.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie, rubbing her head, stepped forward. Moon trailed behind her, with Eve getting back on her shoulder per the usual.
"I'd like an endorsement, please. I'm Allie Silverstone, and these are my partners: Eve and Moon. And I gotta say: your performance in the Champion Cup was pretty impressive! You should have seen my big sis... she kept pausing the recording so that she could analyze all the tactics!" Her eyes were glimmering as she spoke in her brisk Kalosian accent, as she became lost in her excitement.

I

IciclePyx

The white hair lad gestured to Fang to get them to leap up into his arms so they wouldn't go nuts like Ponyta did. He walked over to Hop waving slowly with a nice smile greeting, ready to get an endorsement. "So do i just take this to the battle tower?" Cosmo wasn't to sure what to do in a new region. Even gyms were foreign to him. Being shy didn't stop him from waving to the others he looked over and stopped on Toakoda being so ever tall. Fang was squirming in his arms wanting to take a nibble on their Applin. "That's a pokemon not food Fang..." He said with a slight giggle and shut his mouth in embarrassment. He tried to turn his attention back to the task.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maria watched her pokemon and looked back and Hop. "Is it ok if i join you on your adventure?" She asked nerves to talk to someone so famous. She went back to watching her pokemon not knowing what he would say.

Anders was a bit overwhelmed by the other Trainers, all of whom seemed to be either conversing with one another or shouting at Hop. He slipped past the group without drawing attention to himself. He did not feel particularly shy, but he did not want to be held up at the lab any longer. (He observed that Hop and the Trainers seemed to get distracted very easily.)

"Come, Saru," he said, motioning for the Darumaka, still snacking on a Rawst Berry, to follow.

Anders approached Hop and tried to force a smile, but he still came across rather cold. "Hello," he said simply. "Anders Hjelmstad. I'm here for an Endorsement."

Saru appeared from behind Anders and waved up at Hop.

`` Wow. This is a crowd! `` Ashley said in excitement. Her eevee and taillow sat around and looked at the other trainer's. `` EVERYONE! If we become rival's.. I'LL KICK YOUR BUTTS `` She said as her eyes shined. She looked like a nice friend and a worthy enemy. She then put taillow and eevee back in their pokeballs and looked ready.

DoggoKing22

Takoda grabbed his endorsement with a big smile on his face as he thanked Hop. He walked away and headed outside, looking at the endorsement on the way out. When he got outside, he pumped his fists in the air with excitement, “Yes! Endorsement is gotten! Gym leaders, here I come!” Tarte aux Pommes was jumping up and down in his hood with the most amount of energy it had.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie turned to Ashley, seeing no harm in talking to the other Challengers while waiting for her endorsement. "Really now? I'll take you up on that." She gave her trademark wink, her eyes shining with determination.
"Vee-veeeeeee!" Eve declared, standing up on Allie's head. Moon looked rather embarrassed.

“Okay- Okay- I’ll get all of you that I can-!” He chuckled, looking through the bag again. “See, I’m not going on a journey per-say. I’m actually doing something else entirely...” he smiled, and nodded. “But that’s just a little secret...”

“Okay, so I’ll get an endorsement for Allie, Trent, Cosmo, and Maria. Everyone else will have to wait for Sonia to come by, and she’s almost here...” Hop said, while Ryder stood and waited, a hand on his chin.

I

IciclePyx

Cosmo raised his brows in thought, what exactly was Hop trying to hide not being able to journey with anyone. Sneaky? He thought he possibly was going to do what they were doing in secret little did he know... "Thank you Hop. I got into a small little battle earlier so i;ll hed back to that pokemon center i saw earlier. Should i return back to meet Sonia? Maybe she can explain the next step?" Cosmo asked having all those questions come flooding at once. Despite how busy Hop looked, he felt a little bad with the questions, he let Fang down so it could play with the Oshawott nearby for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Well, guess we have to get our endorsement from the Professor." Alex said to Noah. She looked up the Professor of Galar on her new Rotom Phone, and now knows that she studied the history of Galar and Dynamaxing, including something called "The Darkest Day". Apparently she wrote a whole book about the history of Galar. Alex was thinking about buying it to understand the unkown region for her.

DoggoKing22

After letting out his energy outside because of the endorsement, Takoda quickly turned around and grabbed the door to the building, saying to Applin, “I should prolly wait for the others to get their endorsements. Plus, it would be rude if I just left before anyone else.” He opened the door and walked back inside and sat down in the same seat again. Takoda looked at Ryder, who standing at this point, and smiled, “Sorry I left, mate. I should prolly wait till ya get your endorsement first.”

Hector smiled widely as he received his endorsement letter. "Thank you so much, with this, I'll have a chance to compete and become the strongest trainer ever!" He shouted confidently as his Pokemon cried out with excitement. "But first, I'm gonna do what ever trainer should do... train!" Hector said confidently as he got out two Poke balls and returned his Pokemon to them. "Anyone else feel like training?" He asked as he looked around at everyone else.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
After getting her endorsement, Allie smiled widely. "Merci beaucoup! I wish you the best of luck in... well, whatever it is you're doing!"
She heard someone asking for someone to train with, and she turned around. Her eyes seemed to sparkle, anime-style.
"I'll battle you! Two-on-two?" she asked, gesturing to Eve and Moon.