• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

Kia looked sceptically at the trainer who just approached her. He told her his name was Salasa. "I'm Kia. As long as you don't bother me I won't get in your way. Unless if you want to head to Route 1 with me, stay away." She said walking away. "Oh, and this is Mudd, she's my partner. She might be a little, how do I say this, rascal, but she's still friendly."

He blinked, a bit lost. This wasn’t exactly the start he was expecting, but he wasn’t about to back down. “Oh, you’re heading to route 1? I’ll come with! I could use some training! I wouldn’t mind finding some berries either...that’d be nice.” He chuckled, before realizing Kia had already started leaving. “H-Hey, wait up!” He quickly hurried up, Funky happily greeting the trainer with a wave of his stick.

Kia looked back at Salasa. She had been pretty harsh, but Salasa was the one that approached her. "So you wanna be the champion, right? Well I might be a problem for you, seeing as you are coming to Route 1 with me." She looked around and headed towards a nearby bush with berries. She knew that if Salasa was going to travel with her, he would become her rival. "Never seen these berries before!" She said pulling out a notepad from her bag and jotted down, Orange, radish shaped berry with a short green stem. "I've gotta find out what these are." She muttered looking at Salasa.

Michael moved down the trail leading to Motostoke. He could have ridden the train there and arrived far ahead of schedule, but he wanted to see if he could acquire a new partner along the way, to help flesh out his team and face the challenge of the Turffield gym. They had already faced several wild pokemon, learning more about battling with every fight. It was nighttime and the temperature had dropped significantly. The wind whipped through the grassland of the Wild Area, stirring frost from the grassland all around. His team approached an area with a lot of rocks. Even through the wind Michael could hear a fluttering of wings.

Michael brought out Basher, and gestured for the Timburr to follow quietly. The two flattened themselves against a boulder and Michael took a peek over the top, seeing a white pokemon flying about ten feet off the ground. It had a rounded body with colored geometric shapes on it. His Pokedex, with volume turned off to avoid giving away his position, revealed the Pokemon to be a Togetic. With the data scrolling across his screen, Michael made the snap decision to catch it. Michael raised his right arm upwards at a right angle to his elbow and swept it forward in pantomime of a throw, his hand signal for Rock Throw to Basher. With such a copious amount of rocks strewn about, the Timburr had no trouble seizing something to throw. Using its board to crack a large rock into manageable chunks, Basher struck the Togetic with a surprise attack. The Fairy-Flying type fell to the ground, its flight unsurprisingly disrupted by having a large chunk of aggregate applied to its body at significant velocity. Michael burst from cover, recalling Basher and sending out Clubsy, the Aron's typing leaving it ideally suited to absorb any punishment the Togetic could put out. Michael had no intention of letting this encounter getting that far.

"Use Stealth Rock to trap it!" Michael commanded in a sharp but not angry tone. His Pokemon spat a series of glowing stones that enveloped the Togetic. As it tried to rise, these rocks dug into its hide, weakening it further. The Togetic projected a blast of pink energy towards Michael, who was running full tilt and so had to roll to avoid it. Clubsy was not quick enough, and took the blast head on. But being a Steel-type, Clubsy marched through the blast with only a grunt of annoyance. Michael finally got close enough to hit the Togetic with a Pokeball. The Togetic let out one last defiant cry before the compact miracle of technology drew it inside. After a tense moment, the ball ceased its shaking and lay still. Michael breathed a sigh of relief and picked up the Pokeball. He cautiously let the Togetic out and gently patted it when it began to panic "Hey, hey, hey... Calm down. You're among friends now. Here, hold still and I'll heal you." Michael applied a potion and the Togetic noticeably eased up as its pain faded. "Now then, I think it's time to rest." Michael said calmly as he recalled all his pokemon. He began to set up his camping gear in the nearest tree cover he could find. Once he did so, it would be time for everyone to get acquainted with their new teammate.

`` Gosh.. This is one crowd.. `` She said to herself. `` I'm ready to beat the challenges! `` She screamed as her eyes shined. Ashley's eevee sat there waiting for her to calm down. Her taillow flew around everyone for no reason.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
She stepped onto the battlefield, readying her stance. She glanced at Eve, then down at the Pokeball on her belt, then back at Eve again.
"Hey, Eve. You mind if I give Moon a chance?"
Eve looked rather disappointed, giving an annoyed huff. <Fine.>
Allie smiled, then threw her Pokeball forward. "Moon, go!"
The shiny Ralts emerged from the red and white capsule, in a burst of glimmering sparkles. The pair waited for their opponent, ready on their side of the field.

“Not at all, not at all! I was thinking of having a Rival, and you seemed like a good choice! Hey...we could even travel together! That’d be neat!” He grinned, becoming a bit distracted by a passing Skwovet. “Ooh, berries? I’m good with berries! Hmm...I think that’s a Pomeg Berry. The flesh is sweet and spicy, but it gets bitter as you chew it. It’s one I’ve never seen before, but I’ve read a lot about berries!” He grinned. The Grookey hopped down, nabbed a few, and put them in Salasa’s bag. “I really like eating berries, so it’s good to know a lot about them.

Kia took a minute to think about it, before writing pomeg next to her description and putting her notebook away. "Fine, I'll travel with you, but don't expect me to be kind to you." She saw the Skwovet that had distracted Salasa and said, "Are you thinking of catching it?" The Skwovet was already gone so she followed it and gestured for Salasa to follow, "I you won't, I will." Mudd jumped off Kia and ran ahead.

He blinked, his eyes lighting up a bit. “Really? Well, that’s probably cooler than a rival! Thanks!” He thought for a bit, then shook his head. “No...they take berries. Lots of berries. Bad memories of home, really.” He mumbled, before hurrying after Kia, with Funky following close behind.

Kia returned Mudd to her pokeball. "Well, here goes! Uma, use Stomp!" Her elegant ponyta emerged from the ball, landing near the Skwovet. Uma lifted his front hooves up high, before slamming them down on the Skwovet. The Skwovet fell to the ground, but got back up and used Body Slam. "A Skwovet with Body Slam?" Uma almost dodged it but got hit on his rear. "Agility, then Stomp again!" The Skwovet leaped at Uma and used Bite, but Uma dodged and landed the Stomp. "This is my chance!" Kia threw a pokeball at it. The ball jiggled twice before the Skwovet broke free. It used Body Slam, luckily not paralyzing Uma. Kia decided not to catch it as if it broke free it would faint Uma... In front of Salasa! "Uma, Confusion!" Uma fainted Skwovet, and Skwovet shortly fled after battling. "Too bad, I had thought of a nickname as well." She looked at Salasa, "What are you planning on catching, anyways?" She questioned, trying to take her mind off the battle.

Salasa watched excitedly, making a small “aww, man...” as the Skwovet ran away. “Well, it’s ok. There are plenty of Skwovet around!” He grinned, before thinking. “Well...I’ve always really liked Alcremie. There are usually Milcery around my hometown, but I don’t really know if there are any here. Otherwise, I dunno. I’ll probably think of something!” He grinned, as he took out a Nest Ball. Out came an Applin, which quickly hid in the apple once it took one look at Kia. “This here is Smith! He’s my first ever Pokémon. He’s a lil nervous around new people, though. So, uh...what’s that other Pokémon you have there? I’ve never seen anything like it!”

"You mean Uma? He's a Galarian Ponyta. I caught him near my town, Hulbury. My mum allowed me to catch it because we had only just moved there. I saw an Appletun before and I wanted to catch it, but I couldn't. I got Mudd in Hoenn, from Professor Birch. Thinking about it, it's weird why we moved here in the first place." She said continuing to walk. She was thinking about something but didn't really want to. She healed Uma while still walking somehow, before returning him to his pokeball. "Ok, so I decided I wanna battle you! You don't have to, but it'll be a good way to make our teams stronger. Also, sorry if I keep suddenly leaving, I sometimes forget you are there." She said.

“Neat! My mum has an Appletun...that’s how I got this Applin, it hatched from an egg! I’ve been with Smith since I was 8!” He grinned, before stopping short. “Huh? A battle? Well...sure thing! I’ve never been in a real battle before. This’ll be fun! Alright Smith, let’s do this!” He grinned, the Applin poking her eyes out, before preparing for combat.

(Since a lot of you have used Sonia to grab your endorsements, I'll just...)
Sonia finished the endorsements, and Ryder finally walked up and recived his. He and Wobble looked it over before grinning, Ryder shooting his fist in the air. "Heck YES! The first step in my book of legend!" He yelled, causing Sonia to give Hop a knowing look, Hop making a half-chuckle to himself.

"Seeing as I got my endorsement, let's have a chin-wag about journeying together... AFTER I get myself a right and proper battle!" His eyes took on a fire, if only for a second. "Now, which onna you lot's gonna entertain me? I ain't Leon, but I do say..." He took on a massive grin. "...we're gonna have an absolutely Champion Time!"

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
After getting her endorsement, Alex walked out the door, and could see three boys near her age around Blaze, who, seemed to be napping. "Ah, great.." She groaned. " Sorry if Blaze caused any trouble, though he seems to be tired out." Rose waddled up to her friend on the floor, giving him a slight nudge, before the Scorbunny and Bounsweet was returned to their pokeballs. " Hi, my name's Alex!" She introduced herself to the three of them.

I

IciclePyx

Cosmo arrived at the pokemon center to get every one nice and rested, this was the only time Totodile would actually go inside a pokeball in public. "Please wave to me when their okay, I can't really hear all that well" the male replied with a friendly smile and did a quick bow and retreated to the nearest seat. He skimmed over his endorsement a few times a sigh of relief escaped his lips for his first step being complete. He browsed the web on the Rotom phone while he waited on the all clear. Cosmo looked over and noticed her waving to him and blushed slightly impressed by the speed. He had hopes of being a speedy Professor one day in some far away region. Totodile burst out of the pokeball when he gathered them into his belt practically tripping him as he leaned on the counter. "Want to meet our new friend?" He said releasing the newly catched electric Corgi. Checking the dex entry she was female and quirky. "Hello Yamper" He said to her patting Totodile's head. Fang's jaw dropped and he eagerly started to jump around, but Yamper wasn't impressed she turned around facing away from both Fang and Cosmo with a sulk.

After Maria took her bath she dried off and put her night clothes on. She walked into the living room and picked up her Cutiefly. "OK Cupcake bath time!" She carried her Cutiefly to the bathroom running warm water in the sing and putting in a plug. She put Cutiefly in and poured some water on her. She picked up the soap and started bathing her. She rinsed her off. Maria took her out the sink. "Look at you all clean!" Cutiefly looked up and Maia responding only with "Cutiefly! Cutie!" She put Cutiefly on the bathroom counter as she plugged in the blow dryer. She put it on warm and started drying Cupcake. When she was done Cutiefly's fluff was all puffed up. Maria brushed Cutiefly getting her fluff back to normal. Maria put Cutiefly on her shoulder and brought her back to the living room putting her on the couch. "OK Whimsur your turn." Maria picked up her Whimsur and brought him into the bathroom. Maria did the same thing that she did to Cutiefly but she dried him off with a towel not a blow dryer. She put Whimsur back on the couch as Maria sat back down as they watched tv.

Wyndham was late! He had to ride on the train all the way from Wyndon, so it took him much longer than the other gym challengers to get to Wedgehurst. It definitely didn’t help that his train had been delayed for a herd of Wooloo on the tracks. As he ran out of the station, he soon noticed that the crowd was dispersing from the lab. However, he managed to spot the professor.

Before he reached the professor, though, he saw a trainer (Ryder), likely recently endorsed, who was asking around for a battle. He couldn’t resist the opportunity to fight, especially right in front of the professor. He should to prove to her that he was worthy of an endorsement, even if she would give him one anyway.

So, Wyndham stared at Ryder calmly and said, as he released his Honedge, “I’ll fight you.”
Honedge immediately grabbed onto his arm, wrapping around it and sucking life energy from its owner, who had also grabbed on to its hilt, signaling to it that it was allowed to take his life force. This had been a habit of theirs before battle for as long as Wyndham had ever known Honedge. He knew it would probably kill him someday, but he couldn’t quit. After all, the extra energy seemed to power up his partner every time, and he believed it was one of the reasons Honedge was so strong.

Hector let out a whistle in amazement at the fact Allie had a shiny Pokemon with her, he had heard about the rare sightings of Pokemon of a different color, but to see one in person was something else. "A Shiny? Nice one." He said before he got out one of his Pokeballs and threw it skyward, out of it came his Rookidee who let out a confident squawk, his other Pokeball opened and his Zigzagoon came out to watch the battle that was about to unfold.

Alistar thanked the professor after receiving his endorsement. He would finally be able to participate in a gym challenge! He took out his town map to see which town was closest by. “Back to Motostoke it is then!” He put Oshawott back into his pokeball, and started to make his way back to the train station, when a Pokémon caught his eye. He recognised it instantly as a Pawniard. They were very common back home, he’d seen them a lot on TV when he was younger. He knew the moment he saw it that he wanted to catch it. “Alright Oshawott, lets do this! Use Razor Shell!” Oshawott had taken the Pawniard by surprise, landing the hit with ease however the Pawniard countered with Metal Claw, hitting Oshawott square in the face. “Ok, finish this with Aerial Ace!” Once again, Oshawott easily stunned the Pawniard with his attack and Alistar threw the pokeball. One... Two... Three... Gotcha! The Pawniard was caught! Alistar cheered and returned Oshawott back to his pokeball. He had caught his first Pokémon in the Galar region!

"Ok then, it's settled. We'll battle! Let's move over to the large field over there, it would be more suitable." Kia said. She knew that his pokemon would be tough, so Mudd would have a hard time. She walked to the field and stood at one edge. She held one of her pokeballs in her hand and her face turned serious. She threw the pokeball in the air and said, "Let's do this!"

Harley was on the same train as Wyndham, and he wasn't too happy about the delay. Noir could have easily have scared them Wooloo off the tracks.
Hopefully the professor would still give him his endorsement.. right? Well.. it would be a missed opportunity, if the professor didn't give him the endorsement. He'd find someone else who was willing to be responsible for the next champion to emerge.

The trainer, originating from Hammerlocke, was walking at an entirely normal pace, unaffected by A.J., his Toxel, clinging to his legs. He arrived the lab, and opened the door without a knock.

Coldly, he said: "It's not too late to endorse the future champion, is it?", directed at Sonia. His eyes slightly flashed at spotting Hop in the background, too.

Gabblimey had trained up a fair amount with Cor. She had left Mark over by the Dappled Grove, so he could work on his weaknesses. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, after all. She decided to walk that way to pick him up, but stopped after seeing Michael. He looked to be fairly flush with cash, so it was time for her to play her game. She hid in some grass, then rolled around to dirty herself up a bit. When that was done with, Cor got a bit dirty, and they walked up to Michael with sad expressions on their faces. Gabblimey looked to him sad eyes.

"Please, sir, do ya 'ave any change? It be rough for a gal in the city..."

“Alright! Let’s go!” Returning both of his Pokémon, he followed Kia to the field, standing at the other end. “Let’s go! Smith, let’s show her how it’s done!” He threw the Nest Ball, and his Applin came out. Once Kia has sent her Pokémon out, he yelled “use Astonish!” The Applin made a startling shout, damaging the opposing Pokémon.

Michael heard the young girl before she approached from the tall grass. He had grown up in forests and knew how to be quiet in such environs. This girl knew little of such things. But he nonetheless felt inclined to help those in need.

"Not much, girl. As you can see I'm not particularly well endowed." He gestured to his sleeping bag and the crude fire he had made to cook his foraged food, and showed her the small amount of money in his wallet. "But I can offer you food. Come and eat what you need."

But in spite of that, Michael was on guard. He felt the trickle of adrenaline start to flow in his body. This unease came from two logical observations. First, the mud and grass on her clothes was fresh, not at all like a girl who had been on the lamb for a while. Second, she reeked not of the myriad scents of the woods, she reeked of garbage, like an urban slum, which made sense with her begging, but what was she doing out here in the wild area? Michael allowed the girl to draw near, but gave Clubsy and Basher meaningful looks, telling them to be wary.

Gabblimey's face lit up, all part of the plan. Cor wobbled with delight, as it was routine. She held his hand with both of hers.

"Oh, thank you evah so! It's hard living off food from a rubbish bin! Cor, thank this kind sir!"

Cor nodded, expressing his gratitude with small noises. As he did so, Gabblimey walked into tree camp, taking a seat. She looked to the distance, wondering if Mark was okay. She gave a whistle to call him over, but there was no sign of him. Faintly on the ground, however, a chunk of marble with purple markings clunked across the ground and into the camp. Gabblimey took notice and picked it up, holding up an Oran Berry she picked from a bush. A spooky shadow popped from it, chomping away at the berry. She pat his head, and let him wander.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Takoda watched as the Scorbunny was returned to its pokeball, then looking up at the its trainer before flashing a smile. "Nice to meetcha, Alex. Name's Takoda. You should prolly keep an eye on that little rascal. The 'mon ran into me before I walked in here to grab my endorsement. But it's alright. At least no one got really really hurt." He greeted nicely as the Applin did the same with another chirp of happiness. This tiny apple really likes meeting people. Doesn't it?

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Trent gave the trainer a soft nod and warm smile as well. "Nice meeting you, I'm Trent. Hey with your Scorbunny, Ryder's Sobble and my Grookey, we actually got a full crew of starters." He said with a smile. "Maybe you could tag along with the three of us?" The young trainer offered, excited about seeing his and these fellow trainer's team and Pokémon grow.

Uma had only just come out of his pokeball when he got hit with an Astonish. "Agility, now!" Uma's evasiveness had risen and Kia said, "Jump in the air then Stomp!" Uma listened. He launched into the air and came down at full force, aiming directly at Applin.

(O.O.C I didn't say I hit you just in case you want to dodge.)

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Nice to meet you both! And sorry again about Blaze." She apologised. When she heard Trent's offer to travel with them, she was slightly confused. "Tag along? As in, travel together?" Alex thought about it, she doesn't know anything about the region, so it would be good to travel with others.

Alex also remembered searching up Pokemon in Galar. It said that Blaze was one of three Pokemon recommended to start with. However she assumed that this was a pure coincidence, having all three starters with united. She then said with a cheery smile, "Sure, why not!"

His heart seemed to sink, seeing the Ponyta coming down on his Applin. “I-I...um...Use Withdrawl!” The Applin quickly hid inside of its apple, but still took a good amount of damage. Thanks to it’s raised defenses, the battle wasn’t over yet. “A-Alright, um...let’s see...use sucker punch!” The applin, though dazed, suddenly lunged at Uma, to dish out a sudden attack.

"Uma, Stomp again!" Uma once again raised his hooves, but Sucker Punch was too fast and hit Uma. Kia didn't say anything. She let Uma lay there. Uma didn't try to get up either, he just stayed put. He wasn't fainted, just damaged. Kia analysed the situation. She could dodge most attacks with Agility, but Sucker Punch was her problem. She decided to wait until Salasa made his move.

Gabblimey looked around the campsite, petting Cor to stay inconspicuous. Mark, looked around, looking down at Clubsy and Basher. Being a bit scrappy, he almost wanted to take on the two of them, since he had an advantage. He held back his desires, however. While he was training, someone tried to catch him, and that almost ended terribly. See, Gabblimey's Pokémon were actually wild, she's just befriended them. She couldn't afford to go wasting money on trivial things like Poké Balls, she had several people to support. She got up, and made her move. She walked near the kind stranger, and snatched up the food he had foraged. She winked at him as she bolted off to Motostoke once more. Mark was shocked how quickly she acted, and blocked the path to prevent pursuit.

Last edited:
Salasa cheered, Smith looking quite proud. “That’s it, Smith! Alright, let’s use another Astonish!” Applin made another startling shout...Salasa hadn’t seemed to put two and two together quite yet. He was obviously new to battling. “Just keep ‘em down!”

Michael scowled slightly as the girl made off with his food. Her wink told him all he needed to know. She had approached him with intent to steal that which did not belong to her. His instinct had been right. She had asked for money initially because she wanted to steal cold hard cash.

Michael's scowl became a grimace as the girl's Pokemon blocked pursuit. He deployed his new partner, the Togetic he named Ellie. He gestured Basher and Clubsy forward. With the girl gone, she could not direct her Pokemon, giving him the advantage in numbers. Time to drive this thing off. "Move or you will be moved." He gestured for his team to form up and prepared to order Basher, Clubsy, and Ellie to fire off Rock Slide, Iron Head, and Magical Leaf.

Last edited:
"Yaaa-" is what Mark said in response to that. That's what Michael heard, anyways, but to his Pokémon, he said "Don't go after her, she only means well. You wouldn't understand, and you don't want to." He then willfully moved out of the way, floating away and over the walls of the city.

Gabblimey ran through the streets, definitely still visible as a couple things made a path. She whistled once in the alleyway, and the crew came to a leftover wooden spool turned table. Gabblimey put the food down on it, and they rejoiced. She sighed, hoping that she actually pulled it off. Dinner on the table was hard with a couple dozen others depending on you. She was lucky that Kabu liked her spunk enough to endorse her, that and the respect she could pull these stunts off constantly.

"Ok then let's end this! Uma, Confusion!" Uma pointed its horn at Applin and lowered its head. A strange psychic wave was emitted from it and went straight towards Applin. "Now follow through with Stomp!" Uma went charging after the psychic wave and leapt up in the air once more.

“H-Huh? Um...use Withdraw!” Smith went back into the apple, but it couldn’t protect it against a special move. It ended up getting hit by the psychic wave, and got Stomped. And Smith was out for the count. Salasa mumbled, looking worried. “Oh...well...I guess that’s it, then?” He returned Smith, looking a bit down-heartened.

"Well we aren't done yet! You still have another pokemon!" Kia said. She looked serious about the battle. "Ok then, your turn!" Kia returned Uma and sent out Mudd. She knew she had a type disadvantage, but she had a plan. Mudd emerged from the pokeball and dropped in front of Kia. "Let's try our best!" She had sent out Mudd to practice her tactic in preparation for the first gym.

He blinked, a little lost. “Oh, right, I nearly forgot! Go, Funky!” He threw out his Poké Ball, his Grookey jumping out, and pulling out his stick from the little tuft of fur it stored it in. “Alright...let’s start off with a Taunt!” The Grookey grinned, teasing and provoking Mudd with taunting facial expression. “That’s what my Grookey can do! It really messes up a Pokémon, so all they can do is attack! No statuses or nothing! How about that?” Salasa seemed to be doing his own little Taunt, even if he didn’t realize it.