• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

Sonny watched the fighting pokemon with a bitten lip, as Baltimore cawed loudly, and cuffed everyone that attacked Smith on the back of the ir heads with his wings as a warning, while he glared at them with a look that only Corviknights could give.

He looked at Sonny, who nodded a bit and hopped off of Jake's lap, and looked at the fighters with a stern glare, and took his paws out of his pockets and stood in between them.

Last edited:
Ikari fell off Giji from the U-Turn, and Kia tried to return her pokemon. However, they kept resisting it. Ikari didn't attack Bundt as she was too close to Salasa, and couldn't fight a Fire or Flying type so she retreated to Kia's lap. Giji turned to Sonny and lunged at him, ignoring the hit from Baltimore. Sasai rolled back from Baltimore, but was completely unfazed by Baltimore due to her not being scared easily. Sasai floated out towards Baltimore and landed on him. She noticed they were getting close to Hammerlocke so she used Hex on him, then returned herself to her pokeball.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Rose put down Flake before trying to break up the fight alongside Sonny, standing between the fighting Pokemon. When Giji was about to attack Sonny, she used Razor Leaf a summoned one sharp leaf that flew to the Larvitar. Grim saw what was unfolding and had a devious smile on his face. He had leapt off of Alex into the air, before repeatedly stabbing his hair at Sasai. However, she had returned herself and Grim had instead attacked Baltimore.

Salasa mumbled softly, rubbing his eyes a bit...he hadn't quite woken up yet, but he was getting there. Bundt watched the fighting with interest, though it was clear she wanted no part of it...however, when Grim went to attack, she hopped forwards in hopes of stopping it. She leaned in while he was stabbing with his hair, using Attract to try and get him to stop fighting. Salasa yawned, finally walking up and looking around. "Mhh...sorry, I...fell asleep..." He noticed the Pokemon that were fighting, and tilted his head. "What's...going on?"

"What the-" Jake said in irritation, when he saw the other pokemon attack his own, and hurriedly pushed them off of the bird and rabbit.

"I dont know what the heck have gotten into them, but they have no reason to attack mine for trying to break it up. From what it looks like to me, they decided to bully Smith for no reason."

He said calmly, but had a small tone of madness as he looked at the other pokemon, and glared a bit.

"I don't know if there was something I missed, but I don't like anyone bullying anyone else when they don't deserve it." Jake said as he let Sonny sit on his lap, and Baltimore on his shoulder.

Jake reached into his bag and pulled out two potions.

He carefully sprayed one on Baltimore, who ruffled his feathers and cooed a bit, and then the other on Sonny, who sighed in relief.

"I don't mean to be rude, its just...i don't like seeing them get hurt." Jake said quietly, as he looked over the side of the taxi.

Kia shrugged. "Well, Giji and Sasai seemed to only want to show Ikari how to be 'tough' from what I saw. Ikari tried to, against Smith, but failed, so Giji and Sasai were showing her how to do it." Kia finally managed to return Giji and sighed. "I think we're nearly there..." As the Corviknight Taxi landed, Kia apologized to Jake, Salasa and Alex for her pokemon. "I guess we're splitting paths for now. Meet you two at Sirchester then, I guess." She gestured towards Jake and Alex.

"Huh...alright..." He yawned, Bundt smiling up at Salasa as they all got out of the Taxi. "Yeah...alright, thanks!" he waved at the Corviknight as they walked away. "Mhm! See you two later! Y'know...that wasn't really as bad as I thought. Maybe I should try out that taxi more often...alright, to the Wild Area we go then, Kia?"

"Yup!" Kia thought she sounded a bit over excited about this, so she changed the tone of her voice. "I need to catch another pokemon. We also might as well to the opportunity to do a couple of Max Raids, seeing as we are in the Wild Area." She let out Mudd, Sled and Uma, while Ikari hopped off her head. "You four can go find a suitable pokemon for our gang," Sasai and Giji came out, "You two are going to be training in some Max Raid battles." She looked at Salasa as her pokemon ran off. "There's a Raid over here, if you're ready." She pointed to a Den nearby.

Lucas nodded, happily following Kia out to the Wild Area. He let out all of his Pokemon as well, and sent them off to find suitable berries...however, his Dracozolt and Alcremie decided to stay with him, as the Pokemon in the Wild Area seemed to make them nervous. "Alright! I don't think I've ever been in a Max Raid Battle...this will be fun!" He grinned, happily walking over to the den. It was nice, hanging out with Kia.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"See you later, take care of Wynd!" Alex shouted to the two. She then turned to Jake. "So... do you want to head out now, or is there anything you need to do in Hammerlocke?" She asked while sending out her Pokemon. Astral, Diamond and Rose looked around the vast city, and Blaze continued to kick his pebble. Flake was still on Blaze's back and Grim had been stabbing at Diamond's back with his hair.

Wynd had looked around the Wild Area in amazement. She could be seen attacking many wild Pokemon near the two, before flying over to the Max Raid Den. She had landed near it and peered inside.

After Zac entered the stadium, he was taken to the vault (I think that’s what it’s called) to do his Gym Mission. He beat the four trainer’s, but Toucannon was knocked out during the Gym Mission.

After that he went back to the stadium to battle Raihan, Raihan sent out Gigalith and Flygon while Zac sent out Decidueye and Greninja. Greninja used Water Shuriken on Gigalith while Decidueye used Leaf Blade on Flygon, which was super effective on both. Gigalith used Body Press on Greninja and Flygon used Crunch on Decidueye, Greninja dodged the attack but Decidueye was hit, taking a lot of damage. Greninja then used Water Shuriken on Gigalith again and used Leaf Blade again, but this time on Gigalith, which knocked it out. Raihan sent out Sandaconda and made it use Fire Fang on Decidueye, knocking it out. Zac sent out Blaziken and made it use Blaze Kick, knocking out Flygon. Raihan sent out his last Pokémon and immediately G-Max it, so Zac G-Max Blaziken. Greninja used Water Shuriken on Sandaconda, almost knocking it out. Duraludon used Max Knuckle on Greninja but Blaziken took the hit for Greninja. Greninja then knocked out Sandaconda with one more Water Shuriken, while Blaziken used Max Knuckle on Duraludon. Duraludon used G-Max Depletion on Blaziken, which it surprisingly dodged, Blaziken soon knocked it out with another Max Knuckle, earning him the Dragon badge.

He then went back to the Pokémon Centre to get his Pokémon healed, he then went outside. Before he could continue, he wanted to see what the weather while be like in Route 10. From the looks of it, it probably isn't a good idea to fly to Wyndon. He then went back to collect his Pokémon and go on the next train to Wyndon, help expecting the rail being block by a avalanche.

Last edited:
Kia raised an eyebrow." Never? Well, I'll help you if you need any." She looked into the Den "I can make out the outline of a pokemon from here..." She pulled out her notebook and looked through a couple of pages. "I think that's an Unfezant, from what I see. Let's see if we can beat it." Giji and Sasai climbed into the Den, and Kia picked up Wynd before climbing in. As she looked up, she could see an Unfezant- She was right about it. "Ok, Giji, it's your turn." Giji moved in front of Kia and growled. Sasai floated into Kia's bag.

"No, i think im good...ready to leave when you are." Jake nodded with a smile, as he itched his cheek a bit.

"You need anything from Hammerlocke?...i can run and get it for you if there is anything," he offers, as he motioned to the city, and Sonny kicked his feet a bit, and looked at Astral, blinked, and looked away, as he tried to play it cool around her.

"I don't mind..."

Last edited:
"Thanks, Kia...you're the best!" He grinned, looking into it as well. "Wow...you can tell what it is just by looking at an outline? Unfezant, huh? Then...I should use Skreebo!" He grinned, returning both of his Pokemon and jumped in with Kia. "O-Oh wow...you know it's kind of scary seeing a giant...um, wild Pokemon. But we got this! Who should Dynamax?" He threw out a Pokeball, Skreebo coming out with a growl-like screech.

"Well I never considered it scary, but we'll be alright. Don't worry! Plus, because this is your first Max Raid, you should be the one to Dynamax." Kia gave a smile, but suddenly turned serious and pointed forwards. "Giji, Rock Tomb!" Giji leapt up and summoned a couple of rocks that surrounded Unfezant and slowed it. "I don't think you should Dynamax until its shield is up, though..." As she was speaking, the Unfezant used Air Cutter on Giji, who was hardly affected by it. "...but do whatever, I suppose. Also, the Dynamax Pokemon that we face may be able to move multiple times before we can get a move in."

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Wynd came down with the two and had flew out of Kia's hands to her own spot near them, ready to help. She then used Air Slash, however was met with a Air Cutter by the Unfezant. The Noibat had still kept her berry, just in case. She then readied another Air Slash.

"I don't have anything to do here, so we might as well go now!" Alex replied to Jake as she started to walk to Route 7. Astral looked down to Sonny in confusion. Rose and Grim were on Diamond's back, Rose looking around and Grim repeatedly stabbing the Golisopod with his hair. It didn't have any effect however, so Diamond walked near Alex.

"Alright then! I...huh?" He glanced at his Dynamax Band...no power? Maybe it was because Kia currently had the Dynamax Power around her band...he shrugged, then glanced at the hissing ball of anger that was Skreebo, who had just been hit by an Air Cutter. "Alright buddy...let out some of that anger with an Ancient Power!" The Dracozolt screeched, and sent old rocks at the huge Unfezant. And luckily for him, he got some stat boots out of it! The other person on their team, who had a Pikachu, used Electroweb to slow down the gigantic Pokemon, Salasa felt the Dynamax energy around him...he grinned, then returned Skreebo, Dynamaxing it. He seemed shocked at how big he was, but quickly realized he enjoyed it...Unfezant had put up shields now, and it was time to make their move. Skreebo let out a loud screech as it used Max Lightning, sending a huge bolt of electricity from above onto the huge bird...it didn't set up any Electric Terrain, but it did some serious damage on that shield.

"See? You're getting the hang of it- its fun, too. Let's try destroy the shield, with Stone Edge!" Giji threw a sharp stone at the Unfezant, nearly breaking its barrier. The Pikachu used Thunderbolt after Giji, finally breaking it. This also lowered the Unfezant's Defence and Special Defence. "Wynd, you can get a direct hit now!" The Unfezant used Max Strike on Giji, though it still wasn't very effective. Kia grinned. She hadn't had such a big smile on her face in front of any of her friends before, it was even worse in front of Salasa. She blushed a bit, and turned her face away.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Wynd nodded to the two before unleashing a Air Slash, able to fall the Dynamaxed Unfezant. Wynd flew around in a repeated pattern, happy about their victory. The Noibat flew back onto Salasa's shoulder, and started to eat the Oran Berry Alex had given her in case Wynd was wounded.

Alex continued to walk towards Route 7, avoiding talking by thinking about random thoughts. Astral looked away from the Raboot, and continued to walk alongside her trainer. Grim had given up and walked behind Alex. Rose was still on top of Diamond, as the Golisopod walked among the Pokemon.

"Great job guys!" She punched the air. "Salasa, its great isn't it! You've won your first Max Raid." She hugged him, but pulled away quickly. She hurriedly climbed out of the Den, gasping for air. She saw her pokemon in front of her. Mudd tugged on her hoodie, then dragged her over to a large patch of grass. There was a pink Mawile sitting there. "Aren't Mawile black, though?" She flicked through her notepad. "Yeah, they are! What's wrong with this one?" She stopped asking questions and had Sled use Dig, knocking the Mawile back. It retaliated with a Iron Head. A Super Effective hit, taking him out. "What? How?" She had Mudd use Mud Bomb, then threw a Great Ball. Shake one. Shake two. Shake three. Click. She turned to Salasa, forgetting about what just happened. She swapped Giji for the Mawile. "What's wrong with this Mawile?" She let it out. "I'll just call it Kaga."

He gave a joyful cheer, looking to Kia. He could feel himself blushing when she hugged him...he was a bit stunned, but shook it off fairly quickly. He took his part of the spoils, and followed Kia back out of the Den. "You know, I really wish that we could explore that den more...it seems cool!" He shrugged. His own Pokemon were back from Berry Gathering, and he put them in his bag. He blinked, tilting his head curiously. It could be a gender difference, like Hippowdon...but something about it just seemed too off for that to be the case. He took out his Rotom Phone as he looked it up. "It looks a little sparkly, y'know...um..." His jaw practically dropped as he realized what it was. When she let it back out, he grinned at her. "So...you know how you said something about finding a Shiny Pokemon at the beginning of our journey? About how if I caught one you'd be jealous? Well...I suppose you wouldn't be jealous if I found one now."

"Wait, really? I didn't think that I would ever find one... I'm just amazed!" Kia started grinning again. "Well it is a Steel Type, so I guess it would be good for my team." The Mawile looked at Kia's pokemon and smiled at them all, before sitting on one of Sled's tusks. "Ok, Sasai... Is it ok if you sit this next gym out? It would be beneficial if I used Giji as well as Kaga." Sasai nodded, and got swapped from Kia's team with Giji. Kaga drew something with a stick on the ground. It was a male, by the symbol it drew. "Well Kaga could be a girls name as well as a boy, so I didn't really ask." Ikari hopped on Sled's other trunk. They started chatting as Kia returned Giji, Mudd and Uma. "I found a couple of berries if you want them, but other than that I'm good to go." She climbed on top of Sled. "If you want to stay, just say."

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Wynd had came out of the den with Salasa and Kia. She returned to attacking wild Pokemon while the two talked. After defeating one more Machoke, she had evolved into a Noivern. Wynd gave a quite loud roar of happiness before flying over to the two with her large wings. She sent out a few Dragon Pulses in the sky in her celebration. She then lowered herself for Salasa, if he did want to ride on her for the journey back.

"Yup! Congrats, Kia! I wonder if I'll ever find a shiny Pokemon...probably not, but good for you!" he grinned, nudging Kia before looking around for Wynd...he grinned excitedly at the sight of the happy Noivern. "Wow...Alex is gonna be pretty happy! Ah..." He hesitated, then shook his head. "No thanks...I think I'm gonna walk with Kia. Besides, I...don't really like heights. Anyways...I'm ready to get going now! Let's see...we gotta get going to Route 7. There's some Ruins there...maybe I'll find my final Pokemon partner there."

"Wow, I've never seen a Noivern before!" Kia sketched Wynd and wrote notes about Noivern. "Let's hurry, we might be able to catch up to Alex and Jake." She started sprinting, with Sled right behind her. "We'll make it there in no time." She took a right turn when they made it into Hammerlocke, which eventually turned into Route 7. She spotted Alex and Jake and turned to Sled. "Sorry, but you are a bit large." She returned Sled, making Ikari fall to the ground. Kia let Ikari on her head and Kaga walked beside her. "Hey, guys! We made it here before anything interesting happened, right?" She smirked.

Jake blinked and turned.

"...no, we both caught shiny Mews, became dual champions, completed the pokedex and became the CEOs of a multi billion dollar company." Jake said, and managed to keep a straight face.

"...and I'm Spinarak-Man."

He couldn't hold it, and cracked a grin.

Sonny rolled his eyes, before he stared at Wynd in surprise, at the Noivern's new and much bigger form.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Oh yeah, and we flew to every other region, became dual champions in all of them, battled and won against legendary trainers, and I'm Black Ariados." Alex followed along with Jake before giving a small, single giggle. She stroked the Noivern's head as Wynd beamed a smile. Diamond gave a wave to Wynd, who was flying above everyone. Rose climbed onto Wynd and looked at the vast region. Blaze continued to kick a pebble with Flake on his back. Astral looked as if she was thinking of something, and Grim was walking by himself near the back.

“Yeah, we probably should hurry. And...h-hey, wait up!” He ran after Kia...it took him a bit to catch up with everyone else. He put his hands on his knees, breathing heavily. “S...Slow...Slow down next time...I...I’m not as good at running as you are...” he whined a little. He was a bit shocked to hear about all the two had done...it took him a bit before he realized they were just joking. He grumbled a little, and walked past them to look around the broken down ruins. “Wow...this place looks pretty cool...” his eyes instantly caught onto something...a bunch of somethings, actually. Little Pokémon in groups of six that were marching around the area. Falinks. “Hey, guys? What are those Pokemon?”

Jake looked at Alex with a smile, and blushed a bit, before he blinked and looked at the technically six pokemon.

"Ooh! A Falinks! I've only seen pictures, I've never seen one in person! Dad said they're pretty rare, except for these ruins..." he said in awe, as he took a step or two closer towards the pokemon.

Sonny looked at the walking helmet-like pokemon with a raised eyebrow as he stood next to Astral.

"Rab...?"

"Ha ha. Very funny." Kia saw the pokemon marching. "Oh, I saw one of those before! I think." She flicked to a page in her notepad and showed them the information she had on Falinks. "They're actually not physically joined together. It's just teamwork. You should catch one!" She nodded. Kaga marched on the spot, in sync with the Falinks. Kia saw him and raised an eyebrow. Kaga continued, even after seeing Kia's expression.

"Wow...that's super cool! Alright then...go, Scruff!" He sent out his Toxtricity, who glanced at the Falinks with curiosity. The Falinks all glanced back at Scruff in sync, and quickly scurried to a triangle Position. The Brass squeaked out an order, and the other five responded in complete sync...Salasa was very impressed! Scruff lazily waved his arm at Kaga, telling him to get out of the way before the battle started. The Falinks rushed at Scruff, with the front's horn enlarging, quickly charging at Scruff and landing a First Impression. Scruff took the attack with little issue, and responded with a Nuzzle to Paralyze them...it only hit the Brass, but the rest seemed to be affected by the Paralysis as well. The group couldn't move, so Scruff attacked with a Discharge...severely weakened, he decided to throw a Repeat Ball. He wasn't sure it would work, since he had never seen the Pokemon before...but with a click, Falinks was captured! He grinned, then sent it back out to heal it up to health. Now that the group wasn't marching around or in a battle, the Brass squeaked out something else, and the five troopers seemed to relax and wander a bit. Not too far from the Brass, of course. "Hmm...I need a name...how about something like...Legion!" All the Falinks seemed to perk up at that name, and the Brass nodded. Legion it is! "Alright! Seems like you're the leader, aren't you?" He gently pat the Brass. "Well, I'm gonna count on you to help me in battle. Alright?" The Brass nodded, with the others nodding soon after.

Jake pulled out his pokedex and pointed it at the Falinks.

The device beeped to life, and opened up to reveal its screen and data.

"Falinks. The Formation Pokemon. The six of them work together as one Pokémon. Teamwork is also their battle strategy, and they constantly change their formation as they fight."

It read, as various pictures of Falinks were quickly taken and added to the pokedex's memory.

Kaga jumped back as Scruff battled. Kia gave him a Scope Lens that she had found in the Wild Area. Kaga fiddled with it for a while, before managing to put it around one of his eyes like an eye patch. He saluted like a soldier. "Well we've both got new Pokemon, so we should hurry to Circhester..." She looked at the group. "But I'm starving right now. So we should have a snack break. Who's cooking, then?"

"The only things I can cook are stuff thats either frozen and can go in a microwave or ramen noodles in a pot." Jake said bluntly.

"...i can occasionally put stuff in the oven but i'd need help." He added sheepishly.

Sonny rolled his eyes.

"But Sonny can light the fire under it," Jake said, as he saw his partner's eye roll, and glared at the rabbit a bit.

Sonny blinked and huffed, but nodded in agreement.

Shade watched as Seth and Spirit zoomed past her and giggled a little, feeling the wind fly through her hair as much as her hair was flying in the wind. She looked back to see Blitz and Aaron behind her and, knowing that Seth was going to win because it seemed that Spirit was much faster than Blaze, she slowed down a little Schwartz matched his speed with Blitz. The Dark/Dragon-Type gave the Scorching Pokemon a look over before accepting him as a strong rival, one he would respect and would be honored for a battle. That didn't happen so often with him, and Shade saw the approving glance.

Still, she decided to make small talk with Aaron. They had already passed Route 9 and Hammerlocke was close enough to be seen, while far away enough to warrant a good few minutes of relaxing soaring before needing to jump into the Pokemon Gym Challenge. She decided to give him an offer.

"Hey, Aaron. To put this bluntly, I like you, and I want to know more about you. Is there by chance that you can join me on my travels around the Wild Area to find the Gigantamax Pokemon? And then maybe, after I get in Wyndon Cup or whatever it's called, I can join you in whatever adventures you have planned. I mean, I wasn't going to hog all the adventuring to just what my interests were after all, and I want you to experience some with me," her voice was loud enough to be heard, but one could tell she was blushing red, exacerbated by the pallor of her skin, and she wasn't looking him in the eyes like she was before.

Seth had a lot of fun with the ride. He loved the wind in his hair. It had been a long time since he rode on the Dragon type, and he was glad to be able to do it again. The two began to show off a bit, as they twirled and looped in the air. It seemed that Spirit was glad to be able fly as fast as she was able to. It did not bother her at all that she had her trainer on her back.