• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

"Protect" Drednaw tried to use protect but Pikacha's Electro Ball just hit Drednaw, he was reaching for his pocket but stop himself. He vowed not to use z-moves until the league, but his Drednaw was no Match for Alistar's Pikacha.

He then tilt his head to see if Pikacha has any blind spots, and there was. It was risky but it turn the tides, all it takes is a perfectly timed Rock Throw and the battle is over.

"Now, use Double Team, and then Thunderbolt!" Employing the same strategy as he had in his battle with Nessa, Alistar was sure he could win. Pikachu duplicated itself in a circle around Drednaw, before jumping high in the air and surrounding itself with electricity, then zapping a bolt of lightning at him.

"P-" before he could finish his order Axew came out of its Pokéball, getting hit by the Thunderbolt, "AXEW!!" he shouted. He ran to Axew to make sure it's okay, it's just shock from the attack.

A relived sign came out of Duncan, he pick it up and put it next to his leg, "Please be more careful, okay" the Axew nodded, he got back up and said "Where were we?"

Relieved that nothing bad had happened to the Axew, Alistar apologised before he continued the battle. "Pikachu, let's finish this quick with Mega Punch!" Pikachu sprinted on all fours towards Drednaw, and at the last second pulled back it's fist and attempted to punch it with all his might straight in the jaw, this would definitely do a lot of damage if it connected.

Pikachu merely smashed right through the rock with his fist, it seemed they'd underestimated the power behind his attack. Pikachu moved back toward Alistar after delivering the punch, not certain whether he'd hit Drednaw or not. Just to be safe, Alistar called another Double Team in an attempt to confuse Drednaw once the dust settled, and if he'd survived the blow.

Alistar was mildly annoyed that Mega Punch hadn't knocked out Drednaw, though it didn't matter as Pikachu was yet to be hit he though to himself. "Pikachu, Double Team and Thunderbolt again!" Pikachu once again duplicated itself, before surrounding itself with electric energy like before and firing a bolt of lightning at Drednaw.

Pikachu attempted to dodge the oncoming rock, but just failed as it smacked into his tail, sending him spinning to the ground. He got up, lightly bruised from the fall and signalled to his trainer that he was alright. "Pikachu, Double Team and then Mega Punch!" Once again Pikachu used Double Team, before going in for another Mega Punch, charging back his fist at last second to deliver the blow.

Pikachu once again punches right through the rock, instead of backing up this time he waits for the dust to settle to see whether or not he hit Drednaw, electricity jolting from his cheeks as he looked on. Alistar looked determined, although Pikachu had taken quite a hit from the last Rock Throw, he was sure he could win.

As the dust settle, Duncan's wrist was glowing. "Your the first trainer to make go all out Alistar, now feel the power of a z-move" Duncan's Z-Ring had a Rockium-Z in it and he shouted "CONTINENTAL CRUSH!!!" Drednaw soon went up in the air and rocks went to it making a big rock.

Duncan knew this trainer probably never saw a Z-Move before but he wonders what this trainer can do now.

Alistar knew this was hopeless now, he'd seen how powerful Z-moves could be, and how they could completely turn the tide of the battle. He could only look on in horror as Pikachu was crushed by the massive rock Drednaw had created, fainting as soon as it had buried him in the ground. Alistar ran over and lifted the rock off Pikachu, then fed him some Oran Berries before spraying a Super Potion on him. "That was a good battle," he said to the trainer as he returned Pikachu to it's pokeball. "I never caught your name by the way, what is it?" He asked.

Kia clenched her fists. This girl was something else. She wondered why Salasa had been so kind to her. If she had been in that situation, she would have lost her temper fast. Kia ignored Gabblimey, however. She turned to Salasa. "Just saying, if you wanna give up I'm not coming with you. This isn't changing anything. We're still a team, so we shouldn't give up. We didn't come all the way to Motostoke just to give up! Let's destroy this gym!" Kia punched the air. She looked mad, but glanced at her pokemon and calmed down. They were all angry too, so she had to set an example for them. She couldn't tell if Sasai was angry, though.

"You know Gillimbey, not everyone is as it seems. Just because they do not face the same thing you have, does not mean that they have not had hardships. I know what it is like to be out on the streets." Seth had followed the group after feeding his friends and pokemon. He knew that ghost types liked to siphon emotions or life force, but he knew that not many trainers like it. He applauded Shade for her care of them.

"I was on the streets for two years after my parents kicked me out of their house. The only thing that let me eat was my guitar, I had to work for my food. I spent hours doing the same thing that you have done. Just because I have gotten out does not mean that I do not remember what it was like. I know that I have my grandmother now, but that was not always the case. She is not even my grandmother. She was a kind older woman who adopted me after hearing my story. It took years for me to get over the fact that I was disowned by the very people who told me that they would love me unconditionally. I am not saying that I have had it hard like you had, but I do know where you are coming from." There was a fire in his eyes as he spoke. He was not angry, actually he was quite passionate about what the girl had said. He was not one to let others know his emotions. This would have been the first time that he showed anything but the meditative calm that normally rested as his normal emotion.

"I know what it is like to work so hard. To not want to accept someone's help, but you know what? I also would not turn down a kind soul who just wanted to help. I might not take what they had for myself as I had pokemon that I wanted to take care of. So whatever money that was given to me was given to them. I never really found others like me, and when I did, they did not let me into their fold when they found out about why I was kicked out of my home. So you want to set here and say thet you want to be this great champion, but you want to use underhanded methods to get there. What would the ones who you are trying to take care of see in that. They look up to you, don't you want to prove to them that you are the better person then us? Well why not try to win the right way. I get you have to take food and money to feed the kids, but not everyone knows how bad it is on the streets. I may not look like I come from this life, but I do. I was beaten for years, told that I would never be their son, and that I was worthless peice of trash."

Seth was even more devoid of emotion as he spoke about his life before he went to live with his grandmother. The kind and caring nature was gone, and in it's place was someone detached from others. His voice was very controlled and monotoned. "I had to work my but off to get out of the streets. I still have the scars from them asl they show me how much my past effected me." Pulling up the right arm os his sweater, Seth showed the girl his scars. There were burns that traveled up to his shoulder. It came from his father and whatever he was smoking at the time. "Let's just say that them throwing me out was one of the best things they have ever done for me. I do not catch my pokemon either. All of the pokemon I have have either been with me since they were born, or have become a friend of mine. I was like you and never used a pokeball. The only reason I use them now is so that they are safe from others. The pokemon I have are like a family for me. I grew up with most of them, and them with me. Just because someone does not look like they have not went through hardships, does not mean that they don't have scars as well. Sometimes others do not like to let their scars known to others. If you guys need me I will be in the pokemon center." With that Seth walked away. He made his way to the pokemon center and had Nurse Joy check his pokemon. He sit in a chair in the corner and begun to cry as he remembered the way he spent most of childhood. When his pokemon was through, Snow brought over all of the pokemon and rested in her friends lap. She never knew what Seth had went through before that.

It did not take long for Seth to calm down. He wipped the tears from his eyes, and begun to pet the Alolan vulpix. He was someone who did not like to think about what he went through to get where he was at. He had worked hard to get off the streets and in the end, came to love a kind older woman who showed him kindness when he was at his lowest.

Alistar looked at Duncan with confusion upon him handing him the discs. "What are these? TMs? I haven't seen anything like these before." He said, still a look of confusion on his face. He nonetheless thanked him before asking another question. "By the way, you wouldn't happen to know where I can find a Thunder Stone, would you?"

"Ummmm" he wasn't sure there were but he heard that there was thunder stone at the Lake of Outrage. "I think there's one at the Lake of Outrage, I'm not sure....why did you ask? And umm, their not TM's, their TR's. If you like I can give you TM's" he immediately starts looking for TM's to give to Alistar.

Last edited:
"I need one for Pikachu," he said, holding up it's pokeball, "I've been planning on evolving him for a while now." He said in response to Duncan's question about the Thunder Stone. “No, no I’m fine. I’m on no shortage of TM's, but I've never heard of TR's before. Are they some sort of alternative? If so what moves are on these ones?" He asked as Duncan rummaged through his bag.

Duncan closed he’s bag and stood up, “Sorry, wish I could tell you what they really are. All I know is that you can only use them once, anyway see you at the Pokémon League.”

Duncan then darted off to Stow-on-Side to get his 4 badge. He saw potential in Alistar and knew he would have won if he didn’t use a z-move. He was surprised that he pressured him to use a z-move, even though it wasn’t intentional, he would like to face this trainer again, but next time an all out battle.

When the Corvisquire came down to hand Gabblimey the note, she snatched it from them. After reading it, she tore it into pieces. They wanted to keep going? Then she supposed she'd have to stop them dead in their tracks. She paid a visit to the Digging Duo, continuously gambling and losing her Watts. She didn't even get that much, mainly just a couple rocks. She went over to the Dusty Bowl to train everyone up, and this time enough so that those idiots couldn't beat her... ever. The stakes were too high, and she needed to power through the competition. It was taking time, but she was getting even stronger by the second. Mark was exhausted... he was getting beaten down really hard by the wild Pokemon. He decided to take a break under a stone archway, but then he started glowing. You had to be kidding, the way he evolved was walking under a stone archway? There's no way that with all these scientists and researchers, that this is what they determined what his evolution was reached by. But nonetheless, he grew into a large, marble tapestry with purple markings, and he floated back to Gabblimey to train.

"About time! Now, you get out there and really train so we can beat those losers into the ground."

Mark nodded, continuing to train as he threw everything he had at his opponents as if they were his worst enemies. It was time to get serious, and time was of the essence.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"You know what, I'm not even surprised anymore." Alex huffed before sprinting out of the cave. She could see sunlight, before seeing grass. She had tripped on the Wimpod thatran away earlier. Wynd stared at it with open eyes, before immediately lunging at it. She had caught in her little feet, the Wimpod squirming in the air. Alex got up, dusted herself off, and caught the Wimpod. "Guess that makes a full team," She said, releasing the Wimpod. It looked around, before getting picked up into Alex's arms. Flake looked over to the other Bug-type in consideration. Wynd seemed annoyed, until Alex gave her a Oran Berry, getting completely distracted. Alex rushed over to the others, arriving at Motostoke. After seeing Gabblimey leaving, she heard Kia's speech and gave a smile. "So, who wants to go first?" She asked Salasa and Kia.

Kia patted Seth on the back. She didn't realise that Seth had been through that much. She quickly stopped thinking about it and turned to Alex."Well, I went first last time, so I think its your turn." Kia picked up Sasai and put her in the bag. She lifted Sled onto her head. She gave a thumbs up to Alex, although keeping a straight face.

Gabblimey looked around the area to see how everyone was training up. Much to her pleasure, Cor, Coil, and Mark were making huge leaps and bounds. She would undoubtedly beat anyone who came her way. Gabblimey gave a whistle, and the three of them began following her to Hammerlocke. They went into the center to get healed up, then quickly started making their way to Stow-on-Side. A bit of dust flitting through the air wouldn't bother her too much, she practically lived in the stuff.

Salasa was pretty quiet...he was mostly thinking, but jostled a bit at the mention of who was going to go first. "U-Um...well...yeah, Alex can go first...I need to, um...think for a bit." Salasa mumbled. Things were really starting to sink in...someone really wanted him to stop battling, even though the region was famous for that very thing...battles. It was getting to him a bit. "...I don't know...I...I'm going to continue, but...I'll need to think about if I really, really wanna go the whole way through..."

Jake blinked and looked at him.

"Hey...you ok?...if its about you know who, i wouldn't let her get to you. She's the one who's being difficult and wasting her time to stop us when she could be getting more badges. She kinda messed up herself, by making that stupid barricade. She could have gotten hours on us and she wasted em." He said comfortingly as he pat Salasa's shoulder

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Well, looks like I'll have to rely on Wynd and Wimpod. Hey, take care of Rose and Flake for me, okay?" Alex asked the others, as the Steenee sat in frustration, with Blaze's taunting not helping, and Flake waddling around her. "Hey, remember that it's your adventure. You choose what happens in it. if anything, you could help her, even if she doesn't want it." She told Salasa then went into the stadium. She got ready to handle the gym in the lobby, while thinking of a name for the Wimpod. She knew its skin was as hard as diamonds, so she went for a simple name: Diamond. She taught Diamond, Astral and Wynd some moves with some TRs she obtained in the Wild Area. She went into the stadium and started the Gym Mission. She caught a Pokemon, while fainting the rest with Diamond for experience. She was then up against the Fire type Gym Leader, Kabu.

He sent out his Ninetails, and Alex sent out Blaze. The Ninetails used Fire Spin, which Blaze easily avoided. "Blaze, use Double Kick!" Alex said as the rabbit jumped up and kicked down twice. After using it a few times, the Ninetails was down. Next came Arcanine. It went for Agility then Bite. Blaze used Double Kick as much as he could, before fainting. "Here we go, come out Diamond!" Alex said, sending out the Wimpod. It almost seemed confident, if it wasn't shaking.

The Arcanine looked down on the small Pokemon, underestimating it before using a Flame Wheel. The Wimpod scuffled quickly out of the way, following Alex's tactics he was told before the battle."Now, use Surf!" Alex shouted. To everyone's surprise, the small and frail Pokemon summoned a large wave, devouring the Arcanine and fainting it. "Nice one, Diamond!" Alex cheered, happy at the result.

Finally came Kabu's ace, Centiskorch. Alex and the Gym Leader both Dynamax and Gigantamax their Pokemon respectively. "Okay Diamond, use Max Geyser!" Alex said, as the Wimpod sent a huge beam of water towards the Centiskorch, making it faint instantly. Alex gained the Fire Badge, and went to the lobby, healing up Diamond.

Last edited:
Doc sighed, and picked up Scorbunny, placing him on his backpack. Scorbunny seemed to not care anymore, and was ready to head off as well.

“Alright Scorbunny. Let’s just rest for the night at an inn I saw nearby. It looks nice too, and it’s next to a route full of Pokémon, so we can try again to capture—“ Scorbunny yawned, abruptly ending Doc’s words. The trainer smiled, and headed towards the inn.

A few blocks down, they found their way to the inn. A few rooms were open, fortunately, and Doc quickly rented a room on the fifth floor, giving them a nice view of the city. Once he got into his room, Doc let out Scorbunny. Instantly, the fire-type rolled around on the carpet, and hopped on Doc’s bed, wrinkling the sheet. Doc sighed, then laughed.

“We got a big day tomorrow Scorbunny. Maybe I’ll get my first catch, huh...”

Alistar looked at the TR's as Duncan walked off before putting them into his bag, and heading off to Stow-on-Side himself. He entered the gym and signed up for his battle, before entering the changing room and completing the gym challenge. Stepping onto the field he was greeted by Bea, who started off the battle with Hitmontop. Alistar sent out Golbat as he'd have an advantage. Alistar started the battle off with Wing Attack, hitting Hitmontop directly before it retaliated with Revenge forcing Golbat to reel back. Next up Alistar had Golbat use Air Cutter, which also hit successfully and KO'd Hitmontop.

Next up was Pangoro, this would be one of the tougher fights. Alistar had Golbat go in for Crunch, but it countered with Circle Throw, grabbing Golbat and throwing it to the ground causing him to faint. Alistar used Krokorok next, and a quick Rock Tomb and Bulldoze combo took care of Pangoro easily; after taking a couple Bullet Punches and Circle Throws of course.

Her second last Pokemon would be Sirfetch'd, Alistar kept Krokorok in but he lost quickly due to the hits he'd sustained earlier. Next up was Pawniard, who combining Screech with Metal Claw was able to take out Sirfetch'd easily.

Her final Pokemon would be Machamp, Alistar switched out Pawniard for Dewott and the two Dynamaxed their Pokemon, Bea Gigantamaxing. Dewott started off with Max Airstream, her Machamp masterfully dodging and retaliating with G-Max Chi Strike dealing massive damage. Dewott gets up close before using Max Airstream again, giving Machamp no time to dodge and hits him directly. Seeing his opportunity to finish the fight, Dewott delivers a powerful Max Knuckle before both the Pokemon undynamaxed, Machamp revealing to have fainted. Alistar gets his Fighting Badge from Bea and walks out into the lobby, praising Dewott on how far he'd come since they started their journey.

After watching Alistar’s match with Bea he went in to change in his challenger uniform, he was determined to win this whole competition and to do so he must defeat Alistar and Gabblimey and those that will get in his way.

The gym mission was easy, what’s beyond the doors was the real challenge. As he entered the battlefield he was greeted by Bea, he knew she uses fighting types so to make sure he had the advantage he sent out Corvisquire, Bea sent out Hitmontop.

He yelled Drill Peck which was super effective, K.O’ing the Hitmontop instantly. She then sent out Pangoro which meant be a problem for Corvisquire, so he switch it with Combusken and made it use Double Kick, though super effective it didn’t go down as quickly as Hitmontop, the Pangoro used Night Slash which almost knock out Combusken.

He yelled Double Kick but the Pangoro use Bullet Punch which knocked out Combusken. He returned it and sent out Corvisquire, immediately shouting Drill Peck which hit the Pangoro immediately K.O’ing it. All of a sudden Corvisquire started glowing, meaning it was evolving. It evolved into Corviknight, which made Duncan happy because of the next gym, if he beat this one that is.

Bea then sent out Sirfetch’d and made it use Brutal Swing, which took Duncan surprised. He then told Corviknight to use Drill Peck, but it used Steel Wing instead which knocked out Sirfetch’d, though it’s not super effective.

Bea then sent out her last Pokémon which was a Machamp and immediately Gygantamaxing it, Duncan knew he has to use a Z-Move to beat it. He pulled out his Flyinium Z and put it on his Z-Ring, he then put both his arms out and then put them up, he then crouch down and raised his left arm up in the air and then shouted “Supersonic Skystrike”, Corviknight the went up in the air and came down on Machamp resulting in instant K.O.

After receiving his badge, he went to the Pokémon Centre to make sure his Pokémon are completely healed. After he got Pokémon his from the nurse, he went to Glimwood Tangle to train his team and after training he went to Ballonlea for his next gym badge.

Last edited:
Gabblimey neared Stow-on-Side as she and her team marched down Route 6. Before she reached the town, she went up a ladder, and some lady in a lab coat looked at her, coming closer and... sniffing her? Gabblimey reacted by shoving her away, and they rubbed their hands together.

"Yes... you have them, there is no doubt about it! You must come this way and let Cara Liss do what she does best: bring Pokemon back from the dead!"

They ran off to a corner, and out of sheer curiosity and concern, Gabblimey followed. When she arrived, Cara snatched two of the rocks she had gotten from the Digging Duo. She was a bit angry at first, but then they were shoved into a machine, and it began moving strangely. After the process was finished, an Arctozolt was born, except... one issue. It was clearly, absolutely, entirely in complete pain and suffering. Gabblimey was horrified by this, and she helped Arctozolt get the HELL away from this crazy lady by knocking her the hell out. When they were in the stone tunnel, Gabblimey hugged the poor, poor creature for being brought into existence. She had no choice: she HAD to take this thing with her.

"Um... alright... so is it like... you're two Pokemon, or just one amalgamation of science? I prefer the former, so you're... uh..."

Yeah she had no clue what to call this thing, it was an abomination of science! It was like everything about it was mixed and matched! Wait...

"Your bird part will be... Max, and the body part will be Mitch. Mitch and Max, we'll go with that, alright?"

Max nodded, and Mitch began walking with Gabblimey into Stow-on-Side. Once they reached the center, they healed up and looked at the stadium. Mitch and Max... probably would stay out of this.

Lucas was barely watching the battle, but smiled softly at the sight of his little Toxel getting excited by the huge Pokemon...he glanced up at the massive Gigantamax Centiskorch, wishing that he had one of those. He started to think about his own team as he walked down to the lobby to congratulate Alex on the win...he was still worried that Scruff was too little to take on the Gym Leader, but he could probably do work against the Gym Mission. Otherwise, Funky, Bundt, and Smith probably shouldn't do much themselves. That left Rocky Road as the one to do most of the battling...

As he entered Ballonlea he thought he’ll just see what the town has, he knew he was ahead of most of the trainers in the Gym Challenge, so he waited until another trainer came to Ballonlea.

Duncan was waiting at the Pokémon Centre in Ballonlea, his training in Glimwood Tangle payed off. His Combusken evolved into Blaziken and his Axew evolved into Fraxure.

Last edited:
Gabblimey and company walked into the lobby of the stadium, but she mainly kept her eyes on Mitch and Max. She was concerned for them... she didn't know if they would, like, have a sudden heart attack or something. After this, she would try to train them up and see if they would collapse. She had to think about who she was fighting... Bea, right? She wasn't really knowledgeable about what they would use, she always spent her time stal- I mean studying Allister. The only thing she knew is there were Fighting types, so Mark was probably going to sweep them. Coil could be useful, but really the only reason she would get sent out was if Mark couldn't take it anymore.

Alistar, still in Stow-on-Side, trained his Pokemon just outside the stadium for a while. During the intensive training, he managed to evolve Dratini into Dragonair but that was really the only thing of note that happened. He noticed Gabblimey walk into the stadium- with an extremely odd looking Pokemon waddling beside her that seemed to be a fusion of an electric and ice type. He'd ask her about it later he thought to himself, for now though he'd keep training.

After signing up for her match, Gabblimey sent everyone but Coil to the field since they couldn't be with her during this gym mission. By the end of it, Coil was not only tired, but dizzy from all the spinning. She let her rest some before approaching Bea for her match. She started with Hitmontop, and Gabblimey sent in Mark to begin the carnage. The Hitmontop had nothing they could do to Mark, so it was easy pickings at that point. Next was Pangoro, who began with a Work Up, which was quickly mitigated by Mark's Haze. A Night Slash soon followed, which hit Mark pretty hard, and that's when he Disabled that pesky move. Pangoro repeatedly used Bullet Punch in order to damage Mark, but they eventually fell to their knees after a few Slam attacks. Mark, however, fell soon after when Sirfetch'd came in hot with a powerful Brutal Swing. Coil crawled in, starting with her signature move, Coil, as Sirfetch'd prepared with a Swords Dance. A Flame Wheel smashed into Sirfetch'd, and Brutal Swing made Coil's head spin, almost falling over. The both of them fell when they traded blows, and Cor was sent in as a last resort. Machamp came out, and grew in both size and muscle-mass as they were Gigantimaxed. Cor used Leech Seed to sap away their health, and several G-Max Chi Strikes went Cor's way. While being bombarded, Cor used Iron Defense and Recover, but could barely stand by the end of the assault. Cor used Protect to defend themself, negating whatever Machamp threw at him. One last attack was thrown in Apple Acid, but Cor was destroyed by a critical hit Revenge. This was bad, the only Pokemon she had left was Mitch and Max, and she didn't even know what they could do. Reluctantly, she sent them in, but Max tilted their head as they pointed to Machamp. They were slowly falling onto the ground, and light green light went into Mitch. The Leech Seed saved her chances at winning again, and she couldn't believe it. She sighed in relief, and got her Fighting badge as she left the stadium. Everyone was healed at the center, and Gabblimey approached Alistar.

"Well then, really was at the seat of me pants in that fight. Now, I believe I promised ya a battle back in Motostoke?"