• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Thanks!" Alex responded to Jake, slightly looking away, smiling. She quickly made it fade and started to think about names for her new Pokemon. She knew that Noibat were a type of wyvern, and they were the "Sound Wave Pokemon". She thought some sort of portmanteau was the best choice for a name. Alex made up some names: Svyern, Svern, Wyvrn to name a few. She decided to name her Wynd." Alright Noibat, are you happy with the name Wynd?" She asked, looking back. Wynd wasn't paying attention, she was eyeing a Wimpod shuffling around. It noticed the predator and ran away into the cave.

Last edited:
Kia put her hands on her hip. "That Noibat sure does seem hungry... maybe you could give it something to eat." She turned to Seth. "Maybe now's a good time to make us all a nice treat." She looked around at the crystals. They seemed oversized, in her eyes. She decided to do research from a book called, The Galar Crystals. She became indulged in the book at once.

Shade walked into the Galar Mine and saw a group ahead of her. Walking ahead, she found the group she had introduced herself to about to make some food. And she wanted to help.

"Why, hello, you guys. It's been awhile," she greeted.

Then she found Jake. "Oh, to answer your question, you can be my assistant if you want to. To be a researcher, you have to have an open mind and a motivation to learn things and have the patience and drive to do almost anything to get the answers to your question. And you must also have an understanding that some questions will have a negative answer, but that is okay," then she began talking to everyone else. "Since you guys seem to be hungry, I want to help you all make some food. Especially since I have a team of Pokemon that need food."

She released all of her Pokemon, including the three Pokemon she didn't release to show everyone. A Mime Jr., Alolan Raichu, Galarian Slowpoke, Dottler, Hatenna, male and female Indeedee were released and were playing each other in one little group. A Gengar with a Gengarite attached to a band around his waist, a Galarian Corsola, and Dreepy appeared and began playing with each other and get to know each other. Then, a Galarian Linoone, Thievul, Impidimp, and Morpeko appeared alongside each other and they all chatted to get to know each other.

The three groups then intermingled as the rest of Shade's old Pokemon team talked to the new additions and taught them about how Shade trained and how she was, as well as what to expect from her in the future.

Last edited:
Jake's eyes widened, as he slowly started to grin in excitemen tas he looked at Sonny happily.

"YES!" He said, and jumped up a bit.

He blinked, then blushed in embarrassment, and rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, and laughed a bit, before he sat down to eat and his mind raced with thoughts, staring at the crystals while he hummed

Last edited:
Alistar continued on his way to Hammerlocke through the Wild Area, catching sight of various different Pokemon along the way when a certain Pokemon caught his eye; it was a Golbat. Well aware of what it evolved into, Alistar engaged it in battle with Dratini, this would also be a good way to get some training in. "Dratini, use Aqua Jet!" Dratini sped towards Golbat, surrounding itself with water before colliding into it. The Golbat responded with Poison Fang, which Dratini promptly dodged. "Quick, Dragon Rage!" Dratini complied, firing a beam of draconic energy at Golbat which connected and sent it to the ground. Now was his chance, Alistar pulled out a pokeball and tossed it at the downed Pokemon, catching it with ease. "Great work Dratini!" He said enthusiastically as he returned him to his pokeball and went again on his way.

Seth had already set up a station for his work. He had brought out a lot of the food that he had for the group, and started to prepare a sweet and spicy curry with a berry salad.

When Shade came up to the group, he looked up and spoke while still chopping the berries and other ingredients. "If you want to help cook then you are more then welcome. I have the food for my pokemon prepared already and some of the pokemon with the same type would be sure to like it as well. Though if they don't, I can see what I can come up for them."

Snow was by his side on a large rock that formed around a large crystal. She loved to be near her trainer, and help when she could with his food.

Seth while he cooked, hummed a tune. It seemed that with whatever he did, music was apart of it.

Gabblimey was getting tired of this waiting game. She had been waiting for hours on end for these losers. How long does it take to get here?! She groaned, then ordered Mark to take the path back and find those chumps. He nodded, then began floating back the way they came to Galar Mine #2. He saw them there, and floated beside them, and made very angry noises. He too, was extremely upset they were taking so long.

He grinned, letting the rest of the Pokémon play while he turned his attention to the Yamask that paid them a visit. “Oh...I didn’t know Yamask could show up here! I...wait...Mark? What’re you doing here? Where's Gabblimey?” He seemed a bit confused, and stood up. He gave his own Pokémon the rest of the berries he had in his bag so they would be well fed, and returned them as soon as they ate. “I think I’ll go with Mark on my own to see what’s going on...Gabblimey might be hurt or something. Mind taking me?” He smiled at the Yamask.

Mark circled around everyone in the immediate area, then hovered back and pointed to the outside of the cave. He wanted all of them to come so they would all understand the situation in its entirety. If they hadn't decided to get distracted every 12 seconds, maybe they would've gotten here faster. Gabblimey was going to give them SUCH a huge rant for taking so long... and that meant he had to listen to this. He crossed his arms and waited impatiently.

"...i dont speak pokemon, but i think he wants us to come," Jake sighed, before he stood, and held what was left of his food, and returned Baltimore and Scamp to their balls (the two being finished already).

"Let's see what she wants to get angry at us for when we did nothing to make her mad in the first place now..." Jake grumbled, as he grabbed his backpack and let Sonny onto his shoulder

Shade quickly pulled up her datapad to scan the Galarian Yamask before talking to the others.

Species: Galarian Yamask
Type: Ground/Ghost
The Spirit Pokemon
Average Height: 1'08" (0.5m)
Average Weight: 3.3lbs (1.5kg)
Evolves To: Runerigus
Evolution Method: Take some damage and walk under the stone arch in Dusty Bowl.
Possible Abilities: Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit - If this Pokemon is hit by a move that makes contact, the attacker and this Pokemon's abilities are traded.
The Galarian Yamask is a variant of the Unovan Yamask. A clay slab with cursed engravings took possession of a Yamask. The slab is said to be absorbing the Yamask's dark power. It's said that this Pokemon was formed when an ancient clay table was drawn to a vengeful spirit.

"Well, what kind of impatient asshole did you guys make friends with? Either way, it's going to take us a bit to get to Motostoke. You will just have to wait, as last I trekked through here, it took me a good 4 hours. I don't think any of us have any Pokemon that can use Teleport right now," she told Mark with an almost irritated tone to her voice. She didn't want to shoot the messenger down, but it was pretty rude.

"Hmm...maybe you're right...I guess I just thought she'd want to talk with me since I'm pretty much the one she has a grudge against...well, maybe except for Seth. And my mum texted me earlier about some 'ungrateful brat', but I don't really see her that way...anyways, you're gonna have to wait for a second, cus some snacks are being made...I can talk to Gab first though, if you'd let the rest finish their food...we've just been busy with baby Pokemon and Nessa's gym...sorry about that, Mark."

After Shade told off the Galarian Yamask, she began fixing food for her Pokemon. She pulled out one bag in her satchel that had all kinds of berries. She even found several sweet and tart apples from her travels in the Wild Area. Knowing her Pokemon aren't spicy fans, she made hers to be more sour and sweet, throwing the two kinds of apples in plus some sour and sweet berries.

When she was done mixing the large vat of food from what looked like a crock pot in terms of its size, she then divvied everything up in little bowls for each of her Pokemon. The ones that have evolved, except for Dottler, have larger bowls, while the ones that haven't evolved yet, had small bowls. The ones that didn't need to eat too much were Dottler and her Galarian Corsola. She sat her Corsola down on her lap while sitting down on a rock and relaxed, while the Corsola began glowing, sapping some of Shade's energy.

Feeling that time was of the essence, Shade's Pokemon scarfed down their food, all except for her Galarian Corsola. Her Alolan Raichu and Gengar decided to stay out of their PokeBalls while everyone else returned. Her Galarian Corsola on the other hand rested herself in Shade's arms, siphoning her energy from her.

Shade did feel drained, but of the mental variety. She yawned a little before standing up, her Alolan Raichu at her side and her Gengar supporting her with shadows as he hid in her shadow. Shade had her Alolan Raichu help pack her things before she was ready to set off.

"Now that I am done, we should see what your trainer is going to say," she talked to the Galarian Yamask as she made her way through the Galar Mine.

Due to having her energy drained her way to Motostoke, she was getting tired and her skin was pale, paler than a sheet of paper. But she didn't mind. After awhile, her Galarian Corsola had her fill and was returned to her PokeBall. Her Gengar then began to siphon her negative emotions and stored them within his body for use in Dark Pulse later when he gets a chance to battle.

Mark just shot a look at Shade for a moment. How in the HELL did it take her 4 hours to get through this place?! He was getting tired of this, so he threw his arms up into the air, and exited the mine. Clearly, for a researcher, she only looked at what they thought was important, despite this being a literal moral dilemma. He eventually arrived back at the stadium, and tapped his wrist when he reached Gabblimey.

"You're bloody killing me here. They need MORE time? I swear, they're the most dysfunctional group of trainers I've ever seen..."

Shade just nodded her head to Jake's question. "Yes, I am alright. I rested last night, but have been up since. And it mainly took so long because of how the routes are. I get that this is a Galarian Yamask and he can just float his way over here, but these routes are gigantic. Not as huge as the ones in Kanto, but sure they are still pretty long to trek through, especially if you got feet. But if this trainer of his really is super impatient, then why is he waiting for us? Anyway, I should probably get back to explaining why I'm pale," she scratched an itch on her face before continuing. "Y'see, some Pokemon, especially Ghost-Types, require another way to get their energy and food from. While they can eat physical food, they would much prefer emotions or the life force of other beings. That is why I usually give my life force up for my Pokemon, which is why I'm super pale. It takes a lot out of me, but I do this to also train myself in how to push past this if I get up close and personal with a dangerous Ghost-Type that won't see that I'm not trying to hurt it. Anyway, we really should get going. Don't worry about catching up, I'll be in Motostoke in no time."

As she said this, she quickly hurried her way out of the Galar Mine. She then went through Route 4 as quickly as she could for having almost half of her life force drained. When she made her way to the barricade by the Motostoke Stadium, she was confused. She saw the same Galarian Yamask next to his trainer. She looked pissed. Shade was going to have a few words with her.

"I'm assuming you are the one hurrying everyone else up because you don't want to wait. Why do you have to wait for them? And yes, I am a part of their group before you ask, but why the hell were you trying to force everyone to hurry up on your own behalf? Why not leave them behind? Or do you value companionship that much but don't want to admit it?" Shade was a little more than irritated at this point. She was not having it and her Gengar forcing her temper to the surface as he ate her emotions was not helping, neither was her life force being drained and making her look like paper in color. Her dark circles under her eyes were getting darker and the normally bright look in her eyes were now dull and fiery with irritation and anger.

Her Alolan Raichu squeaked curiously at Shade, confused as to why she was reaming this girl. Her Gengar appeared behind Shade, a dark mass following as he emerged from her shadow, but still kept himself dipped in her shadow. His glowing red eyes and a shiny Mega Stone shone bright like the full moon in the dead of night as he smiled gleefully at his trainer's frustration, and he glowed with dark power.

After wandering about for a bit and getting lost, Doc finally found his way to the stadium. A mix of feelings swarmed in his mine like Beedrills who’s nest was disturbed. He was pondering why the blockade of Pokémon blocked the stadium entrance, preventing him from watching the match.

Scorbunny hopped from Doc’s back and skipped over towards the Pokémon. Doc crouched down and watched his partner begin to mingle with the others. Scorbunny placed a paw on its chest, and pointed towards the stadium. “What’s your plan, Scorbunny? I’ll look for the hotel while you do that, I guess.”

Doc pulled out a map, and looked for the nearest hotel. Scouting for the closest one, he also kept in mind the things they could do while in Motostoke. “Hmm, this and this...I don’t think Scorbunny likes flowers, though. Maybe some candy, though...”

Another glare was shot at Shade, this time from Gabblimey. She was not pleased at all by her demeanor or attitude, she had no right or reason to get upset at her.

"Well look at little miss fockin' edgelord here. Ya think ya can just dictate what's wrong or right in the world just because ya have some years on ya? Well sorry to say that ya have one twisted mind in that case, because it doesn't take THREE BLOODY HOURS to get here from Hulbury. Even with the gym challenge! Methinks that you are a reason for that, chalk-skin. Now unless you have a good reason to be here besides being a goddamn ambassador, I suggest you patter along back to those useless whelps. And if you even try to take us down with force, not only is it immoral, it's illegal. So go."

She crossed her arms, holding her egg close to her as not to drop it. God she hated these "I'm bigger and older than you so you better listen to me" types.

Salasa let Shade go ahead, but it didn't take long for him to run after her, worried about the outcome. He stayed back, letting the two talk for a bit before announcing his presence by walking forward. "Three hours? Well...we weren't exactly rushing through the gym challenge, first of all. We all experience our journey differently, and I suppose ours...well, definitely mine is a bit more slowpaced, I guess...so..." he glanced around at the blockade. "What's the deal here? I'm not gonna face the gym just yet, but why's it blocked off? Is Kabu out training or something? I don't think I saw him in Galar Mine #2..."

Duncan was waiting in the Pokémon Centre at Hammerlocke for Nurse Joy to call his name, he knew where the next gym was he just wasn't sure if he should go there now. "Duncan" Nurse Joy called, he gets up and goes to collect his Pokémon. "Your Pokémon are now battle fit" "Thanks Nurse Joy".

He went outside and thought for a moment, "The next gym is a ghost type gym I believe" he said to himself, "it wont hurt train now would it?". He pulled out his Pokeball containing Combusken, unsure what to do. He whispers "I understand partner" like he knew what Combusken was thinking, he soon started heading to route 6 to train his team.

Alistar finally arrived in Hammerlocke, being allowed access through the massive gates after showing the challenge staff his badges. Once inside, he marvelled at the architecture and size of the buildings. "If this isn't the largest city, then Wyndon must really be something." He wondered to himself, though now wasn't the time for distractions, he'd have plenty of time here later when he challenged the gym. For now he'd have to head to Stow on Side for his next gym battle, so he went to the Pokemon Center real quick before heading out the left gate of Hammerlocke and onto Route 6.

After some training, he was mere steps from Stow-on-Side, he looked behind him to see if any trainers were near him, there weren't. When he started to walk to Stow-on-Side, he noticed a trainer from the corner of his eye.

He was partly surprise that another trainer beat Kabu, since most gym challengers give up after facing Kabu. He thought he could do one more battle before entering Stow-on-Side, so he waited for the trainer to be a close enough for them to battle.

Now close to Stow-on-Side, Alistar had done a little bit of training along the way and thought himself ready for the next gym. As he climbed the final ladder, he noticed who he presumed to be a trainer looking at him. Anticipating he wanted a battle, Alistar walked up to him and introduced himself. "Hey, I'm Alistar. Would you happen to be looking for a battle?" He asked.

Gabblimey snarled, handing her egg over to Coil for safekeeping. She was just about ready to throw hands with these chumps, but they didn't deserve that honor. She walked straight up to Salasa and and stared into his eyes.

"Listen, lassie, I don't have time for people who take their merry time getting here. In case ya haven't noticed, the stakes are much higher than people other than you. All these lads behind me? These aren't just some people I flashed some cash to in order to delay you. These people are my family, and as hard as I've been working to keep them alive almost my entire life, we've barely been able to feed ourselves. I only have these better clothes because of Kabu, so that I wouldn't get ridiculed for wearing duds from a rubbish bin. I tame the Pokemon that travel with me, not imprison them in Poke Balls, because we can't afford such luxuries. We have no parents, we have no homes, and we have no other chance of survival in the big city. WE are the poor boys, and we are making our stand, right now, right here. I won't spare you the lyrics. Hit it!"

The sound of sticks rhythmically beating down on rubbish bins rang through the air, soon followed by the sounds of makeshift horns blaring. Light strumming of a faux-guitar and tooting of a hand-made saxophone soon followed, and Gabblimey shoved Salasa back a bit as she cleared her throat.

( https://musescore.com/user/29938177/scores/5882501 (Plight of the Poor Boy) lyrics in tune with trumpet measure 9 onward)
"Here I stand, all our hopes and dreams clenched in hand. Everybody looks straight at us, deeming us less thaaaan duuuust. Tried to run, but our hardships had just begun. Our lives are not just someone's toy, listen to the plight of the poor boooy! Broke us down, thought that we wouldn't be around. But we fought our way back up top, and we will neveeeer stoooop. On our own, everyone of us is disowned. But you take a good look around, and now your pride's smashed into the grooound! No one ever thinks about how we truly feel, forced to fall and then to them we kneeeeel. But now we stand to them, force all them to repeaaal, and now that you know of our cause, time for you to squeaaaal!"

The music ceased, and Gabblimey gave a small cough, then pushed her finger against Salasa's chest, glaring at him intensely.

"What I'm getting at is... you will never, ever, EVER complete the gym challenge and become champion. That right belongs to me. That is, unless you're a monster and want to break all those laddies' hopes and dreams of being able to live normal lives. You're a pathetic, insignificant, and worthless excuse of a trainer, and you should've gone home with that porker of a mother before we ever met. That goes with all your friends too. Tell them to back off, else we'll make them. Laddies, ya can go home now... they choose a death sentence if they enter that stadium to challenge Kabu."

All the kids in their ruined clothes moves the barricade, Gabblimey hugging each one of them as they went back into the alleyway. Gabblimey and her team walked out of Motostoke, and began making her way through the Wild Area to Hammerlocke. Luckily, she was able to gather quite a few Watts to get some assistance from some other people...

He smiled before replying. "You're on," he said confidently, walking a fair distance away forming a crude battlefield. He pulled out the pokeball of the Pokemon he'd chosen to use, and threw it up in the air revealing an enthusiastic looking Pikachu. Electricity currents coarsed through it's conductive cheeks, signifying it was ready for anything.

He throw Drednaw, but by the time the Pokémon were on the field there was no going back. He knew Pikacha would beat Drednaw but he knew that Drednaw is getting excited fighting a Pikacha, which he does't know why.

"Polish Rock" he yelled, Drednaw soon became faster, he didn't have to fight it, he just needs to tire it for the perfect blow.

"Pikachu, use Electro Ball!" Using Electro Ball would deal more damage based on how much faster Pikachu was than it's opponent, so Alistar'd have to utilise it to the best of his ability before it was rendered useless by Drednaw's Rock Polish. Pikachu began charging a yellow ball of pure electricity, and lobbed it at Drednaw with immense speed.

Salasa blinked, his eyes widening at the harsh words and truths that Gabblimey spat at him...he hadn't quite know what she was going through, but...he sighed, letting her talk on. He was about to talk when that tune started to play. Funky came out of his own accord, and happily started to drum along with his sticks. Once the song was done, he glanced up at Gabblimey's Pokemon...he grinned, eager to see them once again...two of them had even evolved, it looked like. Salasa wanted to say something, but he knew better...there was no reason to try and anger her. But since they had left, he knew what he had to do. If he just gave up now, he'd appease Gabblimey, sure...but what about Kabu? He didn't want to take off after her, so he texted his Mum...eventually, a Corvisquire came along, and Salasa gave him a piece of paper, which he wrote on after a bit of thinking. Then, it took off...a bit later, it caught sight of Gabblimey and flapped in front of her, dropping the note on the ground. It gave a proud squawk, and flew off. The note read as follows.
"I know that you've been through a lot, and that must be hard to go through...but I'm not going to stop the gym challenge just because you say so. You don't want sympathy, right? Then I won't give you any. Besides, what about Kabu? Would he want people to give up on the gym challenge just because someone told them to? I'm going to battle him anyways...nothing you can do to stop it! -Signed, Salasa."

Jake stared as he processed what just happened.

"...ya know...she could have maybe beaten the next gym and probably been halfway to the one after that if she didn't wait here for us just to tell us that, she could be a decent way ahead of us by now..." Jake thought out loud, as he looked around at the group.

Sonny watched the girl leave, a confused look on the rabbit's face. "Scor...'