• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

"Oh! Well I think that's just fine! Seth here isn't a part of the Gym Challenge, and he's still coming with us on our journey." He grinned, crossing his arms as his brand new Alcremie came out of her ball, looking around. "Oh...hey!" he squatted down, tilting his head at the sweet Pokemon. "Hmm...if you don't like your name, I can change it. How about...um...Fresh? Minty? Um...I dunno...Bundt?" It seemed to perk up at that name, giving a shy smile. "Oh...then Bundt it is! Ha, I was just gonna start naming off sweet treats or something."

Coil flinched after every single hit from the Pawniard, shaking their head rapidly afterwards. Now she was upset, and her tiny wiggles insinuated this. She stood in front of the Pawniard again, and still refused to attack. Seems that they were dead set in their resolve for a peaceful end to the battle. She stared into the Pawniard's eyes, hoping that they would realize what they were doing.

"If you just started naming off sweets, you'd be pulling something i'd do," Jake chuckled as he scratched behind Sonny's ears a bit.

"To be honest, i only got Sonny's name from looking at the sun." He admitted with an embarrassed blush.

"At least he liked it," Jake shrugged, glancing down at the Scorbunny.

"...you do like it, right?" He asked the rabbit.

The fire type nodded as he leaned into Jake's touch.

"Ok, i never asked after i initially named you," Jake sighed in relief.

Pawniard went in for another flurry attack, but stopped dead in her tracks once she realised the Sizzlipede wasn't fighting back. Alistar looked at the two Pokemon, kind of confused on what was going on. Pawniard then took a deep bow toward Coil, a sign of it's respect, before she turned around and walked back to her trainers side. "So much for no mercy..." Alistar thought to himself. It seemed to him that Pawniard no longer wished to fight Coil, as the two had come to a mutual agreement.

Coil crawled back to Gabblimey, climbed up her leg, and went down her arm as she wrapped around her wrist. Gabblimey wasn't too happy with this development, but she had to make do with the options her Pokemon made.

"It's better this way, lassie. No fainted Pokemon means no sadness when they fall. Now make your next pick, I can't guarantee that the others are as kind as Coil. And I'll have to give ya a chin-wag after this, Coil."

Coil nodded, wrapping tighter around her wrist. Guess that's where she wanted to be when not battling.

Kia shrugged. "Doesn't make a difference to me." Sled grunted again and circled Sonny. He was right about to grunt but started to sneeze. As he sneezed, an Ice Shard came out of his nose. "Not again!" Kia looked at the floor. "Sorry about that..." She perked up again and smirked. "Let's get going, gang!" She realised that Jake was still there. "Are you coming? (Pause) And don't say I suppose!" She returned Sled.

Jake blinked in surprise.

"I mean...well...if everyone's okay with me coming, i don't wanna be that guy," he said, letting Sonny hop back onto his shoulder as Jake started to follow the group.

"Y-You guys headed to the next town over?" He asked as he looked around at the group as he slowly followed from behind.

"I-if not, we're heading in different directions unfortunately..."

Last edited:
"If you're talking about Hulbury, I think so. I don't really know much about anywhere outside of Hulbury, though. That's actually where I live. So it'll be a little visit back home, for me. Plus, we can beat the Water gym!" Kia let Mudd out as she said it. Mudd hopped around and fell on her backside. "To think you are actually pretty good in battle..." She smirked and chuckled as Mudd got back up.

He smiled softly, nodding. “Yeah, you can come along! The more the merrier, I saw!” He brought out Funky, who lowered his shades to gaze at the new arrivals. He grinned, and hopped alongside Mudd, admiring how different the Marshtomp looked. “Hmm...you definitely know more about Hulbury than me. You know, I wonder what the other gym challengers are doing right now...”

Kia noticed how well Funky and Mudd got along, especially because they have both evolved. "Salasa... I noticed that Funky and Mudd really like each other. It's like a rivalry within a rivalry. So, I want another battle." She looked at Salasa. "The other gym challengers are probably still preparing for this gym. Not everyone is as good as us." She kept a straight face, even though she was clearly joking.

“Huh? Well...alright, that sounds fun! Just...one sec.” His Rotom Phone zipped out of his bag, and he held it in front of his new Heal Ball. “Hmm...weird symbol...moves...alright, we’re good! This’ll be Bundt’s debut battle!” He grinned, and threw his Heal Ball...the Alcremie popped out, looking around curiously. It seemed a bit nervous.

Kia walked to the field nearby. Bundt's debut? That means he must start with Bundt... She took out her notepad and looked at the page on Alcremie. High special stats... I should use a pokemon with high special defence and high attack power. Mudd would be my best shot, but I wanna save her energy for Funky... alright then. I know who I'll use.

“Alright then...this’ll be fun! Dodge it!” Bundt attempted to jump out of the way, but she wasn’t a very fast Pokémon...she got hit, and got launched back. “Oh...alright then. Our turn! Use...hmm....use Sweet Kiss!” The Cream Pokemon hopped forwards, gently kissing the Swinub on the forehead, causing confusion. “Alright...great job!”

Jake looked around the field with a smile as he stopped and started to watch the two pokemon train.

Sonny then tapped his shoulder and pointed to a bit of bushes somewhat away.

Jake followed his point, and blinked when he saw the Yamper looking at him.

He shared a look with Sonny.

"Ill...be right back!" He said raising his voice so the others can hear him, before he speedwalked over to the bushes, and carefully let Sonny down before he got on his knees.

"You've been following us for a while...aren't you a bit far from town?" Jake asked the electric type dog softly as he looked at him.

The Yamper looked down and shifted a bit.

"What's the matter?" Jake asked with a small frown.

"...Yamp..." the dog said, its ears flattened.

Yamper slowly stepped forward and nudged the pokeball next to Baltimore's with its nose, before it looked up at the trainer.

Jake looked back at it as he connected the dots.

"...if you wanted to come, you only had to ask," Jake smiled as he grabbed the pokeball.

Yamper perked up as its tail started to wag.

It yipped happily, as Sonny watched with a smile.

"Youll need a name...hm...Yamper....yamp...electric type...you were a stray...stole food...scrounged...caused mischief...whats a word for someone who causes mischief...?...oh! Scamp?"

"Yamp!"

Jake grinned and nodded as he lowered the pokeball down to the pokemon's nose.

Scamp quickly pressed his nose against the button and went inside of it as the ball started to shake. Once. Twice. Three times. Click.

Sonny bounced around Jake excitedly.

Jake stood and looked at the ball with a smile, before he reattached the pokeball to his side.

He lowered his arm for Sonny to get perched on again, before he hurried back out to watch the ongoing match.

Gabblimey thought for a moment. She was positive that she had him pinned against the ropes. Mark swung a bit on her back, implying he wanted attention. She rolled her eyes as she pat his marble slab.

"Awright, come on now Mark, time for your turn. Don't you get shoved around this time, else you'll be in on the chin-wag with Coil. Pitter patter."

Mark let out a small cry, then flew over Gabblimey's head by pushing on her shoulders for momentum. When he faced the Oshawott, he went in for a Brutal Swing.

Kia waved at Jake before turning her attention to the battle. "This can't be good... I should have something for this..."Kia frantically searched through her bag. She pulled out a Persim Berry. She chucked it to Sled and he ate it. She waggled her finger. "Ice Shard, into a healthy dose of Tackles!" Sled used Ice Shard, before shooting out for a Tackle. When it hit, Sled would keep on charging until he missed.

Mark's slab swung wildly around when he was knocked back from the Razor Shell. He began focusing more on the situation, and went in with an Astonish. Flinching would put him at an advantage, since that Oshawott was already showing signs that he would become a whole different beast.

"Mark, I expect better from ya in a battle for superiority. Fix up your act, else you're in for an earful."

Oshawott was clipped by Astonish on his foot as he was coming back down to the ground, causing him to tumble the rest of the way down and land on his back, causing some extra damage. "You alright Oshawott?" Asked Alistar, he got up and nodded confidently, although a bit startled by the fall. "Well in that case, use Aerial Ace!" Oshawott began running towards Mark, and jumped up into the air to deliver a high speed slash attack with his Scalchop.

“Ahhh...come on...” he mumbled, trying to think. He had completely forgotten that berries had uses in battle too. “Hmm...nothing I can do but...alright. Use Metronome!” The Alcremie was getting pummeled, but raised and wagged her finger...she suddenly jumped into a puddle of water that appeared beneath her feet. “Woah...Dive! Great job!”

Mark smacked the scalchop with his slab, still getting hurt some from the Aerial Ace. He used Astonish again to get the Oshawott off of him, then kept his distance. He was definitely at a disadvantage, but he was lucky enough to only be hit by physical moves. A Yamask like him had defense as good as some fully evolved Pokemon. His best bet was to keep his distance, so he would know what was coming for him. He let out a small yell, sort of a "come at me" taunt.

Oshawott took the hit from Astonish, this time in the chest, sending him flying back towards Alistar. "Astonish again? Might not be such a good idea to get too close..." Alistar thought to himself. "Alright Oshawott, Water Gun!" Oshawott got up from the ground and spat up a high pressure beam of water towards Mark.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alex walked out of the Turffield Stadium, Grass Badge in hand. On her arm was a Dynamax Band, which she acquired as a gift from her family they bought at Wyndon for starting her adventure. With Alex was her newly evolved Steenee, Rose, her Raboot, Blaze, who evolved during training and a Ralts she caught in the Wild Area named Astral. "We did it, our first gym badge!" Alex said, excited. Rose and Blaze cheered, as Astral remained sleeping, as she was perched on her trainer.

Alex was headed to Route 5, however could see a battle going on between two trainers, who she assumed were gym challengers. She walked up to two boys that was watching the battle, one sitting on a rock with his Scorbunny, which Blaze ran over to, waving and running around. The other looked as if he was texting someone. "Hi, I'm Alex, I'm a Gym Challenger!" She introduced herself however not wanting to interrupt the battle. "I'm guessing some of you are taking on the Gym Challenge?"

Mark had a feeling this would happen, so he threw up a Protect for himself as the Water Gun approached. After the attack was no longer an issue, he floated over to the Oshawott and threw another Brutal Swing at them. It was a risky move, but it could've paid off.

" 'ave ya ever considered, I dunno, trying to be a worthy opponent? 'Cause this be absolutely pitiful if that's the case. I feel like a preschooler could do better than ya! Ya get three more attacks, then that's it, I have more challenging people to fight than your disappointing team."

Kia mumbled as she saw Rocky Road. She knew Mud Slap was her best shot at beating Carkol, being four times effective. She also knew Mudd would be much better suited for this, probably being able to two or three shot them. She stuck with Sled. "Sled, I'm putting all my trust in you!" She hardly noticed the new boy approach them. She nodded to him. "Let's go with a Mud Slap!" Sled spun, and mud splashed at Rocky Road.

Salasa seemed a bit disheartened by the comment, but shook it off...though, he still looked a bit scared. “A-Alright...one more time, F-Flame Charge!” It glanced at Salasa and growled, instead proceeding to back away from the mud slap to avoid it, then sent a Smack Down. “...Rocky Road?” It revved a bit, not even giving Salasa the time of day...it seemed to completely ignore him.