• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Johto Memories (Prizes Included)

I'm actually fairly new here, and I do this giveaway on all my subscribed forums, so why not this one?

I am giving away the following...
- 1 set of all the Johto Starters, HAs included (1st Place)
- 1 HA Totodile (2nd Place)
- 1 HA Chickorita (3rd Place)
- 1 HA Cyndaquil (4th Place)
- A non HA Johto starter of your choice (honorable mention)

The rules are simple, nothing to it:
Just write about what you liked most ( OR THE LEAST) about the GSC or HGSS games! It doesn't have to be long. My brother (who is also a pokemon fan) will read through them and pick the first 3 winners. I will pick 4th place and honorable mention(s). Have fun!

Well I don't know my friend code yet but Johto was my first ever game when I was about six. I would play it whenever I could and although I was too young to appreciate the storyline at the time I look back and it was awesome. I loved the team building side of it (espially my trusty typhlosion Scorch) and I wanted to become the best, a goal I achieved later.

I played HGSS when I was around ten, and I loved the ability to walk with my Pokemon, it allowed me to feel more attached to my team members. I loved being able to go and fight the previous gym leaders and the story was just stunning in so many ways.

(I won't be back till July (my games are at home), but here's my friend code: 4313-1039-2648 )

I loved 2nd Gen and it's remakes. Johto is my favorite region design wise and every time I play through it I feel at home. Gen 2 was my Gen that I grew up with and I still love it. The fact that I could return to Kanto, as I first played Red, and see how it's changed and challenge old foes (meaning gym leaders) was astounding.

I played Gold version first. I didn't play any of the Kanto games til after I beat the game. My brother told me I could go to Kanto after the Elite Four. I would've just done a new game. I don't know why I ended up back in New Bark Town. :(

One of the first Pokemon games I've played was Silver. I was always a fan of the Johto starters, and even though it would sometimes glitch on me, it was still one of my favorite games. One part I really liked was the fact that I wasn't limited to one region. Unfortunately, before I could beat my Silver, it got damaged and could no longer hold a save file for some reason. I played a bit of HeartGold and felt that Nintendo did a fairly decent job of remaking the game. (I always chose Cyndaquil) Personally, Gen IV is my second favorite generation of Pokemon games, with Gen V taking the cake, so to speak. In all of my Pokemon games, I have always tried to collect all the starters, especially from Johto, however I always end up short when it comes to Johto. Luckily, in my Pokemon Y, I managed to get Cyndaquil and Chikorita. The problem is I can't seem to find anyone willing to trade a Totodile without having to give away one of my Mythic/Legendary Pokemon until I found this post. Hopefully, I'll manage to win the Totodile, but if I don't then at least I tried. On the off-chance I'm actually lucky enough to win something, my friend code is 2080-0421-2021. Have a good day.