• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Johto league tournament

Character Bio and OOC chat:https://pokecharms.com/threads/johto-league-tournament-reboot-companion.16873/page-2

Drew and his sister Chloe walked into the Golden Rod city Pokémon center. The nurse looked at them with a questionable look on her face. " Excuse me." Drew said. " We're here to register for the Johto league." He said as he smiled.

The Nurse smiled back as she started gave both of them registration forms. The siblings wrote down their information before handing it back. The nurse nodded and wished both of them luck in the tournament.

Both siblings nodded as they left. " You ready for this." Drew said to Chloe.
"Yes I am." Chloe said with a smile on her face. When they went outside Chloe went to get some food for them While Drew stayed near the entrance scoping out anyone who could be a potential rival. He thought a little bit and wondered if he would meet anyone he met back in Kanto.

All heads turned when a trainer and an Alakazam teleported into the Pokemon center. "Well this is awkward." The boy said as he ran his hand through his familiar brown hair. He grinned as he heard the murmurs from all around him. "Yo, it's him. I gotta sign those withdrawal papers now." Some guy told his friend as they looked at the newcomer. "Oh my Arceus! He's even hotter in person!" A girl squealed along with her friends. "Ha, just because he won in Kanto doesn't mean he could beat a Johto native." A buff guy said aloud, trying make himself look tough. There was some other mumblings around the center, but the boy didn't care about the distractions and just walked up too the counter after he returned Alakazam. He pulled out his trainer card and showed it too the nurse.

"Oh, your spot has already been reserved Mr...?" The nurse didn't see a last name in the files. "Just call me Riley, my first name. I actually don't even know my last name." Riley scratched the back of his head with a grin on his face. "Okay then Riley, you're all set." The nurse said as she handed Riley back his trainer card. "Yeah, thanks." Riley said, nodding to the nurse before walking away. Then he stopped and walked right back to the counter. "Um, sorry about this, but can you heal my Pokemon?" Riley asked as he pulled out six pokeballs. "Yes, sure." The nurse said as a Chansey picked up the pokeballs and put them on a tray. "They should be ready in about five minutes." The nurse told Riley. He had been doing some intense training with his Pokemon earlier and they needed the healing. There didn't seem to be any seats available and Riley didn't feel like interacting with any of the people, so he just stood near a wall, with his hands in his pockets, and waited. While he waited, he wondered if he would see anyone from the Kanto League Tournament.

"Well now." Drew said as he looked at Riley. "If it ain't the Kanto league Champion." He said as he walked towards Riley. " It's good to see you again." He said as he lifted his hand towards Riley. " Congratulations for winning last time." He said. " But don't think you'll be able to win two in a row." He said.

Sazandora wlaked into the Pokemon Center a did all the necessary paperwork to join the tournament. Nurse Joy wished him luck and he quietly went and sat down in the Pokemon Center. Until he noticed Riley. The trainer was awestruck by the winner of the last tournament. He speed walked over to him and said," Hey, Riley, Congrats on winning the Kanto Tournament, I'm Sazandora" Sazan stuck out his hand at Riley.

Aspen walked through Goldenrod City, taking her time. The large city wasn't something she was used to, not by a long shot, but Aspen found it fun, traveling to different places and comparing them to her hometown of Mahogany. The Trainer stopped by Whitney's Gym and kept her hands in her jacket's pocket the entire time, silently flipping it the bird for the living Hell the Leader's Miltank had put her through, before continuing to the Pokemon Center. Upon entry, Aspen was immediately surprised to see the Champion of Kanto. She hurried to the desk and registered before awkwardly sitting down at a table and checking her Pokegear, wondering if the Champion would notice her and wondering what to say if he did.

Nion just went in the pokemon center and did all the paper work that was necessary. People started saying there were two legends and a champion in the room. Nion looked around he knew someone from the kanto league was in there nion dident know why but after the kanto league tournament he was called a legend he wondered if the others in that tournament got the same treatment but a champion it must have been riley. Nion looked around and found riley and drew. "OH MY ARCEAUS ITS YOU GUYS" Nion said running over to them. " Hows it been...." Nion said before looking at a kid that congradgulated riley on winning the last tournament. He then saw a girl that caught his attention come in. He looked at riley and drew with confused eyes.

Riley smiled a bit as he saw Drew. It felt good too finally see someone from Kanto. "Yeah, you're right. I won't just win two in a row. I'll win all of them." Riley said as he shook Drew's hand. "It's good to see you man." Riley told Drew before he turned to a trainer who ran up too him. It wasn't everyday a random trainer actually had the guts too run up too him, so Riley gave him respect for that. "Nice too meet you Sazan." Riley greeted as he shook the boy's hand. "So are you entering this tournament?" Riley asked before Nion burst in. Riley just shook his head. Nion always had too make some type of overreaction. Riley laughed as Nion thought they were calling him a legend. "Nion, if you're a legend them I'm a god." Riley said as he watched Nion continue to act confused.

Drew nodded at Riley. " Well we'll have to see about that." He said with a cocky smile. "Still it is good to see you again." He said He then turned to Nion and simply nodded He then looked at the other two. Since he only made it to the Semi's he doubted someone would recognize him. He then looked at the girl. " Hey there." he said. " Instead of just watching you can come over here. I promise we don't bite... mostly." He said. He then mentally kicked himself for that cringe worthy line.

Aspen felt her ears go red and suddenly wished that she hadn't decided to put her hair up. She got up and walked over, regaining her composure with every step. "Hi," she said, wishing that she wasn't so goddamn awkward, "I'm Aspen." Good job, that introduction wasn't straight-out and awkward at all! she internally scolded herself. "I'm participating in the Tournament."

Nion thought rileys joke was funny. " Maybe you are a god and you just don't know it like how your shoes are untied" Nion said looking at Riley with smile. Nion just sent out smeargle. Smeargle just climbed nion peeking over his shoulder. "So cute yet so mean" Nion said to his smeargle. Smeargle just slapped nion. Nion slapped him back this went on for a while before nion returned him. "heh heh let me tell you something riley. smeargle and tyranitar litteraly the only pokemon you need here in johto" Nion said before turning his attention to a girl who was more or less him when he was first starting the kanto league tourmant. Nion ran over to her. " Hello I'm nion you seem cute oh also ill light your world trust me you have nothing to fear nion the guardian is here trust me my advice might just might help you if you realy need help that bad" Nion said so excited he dident even know what he just said. Nion just wanted to scope out zack or Layla so they could be mentally confused about what he was saying. "I FEEL SO ALIVE I FEEL LIKE I JUST ATE AN ENTIRE BAG OF WHITE POWDER" Nion screamed before eating some tic-tacs.

Aspen's eyes widened instananeously in shock at Nion. She blinked. "...What?" she said, but she was so shocked that she couldn't think to say anything else. A red beam shot out from her backpack and Ashley, Aspen's Typhlosion, appeared. She looked at Nion and snorted.

"Ignore him." Drew said as he smiled at her. "He's a bit off." He said before kneeling down. He opened the palm of his hand for Ashley to sniff it. " So Ms. Aspen where are you from?" He asked.

Nion just stared at the giant Typhlosion. He reached for his pokeball and sent out smeargle. " Help me smeargle before this lizard kills me" Nion said to smeargle. " Smear smear smeargle'(Eat him please end this suffering)" Smeargle said to the Typhlosion in pokemon languadge. " Yeah you heard him typhlosion back off" Nion said. Smeargle just stared at nion. Nion heard drew and thought it was cold. " That's cold realy cold like how many postions I had to spend in mt moon cold" Nion said before running around again excited.

"Mahogany Town," Aspen replied. "What about yourself?"

Ashley sniffed Drew's hand and decided that he was trustworthy, then looked over to Smeargle. "Your Trainer's an idiot, isn't he?" she asked it when Nion thought his Pokemon was delivering a threat.

Leon strolled into the pokemon center and went straight to the counter and immediately showed the nurse his badges before she asked for his trainer card which he hated showing to people. "Thank you Leon for all of that and now your ready to go in this tournament." spoke nurse joy "Oh and I don't know where you'll be staying yet so just go sit around." Taking that as his queue to go Leon went into the far corner of the room and sent out hitmonlee,his partner, Handing him a bowl of pokemon food before starting to polish the pokeballs of his team.

Zack, after what seemed like hours of running, finally made it to the Pokemon center. He panted and put his hands on his knees from exhaustion.
"Oh Arceus... I'm never... Running that much... Ever again," Zack told himself, walking over to Nurse Joy. He took a sign up sheet and sat down, finally happy he could rest. Through all his complaining, he didn't even notice some of his friends from Kanto already there. He filled out the sheet and handed it back to Nurse Joy. She thanked him, and he sat down at an empty table nearby so he could fully recover.
"Alright, Johto. Finally. Maybe I'll get further than last time, or not get as far... Whatever. I'm just happy I wasn't late," Zack told himself, still not even noticing everyone else.

Last edited:
" Smear smear smeargle smeargle'( As you can see basically yeah hes as retarded as a rock but he pays up for it by being realy nice my life would have no excitement without him id recommend keeping your trainer away from him he um what can I say drags the people he cares about threw true hell because he has... a problem trusting others after an incident with his parents)" Smeargle said to the Typloshion before noticing a hitmonlee. " Smeargle (Look its a daddy long legs)" Smeargle said joking.

Nion noticed Zack who had sat in a table.Nion ran over to him " ZACK A BOI" Nion screamed before hugging zack in pere excitement . " RILEY DREW ZACKS OVER HERE" Nion screamed to them before letting go of Zack.

"Yeah, you should ignore this fool." Riley told Aspen as he looked at Nion. "Look, even your Smeargle knows you're messed up in the head. I'm still suprised you aren't locked up in a prison somewhere." Riley was caught off guard when Nion started shouting wildly. Riley actually understood the notion when he realized who Nion was talking about. "We'll look who's here." Riley said as he walked over to Zack's table. "I'm suprised you showed up. Last time we saw each other, you were a mess." Riley tried provoking Zack. "So how's things going between you and Hazel?" Riley asked in a suggestive tone.

"Well, I guess I'll just be going now," Sazan felt weird just standing there. There was guy who had obvious mental problems who was shouting at Riley and Drew. Sazan"I hope I can see all of you again, maybe even on the battlefield." Sazan released his Feraligatr and moved to chair in the corner.

"Well hello Mr.Champion. And still, after like, forever your still bugging me about Hazel? Wow, you commit. I already told you, were just old friends," Zack said, finally noticing his friends. Zack started losing air when Nion squeezed him.
"Could you please... Let... Go," Zack asked as nicely as he could while being suffocated by Nion. Already he could remember the old memories he had of Kanto, just by seeing the two.

Riley stayed serious for a moment before breaking into a smile. "I was just messing with you. So how are things going? Are you actually going to be able too face me in the tournament?" Riley asked as he remembered the last tournament and how Zack let Layla win. He hoped that this time he would be able too face Zack.

Nion just took rileys comment about him being mental horribly. "What ever you don't know the shit ive been threw ass hole it does something to people you know how hard it is not pulling a gun to my head pulling the god damb trigger when theres litterly no one that likes me I'm not an idiot Riley you may have an opinion on that but whatever" Nion said slowly looking emotionless. Smeargle just stared at riley and realized what type of person he is in no time. Smeargle just walked over to riley. Smeargle looked at riley in the eyes before jumping and smacking riley with its tail.

Aspen had already began to grow increasingly uncomfortable, but seeing Smeargle smack Riley made her really want to go. "Uh, I'm going to try to find a hotel to stay at," she said, "see you 'round, probably." Aspen was almost out the door when she realized she had forgotten something important. "Oh!" she exclaimed, running across the Pokemon Center to the PC. She quickly withdrew her egg, which she had stored inside the PC so that nothing would happen to it while she was travelling. She then hurried out again, Ashley in tow.

"Yea yea yea. I was dumb for letting Layla win. Not happening this time," Zack said. He wanted to say more, but couldn't when Nions smeargle smacked Riley in the face.
"Holy shit Nion! Already back to your old insane attitude? Jeez calm down," Zack suggested, surprised things were already getting hectic. Man I can already tell, this is going to be worse than Kanto. Zack thought to himself, brushing his hand through his hair.

With the Johto tournament just hours away several trainers where rushing through Goldenrod city to make preparations, register and train. Going at a snails pace was Layla. She had just had her first trip on a airplane and learned that she gets very nauseous from flying. The worst of it had past but she wasn't about to run and then throw up, that wouldn't be a good impression. Especially with how heavy the news coverage is of the tournaments. As she shuffled her way to the goldenrod Pokémon center she forced herself to stand up straight and make it look like she wasn't feeling too bad. Layla strolled into the Pokémon center planning on registering as soon as possible and going straight to her hotel room. After the trip through the air she was starting to regret her decision to do another tournament. She filled out the form and saw the nurse frown at her when she handed it over. "Miss, don't take this the wrong way but you don't look so good. Are you feeling well." Layla shrugged her shoulders wearily "Thanks for asking, but I'm fine. Fit as a fiddle." She turned away from the nurses disbelief. Mission complete, now I just gotta make it to my- her thought process was cut short when she tripped in the middle of the center. She had forgotten to close her bag the contents littered the floor. This was truly a rough start to the tournament. She started picking her stuff up off the ground, she would usually be really embarrassed but she was too sick to give people any mind. With the decent reputation she had from the Kanto tournament she was glad no one recognized her. Yet at least.

Last edited:
Drew got off the ground and looked and saw a familiar face. He smiled a little bit but decided to let her be. "Well I'll be on my way." He said as he got out of the center and started to run.

Aspen flopped down onto her hotel bed. "Arceus, that was weird," she said to the empty room. The Trainer sat up and sighed before looking over to the egg, which she had put on a pillow in a nightstand drawer. "I wonder what you'll hatch into, what you'll be like."

A green haired boy approached the pokemon center. He had a smirk on his face, and his hands in his pockets.
"Fashionably late. To me, right on time," He said to himself, walking into the building. He walked up to Nurse Joy, who began to greet him, but the boy cut her off.
"Look. Cut the chit chat, here's all the info your gonna need to know. My name is Gyro. I'm above all these trainers, and I have all necessary badges," Gyro inturupted, flashing his badge case which was completed. He walked away from the shocked Nurse and took a seat on a nearby bench, kicking his legs up and closing his eyes, like he was resting.

Riley grabbed the Smeargle by the tail after it had smacked. "You should teach your Pokemon some respect but then again, I doubt you have any yourself." Riley told Nion before throwing the Smeargle back. From the corner of his eye, he saw someone trip and fall as contents flew from the bag. No one else seemed too have the decency to go help the girl, so Riley went over and started to help pick the stuff up. "Hey, um, you alright?" Riley asked before taking a good look at the woman. "Holy shit! You actually showed up!" Riley exclaimed, obviously suprised as he realized who the woman was. He was disappointed in himself for not noticing her earlier. "Layla, it's been a while." Riley said as he handed her some of the stuff that had fell out of her bag.

Nion just cursed under his breath. Nion started laughing before he faced zacks direction." Well wow now two people think I'm a psychopath And mental wow you people don't know the meaning of ecsitment at least your not an asshole zack but really I'm not sitting around for bad shit to happen"Nion said to zack. Nion then saw Layla."I don't think it's a good idea to go over there to say hello to Layla when all four of us are together shit happens I'm going to a restaurant that's connected to a gym, Watchasay zack we go there get some food and you can kick the fuck out of me in the rang afterwords?"Nion asked zack. Nion then returned his smeargle.

"Um. No thanks, Nion. I'm actually going to be a good person and help Layla. Go do whatever you want," Zack said, before getting up from his table and walking over to Riley and Layla.
He picked up what was left from her bag and put it back, and sat down on the floor.
"I agree, these tournaments don't come soon enough. Your alright though Layla?" He asked, happy to see yet another old friend of his. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a boy talking to Nurse Joy, who's rudely stopped her from talking. After saying something to her, he walked over to a bench, and layed down on it. Little did Zack know, it was someone he knew very well. He was going to go give him a talk about respect, but decided Layla was probably more important at the moment.

Grumbling as she started scooping her things up she peeked up when she heard a familiar voice ask if she was alright. She turned her head and found Riley staring at her and they both finally recognized each other. She smiled because it seemed like he was excited that she showed up after all. She grinned up at him and put put what he handed her back in her bag. "It's good to see you again Riley, still got that ego the size of Kanto?" Layla's attention turned to another familiar face as he walked up and helped her pick up her things. She giggled playfully, feeling a little less nauseous now that she has a distraction. "Wow, you both are such gentlemen. It really has been a while!" She put the rest in her bag and stood up with only a slight stumble but she maintained her balance. She gave a Zack a smirk of clear false confidence. "Psh, yeah I'm fine. Well look at us, feels like the bands back together again or something. How have you guys been? What have you been up too? How far do you hope to make it in the tournament?.. Heh, sorry. It's just, great to see you guys again." She didn't mean to bombarde them with questions but she did want to know the answers. She wasn't going to go too much into it, but she really did miss her Kanto tournament pals.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Zoe strolled into the reception room and saw the people flocking around Riley. I wonder why they like him so much. She thought to herself.
"Name please." The nurse asked.

"Zoe Aryson." She replied.

"I don't see your name down the list." The nurse and receptionist said. "Are you new to pokemon battling?"

"No I..."

"Well, I'll get you to fill in some more details then..."

"I told you, I'm not new? Have you not heard of my name? I came in the top 4 in the Kanto tournament!"

"Kanto tournament? Are you making things up? I've got a list from the last one and you aren't in it!"

"No, not the last one!" Zoe calmed down. "This was one from a year back. The tournament before that one."

"Oh!" The nurse cried.

A man with short black hair walked up to the counter. "So you got to the semi-finals and finals in the tournament before the last one?" The man asked and Zoe nodded. "Sorry, for a second there, I thought you were weak..."

Zoe looked at the young man. He seemed about her age. "What made you think I was weak?"

"No, no...you..aren't weak, I..."

"Spit it out!"

"Do you know what, I still think you're weak. I've been sitting here all this time, looking for someone to battle with and these idiots keep encircling that boy over there." He pointed to Riley. "You see, he won the last tournament. He won't beat me then..."

"What did you say your name was?" Zoe asked.

"Damian Demaskos...Zoe.." He whispered to the girl and the nurse. The nurse recorded the information down. For some reason, he hadn't properly joined up until that point.

"Damian, you say you're stronger than us all here? Well, let's have a battle!"

Riley chuckled when Layla mentioned his ego. "Yeah, very funny Layla, but you won't be laughing when I win this tournament." Riley thought about that statement for a second before he noticed Zack came over too help. Layla seemed glad too see both of them and Riley also felt better seeing the old crew from Kanto.

Riley thought about how he should answer Layla's questions. "You sound like a reporter with all those questions. I hope they weren't following you throughout your whole Johto journey like they did with me. It was so annoying." Riley exaggerated a bit but it was pretty close to the truth. "Literally as soon as I arrived in Johto, I was already surrounded by reporters. Every time I beat a gym leader and even on some of the routes." Riley complained. "Anyways, you should already know my answer too that last question." Riley figured that Layla would know the answer. "Of course I'm going too win this whole thing." Riley decided to answer the question anyways.

Nion just stared at Riley and Zack who helped Layla. Nion knew he couldn't go over there there would be another World war 2. "Nion you are not going over there you know what happens... You know FUCK IT"Nion said before starting to run up to them."LAYLA"Nion screamed running over to them.Nion then devowered more tic tacs. "So I see you haven't gotten any bigger short stuff"Nion said joking.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike was flying to the Goldenrod Pokemon Center on his Crobat. He signed up for the tournament and saw a crowd of people talking. "Whatever, it doesn't matter anyways 'cause I'm going to become Champion," Mike said to himself. He took out his beer and began drinking. He wasn't completely used to it yet, he started drinking about a month ago. Then, his retarded drunken self began to appear. Mike ran to the crowd and screamed, "THE FUCK IS UP PEEPS!!!" He saw someone who looked familiar, but Mike couldn't remember from what.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
"How many pokemon are we allowed?" Zoe asked Damian.

"Is three on three good enough?"

"Yeah. Better not use any of the pokemon we're going to use in the tournament!" Zoe exclaimed.

"I agree." Damian replied.

Both of them searched their bags and PCs for good pokemon that they had neglected. After a while, they looked up at each other.

"Let's see what you've got." Damian said to the girl.

"Go Petal!" Zoe exclaimed. A large female Meganium stepped out from Zoe's pokeball.

"I like to call this one Inferno!" Damian shouted as a pokeball unleashed a mighty Charizard. "That Meganium doesn't stand a chance. Flamethrower!" Inferno the Charizard flew in the building he breathed a long line of flames at Petal."

"I'd call this off right away! Stop!" The Nurse cried as she saw the battle unfold. Despite her loud voice, the two ace trainers ignored her.

"Dodge it!" Zoe cried. Petal was actually very quick for her species. She jumped to the side. "Magical leaf!" Petal shot a stream of leaves at the Charizard. Charizard was hit, but it didn't do much damage.

"Sorry, but you'll have to do better than that! Flare blitz!" Damian's Charizard came crashing towards Petal. It created an indent in the wall and the Meganium was thrown about. Nevertheless, Petal still stood. She had avoided most of the attack but Inferno's wings had ignited her. She was burned.

"Petal!" Zoe stepped next to the burnt Meganium and placed her hand on the neck of the grass type. Petal's body shuddered and vibrated every few seconds as the burn was still in place. Zoe had a plan but it required underestimating Inferno as a pokemon initially, that is why the burn was now in place. "Use Poisonpowder!" Petal flung the deadly powder at Inferno. Inferno was unable to dodge the attack. He was now poisoned and could not move much.

Damian ordered another flare blitz attack. Once again, Petal dodged the attack and the recoil destroyed the Charizard's health. Zoe ordered the move Sunny Day to be used by Petal. Damian thought this was strange because it powered up fire type attacks.

"Heatwave!" Damian shouted. Inferno blasted fires at Petal. Petal jumped over each blast but got hit brutally.

"Now, Solarbeam!" Zoe roared. Sunny Day meant Solarbeam could be used with ease. As light came through the windows from the sun a giant green blast was fired from Petal. Inferno tried to fly away but Petal successfully targeted the beast. The beam took out Inferno. By now, most of the trainers in the area the two were in had gone. The Charzard dropped to the floor with a large thud. Damian could not believe it, but he knew Zoe was a skilled trainer just from this and started to believe in her skills.

"Well, I'll answer all of 'em. I've been pretty good, been spending all of my time getting used to my Johto team, and I hope, further than last time," Zack said, taking a second to breathe. Then all of a sudden Nion came charging over screaming loudly, and then another guy came charging over screaming loudly.
"What the fuck... Who are you susposed to be?" Zack asked, annoyed someone completely random had decided to drop in.
"Actually, don't answer that. Just, please go away," he asked as nicely as possible.
"Then he turned to Riley and Layla, and whispered something only the two could hear.
"Nion brought more of his retarded kind to this tournament. I don't know how long I'll survive," Zack joked, being semi serious about it.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike grunted with annoyance and then smirked. "I would ask you to a battle, but I'm not dumb enough to show off my Pokemon. Maybe you and I will fight in the tournament, and I will win," Mike said ignoring Zack's request.. He squinted his eyes at the group again and realized who looked familiar. "So you're a champion? At least that's what I overheard from guys in the Center. It'll be great if we fight in this league," Mike said to Riley.