• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Johto League Tournament

James and his Sceptile were silently earting their breakfast, going over their strategies again. "Now I know you're not going to like this but I can't send you out first.." he said to his trusted partner. The Sceptile gave him an angry glare and looked away. "Come on buddy, you know I need to spare your powers.. Who knows what we're coming up against." he apologized to his Pokémon. After still being ignored he turned back to his meal, trying to imagine the many different scenarios that can play later.

It was at this point that Arman arrived downstairs. He had been staying on floor 3. "EY! Arman! Over here!" Ray said loudly over the chatty crowds eating their meals, while waving his hands excitedly. Arman waved and tilted his head in a confused manor while pointing to the boy (with his entire team scattered around the buffet table). Ray did a quick laugh and shrugged. Arman went up to talk to the boy. "Hey, you know you probably shouldn't have your entire team outside of specific training areas... anyway, I don't like starting conversations like that, so allow me to introduce myself. I'm Arman and that young man sitting over there is my partner and good friend, Ray,"

James looked over his shoulder at the boy standing behind him. "Look at them, are you going to say no to them?" he asked daringly, raising one eyebrow with a dirty smirk. After a few seconds of awkward silence James takes 4 Pokéballs and a Premier ball out of his backpack and captures his Pokémon. "I was only joking! Hi, I'm James." he said as he stood up and offered Arman a hand. "Is it okay if I sit with you guys? I'm pretty new here." he asks, nervously looking around the room. James was never really a social guy, hence his army of Pokémon around him. He's awkward, but focused. Held back, but all-out when battling.

"Yeah of course man, I know the feeling. Here follow me, we're expecting a couple more folks soon, so I'll make sure everyone's introduced," Arman said, doing his best to break the long and intense silence that had happened previously. They made their way back to the table, but despite Arman's big grin and James' shy look, Ray didn't even pretend to look amused. This place is getting cluttered Ray thought to himself, but he still flung out his arm in an attempt not to be rude. "Hey, I'm Ray, who're you?" He asked in a slightly aggravated tone.

"I'm James, nice to meet you." He says as he shakes Ray's hand. He takes a seat across him and sets down his platter of food. "So, what are your plans for today?" He asks with a full mouth, looking at Ray, then at Arman, and back at Ray before taking another bite. "I was thinking of getting in a battle or two, you know. Getting some extra experience in woudn't be bad before going to the championships now would it?" He states with his mouth full. Man those poffins are good, you'd wonder why they're actually for Pokémon he thinks to himself.

"Oh, nothin much unless of course any of our friends preliminaries are today. After breakfast we'll have to check the brackets and see where we stand. I'm hoping to get some extra experience in as well though. Might hit the hyper training center," Arman said. "Yeah I've been practicing some new techniques with wheezing and flareon in the event of a double battle occurring," Ray added. "Welp Ima go get somethin to eat. I need a good power meal before I train. Be back in a sec," Arman stated as he left the table and made his way over to the food buffet.

James nods and finishes his meal, before turning to Ray. "Sooo, a Weezing and a Flareon, what alse you got?" He asks, looking at him curiously. "I suppose you got a glimpse of my team, so what's yours?" I add, insisting on seeing Ray's team. Just after that remark, a girl named Helena comes over to James and taps him on the shoulder. Helena is James' best friend, and is here to cheer him on. "I've got you your gift, sir." She says as she hands him a Pokéball. James looks at the Pokéball, and then at her, upon which he jumps up and smiles. "You actually went and got it?! You're the best!" He says as he hugs her tightly. He takes the Pokéball before sitting back down and introducing her to Ray. "Well this is Helena. She's no trainer, but watch out. She's tough!" He says jokingly.

"Nice to meet you," Ray said as he shook her hand. (Ignoring James' request to see his team completely) Though Ray was not focused on her either, he was questioning what was inside that singular Pokeball. Why it was so important and was it a Pokémon? He only had 5 out before...? Maybe an important item? On top of all this, the sight of 2 good friends made him wish he could make more friends than just Arman, possibly even a girlfriend, which brought him back to the whole Sasha Scarlet problem. But, he pushed the thoughts out of his mind. Right now, he needed to focus on his dream of becoming Champion of Johto. He couldn't let other things block sight of that.

Last edited:
Scarlet woke up earlier than Sasha, but nudged her from the other bed to prod her awake. The two got dressed and headed down to the banquet hall. They say ray and made a note of it. They grabbed their food and sat a few tables away from them. The two also sent out their smaller pokemon to feed them as well.

Meanwhile James and Helena were giggling and laughing with eachother, remembering stories from the Hoenn region. "I can't believe we've made it all the way here." He sighs as they share a moment of eye contact. "So, what do you say we go and check out the brackets? I want to know my first opponent." James proposes as he already gets up to do so. "I can't wait to test this guy out again!" He states, holding up the new Pokéball. See the Pokéball he just got from her is an old friend he used in a previous championship, but he was left with Helena in the Unova region to train a bit more. Now that his team is complete, who's going to stand in his way?

He scanned the room for the others. He saw them a few tables away and thought that the bracket positions would be a good conversation starter. "Yeah sure. That sounds fine. Hey Arman, we're just gonna go check out the brackets for the prelims. You want to come?" Ray asked. "Why not," Arman replied simply as they all walked out of the buffet room and towards the lobby area

After they finished their meals, scarlet and Sasha walked to where the brackets were to check who they would be fighting first. It was hard to see though, as most people had gathered around the board by this time.

The board was full of capable, strong trainers, with us being no exception. James pushed himself through the huge crowd of people gathered around the brackets, finally securing a postition where he could see himself on the board. "So it's me versus...Carlile. No idea who that is." He says to Ray, standing behind him trying to look at the board. "That'd be me!" An unknown voice states from over the racket of the crowd. A tall, black haired, perhaps mid-twenties male walks up behind us, triggering quite a lot of people to start whispering about him and sort of...looking up to him?

Ray scooted through James and the remaining crowd of people. His name was right below James' and he was fighting Sasha. Perfect way to meet, Ray thought to himself. First shake her hand, then send her team flying. Ray sighed and then looked around for her, but couldn't see anything in the crowd of people that surrounded the board. He was too close to the middle and everyone was trying to see where they were placed. Armans match is also today. Who's Hazel? Ray thought as he yet again scanned the crowd for Arman and this mystery girl he would be fighting. He spotted Arman talking with a dark skinned girl with flowing black hair and a feraligatr at her side.

Last edited: