• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Johto league tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Discussion thread for character profiles and OOC: http://pokecharms.com/threads/johto-leauge-tournament.13770/)

Drew finished his registration form. He tighted his grip on his walking stick as he started walking out.
As he walked out the cool Goldenrod air hits him like the cool breeze you feel when a freezer opens. He looked onward to see the many trainers coming his way.
Drew shook his head. ' This is going to be fun."

Last edited:
Trail turned in his registration form to the lady at the desk. He looked around excitedly.
"Alright, Trail. First tournament. Just stay cool, and you'll be fine." He said to himself. At that moment, his stomach grumbled. He looked down, just now realizing how hungry he really was. Trail thought back, remembering that he forgot to eat breakfast because he was in such a hurry to get here. He reached back to where his bag normally was to find it missing.
"Wha-?!" Trail looked around in a panic for a moment, then calmed down. Mentally retracing his steps, he realized he must have left his backpack outside when he went to the bathroom. So he walked back outside the building and promptly bumped into a trainer with a cane.
"Oh! Sorry, mister!"

Mister? Drew thought surley he didn't look that old yet. He turned his head to see a young boy maybe six years younger then him that was wearing glasses. "It's alright. So where's the fire?" Drew asked seeing the disgruntled look on the boys face.

"Sorry, I just left my backpack out here." Trail said. He looked around and saw it leaning against the building, right where he put it. Sighing with relief, Trail jogged over and grabbed it. When he started to walk back to the building, Trail noticed the guy he bumped into.
"Are you here for the Tournament?" Trail asked the man.

" You can try." Drew said. " But I'll be winning this tournament." Drew moved a little to his left. " The tournament doesn't start till tommarow. Want to battle?"

"What? Here? Now?" Trail asked, looking around. He saw quite a few trainers milling about. "But... won't we lose the element of surprise in the tournament?"

" You might be right about that." Drew said. " I think I saw an abandon arena a couple miles east from here. want to go?"

As promised to his old friend Drew, Yannick went to Johto and collected all 8 badges. He registered himself for the Johto League Tournament and was searching for Drew as he heard someone talking about an old arena nearby. "Knowing Drew he might headed there with someone for a battle." Yannick decided to go to the arena.

They made their way to the abandon arena Drew stopped and looked at trail. " Alright let's have a one v one match. " Go Poli." Drew saide throwing his pokeball. Poli the Poliwrath appeared.

Yannick arrived at the arena. "Well that are two familiar faces. Hey Drew I see you are still sticking with Poli. How is it going?" Yannick took a seat and was pumped to watch the match.

Hearing a familiar voice Drew cocked his head and saw Yannick sitting down watching the fight. " Hey Yannick." Drew said. " Doing fine all things considered how are you doing?"

"Same and so do my Pokemon. But don't expect to see so many familiar faces on my team. You only know two of them and I have to admit they have changed a lot!" Yannick smiled. "I bet you know who I took along in my Johto journey."

" You definitely took scyther with you." Drew said. " There's no way you wouldn't bring your Ace with you. As for me Poli and Nightmare are the only two I brought with me."

Trail listened to the conversation while choosing his Pokemon. He took off his glasses and polished them, actually pressing the small switch that turned on the hidden cameras.
"OK, hate to cut your conversation short, but let's get this battle started. Go, J-Peg!" Trail said, sending out his Porygon2. "Alright J-Peg, use Psyshock!"
J-Peg focused and shot a powerful psychic wave at the Poliwrath.

Poli took the psyshock and moved backwards. ' Time to focus.' Drew thought. " Poli Hydro pump." Drew said as a torrent of water came out of Poli's stomach and flew towards Porygon2.

"Look out!" Trail warned. J-Peg tried to dodge out of the way of the water, and managed to avoid the full force of the blast. The attack still spun the Porygon2 to the side.
Augh! I wasn't expecting a water type move! Trail thought.
"J-Peg! Use Conversion 2, then follow it up with another Psyshock!" Trail commanded. J-Peg nodded, and it's skin went from it's natural red and blue color to green. Then J-Peg shot another psychic wave at the Poliwrath.

" Poli Dodge." Drew said Poli was barely able to. " Use ice beam on the ground." Poli did so. He started slidding on the road of ice he created until he was behind Porygon2. " Now Ice beam on Porygon2."

The Ice Beam struck J-Peg just as it turned around, and knocked him back.
"J-Peg, slow him down with Thunder Wave!" Trail commanded. J-Peg let loose an electric attack at the Poliwrath.

yellow lines appeared around Poli. ' Shit Poli's Paralyzed .' Drew thought. " Ice beam again." Drew said. Poli couldn't move

J-Peg tried to dodge again, but the attack still hit. The digital Pokemon wasn't looking so well, but gave a reassuring nod to Trail.
Gah! TWO super effective shots! We have to end this quickly! Trail thought desperately.
"J-Peg! HYPER BEAM!" Trail commanded. The Porygon2 blasted a huge beam of energy directly at the Poliwrath.

Unable to doge the attack Poli took it at full force knocking him back a few feet. Poli stood for a few seconds before fainting. " Poli return." Drew said. " You did great job out there." Drew gripped his cane as he walked towards Trail. " great match." Drew said.

Trail just stood there for a moment, breathing heavily.
"We... We won?" He asked. His Porygon2 floated over next to him happily. "Whoa! We won!"
He looked at Drew.
"Thanks! You did amazing!" Trail said excitedly, returning J-Peg to his Pokeball. "That was amazing! How did you know to use Ice Beam after I used Conversion 2? It's not really the most well known of moves."

" I already had eight badges when I came to Johto When I fought Witney she used a Porygon." Drew said.
" Secondly water is only weak to two types Grass and Electric. Either way Ice beam would of worked. Also nice job using thunder wave. Most trainers that I've been up against seem to think that move is usless so I wasn't expecting that."

'Interesting! First of all he has a Porygon2 and then he wears fake glasses. From here I have a straight sight through the glass. What is this guy up to? He seems very intelligent.' "Well well that was a heated fight. Nice job Trail!" Yannick walked up to the 2.

"Thanks!" Trail said to the other trainer. He adjusted his glasses, secretly switching the hidden cameras off.
"Are you here for the Tournament, too?" Trail asked the other trainer.

"Yes I am. I promised Drew that he can get his revenge on me after I beat him last year in Kanto." Yannick looked towards Drew and smiled. " So Porygon2 is a pretty rare Pokemon. Where did you find it?" Yannick took a look at the glasses upclose and they still looked strange to him.

"Um... I kinda... programmed it." Trail said sheepishly, looking at the ground. "N-not by myself! I'm not that good. I had my dad and my cousin help me out. They work at Silph Co, and I defiantly wouldn't have been able to make it without them. I had him for a while, then I managed to upload it with an Up-Grade program."
Trail glanced up to see Yannick looking at his glasses.
...Why is he staring at my glasses? Was I too obvious with my actions? Trail thought, beginning to worry. He was sure to not let it show. No. There's no way. Maybe he just noticed the lens of my glasses are fake. Heh, look at my glasses as much as you want, you aren't going to find anything. I would know, I made them myself!

Jado beated finally the 8 gym which was the dragon type."Finally...this time I gonna beat you Yan."Jado exit the gym and headed to the Pokemon league location."Iam coming to beat you and get my revenge with Fluffy."Jado though.Suddenly Jado ran and shouted."I know you can hear me!Iam coming to beat you!"

"That's impressive! I never heard about a Pokemon programmed by people." Yannick noticed that Trail was a little nervous. "I'm looking forward to see the rest of your team. Some people say that your team reflects your personality." Suddenly Yannick heard a familiar voice shouting. "So he made it too. Thats pretty nice." Yannick smirked as he noticed that Jado also registered for the tournament. "Brings back memories doesn't it Drew?" He smiled "Unfortunately only one of you can kick me out of the tournament."

Drew looked from Yannick to Trail wondering why Yannick was starring at Trail's glasses. ' there's something I'm missing here.' Drew thought as he kept watching them. ' Those lens do look fake from this point of view." He thought. Suddenly Drew heard a faint familiar voice. ' So he made it.'
" Yes this does bring back memories." Drew said. " and I'm going to beat you this time."

"We will see about that. I just hope we don't face off against each other that early in the tournament again. After all it was like a final match." Yannick looked to the sky. "But don't expect me to go light on you! If we face off against each other it will be the last time before I return to my home region."

"I'd be offended if you "went light on me."" Drew said. He looked over his shoulder staring into the distance. " We'll I'm famished either of you hungry? A nurse told me about this world class steak house somewhere close to here. I'm buying"

"Did you just say steak??? Just tell me which direction I'm starving!!" Yannick freaked out. "Trail why don't you come with us I'm sure Jado will come too." Yannick threw a Pokeball. "Go Umbreon! Hey Umbreon go and find Jado he is somewhere around here and lead him to us, ok?" Umbreon ran off to find Jado.

"Uh, Sure, I'm game." Trail said, about to return J-Peg to his Pokeball. Suddenly, an idea struck him. "Hey, J-Peg, could you calculate the fastest routes to the closest steak houses around here?"
The Porygon2 nodded, then closed it's eyes and concentrated. A beam shone out of his chest on to the ground, displaying a map to the closest steak houses. Trail clapped.
"Alright! I haven't had the chance to try that program yet! And it works!" He said happily.

Jado enter one steak house."I would like two steaks and nothing more."Jado said his order to the waitress."I dont eat steaks for ages..."Jado though."Steak!"Jado shouted and everyone looked at him.
"Ahh...sorry for disturbing you."

Status
Not open for further replies.